Chapter 8

The Progress of Love

 

"Stop staring at me," Chaewon whined, "just finish your food."

Joongki flashed her a smug smile before lowering his head. He took a spoonful of rice inside the Samgyetang dish she had prepared for him since early morning.

"It's really good," he said. He spooned another mouthful amount, munching it as he looked at her again.

"You're wearing make up," he pointed.

Chaewon's polished cheeks turned even more pinkish.

"I put it on for you," she confessed bravely, maintaining their eye contact.

Deep down inside, she was feeling really shy over the fact that Joongki knew she was putting such effort for him. But, she wouldn't want to show it because he could turn the knowledge into a weapon to .

"Tell me, you're actually nervous right now, aren't you?" He asked.

"No," she denied, but her eyes were blinking a few times betraying her.

"Look at that blatant lie. Your cheeks are as red as this thing here," he pointed to the cap he wore earlier.

"It's-it's because of the heat!" She reasoned, not willing to give him the victory he wanted.

Chaewon left the dining chair mumbling, "It seems like I forgot to turn the air conditioner."

When she passed his seat in her attempt to pretend to look for the remote, he pulled her to him instead. She landed on his lap.

"What kind of heat are you talking about? It's autumn, Love. Except, if you're talking about this heat."

Joongki put a big smooch on her lips, pressing their lips together as he grabbed her neck so she wouldn't be able to escape. Chaewon hit his arms repeatedly, but he wouldn't let her go. When he finally pulled away, she bit his hand.

"Yuck! You taste like chicken!"

.

Chaewon snuggled closer inside his arms, ducking her head in the crook of his neck. She inhaled his scent deeply and it reminded her of a humid pine forest after a rainy day.

"You smell good," her warm breath and the tip of her lips caressed his skin as she talked.

Joongki found his body tensing because of it.

"Love, don't do that."

She had became really comfortable in her place. The air conditioner was on, but she was tucked under the blanket, and his warmth made her sleepy.

When she talked again, she was slurring.

"Hmmm? What?"

Again, her lips moved against his flesh.

Joongki cleared his throat awkwardly. "My neck is my sensitive spot."

It took her around five seconds to realize what he meant. Chaewon's eyes flew opened, her sleepiness had gone away. She immediately pulled their bodies apart, sitting almost half meter away from him.

Her brown beads were shaking.

"I'm sorry."

Joongki flashed her a smile that looked a bit forced.

"Relax, Love. I'm okay. It was just...close."

She let out a sigh of relief. Joongki let out his arms opened.

"Come here again, it's alright, just..." he hesitated, "just don't put your lips on my neck."

Chaewon gave him a questioning stare, as if asking if it was really fine. He reached her hand and made her lie down beside him again.

"Are you startled?"

"A little bit."

She felt his hand circling her back, patting her there, but she had lost the courage to stay too close to him. There was a distance about a palm between them, while they were basically sticking to each other earlier.

"Hey, it's okay," he looked down to her face, "maybe because I missed you and the Samgyetang, I...have too much energy and became a little bit more sensitive than I usually was."

Chaewon looked back at him, her lips pursing while she listened to the battle inside her mind.

"Should we sleep in different rooms tonight?"

"No," his answer came out sternly, "I've been away for four weeks, do you know how hard I had been wishing for this night? When I finally could hold you again in my sleep?"

Her forehead wrinkled, mouth pouting. She wanted to kiss him for the thing he had just said, but in their situation, it wouldn't be a help for him, right?

At a point in their relationship, they had talked about it. It was after a small argument that she couldn't remember about. They sorted it out and made up, and he left short pecks on her lips. He kept doing it for a while. They were laughing, she was sitting on the edge of her bed and him on the floor.

Suddenly, he got carried away and pushed her on the bed. Their kiss turned intense with him pinning her with his own body weight. He bit her lips and she let out a moan of pain that stimulated him to explore the inside of with his tongue. She too had forgotten everything other than the feel of his hot mouth and breath on hers. It felt so good and so right that she threw the caution away and started grabbing his hair, wanting him to never let go.

They didn't know how much time had passed as they were immersed in eating each other's lips. Joongki's hands roamed around her body, desperately caressing her through the layer of her clothes.

He left and went down attacking her neck, leaving his love marks around, biting her ears. Their breath and her moans filled the room. If she was in her right mind, she would be embarrassed to hear the sound she made. But, Joongki and the taste of him were the only thing in her mind. He, on the other hand, had went crazy because of her; her blushed cheeks, her fair skin that had turned red because of him, the sound of pleasure she let out, her small hands that hold him. He forgot about logic and just went with his impulse.

He was ing her blouse and her black bra came into view. He left kisses on the flesh that wasn't covered by the piece of clothe. She got really sensitive and pulled him upward, wanting him on her lips again. They kissed again but it was more sensual than the ones they shared earlier. He roamed his hands on her body, brushing on her neck, chest, waist and he reached down there, somewhere between her legs, her most intimate part.

She snapped back to reality, realizing what they were doing. He was still kissing her and it took a lot of effort to stop him. She held his shoulders, pushing him off her.

"Oppa, I'm sorry."

He might had lost his head for a moment, but he was not dumb to not understand her words. Silently, he left her body.

It was awkward for them afterward as they sat there on the bed. His b lust faded into air as soon as he found that guilty look on her face.

"Do you want to take a cold shower or something?" She broke the silence.

His voice cracked as he answered, "no, it's okay."

There was another silence and she fidgeted in her place. She should explain to him, she knew.

"Oppa," she began softly, "you're the first person to go that far with me. In my previous relationships, they couldn't even dream of entering my bedroom since I lived with my parents."

She closed her eyes, calming herself, gathering the courage to be honest.

"I thought it would be weird to share such a deep kiss and experience. Thanks to you, I found out I was wrong," she smiled before continuing. "It was really good, or maybe because it's you I could enjoy it to the point that I threw my principle away. I wanted you go on. Even now as I'm talking, I can feel myself burning. But, you know me, I want you too just like you want me, but I can't."

Joongki knew exactly what she was talking about. She was a religious person. She had vow to abide the rules of God, to not have , to keep her purity until marriage. Not that he didn't know about it before, he knew, but he forgot it as the desire to be connected to her in the most intimate way took over him.

"Forgive me," she talked again, "I understand your need, but I can't help you about it. I don't know if I'm being too much by asking this, but could you help me to keep this one principle of mine?"

Chaewon reached his hand, holding it softly.

"By saying that, I'm asking you to stay. I don't want our relationship to change because of it. I don't want to lose you just because of it."

Joongki took a deep breath.

"I'm an ordinary man and there are times when it gets hard to control myself, especially with you. But, that doesn't mean I can't."

He paused and turned to look at her.

"Now, this minute, I'm not sure I can promise you something like that won't happen again. I might get carried away again in the future, but surely, I know, I don't want to leave you just because you won't cater to my biological need. I don't start this relationship with you just to get into your pants."

She squeezed his hand.

"I know."

They hadn't had any agreement about it after that. There were no promise or words that he wouldn't touch her more than the boundary of being intimate and . But, his actions spoke louder than words. She knew there were times when they were kissing and it got really deep, but he managed to stop before he did something further.

 


Chaewon came back from her reverie and caressed his cheek.

"Let's talk about some other thing," she suggested, to distract themselves.

"Hey, I just remembered, I'm going to get together with my friends on Friday. Do you want to come?"

"Which friends?"

"Just Insung Hyung, Joohwan Hyung and everyone else. We're going to Kwangsoo's place."

If she agreed to come, this would be their first time to officially introduce themselves as a couple in front of their friends. Their relationship had entered its fifth month, but because he was busy, they hadn't really got the chance to meet a lot of people.

"Will it be alright?" She asked.

"I don't see why it won't be," he told her softly, "I want you to meet my friends, and isn't it about the time they know already? Well, Kwangsoo knew about it already, but I want everyone to know so the rumors would spread out and those guys who think that you're available will know their place."

Chaewon raised her eyebrows, "what are you talking about?" She had never heard anything of it.

"Of course you don't know. There are things that only we, male actors, know about. Things like which female actress is the target of a certain actor, or actors. And, you, Love," he flicked her nose, "have too many fans lining up, trying to make a chance with you."

"I don't believe you," Chaewon countered, "if it's true, why was I single for such a long time? There were only a few people who approached me."

"YA!" Joongki shouted, "are trying to play with me? Why are you even thinking about them?"

Chaewon chuckled, flashing a sweet smile to appease his jealousy.

"I'm just being curious," she chirped, her voice turned a few octaves, like a little kid. "I'm sorry."

He pinched her cheeks. "If you act too friendly with them, I'll make those junior actors' life hard."

"What about the senior ones?" She played along.

"I'll think about it later. One wrong move, my career would be over."

She creased her nose mockingly at him.

"So, will you come?"

"Are you sure? I think you will want to talk with them freely for a long time. If I come, you won't get to stay for too long because I know you'll be thinking about taking me back home."

"Actually, I want to stay with you, but I have promised them. Moreover, it won't be just us, men, they're bringing their girlfriends too. So, come with me? That way I don't have to break any promise and I would be able to spend time with you."

A sincere smile appeared in her lips.

"If it makes you happy, I'll come."

Joongki stared at her, finding himself falling all over again.

"Come here. Let me kiss you."

"No! We'll get in trouble!"

They spent the next minutes wrestling each other; him trying to kiss her, her trying to push him away.

"If you get sensitive again, it's not my fault, okay?" She said in between their battle.

He won in the end, bringing her closer, crushing their lips together to his heart content until they ran out of breath, pulling apart just so they could start it all over.

Their sleep was peaceful that night, holding each other again after a long time.
.

 

 

 

 


Author's note :
Hello, here comes the update. I'm always sorry because I can't update faster than this, it always took me quite a long time to write this story, I don't know why. Like I said before, this story is just too sweet sometimes that it's hard for me to find things to write. I'm afraid I might one day lose all the sweet stuffs to write lol.

I try to match Joongki's and Chaewon's characters with the impression I have of them out of their drama characters. I wrote it based on the impression I got when I watched their interviews or variety show appearances. From what I know, Chaewon is a religious and faithful believer of The Christ (some information I got on the internet stated she is a Catholic, and a religious one). So, I try to match the value and view of God on before marriage on this story. I hope it doesn't offend anyone.

Anyway, someone asked if I would cast Kwangsoo in this story and it helped me a lot to write this chapter. Kwangsoo's appearance will be available on the next chapter. See you then ^^

 

PS : So, for the next chapter, do you guys have any suggestion about Joongki's squad? I heard that he has this circle consists of some fellow actors. Obviously it includes Jo Insung, Im Joohwan, Kim Kibang, and I heard EXO's D.O is a part of it too, also Kim Woobin. So, who should appear? And who should be Jo Insung's girlfriend?