Chapter | One

Indomitable

The Conquering was always peaceful.

Though the pack of wolves recently conquered were more of a village, doing away with their leader was just as precise as any other pack she had made her own.

The only major difference was the sheer amount of stares surrounding her. Quickly, she shifted back into her human form, staying crouched until Hiru slid her tunic over her head. She stood then, her form fully covered, as she let the left side of her gleaming canine press into her plush lower lip, for an added emphasis.

Her three leads took their stances, Biga and Lau staying in their wolf forms, while Hiru stood behind her, glare as intimidating as he could create.

"I'm Ji'Heiv," she introduced proudly, making eye contact with as many members of her new pack as possible. "And I'm your new Head Alpha. I should be addressed as such."

As was the formation, members from recently conquered packs started to make their way into the new village, giving Ji'Heiv her cue to leave the circle surrounding her and began exploration of her new land.

Her first stop was the Alpha's den.

She needed to meet any and everyone in charge within the village to settle any claims they may have. She sat behind the small table in the middle of the den, Biga taking his stance to her right, and Lau standing before her awaiting instruction.

"Round them up, Lau. Let's get this over with."

~~~

The towering figure of Lau moved through the crowd, while the stouter frame of Hiru moved in the opposite direction. Their calls were the same, asking for anyone with any semblance of leadership within the pack.

The members were initially apprehensive to answer the call, fearing death by the hands of their new leader. Some huddled together, while mates held on tightly to each other. The few wolves that entered their territory from other packs, quickly began their mission of soothing the newly conquered village. This eased some of the leaders, as they allowed themselves to be escorted into the Alpha's den.

"What do you think she will do with you, Yixing?"

The man shrugged an unsure shoulder, looking at the line before him that led towards their new leader, "hopefully she will allow me to continue living and helping others to do so."

"You're the medic, and a good one too. I doubt she'd do away with you," his companion continued on.

"Suho, you're worrying too much. I've heard of her before, this isn't the first pack she has brought under her jurisdiction. She has been doing this for years and she never banished anyone who was willing to keep the peace. You're the lead hunter, she won't ignore your expertise of this area of the forest. Besides, if I've been tracking her right, we may have something of value for her here."

Suho widened his eyes while using both hands to rub through his blonde and black hair, "you can't possibly be thinking about blackmailing the new Head Alpha?"

Yixing couldn't help the chuckle he let out, "If I was, I'm sure everyone knows now."

They received a few worried looks from the members in line ahead of them, but most caught on to the joke. Suho, on the other hand, was looking at the young medic incredulously.

"It's going to be alright. Just be honest with her. Besides, our previous leader wasn't fair, I'm not upset that he is gone," Yixing faced forward after his last statement. There was no use trying to explain what he meant to Suho.

Yixing was aware of the all consuming "Head Alpha" since she had first started. He had a mentor in another pack that he would train under, until there wasn't anymore correspondence. Following the lead on the matter, he heard what happened to his previous mentor, and that it was due to a campaign called The Conquering. The information he took in about the conquerors was fascinating, so he continued to follow their movements.

Now the great Ji'Heiv was in his pack. The Ederra pack, the largest on the East side of the forest.

He had expected to come across her one day, but not so soon. However, since she arrived before she settled, he felt that something good may come out of the situation for the both of them.

"State your name and your role in the pack," a deeper voice spoke. He hadn't realized he was so close to the front of the line. He looked at the towering, dark figure before him, noting his dark hair and sharp features.

"Yixing," he cleared his throat. "I'm the medic here."

"Are you the only one?"

Yixing was taken aback when his eyes finally landed on the new leader. She was beautiful, but she did the absolute least to accent that beauty.

"I am. I do have someone I am currently training. His name is Jongin and he just entered his adulthood as a Beta."

Ji'Heiv stared on at Yixing, liking his presence and aura. She was hoping this pack had a medic, especially since she was liking most of the members she was meeting so far. They were a dedicated, hard working group of people. And so far, from the very brief look she got during her entrance into the territory, it was a very beautiful place.

"Do you mind standing next to Biga and waiting until I am done meeting the leaders of your pack? I have something I would like to discuss with you."

Biga gave a brilliantly white smile to Yixing as he moved to stand next to him, for the second in command was already sure of what his Alpha would be discussing with the medic.

~~~

"What did she want?" Baekhyun, one of Suho's hunters, questioned him as soon as he exited the Alpha's den.

Suho gave the overly excited wolf a once over before meeting the curious stares of the other ten hunters of his group, taking note of the flexed eyes of Chanyeol, "She wanted to know if I would pledge my loyalty to her and my pack members. If I would do everything in my power to continue doing my share to provide for the pack."

"That's it? She didn't try to dominate you? Or anything?" Chanyeol was completely taken aback. He was in the front of the group when their old leader was attacked and thoroughly dismantled. The new Head Alpha may not have looked threatening, but after witnessing her finesse and obvious skill, he was sure she would be ruthless.

"No domination at all. As a matter of fact, she had Yixing standing next to one of her Alpha guards as if they were equals. I think she just wants us all to get along."

It was a good thought, and Suho could see the tense shoulders of his group, relaxing at the news. He didn't think anyone would actually miss their old Alpha, as he was unjust in many instances, and overly domineering. Especially to their Omega. True, most of the village was hard on their omega, they shunned him and praised him all at the same time. But their old leader always made sure to humiliate the Omega at any chance he could get. Even going as far as shunning him to the edge of the village, and making sure that any serving of the meat provided by the hunters and prepared by the gatherers, was thoroughly devoured before even allowing him to eat.

Because of this, Suho always made sure to save a few slices of raw meat that was prepared by the gatherers, so he could deliver it to the Omega before dinner. Sehun, one of the gatherers who was still considered a pup until he manifested, helped provide the meat for Suho to deliver. No questions asked.

"Well," Baekhyun started. "As long as she is fair, then I guess there isn't much to complain about."

The hunters all seemed to disperse after that, revealing the group of warriors who ran security around their territory. Xiumin, their leader, seemed to be having the exact same conversation with his group of twelve; with Kyungsoo, the otherwise quiet member, asking all the questions. After all, it was their job to detect and thwart any threats circling their territory. Yet, four of the strongest Alpha's they had ever seen, managed to waltz in and over take their pack before the sun was even high in the sky. Needless to say, their discussion looked like an intense one.

They seemed to have come to the same conclusion as the group of hunters, however, since not a few minutes longer, the group dispersed as well. Suho walked towards Xiumin and Kyungsoo, who were left together, "So? What do you think?" The question immediately grabbed their attention.

"I think I'm going to like her," Xiumin didn't hesitate with his answer. Kyungsoo only shrugged while he eyed the new faces of wolves that came from other conquered packs. They were, now, all one pack with one Head Alpha. What was the Ederra pack, with forty nine members, was now a pack whose number could be anything over one hundred.

"I feel the same. There is a presence she gives off," Suho agreed. "And a fairness of character."

~~~

"Why don't you make yourself comfortable?" Ji'Heiv motioned to the fur laid in front of the table. "I just have a few inquiries."

Yixing followed her direction, "I think I already know what you want to discuss with me. It can very well be the same thing I was meaning to discuss with you."

"And what is that?" she gave a small smile, flashing her canines, as she shot a glance to Biga.

"Your senescence," he started. "If I've tracked you right, you should be close to your 25th, which would mean you're needing to settle down soon or risk not having an heir."

Ji'Heiv wasn't actually expecting the young medic to be quite so bright. As Head Alpha, it was imperative that she mated after settling in one place. Once she was settled, then the rest of her people would be able to mate and have their own families. At the moment, the only ones who were mated with pups, were those who did so with the permission of their old pack leaders, who were already settled.

"You've been tracking me?" she asked instead.

"I have. My mentor's pack was conquered by you a few years back. Ever since then, I have made sure to keep up with whatever I can," he explained calmly. "It was only a matter of time before you made it here. And in all that time, you had yet to settle. So why not do so here?"

"What's so special about this place?" Biga interrupted, secretly enjoying the conversation. If anything, he was hoping his question would cause Yixing to try and talk up his village to his Alpha.

"We have a water source within the village," he answered quickly. "And the structure of our homes and common places are strongly built. They have already survived the test of disastrous weather, well-," he paused, looking away from the intense brown eyes of the Head Alpha. "The Omega's home is on the outskirts of our village, and he wasn't given the best materials to build with, so his home isn't exactly safe. But he helped build most of our buildings, and well, I'm rambling. But, anyway, we have a lot of food, and berries and fruit that make our lunches and dinner delicious."

"What about candidates?" Biga interrupted again. "Are there any viable options for her to mate with?"

Yixing contemplated that question, already sure of who he had in mind. It was a precarious game he was playing, it could potentially backfire. Or, it could be something that would benefit the pack more.

"I can pick from our most viable options if you'd like?" he answered instead.

She leaned back, posture relaxing slightly, "I think that would work."

Yixing nodded his head in understanding. He could already imagine all the good opportunities developing for the Ederra pack. After showing the proper respect to the Head Alpha, he dismissed himself. There were so many possibilities, but only one viable outcome he actually wanted to happen. As he made his way to the edge of the village, Jongin, his assistant, jogged next to him.

"What is she like?" were the first words out of the young Beta's mouth.

"Good morning to you too," he replied, ignoring the Beta's question. "Jongin, I need you to spread the word. Our new Head Alpha is looking to settle right here in our pack. And, she needs a mate."

That stopped Jongin in his tracks. Was this really the case? Was she really interested in running her empire from the Ederra territory?

"Close your mouth, Jongin."

Yixing kept moving forward, a teasing smile on his lips.

"I'll let the pack know!" he shouted to his mentor's retreating back. Yixing only waved a hand behind him, picking up his pace. The thoughts running through his mind were not quitting, there was so much to prepare, and only one person to convince.

As soon as he saw the unstable structure, he sprinted the rest of the way, raising his fist to softly knock on the wooden door.

"Jongdae, open up, I know you're in there!"

The wait wasn't even five seconds before the door opened, revealing the resident Omega.

Yixing let himself in, pushing pass the docile man, "I have some intriguing news that I'm sure you know all about."

"You mean about our new Head Alpha? How did that go? Is she requesting for someone to entertain her or something?" He said it with a downward tilt of his head, unnecessarily showing submission.

"Stop doing that in front of me," the medic chided. "Has he broken you so thoroughly, Jongdae?"

"It's my rank, Yixing. You should stop expecting anything different. I'm defiant enough as it is. The least I could do, is submit to my superiors."

"I'm your friend-,"

"And my superior," Jongdae interrupted. Yixing snapped his mouth shut, already tired of arguing such a moot point. Jongdae wasn't an Omega because he couldn't hunt, fight, or provide for the pack. If anything, he was one of the strongest members, able to do all three efficiently and quickly.

He was made Omega, the least respected and most persecuted member of the pack, by their old Alpha Leader. The Ex Leader had some weird fascination with Jongdae. Always mocking the wolf for his weak scent ever since he had matured.

True, it was a mystery, even to Yixing. When a pup manifested themselves, usually their scent coupled with their nature. Everyone's scent was unique to them, as Alpha's smelled like Alpha's in varying degrees. That was true for any rank. Yet, when Jongdae manifested as Beta, his scent never pronounced itself. There was no telling what Jongdae really was, and their Lead Alpha at that time, did not like it. So, he assigned Jongdae the lowest rank of the pack, Omega, the wolf ranking even lower than the pups who could do nothing for the pack.

"Well, maybe we can change that," Yixing started. "This Alpha seems fair, and she needs a mate-,"

"No-,"

"You didn't even let me fini-,"

"I said no," Jongdae crossed his arms, looking away from Yixing and not even believing his audacity.

"You will show yourself to her," Yixing demanded, causing Jongdae's eyes to widened and his mouth to open in shock. "I'm superior? Then you have no choice but to listen to me. If you don't want to be on the bottom anymore, then you will show yourself to her and allow her to reject you or not. But I won't sit by and watch you not even try."

Jongdae couldn't help the natural retreat of confidence he felt. It was true, what Yixing said. The possibility of him climbing up the latter of rank, was a strong one now that their old leader was put down. But he hand been subjected to the Omega role since he manifested at his 17th senescence. Now he was approaching his 24th senescence as the lowest member of a pack consisting of forty nine members. It would be a hard thing for him to present himself in front of someone so high in rank without the feeling like a complete failure.

"Just do what you usually do around here. Be the pinned Omega Leader that everyone lovingly calls you."

"Yeah," Jongdae chuckled sarcastically. "I'll be that and the shunned Omega no one wants around for long, simultaneously. I'm sure that will attract her to me."

"Just be yourself, Dae. That's all I'm asking."

 


 

A/N: Now to introduce our other characters, and our Jongdae lol his presence will only increase as the updates go along...you all also got a little bit more development overall. The story line is pretty straight forward, but I hope it's holding the interest of you lovely readers! I look forward to talking to you all in the comments, and hopefully you all decide to participate in the Upvoting Of Comments!

Any questions about anything? Don't hesitate to ask me any way you want to contact me!