Soft Baby Boy Pt.3 (1/5)

The Big Bad Wolves (and The Merman, Kinda, In Distress)

soooo......... I'm,,, back lol? OTL
6 months... and all I could fish out was 1200 words for this chapter CRIES
I'm so sorry for the long wait.. ;A; 
this update is really short ;-;

So much has been going on for the past 6 months (half a year omg)
I've had to focus on school because there was a hiiiiiiiigh chance of me having to repeat a year because I had F on all of the subjects except for 2 a haha ah a but!!!! I managed to fix all of them!! OTL
but even when I DID have time to write, I just couldn't bring myself to write because there were no motivation at all and I was just,,, so exhausted with life,, I came up with 7 different scenarios for how I wanted this chapter to go but none of them flowed as good as I wanted,,, this update is the only one I'm kind of okay with OTL
so I've decided to just write it all out in small parts (hopefully this way I can update more frequently but the chapters will be short!!), and when I finally am finished with the soft baby boy "arc" (lol) I will compile the chapters into ONE chapter only so it'll be a trilogy lmaooooo

So yeah, do not afraid my children! I have not nor do I plan on abandoning this fic! (though it'll take me forever to update lol)

anyways, I'm sorry for the long wait, and this REALLY short update!! I felt that I at least needed to post this so I have kind of a motivation to finally get it going again... Thank you guys for allllll the comments and kudos and for still staying with this fic OTLLLLL
I appreciate every single message and comment u send me, even tho I'm bad at replying, I really do appreciate them a lot!!!

With that being said, I hope u enjoy this clickbait chapter (because of how short it is lol)


“-You look like a four year old.”

Right as those words left Taehyung’s lips, Jimin felt the sudden urge to cry as panic quickly bubbled up inside of him.

What was he supposed to do- How long would he stay like this, would he ever even change back-?!

What the hell had even happened in the first place?

Taehyung noticed Jimin’s wobbling lower lip and glistening, teary eyes and the wolf started to get distressed, not wanting the merman to cry. He reached out to Jimin when a sudden loud groan startled the both of them, and they looked over to see Jungkook- Who had been asleep all this time- waking up.

Taehyung quickly scooped Jimin up into his arms, instincts telling him that something was going to happen and he needed to protect Jimin. But why? Why was his wolf so on edge as Taehuyng watched the youngest in the room.

Jungkook stirred for a bit, his eyebrows furrowing before his eyes snapped open and he looked right at Jimin. The merman tensed up when his eyes met with the youngest’s.

Fear quickly creeping up on him for the first time ever because of the wolf in front of him.

Jungkook’s eyes were glowing red and he was glaring straight at Jimin.

The youngest wolf hurriedly scrambled away from the bed with a snarl, crouching by the corner of the room as he growled loudly. Jimin, shocked, could see that Jungkook’s fangs had grown out and fur was growing out in patches around his face and arms.

Jimin was scared.

Taehyung’s arms tightened around Jimin, angling his body so Jimin was hidden away from the youngest wolf as he glared at Jungkook with a snarl.

The air was heavy with tension.

“Jeon Jungkook-!” Taehyung barked out loudly, his eyes glowing golden and his fangs bared as he stared the younger wolf down. At the sound of Taehyung’s angry voice, Jungkook cowered a little but he still glared at Jimin, who peeked up behind Taehyung’s shoulder with unshed tears glistening in his wide eyes, completely clueless as to why Jungkook was acting the way he was.

Jungkook’s eyes softened a bit but he was still tense, still on guard. He knew- could see that it was still the same Park Jimin but the smell clinging to the merman was so wrong. It threw Jungkook completely off- he couldn’t smell the familiar scent of Busan, of home and pack on Jimin and it was all just so, so jarring to the wolf. His wolf had completely freaked out.

Apparently Jungkook was the only one who noticed that Jimin’s scent was different, because Taehyung hadn’t reacted to anything other than the fact that Jimin looked like a toddler now.

Jungkook didn’t know why, but the lack of Jimin’s scent that was uniquely so him distressed the wolf greatly.

Before anoyone of them could say anything more, Namjoon bursted in through the door, the rest of the pack close behind. They were all on guard, tense as their gazes flickered through the room.

They must’ve sensed the distress from before.

Jungkook stilled when Namjoon’s red eyes fell on him, before they flickered over to Jimin, the alpha’s eyes widening at the sight. Hoseok, Seokjin and Yoongi’s gazes focused on Jimin too and the four oldest wolves were completely stunned.

Noticing all the attention on him, Jimin burrowed his face against Taehyung’s chest- Finally letting the tears fall freely because what the hell is happening?!

“Hey, is that-?” Hoseok started as he tried to get closer but was stopped when Taehyung growled. Surprised, Hoseok stopped right on his track and they all looked between Taehyung and Jungkook, unsure of what to do.

The sound of Jimin’s sniffles broke Jungkook’s heart and he wanted so badly to hold the little merman in his arms but- the thought impulsed so much him and he didn’t know what to think, what to feel, why - His mind was hazy, buzzing like static but it was all blank at the same time.

He wanted to- He needed to-

“I-I-” Jungkook started as he stood up on shaky legs, throwing one last look at the crying Jimin as guilt and fear and confusion filled him, before he turned and pushed his way through the other pack members, “I need to get out-”

Hoseok was about to run after Jungkook but got stopped by Seokjin who gripped his arm. The younger gave him a bewildered look but Seokjin just shook his head, “Whatever he’s thinking, let him clear his head first- I don’t think running after him and asking questions are going to help him.”

Hoseok looks conflicted for a second but reluctantly stays when Yoongi shakes his head and tells him, “Listen to hyung.”

Namjoon turns back to look at Taehyung and Jimin and is surprised at the second youngest wolf’s glare directed at them, cradling Jimin’s small body in his arms and shielding the merman from the other wolves in the room. He can see the way Jimin clings onto Taehyung’s shirt, his big, round eyes glistening with tears as he stared on in confusion.

The alpha takes a tentative step towards the bed but stops when Taehyung lets out a low growl.

Ah, Taehyung must’ve been overcome with the need to protect Jimin, Namjoon thinks to himself, knowing exactly how the younger wolf felt because the alpha felt it too- though, definitely not as intense as Taehyung was feeling, apparently.

“..Tae-?” Hoseok asks uncertainly as he steps up to stand beside Namjoon, surprised that sweet and easygoing Kim Taehyung had growled at them. Namjoon and Hoseok quickly backs away when Taehyung shifts into his wolf form, his large body taking up the whole bed as he curls himself around Jimin and the older wolves knows they need to give Taehyung and Jimin space, lest Taehyung grows even more agitated.

They’re reluctant to leave Jimin alone, though- they could sense how vulnerable and scared the merman was, even more so now that he was a literal toddler. In the end, Yoongi was the one to usher everyone out, throwing one last glance at the young wolf and merman before closing the door behind him.

Jimin, having been quiet from slight fear and distress all this time, watches as the other leaves before turning his watery eyes to look at Taehyung, his gaze meeting with the wolf’s golden ones and Jimin starts to cry when he notices his small- smaller, he sees, like a child’s - hands, clutching on to Taehyung’s dark fur. The wolf nuzzles Jimin’s flushed cheeks, a distressed whine leaving him as Jimin starts sobbing.

“I-I can’t stop c-crying-”

Jimin doesn’t know what is going on, doesn’t know how he woke up as a toddler and why Jungkook had reacted that way towards him and it was all stressing him out.

Feeling his eyes droop shut as exhaustion washed over him, the last thing Jimin thought of before he drifted off to slumber, as he burrowed his face against Taehyung’s fur, was that he hoped all of this was a dream and he would wake up normal again.

The sound of a lonely howl sounded in the distance.


btw!! If anyone is interested, I made a new blog on tumblr where I will be crossposting all of my fics from now on... ;u;

tumblr's:
Main: dulcetloves
Writing blog: dulcetloveletters

twitter:
@dulcetloves

Comments, subscriptions and upvotes are very much appreciated, thank you! ;u;