Chapter 2

Parce que c'est toi

 

Jihoon doesn’t want to go home. This is too early to come home. His mom is probably still at work. He checks his watch, and it’s still too early for him to go to the coffee shop. Three seconds later he decides to go to the city library. It’s been a long time since he visits the place. If he’s lucky he can meet Junghan – a librarian slash Mingyu’s boyfriend – and maybe have a nice conversation with him. Speaking of Junghan, Jihoon is always wondering why the older boy decides to said yes when Mingyu asked him to be his boyfriend. He could find a better man but why Mingyu?

Jihoon arrives at the library after five minutes walking. Once he opens the library’s door, his eyes find Junghan in his usual place, behind a front desk with a pile of books. Jihoon approaches him happily, “hello.”

“Jihoonie!” Junghan turns his head to Jihoon.

Jihoon smiles as he walks to the front desk, folding his arms on top of it, “do you have some good books?”

Junghan shifts his gaze the books pile, scanning the titles one by one, “I have a pile of new books, but I think I only have five new books for you. The rest is not your kind of books.”

A grin spreads across Jihoon’s face. Junghan knows his favorite books so well.

“Do you want to take the five of them?” Junghan tilts his head, asking Jihoon nicely.

Jihoon shakes his head, “I only take three. I’ll get bored easily if I take five of them.”

“Okay, sure. Can I have your member card?”

Jihoon puts his back on the desk. He rummages through his bag, looking for card. When he found the green card, he gives it to Junghan. Junghan scans the card and types something to his computer. Once a beep sound came from the computer, he gives the books to Jihoon, “there you go. Make sure to turn them back in two weeks.”

“Sure,” Jihoon nods. He turns around with the books on his hand. But his eyes catch someone beside the big window, looks glowing because of the sun shines to him. Isn’t he that bookworm in the coffee shop? He turns back to Junghan, “do you possibly know who that boy is?”

“Who?” Junghan scratches his cheek.

Jihoon points at the boy by the window, “that one.”

“Ah,” Junghan nods a few times. “He is new in town. Seungcheol brought him here a few days ago because he said that boy needed some books for his papers.”

Jihoon bites his lower lip, thinking about should he approach him or not. He looks at his watch; it’s still an hour away from his time to go to work. He looks at Junghan, “thank you for the book, Hyung.”

Junghan smiles widely, “sure, you’re welcome.” He turns his head to the computer screen and the pile of books again after that.

Jihoon walks to the bookworm boy with his books. He stops a few steps away from the boy, tilting his head to look at the boy’s expression. He is so serious with a pen on his hand and blank paper on the table. Jihoon can’t help but smile as he walks closer, “can I sit here?”

The boy looks up to Jihoon with both of his eyebrows raised in confusion.

“Can’t I?” Jihoon feels chickened out a bit,

“Ah, you can.”

That husky voice again. Oh my God.

“Sit wherever you want,” the boy points at the chair next to him with his pen.

With book covering his face – yes, his cheeks are turning pink again, Jihoon takes the chair next to him. He puts the books on the table, trying to put his mind on his new book. He reads the first page. As he goes to the third paragraph, he feels someone watching him. Slowly, he turns his head to his right.

“Err- I’m sorry, I thought I saw you somewhere,” the boy next to him scratches his nose.

Jihoon bites the inner part of his cheek, “yes. I’m the cashier in the coffee shop downtown.”

The boy nods, “the one that hits his friend?”

Jihoon grits his teeth, holding back the need to laugh and shout at the boy for remembering that kind of event, “yes, that one.”

“Jihoon, right?”

“What?” Jihoon has his attention full for that boy. “How did you know?”

A chuckle fills Jihoon’s ears before his opponent explains something about nametag.

“Well, yes, I’m Jihoon,” hesitantly he looks at the boy’s eyes, “what’s your name?”

“Wonwoo, I’m Wonwoo,” he smiles. “It’s nice to meet you outside the coffee shop. You look better without your uniform.”

Jihoon swears he never blush a lot like today. It’s actually strange for him to get a compliment from a new acquaintance but this time his body is so against his brain. He can even feel heat all over his body, somewhere between embarrassed and happy hearing the short compliment. Is that even a compliment?

“Anyway, are you new there?” Wonwoo asks.

Jihoon shakes his head, “I was hospitalized when you were coming to the coffee shop for the first time. And since you’re new in town and the very first time you came I wasn’t there, you may think I’m new.”

Wonwoo furrows his eyebrows, “how do you know I’m new in town?”

Another shade of pink comes across Jihoon’s cheeks, this time because of his stupidity. Man, I need to stop blabbering, “I’m sorry, I… I asked my friends about you.”

“Whoa.”

Jihoon shakes his head, fiddling with his fingers, “I’m sorry.”

Wonwoo shrugs, “well, next time you want to know about someone – or a stranger – you should come to him and ask him directly. What were you doing to me is creepy, to be honest.”

Jihoon bites his lower lip. Quietly, he glances to Wonwoo. Earlier, Wonwoo had his eyes on Jihoon, talking to him without having any intention to leave the conversation. But now that boy is looking down at his paper again, writing something. Did I offend him? “I’m sorry, I’m really sorry.”

“It’s okay,” Wonwoo mumbles as he keeps writing.

Jihoon takes his books and gets up from his seat. “I’m sorry if my first impression is . I just want to be friends with you, you know.”

Wonwoo doesn’t move an inch to see Jihoon. He keeps writing whatever on his paper, making Jihoon feels helpless. Jihoon turns around, walking away from the possibly-disappointed Wonwoo, mumbling ‘I hope I can talk to you again’.

***

“You’re leaving?” Junghan looks up from his computer as he sees Jihoon walks pass him.

Jihoon nods. His face looks unhappy, “I’ll go to work.”

Junghan checks the time in the corner of his computer screen, “this early?”

Jihoon nods again, “I have something to do with Mingyu. I hope you don’t mind.”

“Well,” Junghan tucks his hair behind his ear, “if it makes you feel better.”

“Thank you, Hyung, I’ll talk to you later.” And Jihoon drags his feet to leave the library.


A little note :

Thank you for the cute comments. I love you. Please love WonHoon - and Seventeen - too. And I'm sorry if the story is boring or if there's any mistakes here and I take too much time to update. Please enjoy the story. I love you.