Title B: The Beginnings

The Ones Who Guide us

   Kim Namjoon stood stock still before the looming glass doors that seperated him and his lifelong dream. Chewing absentmindely on his bottom lip, the male tightened his grasp on the small flash drive that held each and every of his creations, barely feeling the heat as the humidity of the day sent sweat sliding down the back of his neck. 

   Namjoon had been anticipating this day ever since he began composing songs, or well, in his case, rap mixtapes, and yet now as he stood before his future, he felt thay shred of doubt within himself. Would they not like his way of expression? The way his mind worked when creating and weaving the words along with fast paced rhythm? Taking a deep breath, Namjoon reached for the door, and opened it, eyes closed as the gust of cool air conditioner hit his face, and stepped into the building.

□▪□▪□▪□▪□▪□▪□▪□▪□▪□▪□▪□▪□▪□▪□▪□▪□▪□

(A few hours later)

   Kim Namjoon stood, head turned to the muddy, rain soaked ground below him, barely feeling the cold, wet drops of rain as they fell upon his now feverish skin. He barely felt anything as his hot tears of frustration and anger not at the company, but at himself, mixed with the icy drops as they slid down his cheeks.

   In his right fist, Namjoon held the item that had contained what should have been his key to success, what should have gotten him the credit he deserved as an artist, yet here he was, standing in the pouring rain, the same old boy he had always been. He had never dreamed of his creations being rejected, had never known the word rejection at all. Namjoon was a male who was born and raised always getting what he wanted, yet he hadnt turned out so bad. Blinking the tears and rain that clouded his vision, Namjoon raised his closed hand to his eye level, watching as his fingers slowly uncurled, revealing the familiar shiny casing that made up his flash drive.

   Feeling a sudden burst of anger, Namjoon screwed his eyes shut tightly, and threw the flash drive that held hundreds if not maybe a thousand of his works in composing to the wet ground below, flinching a bit as his inner subconcious realized what he had done when he heard the crack of plastic snapping and the wet plop of the delicate device falling into the puddles below. Instantly, Namjoon felt regret, and opened his eyes, only to find another person crouched before him, umbrella clasped in one hand while the other was feverishly trying to save the flash drive which was now in multiple pieces, slowly being carried down the path of the little puddles of water as they drained away with the natural curve of the sidewalk.

   Namjoon could do nothing but watch, eyes wide as the male who was crouched and trying in vain to save the shattered device stood, Huffing a bit before turning to face him, his warm brown eyes triggering a sudden memory within Namjoon's mind.

 Kim Namjoon stepped into the welcoming yet intimidating coolness of the entertainment studio. Pausing a bit as he steadied his fast paced heart, he swallowed harshly and then made his way towards the welcoming counter which stood near the entrance. A sudden commotion to his right caught his attention, and Namjoon turned, eyes locking onto the back of a broad shouldered male who walked off quickly down the hallway, his black suit shining brightly as the studio lights caught the fabric. For some reason, his attention remained caught on the male, even after he dissapeared into a room.

   "Ahem...uh, may I help you sir?" Chirped a high pitched, yet not quite feminine voice. Startled from his trance, Namjoon turned to see a clearly dyed redhead who wore circle lens glasses staring at him expectantly, a bit of a smile upon his gentle looking face. Feeling a bit embarassed, Namjoon looked away, eyes instead turning to focus on the nameplate proudly displayed on the reception counter stating the name 'Park Jimin'. Clearing his throat a bit, Namjoon opened his mouth to speak.

   "Uhm...I'm Kim..Kim Namjoon, uh..I'm here for...for th--"

   "Oh!! Mr.Kim! I was told to expect you, though I had no idea you would be so tall!" The redhead now deemed Jimin beamed, his eyes curling to adorable crescents that even Namjoon had to admit were cute. Namjoon opened his mouth to respond again when a sudden snort was heard, and he turned to spot a short, mint hair dyed figure with shades covering his eyes and a few chains about his thin neck standing a few feet away, seemingly staring at Jimin's now reddening cheeks.

   "Y...Yah Suga Hyung! Go away!" Jimin suddenly called out, frantically waving his hands in a 'go away' gesture to the mint haired male, and suddenly Namjoon's eyes widened. Did he just say Suga? As in Min Suga? As in one of his role models?

   The mint haired rapper just grunted before turning away and stalking off, his pale head held high as he dissapeared down the hallway. Namjoon just stood there, jaw dropped a bit until Jimin once again cleared his throat to catch his attention.

   "Uh, well...Mr.Kim? Mr.Kim?? MR.KIM!" The redhead cried, snapping his fingers in front of Namjoon's staring eyes. Snapping from his trance, Namjoon realized what he was doing and noticed the hint of a blush that remained on Jimin's face from their encounter with Suga.

   "Oh...where were we, oh yeah. You have a meeting in around 10 minutes, though being as an alternative as he is, I'm sure that Jin is already in the conference room as well as the CEO, so here, just take this room number, C-53, and go down the right hallway and go into the room. Best of luck to you!" Jimin exclaimed, pressing a slip of paper into Namjoon's hands and pointing down the hallway he needed to go to. As Namjoon turned to walk away after thanking Jimin, he heard the other make a small sound.

   "Oh, by the way, that really was Min Suga, that famous rapper" He called, sending Namjoon a smirk as he returned to his work.

   Standing before the door, Namjoon had steeled himself for the worst, and in a moment of absolute strength, had taken the doorknob and turned it, gently pushing the door open to reveal to men standing facing each other and speaking rather quietly. To his surprise, the man who he saw earlier with wide shoulders was standing with his back to him.

   "Uhm, excuse me.." Namjoon spoke, tenetively staring a bit down at his shoes. 

   "Ah, you must be the aspiring rapper, Kim Namjoon" a pleasant voice filled his head, and the young male looked up, only to become entranced in the warm brown orbs staring back at him, accompanied by the gentle smile that adorned those full, pinkish lips.

   Those same brown irises were looking to him now, only they were filled with concern and worry as the umbrella was feverishly opened and flung above his head, shielding the younger from the rain which fell so heavily from the sky. 

   "Uhm. Mr.Kim, why are you still here? It's complete downpour and it's freezing out here, you will surely catch a cold!" The man, who Namjoon had learned was named Jin, cried, lifting a hand and placing it gently to the younger's feverish forhead.

   "Oh my, you are burning up. Mr. Kim, you need to go home and get well, come on, where do you live?" Namjoon at this point, found himself only able to focus on the pretty, full and pinkish lips that seemed to be dancing as the male spoke, each syllable causing his lips to move even more gracefully than they had before. Feeling himself shuffle forwards a step, the male suddenly lost conciousness, falling as the fever consumed his body, only barely being caught in the tight grip of the thinner, yet just as strong male who caught his falling form. Feeling himself slip away for the moment, Namjoon fell to his subconcious, feeling every ounce of pain and sorrow of rejection he had just faced, yet for some reason, feeling comfortable in the embrace of a man he had just met only hours before.

□▪□▪□▪□▪□▪□▪□▪□▪□▪□▪□▪□▪□▪□▪□▪□▪□▪□

Author's note

   Hello anyone who reads this, I hope this is turning out okay, and yes...I introduced both Jin and Namjoon as well as Jimin and Suga in this chapter, I feel so successful :) anyway, thanks for reading, and please tell me if this is okay so far!!! Thanks again, and sorry if the titles are confusing, and if the whole story is confusing, I know it'll make sense with the next few updates, so please be ready for a crap ton of sadness!! Thanks!!