Chapter 1

Reliance (One-shot)

 

Today Is the Day (One Shot)

Today is the day …of their divorce. GuiGui managed to wear a fake smile while walking up to the barren land where parked helicopters were. Though she was drowsy, she tried to double her speed. Aaron, who were the pilot, at the same time her husband were waiting impatiently, sitting inside the vehicle.

[=GUIGUI’s POV=]
There are no more tears left for me. I sneaked in to his house last night and cried.
Now I have to face this, no matter what.
However, I still love him.
Yeah, I still love him like before. I still care about him, I still trust him. But why doesn’t he?
[=END OF GUIGUI’s POV=]

Flashbacks of them two keep on replaying on their minds. Yet, they did not care about these feelings at all.

“I don’t trust you. Neither do I love you anymore. Let’s file a divorce soon” This hurtful word of him stays fresh on her mind. Every single flashback of this sentence is like a bullet that keeps on shooting her.

She keeps on searching on Aaron but she can’t find him. She cannot seem to see his plane parked there too.

“Wu Chun!!” She called out. Chun was a co-pilot of Aaron.

“Oh GuiGui! Long time no see! Are you looking for Aaron?” Chun replied still wearing this warm smile as always. He’s wearing a black shades which makes his appearance more handsome.

“Yep” GuiGui squeezed out a sweet smile.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Aaron!” GuiGui shouted when she finally found him.

“Can’t you walk any faster? I’ve been waiting for half an hour! Now get in!” He said coldly, almost controlling his tone of voice.

GuiGui then hopped inside. She can feel the gentle breeze blowing through the atmosphere. She missed this kind of experience, usually Aaron always gives her a ride for fun, and they will chat all day long about themselves on the sky.

“Aaron, there’s less than 24 hours to back out. Would you not really believe me? I missed you, but could not even hug nor talk to you properly. Aaron, what should I do?” GuiGui thought to herself while the helicopter takes off.

Aaron, on the other hand was in fact on his dilemma too. “Gui, do you miss this kind of experience? Because... I do. My mind states I should continue this threatening, but my heart conflicts. What should I do, Gui?”

Both of them witnessed the beauty of the land. Though they are already familiar with these, it’s always seems so fresh and renewed. There were even treasures hidden, they both planted it here, it was the most precious thing in their life. However, that treasure seemed to be gone. Maybe found by others? Or just simply lost. This treasure was this so called …love.

It is still the same as before, just that it has lesser beauty. The aqua-blue water that seemed so clean, mountain ranges that seemed to be filled with pure gold, the barren land but always free to accept anything you put in and the atmosphere, which has all kinds of love but now full of misunderstandings. These wonderful surroundings essentially resemble their hearts.

They were now on air. GuiGui gazed out in the sky. She thought no more tears are left, but the more she thinks of it, the more she wants to cry.

“Do… you really …want a divorce?” GuiGui asked softly. Her voice was cracking as she managed to swallow this question.

Aaron was stunned but still focused on his drive; he did not answer her …for a while.
Later on, GuiGui drifted to sleep; she was too tired, not just from last night but the days she sees Aaron was not on her side.

He glanced at her sleeping soundly. Finally, Aaron answers her query “You’re asking me if I want a divorce? I do not even know if you love me. If you trust me, still. Gui, after what you’ve done to my mom, my love didn’t vanished, only my trust disappeared. It’s all about you, my precious Ghost.”

Then all of a sudden, the helicopter started to have turbulence. Aaron looked down and realized that if he didn’t do something soon, they were to crash on a land. “GUIGUI!!” He shouted. He started mumbling words on his radio to call for support. He keeps on waking her but her sleep was just too deep to be interrupt.

“G… GuiGui!” He shouted once more.

They are just a kilometer away between the land and the sea. Aaron was anxious. If they would land on the sea, it is much safer than land. However, neither way, it’s still dangerous. They do not hold their future, hope and prayer is the only way out.

Before it’s too late, Aaron grabbed on his parachute. He held on GuiGui tightly and jumped out.

GuiGui was awaken as they travel by air slowly. She has no clue what was happening. Both of them saw the helicopter crash on to the sea. As they landed on the land, Aaron unwrap his hands on her.

“ARE YOU A FOOL?” He shouted madly when they have fully landed

As he started the sentence, tears flowed on GuiGui’s cheeks

Aaron, again continued “ISN’T MY VOICE THAT LOUD ENOUGH FOR YOU TO WAKE UP? OR ARE YOU JUST PLAYING ALL ALONG? DID YOU KNOW HOW DANGEROUS THAT WAS?” He stops as he gasps for air. He was yelling since earlier and his throat dried up.

[=GUIGUI’S FLASHBACKS=]

“Oh GuiGui! Long time no see! Are you looking for Aaron?” Chun replied still wearing this warm smile as always. He’s wearing a black shades which makes his appearance more handsome.

“Yep” GuiGui squeezed out a sweet smile.

“Okay, he’s right there” Chun pointed

GuiGui laughed “S---sorry. I was just too stupid. I didn’t see,” she stated

“Chun replied “No you’re not! And hey Gui, I’ll trouble you with something; Aaron’s going to use another plane. His plane was borrowed for emergency case.”

“I’m not sure if that helicopter is safe to use. You know, many plane crashes now a days” he added.

“It’s okay. I trust Aaron, he’s really an awesome pilot!” GuiGui said with much vigor.

[=END OF GUIGUI’S FLASHBACKS=]

She cannot anymore hold on her tears, every tear that dropped down gives her more encouragement to speak, to ask, “Did you know that every day, all I wished is for your trust to come back? Every time you talk to me coldly, I feel more stupid! Why don’t you trust me when all I do is to rely and follow you? Won’t you give anything in return?”She snapped back

Aaron was just standing where he was. So GuiGui then continued
“Wei shen me? I know that it isn’t your plane, I know it isn’t safe to use. I just TRUSTED you Aaron! I RELIED on you! Now why are you mad? Did I do something wrong? I dared to relax when I know that my life’s in danger!” GuiGui shouted and bent down, crying.

[=AARON’S POV=]
Why am I so stupid?
I continued to be blind and did not recognize she was always in front of me, on my surroundings.
Maybe, it is indeed payback time.
[=END OF AARON’S POV=]

Aaron walked up to her.

“Sorry” He stated,

he pulled her up and hugged her.
Aaron held GuiGui as if he was protecting her. He let her head rest on his chest as GuiGui hears his heart beat.

“I’m sorry, Gui” He helped GuiGui wiped off her tears with a handkerchief.

Unfortunately, Aaron’s lips landed on hers. They kissed in the middle of the land and it became a long and passionate one.

GuiGui pulled off and said “Thanks, my Lunnie” She smiled