To You

My Letter to You

Never have I had anyone flip my world so much. Everything feels so distorted when you're around; all that deemed to be impossible aren't so, all the emotions humanly possible to achieve, I feel them.

What have you done to me? One minute I'm filled with loneliness, the next I'm the happiest being on earth. It's as if you've got this control on me that no one else sees but I. I do. From each limb down to every strand of hair. I feel you.
Though it might seem like my mind is so full, at the same time it becomes blank. Blanked out to make space for all the stories you tell me; each sentence, each word, each pause of your tired-out breath. I hear it. I feel it.

You make me feel like the luckiest person to ever step foot on this planet. Though the feeling might not be mutual, just know that no matter what - at this moment in time, in this era of my life, you are all the things I could ever need. Each moment I live; I live for you. Each step I take; I keep you in mind. Each second of each dragging day, you never fail to appear in my dreary imagination.
This heavy heart in my chest has never had so much will to stay up. You motivate me - to do better, be better and to take out all the baggage I carry.
You've made it easier for me to breathe. You've made me appreciate the beauty of the littlest things in life. A simple appreciation for the things that most people won't think of; pausing to look at the flowers paving along dull roads, looking round to see smiling faces in this rushed world we live in, seeing the emotion everyone holds in each word they mumble, acknowledging the effort people put into simply getting up every morning just to get through another awful day in the life of the ordinary. All these things, you have made them beyond beautiful. I have never been so thankful, never have I thought that someone could do so much for me in such little ways, in such little time. You've made me find the true meaning of how any little thing can help, because by doing a lot of little then soon enough you'll be doing a lot.

Thank you. For being there for me to fall back on, for being my support when it feels like I have no one else to turn to. For catching me when I fell. For being you. I mean, you might not know it, or realise it, but I am enamoured with everything about you. The way you walk so unsteadily, the way you have to breathe so heavily between sentences just so you can inhale enough air, the way you hold my bag so unwillingly when I take my coat off, the way you want to walk around with me, the way you make fun of me every time I say "mark scheme", the way you laugh so loud at any stupid joke I make, the way you answer my calls so quickly when I need you the most, the way you eavesdrop at loads of my conversations with other people, the way you’ve accepted how I am when it comes to replying or talking in general, the way you wait for me to go offline just so you can reply to me without ‘annoying’ me, the way you consider my feelings when you’re about to say something sensitive, the way you comfort me when you think that I'm feeling down, the way you make my heart beat so fast each time you say something risky (even though I know deep inside,  you mean it in a friendly way), the way you get so excited when you’re around other people, the way you always carry tissue around in case someone needs it, the way you’re so willing to come out of lesson and give me earphones so I can sit there in peace, the way your mind works so differently and fascinatingly, the way you have to clear your throat and raise your voice for people to know that what you’re about to say is super important, the way you try to motivate me to revise all the time, the way you didn’t want me to fail so I could be in the same year as you in the next coming year, the way you always tell me that you’re going to visit me at university, the way you cheer me up just by being around, the way you tell me about every single dream of yours that I’ve been in; no matter how big or small, the way you hold doors open for me, the way you look at me when you're telling me one of your oh-so-exciting stories, the way you try to give up your bad habit of smoking because you made me give up alcohol (even though you fail at least once a week), the way you stayed with me even when I was being the most difficult person to handle, the way you check up on me when I don't talk to you for a day, the way you didn’t cut your hair too short because you were scared that I wouldn’t like it, the way you smile each time I call you my best friend, the way you get annoyed each time I try to disown you, the way you remember most of the things that I tell you, the way you look at me every time I enter a room that you're already in, the way you have to hold your chest when you laugh because it hurts you to breathe, the way your hair flows when it grows out, the way you try to help me through rough times, the way you worry about me and other people, the way you know little details about me, the way you handle me when I'm drunk as hell, the way you've learnt to decode the way I drunk text, the way you hold me when I pretend to be upset with you, the way you keep yourself happy to benefit other people, the way you waste so much of your time and energy for others, the way you forget your next sentence when you're too enthused when telling a story. Lastly, the way you are. That is enough. This list could go on forever, but I wouldn't want to bore anyone with my admiration. So thank you. You’re probably my biggest blessing in my life right now. I pray that you’d stay the way you are, never change for anyone. The person you’ll love will be very lucky with you, and I hope they’ll appreciate you like I do. Biggest of thanks for being such a great influence on me.
 

I love you.
But the feeling probably won’t ever be mutual.