final.

eyecontact.

I cover my ears as those fangirls scream.

 

ugh, tell me again why did i come here?

 

My dear best friend, Jiyoon. Jiyoon, my dear best friend. I love her so much that i practically sacrifice my hearings to accompany her watching this boyband called Seventeen. I’m totally the opposite of Jiyoon, she’s so into Kpop that she remembers every group members’ names maybe even their birthdates. While me, um i can’t call myself as a nerd, because i’m not one. Hm, how should i explain this..

 

Okay, let’s just say that i’m that diligent and smart girl who always study. Very odd for a 16 years old teenage girl. I rarely go out of my house—maybe sometimes to hang out with Jiyoon— but i usually lock my self up in my room and dive my head in those textbooks. And today is an exception, because Jiyoon begged for me to come and fangirl with her.

 

I mean, i don’t even know any of this boyband’s songs moreover their names, how can i fangirl huh?

 

Anyway, it’s been i think an hour since the fanmeeting started and my feet are screaming. 

 

Be patient buddies, we’ll find somewhere to sit as soon as i escape from this room.

 

I glance at my bestfriend only to find her totally immersed with the show, just perfect. As i turn around, some music started to play. Those girls around me start to push one another to get closer to the stage, which was about 1 metre away from where i’m standing.

 

Ah, dang it!

 

Now that their screams and pushes are more intense, i can’t help to turn back and face the stage. Heaving a deep sigh, i look up at the guy standing in the middle of the spotlight. He looks kinda young, maybe around my age. 

 

“OPPAAA!!”

 

“LEE CHAAN!!”

 

“DINO SARANGHAE!!”

 

Chan? Dino? Dino as in Dinosaur?

 

My thoughts are interrupted by loud screams that boomed my ears. I look up once again and I have to admit that i’m in awe as i watch him move. The Dinosaur guy surely know how to steal the girls’ hearts, i mean those expression he makes, the semi smirk-smile, those smooth moves, and  eye contact. 

 

wait— what? eye contact?

 

I shake my delusions away and continue watching him dance. He does this fancy hand movements  that leave my jaw hanging, wow this kid surely has talent. And how can he change his expression that fast like in 0.0001 sec. Wait—

 

oh my god. 

 

i’m not kidding, between his turn, i’m sure he looks at me, moreover he raises his eyebrows at me.

I widen my eyes and my heart starts beating fast. There, he looks at my eyes again, this time while smiling. I keep my confused(and blushing) face as his performance continues, after awhile he diverts his eyes to the rest of the crowd. In no time, his performance ends with him glancing at my direction for the last time.

 

Letting out a shaky breath, i don’t realise that i held my breath for so long. 

 

“Who is that?”, i mumble not-so-quietly since Jiyoon quickly answers,

 

“That’s Dino or Lee Chan. Maknae of the group, 99 line just like us. He’s in the performance team and he’s genius in dancing.” 

 

Well i can see that, his performance was wow. plus that eyecontact he makes.

 

“Why? You’re interested?”, i quickly shake my head. 

 

“ But, you know Yerin-ah, is it just me or Dino did look at our direction a lot? Am i being delusional?”

 

OH bestfriend you’re not.

 

But i just shrug my shoulder and give her a “maybe”. The fanmeeting continues for another hour, and honestly i can’t take my eyes off the dinosaur maknae. I learn that he’s quite goofy and silly but cool at the same time. Maybe, just maybe, when i got home later, i may look him up and maybe be his fan. Just maybe.

 

And sometimes, i catch him looking at our direction again and maybe, just maybe, looking at me. I’m surely full of my self today and i’m very delusional. Just maybe. 

 

By the time they say their last greeting, i’ve lost track of how many times i said ‘maybe’. We finally exit the stuffed room and i feel so relieved to breath the fresh air. 

 

Ah~ it’s time to go home, maybe today’s experience is not that bad.

 

Jiyoon bid her goodbye as she get on her mom’s car, i wave until she’s out of my sight. By this time the hall is completely empty, and i can’t believe it was packed just awhile ago. Putting on my earphone i make my way to the bus stop. 

 

While humming ever so lightly, i keep my head down (a/n : randomly play Keep Your Head Down by TVXQ; okay i’m sorry carry on with the reading) and watch the pavement instead. But i abruptly stop as i see a pair of shoes in my way, i look up only to find a familiar eyes. It’s a man or should i say guy ( since he apparently looks young), with a black mask covering half of his face. 

 

He’s kind of suspicious so i mutter a ‘sorry’ and continue walking, only to stop once again by a hand holding my wrist. Okay right now i’m in panic, thoughts running through my mind and the only thing i can think of doing is to scream. And heck yeah i scream.

 

The guy puts his hand over my mouth and drags me to a nearby alley. “Shush shush, i’m not a bad guy, i won’t do anything to you”. His eyes moves in panic and it makes me kind of believe him, so i stop screaming.

 

He sighs in relief and takes off his mask. “Recognise me?”

 

Uh— yeah, i do. 

 

The guy before me is no other than the dancing dinosaur i saw awhile ago. My body refuse to react so i stand there staring at him like an idiot. He awkwardly coughs and rubs his neck, and i manage to get a hold of myself. 

“So..”, we say at the same time. He chuckles and signals me to talk first.

 

“So, what are you doing here? I mean you’re not suppose to be at the hall with your members or anything?” 

 

He looks around, seems like thinking for a reason. “Uh, i just saw you walking and i came to greet you.” 

 

“Oookay, but we don’t know each other though? I’m just one of the audience, is this a fan service?” 

 

He looks flustered, “Um— no. Actually i saw you on the crowd when i performed, you stood out since you’re not screaming like the others did. So, i thought you’re different and that attracted me.”

 

My mouth form an ‘O’ and i shyly fiddle with my fingers. So i’m not being delusional..

 

“I know we just met but do you want to hang out sometimes?” 

 

I’m surprised to hear his words but i can’t lie that i, too, feel attracted to him. Without thinking much, i accept his offer. With a huge grin on his face, he stretches out his hands. 

 

“Lee Chan, nice to meet you.”

 

“Park Yerin, nice to meet you too,” 

 

I hold his hand for a handshake and he says,

 

“By the way, i like your eyes. They’re pretty.”

 

Not a maybe, but today’s experience is surely not bad.

 

 

 

a/n:

 

hello~ 

 

byunbaekhyun29 here! and i’m back with a very short Dino oneshot.

 

i fell in love with seventeen (esp dino my lee chan) recently, they’re awesome tbh.

 

also i have this performance by dino that i really love and i decided to make a fanfic of it.

You can check it at the foreword or just search “ Time for Love Dino” on youtube.

 

and! please kindly check out my other fanfic too~

 

SUBSCRIBE, UPVOTE AND COMMENT ~

 

thankies!

 

 

XOXO,

byunbaekhyun29 

깹송~