Chapter 3

Young Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Happy birthday Kim Taeyeon! ♥ My little baby girl who has done nothing but protect her girls from everything. You deserve so much more than the hate you're getting... you deserve to be loved & treasured like how the girls treasure you. I love you so much, Taengoo. 

 

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

Soojung walked along the hallways with her books tightly pressed to her chest, she felt so lost and lonely without Yuri or her sister around her. She was merely a freshman in the university but everyone seemed to be so busy with their own friends or studies. It was a vast difference between those who were seniors and freshmen or sophomores. She was 19 years old already but she still felt so alone when Yuri wasn’t around to walk with her.

“Jung Soojung!”

Speak of the devil.

“Kwon Yuri! You promised me to accompany me to school!” Soojung walked up to Yuri and slapped her chest, pouting at her best friend. “Aigoo… I’m sorry, Princess. I had gym before this so I had to come earlier.” Yuri pouted and held onto Soojung’s hand, making her puppy eyes at the freshman. Krystal hid her smile and flipped her hair, “I’ll forgive you today but you have to come over for dinner later.”

Yuri grinned at Soojung’s answer; she would gladly go over to the Jungs’ house for dinner if it meant spending more time with her. Yet, she couldn’t help but feel insecure, as she knew Soojung would be meeting new people pretty soon; there was a possibility that their friendship would be strained as a result. Sooyeon, who now went by Jessica, also warned her about drifting from her sister but how could Yuri do anything about it now?

People stared as Yuri and Krystal walked along the hallways, greeting Yuri explosively while they waved at Krystal unsurely. “Ignore them.” Yuri said when she felt Krystal’s grip tighten on her hand. Yuri, however, could feel someone’s eyes boring into her back and she didn’t know if she wanted to find out just yet. “Soojung-ah…” Yuri tugged on Krystal’s uniform meekly, “What?” Yuri stopped walking all of a sudden, “Is someone staring at me?” Krystal looked around and saw a familiar face glaring at Yuri from the back, she couldn't put her finger on it though. 

“Isn’t that Myungsoo?”

“WHO?!” Yuri bellowed, she hated that name.

The first time Soojung brought that name up, it already made Yuri slightly jealous but she realized how ridiculous it was since they were nothing but best friends. “That idiot who sat next to me a few years ago.” Krystal rolled her eyes and pulled Yuri with her, ignoring the pained look on Myungsoo’s face when she acted like she didn’t know him. Yuri smiled a little at Krystal’s actions; she never felt this triumphant when her team won during competitions.

Krystal felt her heart beating a little quicker than usual when she saw Yuri grin to herself, since when did Yuri give off such an aura? She realized how difficult it was when Yuri graduated from their high school but now that Yuri was with her again, she felt so…. secure. “Do you know him well, Yul?” Yuri shook her head and waved her hands, “why would I?” Yuri smiled nervously.

The morning had gone by just fine but being a little forgetful, Krystal did forget that Yuri wasn’t a freshman and she wouldn’t be in the same class as her. As she stepped into her new class, she could feel the eyes of many on her. It must have been because Yuri was with her this morning. Maybe Yuri didn’t know the effect  of her being with Krystal but Krystal was already having a bad feeling about her being in a new class.

“That’s the girl who was with Yuri-unnie today…”

“I wonder how Sunbae knows her…”

“Whatever, she’s the rich one anyway. Who starts school in the middle of the term just because she was in America?”

Krystal couldn’t resist rolling her eyes at all their comments but she remembered how Yuri advised to keep her emotions in check. Yuri was a victim when she first entered university because she couldn’t hold back her words. She didn’t care much about what would happen to her but she knew Yuri would be more than disappointed in her for not listening and Yuri always had her best interests at heart.

 

“It’s barely been an hour and you’re already talking about the new girl, Rachel Yoo?”

“What’s it to you, Myungsoo?”

 

Kim Myungsoo?

It really was the same guy she met during middle school and here he was in her class. Krystal’s eyes widened when she felt butterflies in her stomach as she thought about him. She was so afraid of him but she really enjoyed his company in the past; Yuri wasn’t always around for her since she had her own studies as well but Myungsoo was around. He was her partner for their projects and in dance class too.

“Hey… Ignore them, okay?” Krystal turned around and saw Myungsoo standing behind her, a soft smile still plastered on his face. “Uh… Yeah, thanks.” Krystal briefly replied before she continued to unpack her bag. Myungsoo pouted a little when Krystal didn’t say anything else to him, he had a really huge crush ever sine they met in high school and probably still has one.

The mini ice princess was about to lie on the table when her phone vibrated violently.

 

[Yuri ] 

Yah! Is everything okay, you little brat? 

 

[Yuri ]

Ah.. Why aren't you replying me? 

 

'Did she just call me a brat? Kwon Yuri, you're dead.' Soojung gritted her teeth at her best friend. She hated people calling her a spoilt brat and if anything, Yuri probably knew it best since Soojung hit her many times for giving her that title.

 

[Soojungie ]

Who are you calling little brat? I AM NOT A BRAT.

 

At the back of her mind, Soojung knew that Yuri would give in anyway. She couldn’t think of one time where Yuri didn’t give in to her. She secretly liked it but for a person with as much pride as Jung Soojung, there wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter