His Birthday His End...

I Can't

Hey why didn’t you pick up? Where are you? There is something I want to tell you and well.. I kind of need your help too bro, are you still at the company? Haha man can you hear me? It’s something really good; call me as soon as you got this message okay.

And it ended with a bip sound. He sounds so happy, what was it he wanted to tell? What was so good that make him so happy? Jiyong can’t tell since the only man who knows it just crying beside him, not even looking at  him when he tries to look for an answer. Why is he crying when his best friend sounds so happy? Is something bad happened to him? What what is it? He is so confuse.

“Hyung, please tell me why are you crying? Is your girlfriend dumped you?” Jiyong asking, since that the only thing he can think of right now. “I just heard Youngbae was so happy but why are you crying like that?” he continued innocently.

“Youngbae..”

“Yes, he sounds so happy like a birthday girl.”

“He is.. he..”

Jiyong runs as fast as he can, pushing people away from his way didn’t care how many people falls because of it. He can’t even think what is right and wrong anymore, the only thing he can think of is Youngbae, his best friend, his brother. “Where is it?” he screams frustrated can’t find the right way when he feels a hand grabs him and guide him out from the bundle of people till he can see his friends sitting in front of the operating room, their heads hanging low looking deep to the floor that when he notice no one in front him. He can’t care much and run faster.

YG is the first person to approach him. “Jiyong-ah..” he looks at him worriedly when he saw Top’s face behind him.

“I don’t need your sorry, how is the operation going?” Jiyong said coldly, looking at where Youngbae’s family sitting quietly, he can see his mother crying silently on his father’s chest. “Hyung?” he turned to YG, to his surprise he can’t even talk to him and just looking at him with a sad face. He never saw that face before, not even when his wife gave a birth to his child before.

“I don’t know Jiyong-ah, please forgive me.” He said with a broken voice, looking down to the floor.

“I SAID I DON’T NEED YOUR SORRY, just please… please tell me he is okay.”

“I wish I can say that too.” YG said and explained everything to him.

It was a car accident between his car and a construction truck, the truck driver is drunk and didn’t saw the red light, that’s when Youngbae’s car passing and the truck hit his car straight where he is driving. His car is dragged for 5 meters before the truck stopped and his car rolling away. Just hearing his explanation Jiyong can imagine how bad it was.

 “It takes 2 hours to get him out from the car.” He said looking at him with teary eyes. “I can’t even tell his condition when he arrived Jiyong.”

Jiyong looks at him in terror, for the first time in his life he saw that man cryin in front of him, he falls to the floor. “And what am I doing? I’m just laughing like a fool when it happens.” He murmured to himself. “But hyung he was so happy, it’s all just a joke right? Please stop it, it’s not funny hyung.” He pleads to his hyung, begging to the crying man.

“I’m sorry.” He just say that.

2 hours passed, he is still in the operating room. Even its three in the morning, the amount of people keep increasing there, the entire member has arrived, Hyo rin can be seen hugging Youngbaes’s mom while she is crying from the first time she arrived. Holding a small box covered blood in her shaky hand, holding it tightly as if it would run from her any minutes -the medic said Youngbae holding it in his hand when they tried to rescuing him.

It was couple ring with their initials carved on it, his mom said he is going to propose to Hyorin on his birthday and likely to discuss the plan with Jiyong first, his mom said he was so happy the day he told her about that. He even has met Hyorin parents asking for their daughter the day before, he is indeed a gentleman as always and just the thought of it makes Hyo rin in tears again and again.

Thankfully he passed the operation even though he is in comatose state and that means for 24 hours he still in danger. Jiyong can’t even say a thing when he see him from afar, watching the guy laying on the bad with a lot of cable attached his body, Jiyong just froze on his feet not daring to move as if he will lose him if he did. Youngbae ;his face is full of scar and bruise, makes him almost didn’t recognizing the guy, his right leg hanging in the air with a cast on while the other one is laying on the bad with cast from his ankle to his thigh. He won’t like it is what Jiyong thought the first time he saw it. He walks slowly to the bed and sat on the chair beside. Looking at him, slowly tearing up but he holds it.

“Whatever you’re doing there, please don’t give up Youngbae.” is the only thing he say.

He is standing in front of him wearing all white clothes like an angel except there are no wings on his back and a halo above his head. His face shinning bright like he never saw before, so handsome but somehow looks so sad and pale. He is looking straight into him with his sad little eyes and it look so sad makes the other man in tears unconsciously.

“Jiyong-ah.” He called his name with a really gentle voice he had, the voice that will makes a whole stadium screaming his name. His eyes never leave his best friend -still looking at him straight with those sad eyes. “Let me go.” And he awake looking at his surroundings, he still at the waiting room but strangely it looks so quiet and the people around him seems so distant. He runs to the caring room instantly aware of what is the meaning of peoples nature and the dream he just get, he is in the panic mode when a hand grab him.

“What?” he said almost shouting to whoever it was, when he notice a familiar scent hit him he turn around to see her there.

Chearin is standing before him. “He is in the operation room oppa.” She said quietly while looking at the ground and Jiyong falls to the ground again, thinking back about the dream he cried. “Why are you crying oppa?” she asks -barely not to crying herself.

The others come to him and try to calm him but he can’t hear anyone anything, he just stay there covering his face to reduce his cry. Just when the operation door opened he stands and runs almost instantly to his friend so the others, they rushed to the man but the nurses didn’t stop pushing his bed and just leaving the doctor there.

The doctor explaining his condition openly saying that Youngbae’s condition is not really good since his heart didn’t seems to pumping well and his blood pressure keeps decreasing from its normal.  Doctor said that it’s all up to his life spirit now weather he is survives or not. “He is in a great pain right now.” And he leaves with a sorry look on his face.

Youngbae’s mom in a huge breakdown after hearing that, she almost falls if not for his husband to support her. And Jiyong can only look at them in distant didn’t know what to do when he feels someone hugs him from behind, she is sobbing on his back. “Chaerin please wake me up from this bad dream.” He said almost begging as tears falling from his now red eyes.

 

“Youngbae-ah it’s me.” Mr. Dong is looking at his son long before continuing. “You rascal, look what you did to all those people outside there.” He laughs dryly and sighed, covering his eyes to prevent tears to come out.

“I’m you father, I won’t cry in front of you little rascal.” He sighed again and that time Jiyong come in when he said. “I just want you to know that… that it’s fine if you want to stop…”

“No, it’s not!” Jiyong cut him off before he can finish his words, he walks to him angrily. “Ajissi…” he looks at him unbelievable, tears falls.

Mr. Dong turns to him. “Jiyong-ah.”

“What? No, it’s not okay for me.” He wipes his tears. “I won’t let go, never! You hear that Youngbae!!” he shouts at the man who lying unconsciously on the bed when his heart monitor beeping loudly as his heart rate increasing. Soon the doctors coming in and the nurses ushered the other two men who just got their bloods drained from their faces.

They see the doctors rushed here and there trying to help him out of the bad condition, they can see Youngbae spitting blood from his mouth and that makes the blood more drained from the two faces watching outside the glass window.

“Ajussi…” Jiyong is trying to searching for a hold, looking at his best friend dad pleading for help and Mr. Dong held his arms immediately, squeeze it gently assuring him it will be okay.

At least that’s what they want to believe.

 

Jiyong is standing in the altar with Youngbae standing beside him in front of a priest desk. He dressed up in a black and white tuxedo wearing his signature eyes smile on looking at the big church door where his bride will walk down the easel with her dad who will gave his daughter hands for him to take. He looks so happy and so Jiyong, watching his best friend standing at the altar all dashing waiting for his bride.

Jiyong walks to him and fix his tie.

”Thanks man.” Youngbae smiles at him.

Jiyong squeeze Youngbae’s shoulder gently. “Relax buddy.” He said, straightened his tux and pats his muscular chest. “No one will steal your bride.” He said jokingly.

Youngbae punch his best friend’s shoulder lightly and laughing with him. “I’m afraid you will.” He jokes back.

Jiyong just roll his eyes at his best friend joke before turns his sight to watching his surroundings, it was so bright and everyone wearing white dress code except for the groom; makes him looks stands out. The church is covered in white lilies which are strange for a wedding ceremony to use such a flower, that makes Jiyong furrowed but he still so happy for his best friend and then a weirder thing comes out. Boss; his long deceased dog is sits peacefully besides Hyunbae’s feet, watching at his master carefully.

Jiyong turns to face him again, carefully watching his best friend and when he turns to him he saw a single lily at his friend tux. He sure he didn’t saw it before; he smiled at Jiyong –the same smile he gave before.

“Goodbye Jiyong-ah.” He said and the door opened, Hyo rin walking down the easel with her hand in his father, she was so beautiful dressed in a white mermaid dress that fits her so well, he can saw him smiling from ear to ear.

Jiyong’s attention soon turns to the braid as the song played; the song that Youngbae has been working on for mounts. It’s impressively good and sounds so sincere, Jiyong can understand that because he has been working on that day and night. From afar he can saw her crying behind her veil, why? Jiyong ask to himself that when the song ended and that when he hear his best friend whispering to him.

“Tell her to forget me and please take care of yourself, you look like these days.”

And he felt someone shook him, he opened his eyes wide and he is still at the waiting room with the others.

 

Wednesday, 18 March 2016, rain pouring Seoul city as the sky peach black with the heavy clouds covering the sun above as peoples standing making crowding at a place under the protection of their black shelter. The atmosphere is dull and monochrome as if it was in an old movie; the people monotonously wearing all black and white outfits as if there wasn’t any other color exist.

But one person stands out from the others even in the same black-white outfit, he standing a little too far away from the rest of the people, with nothing to protect him from the rain, soaked wet holding a present on his right hand. That person is seems so far away from where he is standing right now, raising his head to the sky looking for something that should be there in the day to light the world.

He smiles sarcastically towards the sky as a tears rolling down his cheeks and soon washed by the rain. He sighed loudly, “You are such an egoistic bastard, Youngbae.” That’s all he can say before throwing the present he’d been holding to the ground.

Everything is so different from his dream, the only similarity is the lilies covered a black marble that laying peacefully on the ground. How he wish his dream is the reality and this all just a bad dream waiting him to wake up and stops this cruel thing.

 

Note:

Sorry, for this not worthed story... there would be an epilogue tho..

And thank you for reading :* :*