Chapter 1

Young Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“YUWEE UNNIE!!!”

A young girl with two front teeth missing, her hair in two ponytails was running all over the playground. She shouted for her friend who she met at the playground every evening. 

“SHOOJUNG!”

Another young girl wearing a cap and baseball jersey came running towards the girl with two front teeth missing. 

These two girls, Kwon Yuri and Jung Soojung met at the playground every evening to have fun and spend time together. Yuri was only 5 while Soojung was 3 and a half. More often than not, Yuri's younger sister, Yoona and Soojung's elder sister, Sooyeon would play with them. Okay well, Sooyeon was forced to go most of the time just so she could keep an eye on Soojung.

“SHIKAA!” Yuri screamed as well, hugging the two sisters tightly. 

“Unnie......” Yuri turned around, only to find her sister ready to burst into tears. Yoona was left behind as Yuri ran off to join her friends, forgetting her poor sister. 

Yuri had two sisters, one older and one younger. The older one was Kwon Miyoung but she rarely came out to play, preferring to stay indoors with a good storybook. Sooyeon often wondered why Miyoung stayed indoors but she looked forward to heading to the Kwon's for tea break since she would get to see the black-haired girl.

“Sorry, Yoongie! Come on!” Yuri held hands with Yoona and went back to Sooyeon and Soojung. 

Days passed like that, meeting at the playground every evening. Yuri and Soojung always counted down to the minute they could step out of the house to see each other. If it was raining and they couldn't go out, Soojung would always end up crying while Yuri would sulk all night until Yoona played with her. 

“Yuri-ah! Come and have your dinner, sweetie!”

“Umma..... I miss Soojung....” Yuri's eyes were filled with tears. She hadn't seen Soojung since the Jung Family had gone away to America for a holiday. 

Umma Kwon picked up her daughter and wiped away her tears, cooing at the girl's adorable actions. Yoona, on the other hand just focused on her food while Miyoung watched her younger sister in slight amusement.

“Don't cry, sweetheart. Soojung will be coming back soon, okay? Shhh.... You'll see her soon.” Umma Kwon rocked Yuri in her arms until she felt the girl stop crying.

“Rweally, Umma?” Yuri's innocent expression could make the days of many, her hopeful eyes and excited grin could make everyone drop to their knees. 

Umma Kwon nodded and continued to pacify her second daughter. Yuri wasn't one to cry so easily especially since she was the toughest one between Miyoung, Yoona and herself. It was only when Soojung was involved, Yuri's tears were like a waterfall, falling as and when they liked. 

“Yes, darling. Wash your face and sit down, all right?” Umma Kwon instructed, letting her little prince run to the kitchen. 

Kwon BoA was a very open-minded and reasonable woman. From the way Yuri behaved and acted, she was ready to accept he fact that Yuri might be biual or lesbian even when she grew up. Love knows no boundaries and BoA herself knew that exceptionally well. 

“KWON YOONA!!! WHY ARE YOU EATING NOW?!”

That was her beloved wife's voice. Right. BoA was married to a woman, not a man so she could most definitely understand that love doesn’t require any specific gender. 

“I'M HUNGRY, MOMMY!” Yoona shouted back, pouting as she gobbled up her jjajangmyun. 

BoA was married to Lee Hyori and the latter took on her surname since BoA was considered the male in the relationship. It wasn't like she had any issue with it though; she loved protecting her family.

“YOUR UNNIE AND I AREN'T EVEN THERE YET!”

“SO?!” 

BoA was laughing so hard at her wife's and youngest daughter's cute argument. It happened almost every mealtime since Yoona, the impatient little shikshin would never wait for her family to sit down before she started eating. 

“Calm down, Honey. Yoona's still young..... Look, Miyoungie and Yuri are already eating...” BoA cupped Hyori's cheeks and rubbed the frown lines away, kissing her wife's cheek. 

Hyori smiled and wrapped her arms around BoA's neck, pressing their lips together for a bit. The couple was thankful that their three princesses knew how to give their parents some privacy when required. 

 

 

---

 

 

In San Francisco, the other little girl wasn't doing very well either. No matter how hard Sooyeon tried to coax Soojung into playing with her, the younger one always refused and kept to herself. 

“Mommy, Soojung's ignoring me again…”  Sooyeon whined, tugging at her mother's sleeves. 

As the elder sibling in the family, Sooyeon knew that Soojung couldn't go on behaving like that forever. She knew how big Yuri's impact was on her younger sister. Soojung's first friend was probably Yuri, followed by Yoona since the girl often kept to herself instead of interacting with other kids. 

“Sooyeon-ah, give Soojung some time to adapt. Yuri's probably not having an easy time too, considering how much time these two spend together...” 

“But Umma, Soojung doesn't look pretty when she's sad…” Sooyeon whined. 

If there were any more coincidences between the Kwons and Jungs, it was that the kids had parents that were married to the same gender. 

Wendy Jung and Song Minah. 

“Sometimes, it's good to let you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter