fin

Library

 

 

 

Wonwoo loves his campus’ library.

Forget the saying that library is only filled with nerds, because Wonwoo is far from one. He is not the type of people who would spend hours sticking their noses to books—playing video games at Mingyu’s place would be a lot better. Instead of studying, he spends hours reading comic books that he bought days before.

Campus’ library is the most peaceful spot for Wonwoo, because only in library he could have some time alone. He has a group of friends, and it’s not like he hates their company. It is always fun to hang out with them. But sometimes, they’re too loud for his liking. He needs some times alone, and luckily they hate library.

Wonwoo closed the fifth comic he had been reading. He stretched his arms as he leaned back his head, resting his stiff body for a bit. He was about to take the next comic when the corner of his eyes caught someone sitting on the other edge of the table.

That was a strange thing. No one has ever sat in a same table as him, no matter how occupied the library is. It was like it had a mark “This is Jeon Wonwoo’s territory. Don’t sit here.", as if he spreads some dark aura.

He looked at the person for a few seconds, and soon he regretted that decision.

It was a girl, and heck, she looked so pretty. She was focusing so hard on whatever she was reading to the point that her forehead was wrinkled.

Wonwoo didn’t have guts to take other glance at her, even though he wanted to. He shrugged off his thought about her and read the comic in front of him, secretly enjoying her company.

 

 

 

 

It was getting dark outside. Wonwoo wouldn’t notice if it wasn’t because the girl suddenly slammed her book closed. She took a deep sigh and started ruffling her hair, obviously getting frustrated. It made a small smile appeared on Wonwoo’s face, watching her made him flustered.

Heck, what was that? He likes her? Love at the first sight? No way.

He swifted his eyes back to his comic when the girl abruptly stood up. She walked to a bookshelf right in front of Wonwoo. She tilted her head slightly while her eyes scanned the books on the top of the shelf.

His instinct kicked in. He walked towards her, pretending to look for some books, while in reality the titles made him cringes internally. Everything was about medical and he never found medical books interesting. Wonwoo glanced at her. She had her eyes fixed on a book, on the top of the shelf. He scooted closer slowly.

The girl stood on her tiptoe, and her hand reached the book easily.

Failed. Mission totally failed.

She is quite tall and surely is capable of taking the book by herself, what was Wonwoo thinking? Helping her like those guys in dramas his Mom forced him to watch?

 “Uhm…”

Wonwoo heard the girl cleared . For the first time, their eyes met.

“Were you…going to take this book?”

Man. Her voice sounds so soft and sweet and beautiful. All of a sudden Wonwoo felt so hot. Never had he felt so stupid in his life before. He didn’t even know how to respond.

“Uh…” He rubbed his nape awkwardly. “…no.”

“Oh.” She looked somewhat relieved. “I thought you were reading this. You looked surprised when I took this.”

Shot.

“Actually…” Wonwoo paused, contemplating whether he should tell her or not. It would be so embarrassing. But the girl already tilted her head, waiting for him to go on. “I thought you needed some help.”

Her eyes widened for a few seconds before turning into a pair of crescent moons. She laughed silently. Wonwoo was hoping he could shove his face somewhere so she couldn’t see him.

“That was a very nice of you.” She smiled widely, but it doesn’t looked mocking. It’s genuine. She reached out a hand. “I’m Sooyoung. Park Sooyoung.”

Wonwoo had to stop himself for saying, “A beautiful name for a beautiful person with a beautiful voice.”

Putting a calm appearance on, he took her hand with a tiny smile and shook it slowly, afraid it might wreck if he became too excited.

“Wonwoo. Jeon Wonwoo.”

 

 

 

a/n:

*secretly whispering; sail WonwooxJoy, sail*