3. Confession

Re: Blindlessly In Love

Words: 3,790

Birds chirping and warmth are the first two things he noticed when he wakes up. An overwhelming wave of heat burns his back due to a familiar broad chest that hugs him from behind. Baekhyun should be surprised but after taking in the distinctive scent of cinnamon and man cologne, he knew immediately it was Chanyeol who was behind him.

This hasn’t happened before. No matter how close or comfortable they have been. Laying on each other’s legs was as intimate as they can get. Perhaps the times he hugs Chanyeol in the pool were exceptional. He didn’t do that on purpose, Chanyeol surprised him, so that didn’t count.

Baekhyun blushed at the thought of being in Chanyeol’s arms every morning like this. That would be really nice and probably would be even nicer if he gets to turn around and nudge his nose against the taller’s chest.

He contemplates for a long time whether or not he should turn around and stir Chanyeol awake. He wanted Chanyeol to sleep in a little bit more, especially after what happened yesterday. Chanyeol was probably restless and he felt ashamed because he had caused trouble again. Baekhyun doesn’t faint all the time but it did happen once before. Just once thought and to his defense, it was because getting for finals and he didn’t have time to sleep or eat!

As he battles with himself, Chanyeol tightens his hold making him hitched in surprise.

“Morning.” Chanyeol's raspy voice made him bite his own lips. How can someone sound so y early in the morning?

“M-Morning,” Baekhyun mutters.

“How was your sleep?” Chanyeol took the initiative to turn Baekhyun around. “Do you feel unwell anywhere? Did you know you gave me a heart attack yesterday?” Chanyeol takes Baekhyun into his chest and signs into the shorter’s hair.

“You know—” Baekhyun started, we’re practically lovers like this….Baekhyun thought but wasn’t brave enough to speak out.

“Hm?” Chanyeol waited.

“N-Nothing.” Baekhyun shakes his head and parted their bodies.

“Thank you for taking care of me yesterday. I’m sorry I caused you trouble.” Baekhyun looks ahead hoping it was Chanyeol’s eyes he was looking at.

“You had a heat and you were dehydrated. It was all my fault. We didn’t have any water the hours we were there.” Chanyeol caresses Baekhyun’s cheek as he blames himself. “If anything were to happen to you. I would never forgive myself.”

“W-What are you talking about? How is your fault? It was partly my fault for not taking care of myself. It's common sense to drink water on a hot day and I didn’t do that. It has nothing to do with you.” Baekhyun complains vigorously as he holds onto Chanyeol’s hands. “It’s never your fault okay? We had fun and you were there with me the whole time to makes sure I was okay. If anything, without you, I could have drowned or worst.”

Chanyeol sighs, not feeling any better even after Baekhyun’s explanation. Once again, he takes Baekhyun into his arms, ignoring the fact that he is dangerously crossing the line. His instinct to love and care of Baekhyun naturally surpasses his logic and common sense.

“Alright, stop scowling. Let me see your face.” Baekhyun tries to cheer Chanyeol up.

His fingers search for the male's face, slowly reaching out to the soft skin and feels it with the tip of his fingers. With every he made, he makes sure to shape out every inch of his face, learning and still learning the beautiful structure in his hands. Baekhyun especially likes Chanyeol's chubby cheeks. There wasn't too much fat, but it was plump enough to squeeze it and stretch it out. He giggles, playing with it and stretching it so that it looks like Chanyeol is smiling.

“See? You look much better when you are smiling.”

Baekhyun then tickles Chanyeol’s ears and neck until the later from laughing too much.

“Okay okay.” Chanyeol locks Baekhyun’s arms and when Baekhyun puts more effort into tickling Chanyeol’s sensitive spot, Chanyeol tackles the latter until Baekhyun is pin strongly against the mattress.

As Chanyeol hovers above Baekhyun, they laugh and catch their breath from the playing they’ve been doing. In this position, Chanyeol looks at Baekhyun longingly, taking in the beauty before him and the innocent that they exude from Baekhyun’s unfocused eyes and smile. They were so precious in his eyes.

Baekhyun, on the other hand, was starting the feel the stares that Chanyeol was giving him. He doesn’t know why, but it makes him self-conscious. Clearing his throat, Baekhyun tries to change Chanyeol’s focus before his cheeks start burning from embarrassment.

“Anyone wants breakfast. I’m starving.” 

“Oh yeah.” Chanyeol comes to some realization. “Would you give me 30 minutes? Actually 20. I’ll go make us something.”

“I can come with you.” Chanyeol finally released Baekhyun’s wrist and Baekhyun sits up until they are eye to eye.

“Why don’t you get ready. Brush your teeth, maybe shower if you want?”

“Hmm. I should do that too.”

“It’s settled then. Are you sure you’re feeling all better now? Should I carry you to the bathroom?” Chanyeol asks, half in worry and half wanting to tease.

“I’m good thank you very much. And I know my way around the big man. I’ve been here more times than I should.”

“Not enough to be honest. You should live here.” And Chanyeol wasn’t lying. I would love for Baekhyun to live with him every day. It’s easier to protect Baekhyun anyway.

“C-Chanyeol!” Baekhyun whines.

“Okay. Okay.” Chanyeol laughs before he stood up and lets Baekhyun be.

Baekhyun raised his arm forward while taking small steps until he reaches the closet. He scrambles around until he finds a pair of short and T-shirt to change into. Then he was going to brush his teeth, but then he realizes he doesn’t have a toothbrush. Sighing in defeat. He guesses he should look for Chanyeol downstairs. He doesn’t know where his phone is anyway.

 

 


Thank god Chanyeol prep their meals the night before. While letting Baekhyun sleep, Chanyeol took the chance to prep for their morning and lunch because he wasn’t sure when Baekhyun would wake up. So it didn’t take long for Chanyeol to cook their meals. However, not even ten minutes since he had gone down to the kitchen, he heard Baekhyun call for him from the door.

"Yeol?" Baekhyun's voice surprised him.

"Baekhyun! What are you doing walking down the stairs all by yourself? What if you fall?" He rushed to the elder and hold him by his hand, scheming him worriedly.

Baekhyun chuckles and shook his head disagreeing. "It’s not the first I walk down the stairs myself and like I said, I’ve been here more times than I should to know my ways around.”

"I know, but did you need something? You would have just called me."

“I didn’t ask for a toothbrush and for your information. I don’t know where you put my phone.”

Baekhyun could literally hear the slap Chanyeol gave himself to the face.

“My bad. I should have known.”

Baekhyun laughs finding Chanyeol dorky, and cute at the same time. Baekhyun never really likes it when people treat him especially, but when Chanyeol starts babying him for every little thing, he doesn't complain. He likes the attention Chanyeol gives him.

“I’m here anyway. Can’t I sit here and hear you cook? It already smells amazing and I don’t want to go up and shower at this point.” Baekhyun gives himself an excuse to stay just a little bit longer.

Baekhyun doesn’t hear any replies so he guesses Chanyeol was contemplating. In the end, Chanyeol nods and agrees for Baekhyun to stay. Chanyeol quickly ran to his room to get Baekhyun’s phone so that the latter can entertain himself while he waits. Much to Chanyeol’s knowledge (since he was too indulge in cooking his best meals) Baekhyun only sat, swaying his legs and enjoying the sounds of Chanyeol making their food.

"Come on, let's have lunch." Baekhyun claps exciting.

While they eat, Chanyeol did not miss the oversized shirt on Baekhyun's peptide body. The elder looks like a kid with his shirt, even more so with his bed hair that was still not neatly combed.

Whenever Baekhyun finishes the food in his bowl, he would secretly add a little more so that he could eat as much as he can. Baekhyun obviously notices the never-ending food in his bowl so he whines, saying that he was too full. But Chanyeol, being the persistent person he was, wasn't having any of it. Baekhyun is too skinny for his own good.

"Baekhyun, you have to eat more. What if you faint again."

“That has nothing to do with eating like a pig!”

“You are not a pig and hell I’m not taking any chances.”

“Okay but tell me exactly what happen yesterday.”

"Out of nowhere, you just went lax in my arms. To be precise, it was on my shoulder when we were in the pool. You have no idea how worried I was when I found you unconscious on my shoulder. I thought your lungs collapse or something because you weren't breathing right, but then they said you were just having a heat or something." Chanyeol put down his chopstick tiredly remembering how hectic it was yesterday.

"If I wasn't patient enough, I would have taken you to a hospital, and if I didn't know better, I thought I would have lost you there."

“You’re exaggerating.”

Jokes aside, Chanyeol got serious and he walks over to Baekhyun and holds him by his hand with a knee on the floor. "If you aren't feeling well, then tell me. Please don't do that again okay? If something ever happens to you again, I wouldn't forgive myself."

Baekhyun didn't mean to burden Yeol in any way, but seeing how he troubled the latter yesterday to this extent, he begins to question himself. Was he troubling Chanyeol?

"A-Am I troubling you?" Baekhyun bit his lower lip to retraining himself from breaking down. As happy as he has always been, Baekhyun was always a little bit more emotional when it comes to the people he loves. Some people call it sensitive but Baekhyun thinks he just genuinely cares too much about what he makes other feel or how they perceive him. Chanyeol is just one of those people he doesn’t want to bring trouble to. Being blind was enough. He didn’t want to cause trouble.

"Am I causing you too much trouble?" This is why he had become insecure after he has gone blind.

Chanyeol was quick to cuffs Baekhyun's face and assured him the opposite by caressing his cheeks all the way to his temples "hey..." He pulled the latter forward and into his chest. "That's not what I mean Baekhyun. You're not a burden and you're most definitely not troubling me. If anything I love taking care of you"

He sighs, "I just don't want anything to happen to you. Baekhyun, it might have been merely three months since we've met, but as for me....." It's been two years since I've watched over you. But he couldn't say that. He can't tell Baekhyun yet.

"For three months Baekhyun, you've become so precious to me. Seeing you hurt, seeing you cry............I just can't stand you like that. I want you to be happy. I want you to be safe. I want you to be healthy...........and I want you to be able to take care of yourself...........even when I'm not there."

Baekhyun didn't like how Chanyeol said the last part with so much pain, but he ignored it for the thunderous beating of his heart.

"I don't like it either when you cry, so will you please stop crying and smile for me, pretty angel?"

Baekhyun laughed at Chanyeol's attempt to cheer him up. The flirt line was obviously too old-fashioned, but who cares? Chanyeol likes it. Baekhyun likes it. And that's all there is to it. They still haven’t discussed where they are in this relationship, but if they can continue to be like this forever, Baekhyun wouldn’t mind.

With Chanyeol's constant attacks of jokes and pick-up lines, Baekhyun eventually forgets about his insecurity. They left the dining room a short while later when they aren't feeling too full. Like always, they walk to Chanyeol's room with hands glued to each other.

The maids in the house only giggle in delight while the butler had a sincere smile on his face. They've never seen their young master this happy before and the fact that Baekhyun was the cause of it all, they only hope that the two stay close to each other forever.

That night, Baekhyun slept over at Chanyeol’s house for one more. He called his mom and assured her that everything is okay. His mom was really worried at first but once she heard he was staying over at Chanyeol’s house, he seems a lot calmer.

“You know mom, you never told me why you trust Chanyeol so much. It’s weird.” Baekhyun wonders.

“Let’s just say it is a mother’s instinct. Chanyeol’s a good person. I had some trouble with him at first, but I could see his sincerity.”

“Sincerity?”

“What? He hasn’t told you yet?”

“Tell me what?”

“This boy.” Mrs. Byun signs in disappointment, “I told him it's okay too.”

“Now I’m curious. I didn’t know you had a talk with him. When did you guys get so close?”

“Oh my god. You really know nothing.” Baekhyun is genuinely annoyed. What is Chanyeol hiding from him?

“All the sad things aside, I told him I gave him my blessing. There was no other person I’d rather have my boy spend the rest of my his life with.” All suspicious and frustration aside, Baekhyun screamed through the phone.

“Mom! What are you talking about? W-We-“

“Oh, hush. It's not like nobody knows. I can’t believe you haven’t said anything either. Baekhyun if you don’t make a move. You are going to lose him.”

So Chanyeol likes him?

“B-But—”

“No, but! Go confess. Kiss him or whatever. The next I see him at my house. I expect you both to be in a relationship. You will not find any better Baekhyun.”

And his mom was right. Chayeol was perfect. Inside out and he still doesn’t know why Chanyeol likes him. What was there to like from a blind person who can somewhat sing?

“You can stay there a week if you want. Don’t come home until Chanyeol becomes my son-in-law!”

“MOM!”

And his mom ends the call. Baekhyun is officially a tomato and his ears and burning from the heat. He stood there for hours, digesting the information his mom just gave him.

So Chanyeol likes him…..

Chanyeol likes him….

Likes him….

Him…..

Baekhyun wasn’t sure if that was how he should find out and never in this lifetime does he thinks Chanyeol likes him. It was always maybe uncertainty—so Baekhyun was never sure. He just wished he was and that’s why he is so scared to ask the questions.

But Chanyeol likes him….

Really?

Why?

Too lost in his own world, he didn’t hear the footstep coming from behind him. When a hand lands on his head, he shrieks, jolting in place in surprise.

“H-Hey. Sorry, I thought you could hear me.” Chanyeol holds onto Baekhyun’s hands. “So what did your mom say? Why were you screaming?”

Instinctively, Baekhyun takes back his hands. It’s a given that he suddenly becomes shy especially after all of the confession his mom just made?

“S-She said I could stay over the whole week if I want.”

Baekhyun could literally imagine Chanyeol throwing a victory punch and smiling like an idiot.

“So?” Chanyeol waits for Baekhyun’s response.

“O-Of course I-I would s-s-stay.”

“Then this is a plausible celebration.”

“It’s just a sleepover Chanyeol.”

“None sense. I’m taking a break from school.”

“You can’t do that.”

“Actually. Let’s go on a vacation. Anywhere you want to go?”

“All of a sudden?”

“You said you like Japan, Osaka didn’t you?”

“Well yes but—”

“It’s settled then. Let’s fly tomorrow afternoon.”

“You’re not taking a no are you?” Baekhyun gives up, smiling at how excited Chanyeol is.

“Nope.” Chanyeol emphasizes the ‘P’ real loud.

“Let’s go then.” Baekhyun finally said. As long as it is with you, I’ll go anywhere.

In bliss, Chanyeol picks Baekhyun up and they twirl in rounds, laughing and celebrating in joy.

 

 


They took off on Monday afternoon and spend a very easy night in Osaka on their first night. Needless to say, they were VIP guests with VIP rooms, top-notch services, personal cars, and all the best and most expensive sight-seeing locations and activities. Chanyeol hired a guide of course so they could get the best experience while they were in Japan.

Baekhyun noticed that Chanyeol brought a lot of men with him during the trip. He grew up with bodyguards and butlers but he was never surrounded by this many people. Baekhyun didn’t have to see how many there are because he could feel the present and almost everywhere, they go, it was Chanyeol’s men. There were times when Chanyeol would have to stop talking to him to hear some reports from his men to which he can’t hear because they were all in whispers. They move locations sometimes despite only being there for only a few minutes. Is Osaka that dangerous or was Chanyeol just too careful?

He did attempt to ask Chanyeol what’s going on sometimes but the taller’s answer was always very vague. Perhaps Chanyeol just didn’t want him to worry. He was just overprotective and that was one thing Baekhyun finds very endearing.

As he said, he never likes it when someone treats him like he can’t do anything, but when Chanyeol treats him like this, it makes him feel special and loved. Like a prince, he wants to be taken care of, but deep inside, he wants to be able to see and be able to do things for Chanyeol. In as many ways as he can, he wishes to treat Chanyeol with as much love and care as possible.

During the trip, they were mistaken as lovers many times,, and while Chanyeol kindly clarifies every time Baekhyun felt a little disappointed. Baekhyun could hear the hesitation in Chanyeol’s voice and so it makes him wonders why Chanyeol won’t confess yet. Is it because Chanyeol is still unsure? What is he afraid of? Baekhyun enjoys every moment he spent with Chanyeol but sometimes, he can’t help but be lost in his own thoughts and drowns in his own worries.

“Baekhyun?” Chanyeol calls but Baekhyun didn’t seem to hear. The smaller’s eyes were void and not blinking.

“Are you okay?” Worried, Chanyeol caresses Baekhyun’s hair to gain back his attention.

They’ve been in Osaka for 3 days which means they have 3 days left. Baekhyun didn’t waste this opportunity to confess and he didn’t want to remember Osaka as just a vacation. He was hoping they could take the next step in their relationship. No matter what his mother told him a few days ago, he was still fearful of being rejected. Knowing Chanyeol, the taller wasn’t the type to stay quiet if given the chance to confess, so there has to be the reason why Chanyeol is choosing to keep mum. This means that even if Chanyeol likes him, rejection is still a possibility.

Sighing, Baekhyun smiles back at Chanyeol.

“You’re sighing and that’s not a good sign.” Chanyeol lowers his hand until he is caressing Baekhyun’s cheek.

What’s stopping Chanyeol?

Baekhyun thought as he faces Chanyeol’s direction.

“Have you ever been in a relationship Chanyeol?” Chanyeol’s hand froze on his face and something cracks a little.

Is Chanyeol unsure about his feelings? Is Chanyeol unsure about having a blind lover?

“Why do you ask?” Chanyeol changed to holding his hands, but even so, he didn’t feel any lighter.

“It’s just—” but Baekhyun didn’t want to ask. He didn’t want to burden Chanyeol with his selfishness. Chanyeol might have a reason so he should just patiently wait. But what is this fear he has inside his chest? Why does it hurt when he thinks about Chanyeol wanting a normal lover? Someone else who is not blind and weak and—

“Why are you crying.” Baekhyun didn’t know he was shedding tears. Fluster, he wipes away his tears and looks away.

“I-It’s nothing.” Baekhyun sniffs and clears his throat. “L-let's just go back and have dinner? I’m a little tired.” Baekhyun scrambles his hands around to find his cane to stand up from his chair, but Chanyeol stopped him pulled his seat closer. Chanyeol practically locked him between his legs.

“I’m sorry,” Chanyeol said and Baekhyun didn’t know why Chanyeol had to apologize. He was the one who is selfish.

“I’m really sorry.” Baekhyun hopes it's not Chanyeol’s way of rejecting him. Baekhyun hopes—

Suddenly, he felt a pair of lips landing on his own and he hitched.

More tears fell to his cheeks because he didn’t know how he was supposed to take in this kiss. Is it a confession? Is it a rejection? But Baekhyun didn’t want to push Chanyeol away. He pulled himself closer and stayed there, clutching onto the other’s arms like his life depends on it.

When Chanyeol pulled away, Baekhyun was hesitant to sit back. He didn’t want to let go. What if that was the last time he get to kiss Chanyeol.

“Why are you still crying?” Chanyeol thumps away Baekhyun’s fall tears. “Perhaps you want more?” Chuckling, Chanyeol leans in one more time.

“C-Chanyeol.” Baekhyun whimper in confusion, wanting more answers for his endless securities.

“I love you Baekhyun.” Chanyeol finally confesses as he touches their forehead together.

“I’m sorry I waited so long to tell you. I’m sorry for being a coward. I still don’t know if I deserve you but I love you so much. I'm sorry for being selfish.”

Baekhyun cried desperately yet blissfully against Chanyeol’s forehead. He wanted to tell Chanyeol that he should be the one to say sorry—he was the one who is selfish—he was the one that didn’t deserve Chanyeol.

But once again, Chanyeol claims Baekhyun’s lips—this time, their lips moving slowly and savoring each other’s love like it could disappear anytime.

“Please be my boyfriend?” Chanyeol mutters sheepily against Baekhyun's lips and Baekhyun could do nothing but giggles and sniffs.

“Silly – *sniffs*-- do you have to ask?”

Once again, Chanyeol wipes away Baekhyun’s tears which are now coming to an end.

“Of course it’s a YES.”


-TBC-