Looks

Not about looks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghae was just finishing his shift when he felt his phone vibrating in his pocket. The hotel had been busier than ever, if he received another complaint from a room he would probably explode so he was very happy not to work extra hours that day. His fake smile was starting to fall by the time the last protest came.

With heavy and tired hands, he took the device out, not even bothering to see who it was before picking up.

“Hello?” he sighed, rubbing his eyes and loosening up his tie.

He heard some ruffling on the other line which made him frown before repeating his words with emphasis.

“Donghae-yah, it’s Hyukjae” a slightly quivering voice spoke, and it was all it took to make him wide awake.

“Hey, what’s up?” he tried to sound as casual as ever, but instead it came out a little too serious.

“Sorry I didn’t call earlier, I just- I really liked you and didn’t know what to say and-”

“Yeah, I get it” he cut the other off with a light chuckle. “Though, if you wait so much to talk to me ever again I’ll punch you in the face”

“Really? With those tiny fists? I think they’d fit in my mouth” Hyukjae laughed whole-heartedly, seeming a little more relaxed now.

“Well, I’ve got something that won’t fit in your mouth” he joked in a deep voice before changing to a high-pitched voice “And small hands have a lot of strength!”

“Glad to know you’re kind of a ert, people usually bug me about it” Donghae heard the other sigh. “So how’ve you been?”

The receptionist saw Joohyun coming towards him and turned to his locker to grab anything that was left inside. They had actually accorded to have dinner together at their favorite taco place since it had been a while, so it was no surprise to see that huge smile on her face.

“I’ve been good. Working unfortunately, but I’m going out to eat with a friend now, so…” he smiled at the girl while saying it, earning a weird look from her. “And you?”

“Same. One of my favorite students actually got into a fight today so I’m kind of in a bad mood too. But talking to you right now it’s really refreshing” he could feel the tiredness in the others voice while he spoke, but it actually made him happy to be the one to relieve his stress.

“It’s really sweet of you to actually care that much about your students, if it were me, I would make their lives a living hell” Hyukjae laughed on the other end.

“Well, I actually like teenagers so I don’t mind. And also, that student’s my cousin and he’s staying with me for a while so I don’t think you can call that caring about my students”

“I didn’t know you were a e. You shouldn’t worry, my looks are of a teenager so I’ll make you happy” the receptionist joked, getting his best friend away from him to keep her from listening his conversation at the same time they headed out to their taco night.

“Thank god, when I heard about your age I reconsidered liking you” the other faked a relieved sigh, stealing a chuckle from the shorter guy. “But I have to see you first, maybe you’re lying”

“I’d like that. I mean, show you that you can be a e freely with me”

“Who the hell are you talking to!?” exclaimed horrified the woman by his side.

“Stop scaring that poor lady” laughed the teacher. “I’ll leave you with your friend now, I have to eat too and tomorrow’s a long day” he switched to a softer tone, making Donghae’s insides churn.

“Ok, so talk to you tomorrow?” Donghae tried to hide his disappointment. Even though he wanted to talk to the other for hours, he understood it was a weekday and he had to get up early.

“Yeah, sure” Hyukjae chirped. “Bye, Donghae-yah”

“Sweet dreams, Hyukjae-yah” he pronounced while entering the taco place, picking their usual spot on instinct.

 The receptionist looked across the table to find his friend raising a brow at him paired with a mocking smirk.

“You’re so whipped for that guy” she said, placing her chin over the back of her hand.

“Shut up” he laughed before kicking her shin lightly.

The next day Donghae woke up with a huge smile on his face. It was really early but he didn’t mind because what had awaken him was nothing else than Hyukjae wishing him a good day.

‘Hey, I know it’s early but I wanted to tell you that I really liked talking to you last night. I’ll be kind of busy at work but talk to you later? Have a good day, Donghae-yah’

He couldn’t help but squeal like a schoolgirl at that before getting up and walking towards the kitchen.

Being the spoiled little brat he had always been, Donghae usually made Ryeowook cook for him; but not today. Today he would cook their breakfast and would be al lovey-dovey towards his roommate because he was the reason he had met Lee Hyukjae.

So when the said man entered the kitchen fifteen minutes later, smelling something burnt and freaking out about ‘someone robbing them and cooking in their apartment’, he almost had a heart attack at the sight of his friend cooking in his underwear.

“Am I dead and in heaven?” he asked with a hand over his heart, making the other laugh.

“You really think you would go to heaven if you died?” the receptionist joked.

“Nah, if you are here, this is definitely hell”

“So… guess what? Hyukjae texted me!” Donghae wailed in excitement, ignoring Ryeowook’s counterattack.

Needless to say, the DJ was aware of the past events since the night before his best friend had arrived home with a huge grin across his face while yelling and telling him everything about his conversation with Hyukjae. So,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter