CHAPTER II

MISSION : TO FALL IN LOVE

Jungkook walked down the stairs while brushing his dark hair. The black coat was covering his whole body. He was about to put on the shoes when Jimin approached him with suspicious look.

“Where are you going?” Jimin leaned his body on the door. He glanced at the clock that read 4.45 p.m. “Work?”

“To meet that Kim Tae.” Jungkook replied without looking at the older.

“Ugh,just call him Taehyung.” jimin moved a bit closer to Jungkook “So,What do you think about him?”

Jungkook looked at Jimin. “Who? That Kim Tae?” He put on the other shoe. “He’s weird.”

Jimin rolled his eyes. “That’s why you’re still single at 24. You’re salty as hell.”

Jungkook laughed. “Said someone who’s dating someone saltier  than me.” He reached for the wallet and walked toward the door. “I’ll go now.”

“You’re taking the bus,aren’t you?” Jimin frowned

Jungkook nodded. “Why?

“The umbrella!” Jimin handed Jungkook a blue umbrella. “How could you forget to bring it with you when the rain is falling right in front of you?”

Jungkook just laughed and took the umbrella. “I’ll go now.”

Jimin shook his head,unable to believe how poor his dongsaeng’s memory was. 

-----------------------------

Jungkook walked into the coffee shop and spotted a tall man in blue suit was sitting next to the tranparant window. He took off his coat and approached that man.

“I was stuck in traffic jam.” Jungkook pulled out the chair and sat.

Taehyung nodded. He then fixed his gaze at Jungkook’s body and smiled. “You’re totally a different person with this casual outfit. You look better in this white t-shirt.”

Jungkook turned around and raised his hand. “One americano,please.” He looked at Taehyung who’d been staring at him all this time. “So,what are we gonna do today?”

Taehyung pursed his lips before spoke up. “I need to find out and list your flaws first. I mean,the flaws that make you unable to be in a relationship.”

Jungkook frowned. “But aren’t people supposed to accept their partners’ flaws?”

Taehyung nodded. “Yes,they are. But their partners would also try their best to get rid off those flaws for their partners. There are always two perspectives in a relationship.”

Jungkook nodded. “So,have you found out my flaws?”

Taehyung chuckled. “Been finding it since yesterday. And I am sure there are so many other flaws that I haven’t discovered.” Taehyung took a notebook from his bag and flipped the page. He then read it. “First,you are impatient. You kept glancing at your watch when we were talking. Second,you’re sensitive. You seemed so annoyed when I put the kitten on the table. Third,you’re not an easy going person. You ignored my compliment just now.”

Jungkook pursed his lips. “You seemed like a pro. You even listed them. Cool.”

Taehyung still for a second before broke into quiet laughter. “Fourth,you are a bit bizarre. I literally just told you about your flaws and all you said was it was cool.”

Jungkook shrugged. “Because I admit all of those flaws. So,” Jungkook sipped  the americano. “What’s next?”

Taehyung put the notebook into his bag. “Now,I want to ask you something. Are you sure that you’re not even once attracted to someone? Man? Woman?”

Jungkook paused and stared at the ceiling before shook his head slowly. “No.”

Taehyung nodded. “I want to hear your opinion about others.” He threw his gaze all around the room and fixed his gaze at the pretty woman who’s resting her head on the man next to her. Taehyung looked at Jungkook. “Tell me what do you think about that woman.”

Jungkook frowned. “Who?” He then followed Taehyung’s gaze. There was a minute of silence before Jungkook spoke up. “She’s a .”

Taehyung frowned at Jungkook’s answer and sighed. “Listen,Jungkook. I want you to know that everything has its limit. You could be rude and mean and say anything that’s on your mind. But calling a woman as a just because she wears that kind of outfit was too harsh.”

Jungkook raised his eyebrows. “I didn’t call her because of her outfit.”

Taehyung let out another sigh. “I literally saw you were scanning her from the tip of the toe to head.”

Jungkook laughed sarcastically. “Whoa,here we have the innocent and kind person a.k.a faker who knows nothing. Listen Mr. Kim,I met you to get a help,not to get a literature.” He stood up and reached for his coat. “And please just shut up if you know nothing. I’ll leave now.”

Jungkook paid the bill and left Taehyung who seemed flustered.

------------------------

Jungkook sat on the bench near the cross road while holding a cigarette. He rubbed the back of his neck and shut his eyes tight. It is 4.30 p.m and the road was empty due to the drizzle. Jungkook let his body being soaked as he forgot to bring the umbrella with him again.

He slowly opened his eyes as he didn’t feel the waterdrops anymore. But it was still drizzling. He turned around and found someone was sitting behind him while holding a white umbrella. He narrowed his eyebrows. “You? Why are you here?”

The man in white coat grinned and moved beside Jungkook. “I often sit here.  I don’t know you smoke.”

Jungkook lit up a cigarette and looked away. There was an anger toward Taehyung that he was holding since 2 days ago. So,moved by his instinct,he ignored Taehyung.

Taehyung took a deep breath. He looked at Jungkook who was staring at the empty road. “About 2 days ago,I really am so sorry. I shouldn’t say such thing to you.”

Jungkook stole a glance at Taehyung who’s had his head down now.

“You’re totally right about her.” Taehyung leaned his body on the bench. “It turned out she was cheating on her boyfriend.”

Jungkook chuckled. “Told ya. I am not that mean,you know? Or am I?” He tilted his head,confused by his own statement.

Taehyung pursed his lips. “Anyway,how could you know that she was a-uh..”

“Her boyfriend was my co-worker. That’s why I recognize her.”

Taehyung nodded. He looked at Jungkook again. “So,you forgive me?”

Jungkook frownned and gave Taehyung a judging look. “Don’t put us in awkward situation.”

Taehyung laughed. “I consider it as a yes,then.”

Jungkook lit up another cigarette. Meanwhile Taehyung stared at him for a minute.

“What? You never saw people smoke?” Jungkook asked as he realized Taehyung kept staring at him.

Taehyung gave a tiny smile. “Why do you smoke?”

Jungkook shrugged. “I just want to.”

“Even though it cuts people’s lives?”

Jungkook nodded. “I don’t care. Even if I knew I’d die tomorrow if I smoke,I’d still do it.”

Taehyung frowned. “Why?”

“Everyone dies in the end. Why would I be afraid of the death. People were born to die.” Jungkook announced while staring blankly at the dimming sky.

“But there’s someting between them,right?” Taehyung asked while gazing at Jungkook.

Jungkook looked at Taehyung and slowly shook his head. “No.” He stood up and glanced at his watch. “I’ll go home now. See you tomorrow at 5 p.m at coffee shop.”

Jungkook walked under the drizzle and left Taehyung behind. But his steps were stopped by a “hey!” from someone. He turned around and saw Taehyung was approaching him.

“What?” Jungkook asked blandly

Taehyung handed Jungkook the umbrella. “Take this with you.”

Jungkook didn’t give any responses. Instead,he looked at Taehyung with confused look.

Taehyung sighed. He reached for Jungkook’s hand and made Jungkook holding the umbrella. “At least I am wearing coat. Your shirt is too thin. Return it to me tomorrow,okay?”

Taehyung turned around and left Jungkook who’s still standing while holding the white umbrella in confusion.

A buzz from his phone got Jungkook back to his sense. He unlocked his phone and opened a message from unknown number.

For how long exactly would you stand there? Go home now. It’s already 6.

Jungkook frowned at the message. He threw his gaze around to find who’s watching him. But there was no one around. Jungkook quickly walked away as he realized the lonely road was sending shiver to his spine.

Behind Jungkook,Taehyung was cracking a smile while holding his phone.

 

------------------------

Jungkook woke up to the sound of the alarm. It took him 15 minutes to encourage himself to leave the bed. He walked out of his room and tried to find his roommate. But Jimin was nowhere to be found. Jungkook reached for his phone and turned it on to confirm that it was really Sunday. He remembered how he had to go to the office without brushing his hair because he mistake Saturday as Sunday,thanked to his ugly memory.

But Jungkook’s ugly memory didn’t play with him this time. It’s really Sunday. So,while humming a song by Zion T.,he the TV and enjoyed the sandwich Jimin made this morning(that’s one of the perk having Jimin as your roommate. He always cares). Jungkook was about to switch the channel when the commercial break started. But Jungkook paused as he saw the kitten’s food commercial. His mind suddenly flew to one person,Taehyung.

Jungkook turned around as the door was opened. He chuckled as when saw a life-less Jimin walking like a zombie.

“Geez..I’d never run with Yoongi hyung anymore. He’s fast as hell.” Jimin walked to the kitchen.

Jungkook focused on the commercial break again. “Don’t judge a book by its cover,hyung.”

Jimin sat next to Jungkook while holding a big bottle of water. “Wow,our Jungkookie finally called me hyung. I really need to thank Taehyung for that.” Jimin looked at the TV screen. “Oh! You can buy Taehyung that kitten’s food. He loves cats so much.”

Jungkook frowned. “Why would I buy him that? He’s rich enough to buy it for his cats.”

Jimin frowned back at Jungkook. “Isn’t today the last day of you two’s contract? You said you gave him a month to help you,right? Buy him that kitten’s food as a farewell’s present.”

And it hit Jungkook like a truck. And maybe harder. He couldn’t believe and remember that today would be a month since he met Taehyung.

Jimin snorted. “Why? Are you shocked by how wonderful your ability to remember? I’d been so shocked by it to the point it didn’t shock me anymore when you forgot your own birthday.”

Jungkook didn’t say anything. He unlocked his phone and glanced at the date which confirmed that today was a month since he met Taehyung. He suddenly didn’t feel like wanting to eat anymore.

“I saw how you’ve changed a little bit better. You become more human being. He’s such a pro.” Jimin announced as he stretched his body.

Jungkook stared blankly at the TV. He somehow felt all empty. But he tried to deny the feeling.

-------------------------

Jungkook spotted Taehyung who’s waving his hand excitedly at him. He carried the backpack on his shoulder while walking toward Taehyung’s seat. They’ve promised to meet at fast food restaurant.

“Burger?” Taehyung asked.

Jungkook nodded. He took a deep breath as Taehyung left to get him the burger. He tapped his finger on the table. There was unidentified nervousness that posessed Jungkook’s head. But he attempt to look calm when Taehyung came back with a burger and coke.

Taehyung sat down and looked at Jungkook with confused look. “Are you not feeling well? You look pale.”

Great,it doesn’t work,Jungkook thought. He straightened up his posture and coughed. “I am great.”

Taehyung nodded,still in his puzzled expression. He started to taking a bite of the burger.

Jungkook huffed quietly while reaching for his backpack and ped it. He put a plastic onto the table and zipped back the backpack.

Taehyung paused and looked at the white plastic. “What’s that?”

Jungkook pushed the plastic toward Taehyung. “Kitten’s food. Jimin hyung told me to buy you this.”

Taehyung stared at Jungkook and back to the plastic in confusion. But he then cracked a tiny smile. “Thank you. I guess this is my farewell’s present?”

Jungkook cleared his throat,trying to find the forgotten lines that he’d prepared earlier. “Actually,I think there are still many things that I have to fix. I guess-uh,a month wasn’t enough. So...”

Taehyung gazed at Jungkook while raising his eyebrow. “So..?”

Stay for one more month. “I’ll give you one more month.”

Taehyung chuckled. “I guess you’re right. There are still many things that you have to fix. One of them is your useless pride.”

Jungkook who’d been feeling like he was about to pass out,suddenly knew how to breath again. He reached for the bottle of coke and drank it. “It is useful for me.”

 Taehyung cracked another tiny smile. “Fine.” He reached for the plastic and looked inside it. “ We need to meet more often so we could discuss about your problems. Oh! This was an expensive food.”

Jungkook gulped. “Everyday?”

Taehyung paused. “What about 6 days per week. I have something to do once a week.”

There’s a curiousity in Jungkook’s head. But he’s too proud to ask. “Deal.” 

Taehyung read the writing on the kitten food’s jar. “Kookie would love it.”

Jungkook frowned. “You named your pet kookie?” He pursed his lips. “So creative.”

Taehyung smiled. “As I found him at the day I met you,I named him kookie.”

Jungkook didn’t give a response. He tried to proceed what he just saw. Was that a rectangular smile that I saw?

A touch on his hand snapped Jungkook back into his world. But as soon as he realized that Taehyung’s hand was still against his skin,he jerked away and took another sip of the coke. “I-uh,what did you say?”

Taehyung seemed confused even more. “I said,are you mad because I named my pet kookie because I found her the day I met you?”

Jungkook scratched his head. “Uh,no,I am not. Wait-what?? You named your pet kookie because of me??”

Taehyung chuckled. “Your brain seemed messed up tonight,Jungkook. I suppose you better go home now. Let’s meet again tomorrow here.”

Jungkook nodded and stood up. He was about to say goodbye when something crossed his mind. “Geez! I forgot that I have to go to Busan tomorrow.”

Taehyung stood up as well. “Okay,then. See you the day after tomorrow.”

Jungkook walked out of the restaurant with unnamed disapointment.

-------------------

Raise your hand if you’re as awkward as Jungkook whenever you’re around someone that you have a crush on! Wait,did I just spoil the story? But then again it’s so obvious that Jungkook like Taehyung. xD

I really do appreciate the subscribes and comments you guys left. Thank you so much~