EPILOGUE

MISSION : TO FALL IN LOVE

Jungkook walked into the bar while lighting up his cigarette. He made his way through the crowd and took the usual seat. His phone was buzzing in the pocket but he didn’t bother to pick it up. It must be his caring roommate a.k.a Park Jimin. If he picked up the call,he wouldn’t get any shots tonight,just like two months ago,on that damn day where Jungkook drove his car and sobbed like a fool because of someone. Someone whose name was still echoing on his teribble memory.

Jungkook took a seat and started to taking a shot of beer that had been his escape for these two months. He was about to take another shot before his phone started to buzzing again. Deciding that it was annoying,Jungkook finally picked up the call. He didn’t even bother to see who’s calling him

“Yes,hyung?” Jungkook answered dryly

The voice at the other end of the phone sighed. “You’re drinking again.”

Jungkook chuckled. “Just a glass,okay?”

“Tell me where you are right now. i’ll pick you up before you take your tenth glasses.”

Jungkook laughed. “Hyung,can you not? You better take care of yoongi hyung now. He must be falling asleep in front of the computer again. Go pick him up.”

 “You’re still worried about yoongi hyung even in your drunk state?”
“Hey,I’m not that dru-“

Jungkook didn’t finish his line as he heard a familiar voice next to him. A deep voice that suddenly attached his mind to the memories that he should’ve forgotten.

“Give me a glass of beer,please.” The deep voice’s owner said as he pulled out the chair and sat next to Jungkook who had his head down.

Jungkook stayed still for about 10 minutes. All he heard was “One more glass,please” from the person next to him.

Fifteen minutes had passed and Jungkook still didn’t make any moves. His heart was pounding as he was afraid of something uncertain. And the fear slowly turned into anger as the flashback started to playing on his mind.

“I shouldn’t be the one who’s afraid of him.” Jungkook muttered between the quiet sob.

He slowly lifted his head and threw his gaze beside him only to found the familiar face with eyes closed tight. And all of a sudden,the anger that he’d been carrying with himself for two months,turned into a pain that clutched his heart.

Jungkook kept staring at the familiar face ‘til he felt another buzz from his phone. He glanced at the screen. It’s Jimin,as expected.

“Yes,hyung?” Jungkook answered while kept staring at the person next to him.

“Jungkook-ah,where are you? Don’t take another shot,okay? Listen,I and Yoongi hyung are in the car right now-“

Jungkook cut the older. “I just took a shot,okay?”

“That’s not the point. Don’t get drunk and go home. I can’t take care of you cause we’re looking for Taehyung now.”

Jungkook was taken aback. Jungkook swallowed his saliva “Wh-why are you looking for him?"

“Yoongi hyung received a text from taehyung an hour ago. It looked like Taehyung wanted to kill himself.”

His heart started to beating fast. “But he’s here.”

There was a long pause at the end of the phone. “What do you mean? Taehyung is with you now?”

Jungkook nodded without taking his eyes off from the sleeping Taehyung. “He’s sleeping now. What should-I’ll take him home.”

“Are you sure you can drive?” Jimin sounded worried.

Jungkook nodded. “Please tell yoongi hyung that I’ll take care of Taehyung. I will.”

“Okay,we’ll trust you. Don’t act childish just because of the past,okay? Fix everything that needed to be fixed. I’ll sleep at Yoongi hyung’s apartment tonight.”

Jungkook immediately stood up as soon as he hung up the call. He let out a deep sigh before placing Taehyung’s hand around his shoulder. He slowly dragged Taehyung out of the bar and took him to his apartment. He left the pack of cigarette on purpose.

-------------------------------

Jungkook had been sitting at the corner of his room where Taehyung was asleep for two hours. It’s past midnight now but Jungkook was awake. He took a glance at Taehyung once in a while as he leaned his body on the wall.

Jungkook was about to stand up to leave the room when Taehyung coughed. Their eyes met as Taehyung opened his eyes and threw his gaze around.

Jungkook quickly broke the gaze and looked down. He was afraid that he’d break into another pathetic sob because those eyes showed so many memories that had been haunting him for these two months.

“Why-why are you here?” Taehyung slowly got up and sat on the bed. “Have I died?”

 “Why are you so stupid? Why did you want to kill youself?” Jungkook asked without looking at Taehyung in hope he didn’t sound like he’s worried

“Because I don’t deserve to live anymore.” Taehyung looked down

Jungkook let out an empty laughter. “Who are you to decide whether you’re still worth the life or not?”

“It seemed like God give me the sign.” Taehyung said softly

Jungkook bit his lip. “What sign?”

Taehyung chuckled dryly. “Am I dreaming or is this reality? Guess I’m dreaming because you still haven’t punched me in the face.”

Jungkook wasn’t bothered by Taehyung’s odd answer. “I asked you what sign that you talked about.”

Taehyung shrugged. “That girl left me after everything that I did. She said I was too kind and all. She had no idea that I was the most evil person in the world.”

“Why do you think so?”

Taehyung looked at Jungkook whose face barely could be seen because of the dark room. “You don’t think I am evil after everything that I did to you?”

Jungkook leaned his head on the pale wall. “I don’t know.” He muttered.

Taehyung slowly stood up and made his way toward the younger. And Jungkook didn’t move even an inch as Taehyung sat next to him. There was a long silence as they both sat on the cold floor.

Taehyung leaned his head on the wall. “Don’t hold your anger. I had hurt your pride and I deserve the cursing and-” He paused and sighed. “And you could even spit on me. I wouldn’t put up a fight. You could go get a knife and stab me as much as you want. I wouldn-”

“It’s my heart.” Jungkook muttered as he stared at the ceiling “You hurt my heart,not my pride. And I still have no idea how to fix it.”

Taehyung looked at Jungkook as he felt the ache in his heart. “Don’t be this pathetic,please. Don’t make feel guilty even more.”

“Then don’t.” Jungkook whispered. “Don’t feel guilty. Don’t see me as someone you had hurt. See me as someone you like. Fix me,hyung.”

Taehyung looked down,trying hide the tears. “I can’t fix you cause-“ He swallow his saliva. “Cause I don’t love you.”

“You don’t?” Jungkook took a deep breath. “She called me a month ago with your phone. She asked me to forgive you because you looked like a mess after that night. She said you always brought my name whenever you’re drunk,saying how much you felt sorry and how you had to lie to her,to me,and to yourself about your feeling.” He then muttered. “That’s why I still am a mess after two months,hyung. The condition was just way too complicated.”

“I-“ Taehyung didn’t finish his line as he broke into another sob.

Jungkook had his eyes on the floor. “If you didn’t love me,then why did you choose to kiss me instead of punch me in the face so that I’d get hurt? If you don’t love me,then why are you still here,trying to listen about how I love you instead of running away and jump off the building?” He sighed “Even if you love me just a little bit,I’d still be thankful,hyung. It’d still mean so much to me. I love you even after everything that you did to hurt me. . I really do love you,hyung.”

Taehyung sobbed while let out an empty chuckle. He wiped the tears. “I really don’t know what to do now.”

“Let’s erase the bad memories that we had. Let’s act as if nothing happened. Let’s make a new start.” Jungkook stared at Taehyung. “Fix me,hyung.”

Their faces were so close to each others’ that both of them forgot how to breathe. But both had their hearts were racing. Jungkook slowly reached for Taehyung’s hand which was as cold as ice.

Jungkook opened his mouth to to get some air since his nose didn’t seem to work. But before he could breathe in,Taehyung reached for Jungkook’s face and kiss the younger passionately. When Taehyung was about to break the kiss,Jungkook wouldn’t let go and had the older’s hand on his tight grip,as if he’s too afraid to let go. And they stayed like that for two minutes.

“I-I need to breathe,Jungkook-ah.” Taehyung said as he tried to get some air.

Jungkook finally broke this kiss,but still had his lips touched Taehyung’s thin lips. “Promise me that you wouldn’t run away again.”

Taehyung pursed his lips. “I promise.”

Jungkook stared at the older for a minute before he pulled away his head and leaned it on the wall. His right hand was still holding Taehyung’s left hand tightly.

They both shared a heavy breath and silence. Jungkook rested his head on Taehyung’s shoulder and slowly closed his eyes. “Don’t leave me again,hyung.”

Taehyung stared at the younger and smiled. “I won’t. I promise.”

He leaned his head on the wall and glanced at the clock. It’s 1 am now.

“I’ll fix you,I promise.” Taehyung whispered before he shut his eyes tight

Both of them slept soundly for the first time in 2 months. Both of them fell asleep without having to be haunted by the past for the first time in 2 months.

For the first time in forever,both of them didn’t have to take the pills nor the beers to rest their mind and their soul.

 

THE END