Epilogue

The Company

The next time they meet Hakyeon was already living on the first floor of their new house, and even if Hongbin was not ideal, considering he had no internet connection whatsoever, he warmed up to him in the end.

Wonshik was there, too, most of the time, and after Wonshik’s friend took whatever remnants of Taekwoon with him, Hakyeon was forced to do as he was previously told, he grew up, made friends, and got a life outside those walls.

Eventually he got a job, working with Jaehwan, an android much like himself, that worked on a night club as a bartender. Not everyday -of course, Granny was the priority- only on weekends, when he needed help the most and Wonshik was home to keep Granny company.

Five more years passed since they moved, since Hakyeon’s security chip has been removed, and sometimes he forgot things about the beginning.

About when it was just him, Granny and the cat, living with Taekwoon in that house near the center. But things changed since that time, and he no longer felt crushed by sorrow everytimes he acknowledged the empty file in his head where Taekwoon’s software has previously been installed.

Hakyeon is almost never at home at night, he discovered a very strong passion for dancing, and stopped caring about sleep mode.

Almost six years without Taekwoon, and Hakyeon is no longer consumed by memories all the time. Tonight he sits by the bar, looking at Jaehwan as he poured some girl a drink.

Jaehwan was very much compromised with the daughter of his user, and Hakyeon would always laugh at his speeches about how awkward it was to date her, she saw her as a baby A baby, Hakyeon! Do you understand how babies happen, because I certainly don’t. STOP LAUGHING, MY GOD HOW HEARTLESS CAN YOU BE?

But even with his head over heels for the daughter, he still flirted aimlessly with every single woman that set foot inside this bar, always.

It’s good for business, he winked every time Hakyeon questioned him about it.

Hakyeon just looked at him like he always did.

Resigned.

He looks around again, at first it was truly a surprise to see just how much humans and androids seemed to mix at night, but now it was old news.

“Hey, hyung. That guy you left with last week came by looking for you.” Jaehwan had a bottle in his hands that he moved around as he spoke. “I said you had a new boyfriend, per usual, and do you believe he said he didn't care? Like, he was totally confident that you would ditch your hot imaginary boyfriend that I named Rick, to stay with him. Can you believe this? I mean he was such a six out of ten.” He snorted ungraciously, setting the bottle down after serving a couple that stumbled over to the bar.

Hakyeon looks at Jaehwan and he is offended, he would never hit on a six out of ten. “Now you lookit here, Mr. Lee .” he said making that face, the one he used when he got displeased at Jaehwan’s antics.

“Woah, no need for the ‘Mr.Lee’ face. Chill, hyung.” He holds his hands up defensively, getting a glass and giving it to some guy with a silly accent.

Hakyeon makes an annoyed sound but otherwise let it slide. Jaehwan smiles and bends over the bar to whisper to Hakyeon in his super secret voice. “And I guess there is an eight out of ten looking at you right now.” he winks exaggeratedly at Hakyeon, and then leaves as the stranger approaches.

He taps the cellband on his wrist, a message from Jaehwan saying that at least this time, it was not a six. Hakyeon ignores him for the sake of their friendship, but he is not in the mood to roll around with some stranger, actually not in the mood for the cleaning part that came afterwards, and the insufferable amount of calls and voicemails after he decides that okay, it’s time to stop.

So he gets up before this guy has a chance to say anything, no visual contact. His cell buzzes again and he looks up to see Jaehwan typing in caps.

 

WHY’D YOU LEFT MR.EIGHT ALONE??? HE IS SITTING BY HIMSELF NOW.

 

Apparently Jaehwan would not turn off the caps. The messages all came in quick succession, too fast for Hakyeon, who was not even interested.

 

HAKYEON HE LOOKS SO SAD.

 

HAKYEON COME BACK HERE.

 

HOLD ON I’LL TAKE A PICTURE, YOU DIDN'T LOOK AT HIM DID YOU?

 

OH MY GOD HE IS HERE FOR SIXTEEN SECONDS AND YOU’VE ALREADY RUINED HIS NIGHT

 

HAKYEON MISTER EIGHT IS LEAVING.

 

HE LEFT. TWO MINUTES INSIDE AND HE LEFT. HOW TERRIBLE CAN YOU BE??

 

I’m sad for mr.eight now :(

 

Hakyeon is already downstairs and heading for the subway when another message comes, it's not a surprise when Jaehwan’s name lightens up. A photo attached to the message this time.

 

Here a photo of Mr.eight he shall not be forgotten :(

 

A voice from the speaker is announcing the news about maintenance next week. The photos finishes downloading by the time Hakyeon reaches the scanners in front of the escalators.

He has never ran back so fast in his entire life.

How come Mr.eight looks just like Taekwoon?

 


A/N: That's it guys. 

SEE YOU IN THE SEQUEL 

I'm gonna post the first chapter today because as you can all se I'm on a roll