First

Cheese in the Trap - Another Ending(s)

 

“And so…with this stategy…I think Taerang might be able to fix the previous thing in China market….?” She smiled with her eyes twinkling. I just didn’t get it why….She should be able tho think this kind of thing, right? If she’s just like what people said about her….If she’s really smart…

“Ah….My Jung is genius…” she pulled my tie and make my face get closer to hers…

Disgusting…

I’m not interested in such flirt…

“Thanks…” I shrugged her. “So I supposed I confirmed that It’s clear. I’m leaving…” I tried to smile calmly.

“Oh…!” She looked surprised. “You’ll leave this early?”

I bowed politely…but before I left, she grabbed my hand… “Come on Jung….stay for a while… Don’t you want to…” she moved closer to me traced my face with her finger…”come to my mansion…for another wine?”

I grabbed her both hands quickly… “Thanks… I’m leaving.”

“Jung…” she stopped as she put my hands on her chest…

It was her look on my ring finger who made her stop…

“Is it…?”

“Yes…she’s waiting… Thanks for the dinner anyway. “ I bowed politely leaving her stunned. How I wish I didn’t need to meet her.

My phone’s buzzing…

“ Hello. Yeah… Have you got the tickets? Thank you …” I hung up the call.

*** 

I don’t know this city…

I don’t even know why It was me…perhaps because I can speak English quite well…

But…I feel hurt inside…

And curious too.

It might be my fate to be sent here in a formal conference…

Will I see sunbae?

I took a small wooden box from my coat and opened it. I still remember how he handed that to me…saying how sorry he was.  But it was three years ago…in that coffee shop.

I ended up crying like a river…even Bora and Euntaek couldn’t say a word.

I tried to make myself understand…perhaps…it will be a burden for him, to make him finding himself…what he needs is just he himself…

He might take longer time…and even me…it might take me a longer time too…

9.20 pm… fifth avenue… I walked slowly crossing the street I don’t know

*** 

 “Thanks…” I took my coffee and left in a rush… I stopped for a while to have a sip or two. I looked at my watch… 9.20 pm… fifth avenue…

As I walked slowly crossing the street … I stopped in a crowded…  that curly hair I know…

Is it you Seol?

***   

 It was a grand conference from some big company in Asia. Discussing about policies and other thing and marketing strategies we need to be aware.  And yes…I could see her there.

My heart drenched as she introducing herself and became one of the spokesmen in her team…

It’s my Seol…

As she finished with her team, they walked passing me… I don’t know why it hurts…and I feel like I need to work harder to hold myself not to run to her.

As I presenting, Our eyes met… If I looked at her longer, she might be crying, cause I can see her hurtful eyes… but no. She stood still very well.

**** 

I stood up frozen as I run near my car…and finding Seol stood next to it. I tried to catch my breath.

She turned and looked at me.

‘S..Sunbae…” she said.

I managed my breath and walked closer.

“Seol…”

“It has been some time…” She stopped talking as our eyes met.

“Yeah…” I sighed. “ Have you been doing well?”

“ Yeah…thanks…”she said.

“It has been three years…” she continued. “Sunbae you…“she stopped “You really do well, aren’t you?”

I tried to smile.

“I didn’t wait here….I mean…” she looked at me and smile “I just want to see you. That’s all.”

I became so mute just looking at her.

“I came here to give it back  to you…”

“Give it back?” I got puzzled.

She took out a small wooden box I knew. She grabbed my hand slowly and put it in my hands.

“Told ya don’t take it of or lose it… but it ended up coming back to me. Sunbae…It’s yours. Did you forget? “

I could see her teary eyes.

“You need some times to fix your issue…I let you. But it’s unfair when you gave it back to me. Everytime I see it, I miss you more. I don’t want to…”

She bowed to me “ I’m leaving…”

**** 

It was a very busy day on the next day. My friends and I had a small meeting and took care this and that. How I wish we had more time to have at least a small trip. We ended up having a dinner and a glass of wine.

“Are you sure you don’t wanna go clubbing with us?” Young Yi asked.

“I’m tired. We will have early flight tomorrow, unnie…” I replied.

“Just for a whileeee…some shoots perhaps?” Sunbae Lee asked.

“No thanks…”

“Are you sure you are ok we leave you like this?”

“ I will be fine.” I smiled.

AS we waved goodbye, I walked slowly to my hotel. It was a really cold night. It was 10 pm tho. I walked slowly and remembered some moments….when sunbae walked me home. When we met during his internship… He was there when I quarrel with my dad… When he hold my hand… Why did it feel like this? And yesterday… the ring…

A few more steps and I stopped looking at him standing in front of the hotel entrance.

He waved at me. His loving eyes…I miss it so much…

“Sunbae?” I got stunned “Are you looking for me?”

He replied nothing but running  to me…

And my feet…just like they move themselves, they made me run closer to him…

I didn’t want to think…

And the next second…I have been in his embrace…

“Seol….Seol…” he cried painfully… We…shed the tears…

“I’m sorry…I’m so sorry…” he cried… “ I couldn’t stand it anymore… I really miss you…”

My drenched heart exploded… “I miss you muchhh….” I cried louder and I drowned in his hug.

It was a cold night…I don’t care how people looked at us…

*** 

“ You did very well, Jung… even beyond my expectation… You did well in conference today.” My dad closed the report and signed it. He stood up “I am proud of you…”

“Thanks, Dad…” I smiled.

“Ah…since you have been this great and it’s near your birthday…do you have any wish?” he asked. “I will grant your wish” he smiled.

“I want to see her again…” I said without hesitation.

“Jung…”his facial expression changed.

“I really want to see her again…”

He sighed “ I just think you need some more time. She might meet some trouble if she keeps standing with you. Who knows you will find…”

“I don’t want too… And it’s been so hurting me for three years. What makes me fix my issue, stood still and be like the way I am now is because of her. I wanna see her and I feel like…I can love her properly now…” I looked at him straightly in his eyes “That’s all I want”

My dad sighed heavily, but then I could see he smiled… “Do…as you wish…”

I thanked and bowed at him before I went out and run as quickly as possible to find her….

I took a short cut to the parking area just like a kid. I was closer…. but she was there at that time…standing next to my car.

‘S..Sunbae…” she said.

I managed my breath and walked closer.

“Seol…”

“It has been some time…” She stopped talking as our eyes met.

***

“Paris??? Paris? Paris that Paris???” I screamed.

Jung smiled widely and nodded.

“Ah…how would I tell my mom and my dad then? Should I make Bora as an excuse again?”

“Are you that teenager?” Jung asked me playfully.

“I have talked to your parents yesterday…” he turned into serious mode that made me burst n spilled my juice.

“YOU WHAT???”

“It took time…but they finally understand about me…about us…I told you,right…I wanna love you properly….”

“Sunbae…”

“They said okay….welll…under some circumstances…but I can handle it…”

“What?”

“Don’t you wanna hug me or kiss me  in cheek perhaps? Saying how grateful you are?”

“Huh?”

“Are you amazed seeing me doing this? No? You don’t?!”

“aish! What can of guy easily get mad like this…!” I cursed hiding my blushing face.

“Kiss…” he gave me his cheek to kiss.

“Sunbae…”

“What?”

I looked around and gave him a peck of kiss on his cheek. He smiled, but soon turned at me “AH…this isn’t right…”

He moved his face closer to me and….

We kissed….