1/1

Peachy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yoongi groaned tiredly as he stretched a bit in his chair.  He leaned against the backing before leaning forward again and listening to his composition yet another time.  The beat was good in his opinion, not too heavy and not too light.  The simple piano he added at the beginning seemed to make it simple, with the electric guitar coming in later as a cherry on top.

 

He looked down at the lyrics he scribbled and tapped his pen along with the beat.  He added some more things as the music played on and scratched out the things he didn’t like.

 

I DON’T GIVE A

I DON’T GIVE A

하루 수백번 입버릇처럼 말했던 내게서 신경꺼

실패나 좌절 맛보고 고개 숙여도 돼

우리는 아직 젊고 어려 걱정 붙들어매

구르지 않는 돌에는 필시끼기 마련이거든 이끼

뒤돌아 갈수 없다면 직진실수따윈 모두 다 잊길

NEVER MIND 쉽진 않지만 가슴에 새겨넣어

부딪힐 것 같으면 더 세게 밟아 인마

 

He found himself rapping quietly as the music went on.  His mind wandered a bit, wondering what he could add as a hook.  He rubbed his temples before setting the notepad down and leaning back further into the chair, letting the music take over.

 

“Never mind,” he muttered.  “Maybe Namjoon and Hoseok can help me…”

 

His eyebrows furrowed at a noise.  He stopped the music and took off his headphones.  The noise came again, and he groaned, looking down at his poor tummy.

 

11:27 PM, said the clock.  The last time he ate was a light lunch his manager gave him earlier at the studio.  And that was nearly twelve hours ago.  He sighed heavily.  He couldn’t believe he could just let himself go without food like that.  He shrugged.  That was the life of a musician.

 

He crept quietly out of his room towards the small kitchen in their dorm.  In the small living room area next to that, he could see Taehyung, Hoseok, Jungkook, and Jin all out watching some random channel.  Judging by the high-pitched voices, it was probably Pororo.

 

The cabinet was pretty much empty.  There were usually snacks and instant ramen, but even those were gone, much to Yoongi’s despair.  He moved on to the fridge and discovered that there wasn’t much in there either.

 

“How could they not buy anything?” he muttered to himself.  “They went out three times this week already.”

 

Jin looked over from the couch.  “We’re going shopping tomorrow, if that’s what you’re wondering.”

 

Yoongi turned and made a face.  “So I have to starve until then?”

 

“Sorry,” Jin answered.  “Well, we haven’t had the chance to go out and buy stuff, especially with the new schedule coming around.  We’re going to be extra busy.”

 

Yoongi sighed and rummaged through the fridge to find a container of peach yogurt in the back.  It was cold against his fingers as he opened it and saw that the contents were pretty much frozen.  His mouth watered as he stared at it, wondering if he should eat it.

 

“I wouldn’t do that if I were you!” Hoseok called from the couch.  

 

Taehyung looked over.  “Isn’t that Jimin’s?”

 

Yoongi shrugged.  “How am I supposed to know?”

 

“Hyung, you should just take it,” Jungkook said.  “You’re hungry, and we’re going shopping tomorrow anyways.”

 

The older boy frowned as he nodded.  He closed the fridge, grabbed a spoon from the drawer, and hurriedly made his way back to his room.  He set the yogurt on his desk and dug his spoon into the semi-frozen contents before hastily putting it in his mouth.

 

He smiled at the sweet yet tart flavor of peach.  He never really liked peach, but this was good.  Maybe because he was just casually starving to death.  Everything tastes good when you’re in that kind of state.

 

Before long, the container was completely empty.  He put the spoon in the container and let it sit on his desk as he put his headphones in and started to rap to himself.  His stomach was happy, so there weren’t weird noises anymore, and he could concentrate on his music a lot better.

 

Knock, knock.

 

Yoongi took his headphones off.  “Come in.”

 

The door opened, and in walked a half-sleepy Jimin.  He rubbed his eyes tiredly as he walked over to Yoongi’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter