Chapter | Two

Indomitable

 

 

The tour of Ederra, that Xiumin and Kyungsoo took Ji'Heiv on, was enough for her to make her mind up officially. She was going to reign from the Ederra territory.

It was breath taking, with its sturdy wooden structures, and lush greenery. The waterfall and water source nearby only sold her on the location even more. The old leader may not have been fair, but he did have his packs best interest in mind. No wonder it had so many members. It was a healthy, thriving environment.

"Everyone is talking about your looking for a mate," Kyungsoo said in the plainest voice he could muster. "Do you have any particular taste? Xiumin is still unmated."

The older wolf quickly snarled at Kyungsoo, thoroughly quieting the Beta. "Don't mind him Head Alpha, I am content being alone at the moment."

She gave a terse smile at both warriors. She knew it would become a big deal when her members heard of her settling down. She could only imagine how the other members of her conquered packs were reacting to the news, and if anyone was getting any bright ideas.

"I'm sure whoever decides to come forth, they will be amicable people," she stated, ignoring Biga's teasing chuckle. The low growl that emanated from , was enough to shut him up.

She didn't want to make a big deal out of choosing a mate. As long as he was healthy, strong, and fertile, then there was no need to be picky.

Or so she continued to tell herself.

It was unnecessary to get overly excited, especially since there were others things she could focus her time on. Everyone had a role in the pack, and she wanted to see everyone doing their job. But Biga had made sure to set up the meeting of potential mates as soon as possible, as he was overly enthusiastic about her finally deciding to find a mate.

"I'm going to go prepare for the meetings," she announced, shooting an eye at Biga. "I appreciate you both showing me around. Xiumin, Kyungsoo."

The walk back to the Alpha's Den was a peaceful one. Some gatherers were still in the forest, gathering berries for the dinner that would be prepared later. It was enjoyable to watch the different members hard at work. There wasn't any pack she conquered that showed as much work ethic as the Ederra pack, and she had only been there for seven moons and eight suns. One person high up in a tree, picking fruit, caught her attention.

"He always climbs up high to get the ripest fruit, that's why they call him the Omega Leader," a mocking voice said behind her. Quickly, she turned to see a tall pup, soon to manifest his rank, standing behind her.

"Head Alpha," he greeted, a small smile on his lips.

She nodded her head in return before bringing her attention back to the person in the tree.

"If you've ever had fruit that was absolutely delicious, most likely he picked it," the pup continued, shifting the basket of fruit he was holding.

There wasn't a dinner she had in the Ederra village yet, where the fruit she ate, hasn't been completely ripe and full of juice.

She took that knowledge in stride, telling the pup to continue working hard, as she proceeded to make her way towards the den.

"They are ready for you," Hiru announced.

She ran her hand through her cropped hair, suddenly feeling nervous, but hiding it deep within herself. Instead, she stood up straight as she motioned for Hiru to take his stand next to the wall. Holding her head high, she signaled to Lau to start sending them in.

Not expecting the first person to walk into the den to be Yixing, she temporarily lost control of her facial expression, shock finding it's way across her features.

"Don't worry," he laughed. "I'm just here to introduce everyone to you."

"Ah," she exhaled. "Please take your spot by Hiru, then."

She relaxed again, as someone entered who seemed more nervous than she. Almost as soon as he came in, she was dismissing him. Something about the nervous male was completely unattractive to her.

"Lau," she called. "Please, only send in the ones whose resolve is strong."

Once that proclamation was made, some members left the line on their own, obviously not feeling comfortable with potentially becoming the Head Alpha's mate and a leader in their own right.

Jongdae, who was last to join the line, watched as some of them went. He, too, would have left if he didn't have Yixing's demands bouncing around in his head. They were the only words keeping him in line, because the words of some of his pack members that noticed he was standing in line for such an honor, were negative by far.

And that was putting it nicely.

He wanted to hide with his tail between his legs, as was his conditioning. But the natural confidence he had was aching to shine, the inborn human pride thrumming through his chest was begging him to hold his head high.

His animalistic side, begged to differ.

Ever since the packs Ex leader made him the Omega of the pack, every aspiration he ever had went down the drain. As a manifested Beta, he was hoping to either be accepted as a Hunter for their pack, working under Suho and alongside Baekhyun and Chanyeol, who manifested shortly after him. Or, to be a Warrior who ran security for the pack, serving under the kind Xiumin and alongside another who was a pup with him, Kyungsoo.

Never in any fantasy he held as a young pup, did he see himself reduced to a simple Gatherer. Not to say that he didn't appreciate the role of gatherers, or working with Sehun, who was soon to manifest, potentially as an Alpha - it was just that, he had so much more to offer. He was a great hunter and a finessed fighter. But because he had a weak scent, no one trusted him with full confidence, no matter how many times he had to prove them wrong. Though he finally gave up fighting it and started to allow those who wanted to dominate him to do so with his full submission, he never gave up proving his worthiness. Everything he did, was done to the best of his ability.

As a gatherer, he only gathered the best berries and fruit, climbing up the tallest of trees to do so, and as a homemaker, his weaving work that made most of the roofs in the village, was exceptional with no holes to allow in unwanted sunlight or rain. If anything needed repairing, he would do so before any of the other homemakers, and it was expected of him. They all looked to him, and that's why some mockingly, others lovingly, called him Omega Leader.

"And who is this?" the Head Alpha asked, standing in an impatient manner. She was completely fed with up the process, and the negative vibes she was giving off was begging Jongdae to run away. He had never felt such authoritative dominance before, not even from his old Alpha.

"This is Jongdae," Yixing began with a soothing smile sent Jongdae's way. "He is our Omega."

"Omega?" Ji'Heiv asked with a sneer in her tone. "You've allowed an Omega to approach me? You are aware that I am a looking for a viable mate? Correct?"

Jongdae resisted the pull to run away and hide, though it took nearly everything in him. The reason why he didn't want to approach the Head Alpha was gleaming in his face, her attitude repulsed at the idea of mating with him.

She'd thought for sure that only Alpha's would be bold enough to meet her. They were known for their leadership and confidence, qualities she needed her future mate to have. Then, of course, she expected some Beta's to try their chances. Though they were less assertive, they still followed the lead of the Alpha as closely as possible and executed orders near perfectly. She could manage having a Beta as a mate, he would know his place and role, and he would be perfect in it.

But an Omega?

"He is viable, Head Alpha," Yixing pleaded. "He is a hard worker, he won't rely on you for everything, it's not in his nature, and he is fertile. I've known him all his life, and gave him every medical checkup he needed."

"You haven't pleaded like this for anyone else, Yixing. You're biased," she stared at him sharply. "And all for an Omega."

Slowly she approached Jongdae, who had his head so low it was buried in his chest. She was shorter than him by two or three inches and smelled strongly of Alpha. He fought hard against the whimper that was building in his throat, as her threatening dominance began surrounding his senses.

She pressed her nose into his exposed chest where his tunic split apart. Her nose was cold and raised goose bumps on his flesh. She took one deep sniff before snapping her head up to look him in his face, her eyes squinting in suspicion, "Look at me."

He couldn't disobey her direct command, no matter how frightened the thought of looking her in her eyes made him. She glanced over him, noting his sharp features and open eyes. The sharpened tooth hanging from his ear as decoration, held her attention a little longer, as she tried to place from which animal he got it. His hair still shined, showing his healthy state, as it fell in black feathers over his forehead and eyebrows. She raised a hand to his face, pressing a finger into the deep corners of his outer mouth before lifting his upper lip, as he tried desperately not to flinch at her touch.

His teeth also looked strong and were a pearly white, attached to pink gums. She repeated the process with his bottom lip, not expecting to find two abnormally sharp canines, also showcasing his healthy state, and his strength.

"You hardly have a scent," she stated finally, taking a step back away from him. His frame visibly relaxed as he let out the breath he was holding. He didn't know if he was supposed to answer her, or if she was simply stating the obvious and not looking for a reply.

He decided to keep his mouth shut, hoping she would back away further.

She didn't.

"When he manifested, his scent didn't. But he assures us he is a Beta," Yixing explained.

Ji'Heiv took the information in stride. Something about the man standing before her, wasn't adding up. His health, based on appearance, was completely fine. Yet, he was still ranked as an Omega, and generally, Omega's in any pack weren't treated well. They usually had damaged skin, dry, brittle hair, weak teeth, and anything else that showed they weren't getting the proper nutrition.

She looked back at Jongdae, taking in his frame this time. His stance was sure, though he was obviously ready to take a defenseless posture at a moments notice, if need be. His arms looked strong, and so did his legs. If she wasn't as considerate as she was, she would have commanded him to strip, just to see the parts hidden to her by his tunic.

No, he wasn't a muscular as Biga, as tall as Lau, or as solid as Hiru, but he looked no worse than Suho, Xiumin, or Yixing - All healthy members with esteemed positions and ranks granted to them.

The frustration was evident on her face as she snatched her eyes away from him, "You are dismissed."

He reacted quickly, saying the proper goodbyes before jetting out of the den.

"I will keep my eyes on him," she turned to face both Yixing and Hiru. "I can tell that you favor him, Yixing."

The medic wanted to say something in defense, but he could sense her irritancy, so he kept quiet. Hopefully, what she noticed about Jongdae, was enough to persuade her to give him a chance to win her over. All he needed was the opportunity.

~~~

Jongdae was utterly frustrated by time he got back to his one man hut. Yixing had managed to humiliate him the way no member of their pack ever had. Sure, they tried, but nothing would ever manage to live up to what he just experienced.

Ji'Heiv. Head Alpha.

She was unlike anything he ever met. Her dominance radiated off of her in waves, and she wasn't even trying. How could Yixing even expect him, who had been conditioned to go belly up at the slightest show of authority, to be able to impress her?

A low growl started in his throat, and only increased in volume when he caught a wift of Yixing's scent nearby. Swiftly, he scurried out the back of his hut to avoid the Beta. He was grateful he had enough insight to add an escape route to his pathetic hut. It has aided him greatly in avoiding unwanted trouble, and people.

Thankfully, since he was forced to build on the outskirts of the village, his walk towards the waterfall was significantly shorter than the rest of the pack.

By the time he was a good distance away from his hut, he had lost the scent of his pack, and mostly smelled the fresh water. Some gatherers were by the stream, filling up jugs of water to take back to the village, so he made sure to avoid them. It was an easy thing to do, since his already weak scent was most definitely impossible to smell at a distance.

He just needed some time alone, to fume and be upset without some member of his pack reprimanding him. Yes, Yixing was his friend, but friendship doesn't come before rank in any pack.

He could scream. That is one thing he could do.

His mind kept replaying that embarrassing, disgusting, insulting, meeting in the Alpha's Den. His old leader hated him, and his new leader was repulsed by him. He was just winning all around the board.

Pitifully, he slumped down onto the soft, slightly damp, grass. He began weaving his fingers through the green threads as his mind wandered more. If he could, he would do everything in his measly power to avoid his new Head Alpha.

Everything.

"Fancy I run into you here," a sarcastic, and eerily familiar voice said, followed by the powerful scent of Alpha.

His head could have dislocated from his shoulders with how fast he turned to confirm who it was speaking to him. Upon catching sight of the Head Alpha standing near and looking down at him, it caused his whole body to react confusingly. He wanted to jump up and run away from her and run to her, belly to the sky and neck arched in a bold show of submission all at the same time.

Her scent demanded it.

Instead, he ended up hopping up just to trip on his own feet and fall down flat on his rear.

So much for everything.

She gave him the blandest, most unimpressed look she could muster. She didn't even know anyone was on the path, until she literally saw the Omega brooding in the grass. She hated that she couldn't smell him, and she understood completely why the past Alpha of the Ederra pack made him an Omega.

Someone who didn't have a smell was invisible to a wolf - you couldn't smell him near or from a distance, you couldn't smell if he was frustrated, angry, or depressed - if a leader couldn't smell a threat, then how were they supposed to hold on to their position with a surety? If this Omega was so capable, then sneaking up on an unsuspecting Leader and dismantling them, would be nothing.

Maybe...she might, possibly, be better off giving him a chance. If he was a threat, she'd be better off nulling it by mating with him, rather than encouraging any disdain he felt for her in his heart.

And he was definitely feeling it. She could tell by his conflicting facial expressions while he looked at her. He was unsure if he could trust her, frightened by her presence, and resentful of her rank. His eyes showcased those feelings clearly to her.

He was definitely not a natural Omega and she would be lying to herself if she believed that he was naturally the weakest member of the Ederra pack.

He had reverted back to having his head down, buried in his chest, an obvious learned behavior. She smirked, he didn't even know who he really was anymore.

Slowly, she started to approach him. Devious thoughts running through her mind. Not expecting the low growl to come forth from the Omega's throat, she paused. He was bold, and she enjoyed a challenged. He had lifted his head, eyes holding firm to hers. He wanted her to stay back, that much was clear, but she only continued forward, crouching over him with her own growl.

Jongdae was proud. He wasn't completely shaking like a leaf outwardly. Internally, however, with her face, now a mere few inches from his? He was petrified, but he didn't back down, he couldn't.

He was the one who allowed himself to be made a fool of. When he showed up in her den, claiming he could be a mate worthy for her, all he showed was the kind of weak wolf he was. He had to prove to her that he was brave, that he was worthy of a chance to be spared him. So he held his glare, he kept his growl even, hoping she'd get the point that he wasn't going to easily back down.

The wretched noise that flew from , however, had him lying flat on his back instantaneously, a pathetic whimper building in his throat.

She had barked at him, canines gleaming white with the threat of promise. He had never met anyone capable of barking while in human form, the vocal cords were simply not made to project such a noise. The only thing that made sense was the possibility of her shifting internally while keeping her her physical attributes the same. That took immense control, and it only further disturbed Jongdae as he tried to become one with the ground.

"Submit," she snarled, leaning over him. She could feel his body lock up at her words, fear causing his limbs to stiffen. Slowly, he closed his eyes, long eyelashes fanning out over high cheekbones, temporarily distracting her as she noted there beauty. His head leaned back, neck arching as he gave her direct access to his jugular.

It took a terrible amount of strength to be an Omega. To willingly lay in such a vulnerable position and offer a threat the easiest way to kill, showcased the strength in even the weakest person. There was no option to fight and defend, there was only the submission.

He could feel her cold nose again, right under his jaw, and the dangerous slide of her canine against his throat.

She was toying with him.

For a second time under one sun, she took a deep breath, wanting to smell his fear, wanting to lock the scent away in the recesses of her mind. It was faint, as was his scent in general, but it was there, a wicked intertwine of spices that ran through her sensitive synapses.

Leaning back away from him, she noticed his eyes were open, looking off to the side, almost as if she was no longer present, hovering over him. The skin of his exposed chest, neck, and arms were riddled with goose bumps. He was either cold, frightened, or both. Either way, he was proceeding to thoroughly ignore her.

He definitely was bold. And he definitely was not meant to be an Omega. He had far too much pride, and not enough docility. It was apparent and she had only met him twice.

She got off of him, standing up and blocking the sun that was still shining in the sky. Her eyes didn't leave his frame, as he rolled onto his side, folding himself into a fetal position. His reaction was not sitting well with her. She was used to lower ranking members bouncing back after being dominated. Brushing it off, as if it didn't happen, because it happened often enough to be considered normal. What this Omega was doing at the moment, was dismissing her. Telling her without words, to leave him alone.

Bold was no longer the proper word to describe him.

He wasn't just bold. Mentally, he was indomitable.

In a show of petty immaturity, she wanted to sit down next to him, not leave just cause he "said" so.

Knowing that she very well needed to leave, since she came to bathe, and then return to the pack, she walked off of the grassy path, and right into the water.

Removing her black tunic, she waded deeper into the chilly water, sitting down to cleanse her body.

He would need to leave if he didn't want to see her and be disrespected by her body.

Jongdae closed his eyes tightly, breathing in and out calmly, to slow his heart rate.

There were so many emotions and thoughts running through his brain. So many feelings flowing through his system and settling in cracks so it would be hard to pry them out. She was a dominator through and through. Someone whose threat level was so high, it'd be better to never have crossed them. And yet, he could sense her irritancy. She had made him submit, but she wasn't content with how he did so. Most wolves completely missed the snark of his body language, but she caught it, and it frustrated her.

A win for him.

As his eyes focused on the lightly tanned body in the water, so did his mind. He would win her over. It was possible. Like Yixing advised, he just needed to be himself.

 


 

A/N: Whew, so that was intense. I enjoyed the two guessed answers of Jongdae's first reaction to Ji'Heiv and her's to him lol it was a good guess! But here we have it, there was no special reaction to them meeting each other, and if anything, it has only encouraged slight...ambitious actions...to be created with their two meetings...I hope you guys enjoyed this one as the ball is now officially rolling!!!

You guys know what I want, don't hold it back from me. Just give it to me! Give. It. To. ME!

(I mean Comments, in case anyone is confused)