Ever.

You're Not Leaving Me. Ever. (VHOPE)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hoseok opens his eyes slowly, allowing his vision to focus. He sees a figure sitting in a chair across the room. "Tae," Hoseok greets softly, breaking into a weak smile. He tries to sit up, but he can't. His body feels like it's broken. There's a dull ache throughout his entire body, but he doesn't understand why.

"Tae, help me." 

Hoseok continues to struggle to get himself up for another minute, then looks up when he realizes that no one has come over to help him. Tae is still sitting in the chair, just watching him. Hoseok gives up trying and falls back against the bed, wincing as he does so. Damn, everything hurts. He frowns at Taehyung from his pillow. "You're so mean, just sitting there. You haven't even come over to give me a hug. Where am I? A hospital? Was I sick?"

Silence.

"Tae, come over here, please? I can't get up. I miss you."

Hoseok watches in absolute bewilderment as Taehyung leans back in the chair and crosses his legs. What the hell? They've been going out for 5 years, surely he deserves a little more compassion?!

Despite the pain, he can feel his temper rising. "Kim Taehyung. Answer me, you jerk. It's not funny anymore."

Incredibly frustrated by his boyfriend's refusal to reply, he starts trying to sit up again, motivated now to go over to Tae, since the boy won't come over to him. He swings his legs over the side of the bed, thinking it would help him in propping himself up,  but his lack of control over his own body makes him overestimate the distance and his legs go a little too far off the bed. The next thing he knows, his body is sliding over the edge of the bed and he falls to the floor with a soft thud. The drop to the floor isn't very high but the impact of the fall still sends waves of pain throughout his entire body, and Hoseok bites his lower lip to stop himself from screaming in agony.

"Tae help me, please. Why aren't you helping me?"

Hoseok is crying pitifully  now, unable to understand at all why the boy he loves so much isn't rushing to his side like he would have done if the situation were reversed. "Taehyung, don't you love me anymore? What's wrong? I don't understand! TAE!! ANSWER ME!!"

Hoseok stretches an arm out towards Tae, but his beloved boyfriend just sits there with a little smirk on his face. The pain he feels from his other half's cruelty hurts more than anything. Choking on sobs while tears stream down his cheeks, Hoseok drags himself across the floor, summoning the energy for a slow crawl over to Tae. His love. His everything. He needs to find out what's going on.

The nearer he gets, the better he can see Tae's face and he stares searchingly, trying to find any sort of clue as to why the man he loves is being so cold towards him. He finds no answers, but that does give him more strength to move himself closer. Almost there. Just a bit more.

He finally reaches the space in front of Tae's feet and he uses the side of Tae's chair as leverage to pull himself up into a sitting position, all the while still staring into his boyfriend's face in utter confusion. He tries holding out a hand once more. "Tae... baby, please. Help me up."

This time, Tae stands and holds a hand out to Hoseok, who grabs it gratefully, because he's finally getting a reaction from Tae. A sense of relief overwhelms him. Tae isn't ignoring him anymore. Everything's going to be ok. He doesn't even feel like asking what was wrong anymore. Everything is going to be ok, that's all that matters. 

Firmly grasping both of Tae's hands, Hoseok puts his weight on Tae and lets his boyfriend help him up. This is how it should be. Partners helping each other.

Tae helps him up into a standing position, and Hoseok smiles brightly up at him. There is still no expression on his face, but it doesn't matter. Everything is going to be ok. Hoseok takes a tiny step forward to hug his boyfriend, but to his horror, Tae lets go of his hands and takes a few steps back, out of reach of his outstretched arms.  Shock registers on Hoseok's face.

"Tae.... what...? I don't..."

He can feel himself start to shake, since his legs can't support him. Alarmed, he instinctively reaches out once more for his love to help him. Tae does take a step forward, and for a split second, Hoseok almost laughs in relief, t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter