01.

Give me love, Doctor.

“You only have a year to live, Mister Kim.”

Suddenly, the deafening silence filled the room with unbearable tension.

“You’re not—ing—God.”

Taehyung gritted his teeth.

He almost laughed to himself. He knew he’s being immature right now but how could you just accept that after a year, you’re going to die? How is one supposed to react? What are you supposed to feel if you only had 365 days left? Or less? The boy was just living in this world for 20 happy years and then suddenly, a plain doctor just told him that he will die a year after? He had no idea that doctors can now predict the future.

What kind of logic, Taehyung rolled his eyes.

Doctor Kim raised his well-groomed eyebrow in astonishment.

“Of course I’m no God. I’m a doctor. And I get paid by saying these kind of things.”

The 23-year old doctor replied with a polite tone.

“Stupid ty things.”

“Stupid ty things, as you call it, Mister Kim.”

Doctor Kim repeated, nodding his head.

“Could you please stop calling me Mister Kim? Gosh, you’re making me old.”

Taehyung complained, annoyed at the fact that he's going to die and irritated that he couldn't accept the fact that the doctor who gave him a death sentence was so beautiful, he'd be a murderer. If only looks could kill.

Stop it, Taehyung snapped out of his thoughts.

“Okay. Mister Taehyung—”

“Damn it, I’m gay for goodness’s sake! And I’m not going to be married either way so if it wouldn't be too much of a bother, could you please drop the ing formalities?”

Silence filled the air once more.

He just blurted out his uality to a total stranger. A y stranger at that.

Taehyung averted his eyes, trying to hide his embarrassment.

After a minute of the awkward silence, Doctor Kim finally spoke as he gave Taehyung a mischievous smile.

“Sure, I’ll drop my formalities. I don’t see why not. But first—if it wouldn't be too much of a bother, would you please watch your profanities, Mister Kim Taehyung?”