The Oldest Child, Lee Minseok

Aeri and Her Twelve Brothers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minseok never liked the idea of having siblings, ever. He wanted all the attention to himself, and only to him. Minseok and the twins are only a year apart, so it wasn't really a problem for him. But Junmyeon came and people started to like the three more than him. He hated it, he hated all his siblings. Then another and another and another. Every year, he had a new sibling or siblings. 

He felt his parents grow distant towards him and took care his brothers more than him. They would fight here and there. They were annoying, he thinks. When his parents would leave and tells him to take care of his siblings, he would ignore them by the time they leave. He thought the quadroplets would be the last, but boy he was wrong. 

Minseok remembered crying when his mother told him she was pregnant the fourth time. She was taken aback alongside her husband. Minseok was only three and he already have four brothers    including the baby in his mother's womb. His father took the toddler in his arms and went outside their house. He sat on the couch in the porch with a crying Minseok on his lap. "Seokkie, can you tell appa why are you crying?" he asked, wiping his son's tears with his thumb. 

"Y-you d-don't lowe Seokkie a-anym-mowe," he sobs. 

"Oh, Minseok. Umma and appa will always love you and your brothers," Minseok's father embraces him. "Don't you ever think in that way." 

He whispered comforting words to his eldest as the toddler cried on his father's chest. Minseok's father never thought Minseok felt this way. The eldest was always smiling along his siblings that they thought he was okay. Maybe because they were neglecting him, he thought. They never had the time to take care of Minseok since the twins came. His parents were there to help them assist with the kids. Now he knows how his son feels. 

When Yixing was born, Minseok's father brought him to the nursery where the newborn was sleeping. Minseok is in awe whilse staring at the sleeping in front of him. Sure, he has siblings and saw them when they were babies. But this time was different. So many babies, he tought leaning onto the glass that's separating him from the babies. 

"Appa, whewe is Yiwing?" he asks searching for his brother.

"Yixing," Minseok's father corrects. 

The nurse spots the two of them and recongnized him. Smiling, she went to the bassinet and took the baby in her arms before heading to the window which the two boys were standing. She smiles at them and grab the baby's hand and waves it at the two. Minseok's father smiles and Minseok frowned. "Who's that baby Appa?" 

Instead of answering, Minseok's father beckoned the nurse to go out. And she did. The father took the baby from the nurse and thanked her. He felt someone tugging his shirt and looked down to see Minseok frowning. "Seokkie, meet Yixing," he says, squatting down for Minseok to see. "He looks like a pig." His father guffawed and shook his head. "A pig? Why?"

"Because Seokkie loves pig," he answers in third person. 

The father and son played with Yixing. The latter would sneeze from time to time causing Minseok to giggle at his brother. "Appa, can we take him home?" he pleads. His father shakes his head, no. "We can't Seokkie, Yixing is only allowed to go home if the doctor says so." 

The nurse took Yixing back to the nursery thirty minutes later. Minseok was dejected and told the nurse to take care of his brother cutely. He and his father went back to his mother and bid goodbye before going home. The next day, Minseok was so excited to leave the house. This time, the twins are coming with them. Junmyeon was staying home with his grandparents. 

Minseok sulked throughout the ride. He never liked the twins.

They're loud. Very, very loud. 

Luhan noticed him and spoke. "Hyung, hyung, hyung how doesh Xing-xing wooks?!" Minseok didn't answer and averted his gaze to the side. Luhan pouts at this and hung his head down. Yifan grabs his twin's hand and squeezed it. "I bwet he wooks wike you, Luwhan," he giggles. This made his twin's mood up. The two are inseperable. 

Minseok's father carried

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter