Hold On

Start Another Story

Jungkook was never good at making friends he always had one or none. It's not that he didn't like them, it's that he wasn't good at holding a conversation, or he didn't have something interesting to talk about. High school was rough, kids so no one really wanted to be friends with him anyways. His parents didn't show him to the public yet so he was just a no one at the time. He was walking through the hallways one day when one of his bullies pushed him, causing him to drop his stuff and slam his arm against a locker. He hissed in pain, but the bullies laughed and walked away.

"Hey s, pick up his books!" He heard someone shout. Jungkook turns around to see a boy, probably older then him, with blonde hair walk towards the bullies. The bullies look frightened, but slowly fixed their composure.

"Yah, why would we do that!" You could hear the slight shake in the boy’s voice. The blonde headed boy walked over to them and grabbed the boys collar.

"Cause I said so, ing do it." He lets go of the boy and all the bullies scramble to pick up Jungkook's books, handing them to Jungkook without looking him in the eye. They bow to the blonde headed boy and then scramble away. The crowd watches in disbelief until the blonde haired boy gives them a glare, and they disperse. Which only leaves Jungkook and him.

"Are you okay?" The blonde haired boy asks, his voice much gentler and laced with concern. Jungkook could only nod. He didn't know what to say, when was the last time someone at school talked to him, even cared about him.

"Your arm, does it hurt, it hit the locker? Let's go to the doctors and get some ice on it." The boy lightly tugs on Jungkook's good arm and the only thing he can do is follow.

They end up at the nurse’s office with no nurse there, but the boy continues in. Going in the freezer and grabbing out ice, he tells Jungkook to lay down on one of the beds, and then puts the ice where it is forming a bruise. The room stays silent. Jungkook has no idea what to say.

"Thank you." It seemed the most proper words for him to say, and he really meant it. The blonde hair boy smiles at him and then ruffles his hair.

"Min Yoongi." It takes a while to realize what the boy is saying, until it clicks in his head that he is introducing himself.

"Jeon Jungkook." Jungkook manages to say above a whisper. He feels Yoongi take off the ice pack and his face scrunches up.

"You bruise easily. So how long?" The room stays silent. "How long have they been bullying you?"

"Since I first came here, I'm in my second year. I skipped a grade." Jungkook manages to say. He knows this boy didn't harm him, but he was pretty scary just a bit ago.

"! I leave for two years and this place becomes a hell hole!" Yoongi clears his throat. "So you're only 14 correct. I'm 18, last year. Don't worry though, no one is going to bother you."

The rest of the week no one even dared to look at the pair, Yoongi was always stuck to Jungkook's hip. It took about Jungkook a month to open up, to actually talk, to not stutter, to not be afraid. Every day they grew closer. Jungkook began to fall for Yoongi in two months of meeting each other, but he would never confess, he wouldn't want to lose a friend because he's selfish.

At the third month Yoongi confessed. Jungkook never seen him like that. Stuttering, avoiding contact, and quiet voice. Of course Jungkook accepted. They kept their relationship a secret, for gay relationships weren't really acceptable in society. Everyone thought they were best friends, but they didn't know that every chance they would get they would slip away on the rooftop, janitors closet, locker rooms, just to kiss and say sweet words to each other.

After about half a month Jungkook admitted to Yoongi who he really was, Yoongi was shocked, but told him status didn't matter, and that he liked him before and always will. Jungkook was glad. He started to come over a lot and his parents actually liked Yoongi.

Eight months in the relationship, Jungkook accidentally (even though he meant it) slipped out an 'I love you' while walking in the park. Yoongi said it back.

One-year anniversary was spent at Jungkook's house. His parents said they wouldn't be home til late, and Jungkook had a surprise for Yoongi. They both were watching a movie, Jungkook snuggled on up to Yoongi, he was nervous to say. Jungkook breathlessly says Yoongi's name and Yoongi's eyes widen. Next thing you know Jungkook is on Yoongi's lap, making out with each other. The thing is, they don't hear the click of the door, the shoe closet being opened then closed, or the footsteps nearing the living room. The thing they do hear though is the scream of Jungkook's mother.

Jungkook became home schooled, had his phone taken away, wasn't allowed to leave the house. He had gotten introduced to the public earlier then he wanted. His eyes still red and puffy, even if they tried to cover them up. The people watching the program couldn't tell, but as the blonde boy watched television with his red swollen eyes, he could for sure tell.

 

 



"Hello, Yoongi?" Jungkook's voice cracks. He tries best to hold in his sobs.

"Jungkook?" Yoongi's voice stutters on the other line. That's when Jungkook breaks. He sobs on the phone, saying sorrys and crying. The other end of the phone stays silent.

"Jungkook, it's okay, take deep breaths, then tell me what happened." Yoongi still cared much for Jungkook. Even if their departure ended up abruptly, and it's been years, Yoongi still held Jungkook in a special place in his heart.

"Why do I always up, why does everybody abandon me, am I that bad?" It breaks Yoongi's heart to hear this. When they first broke up, Jungkook used to call off of weird numbers since he didn't have a cellphone. Yoongi ignored all of them, and only listened to Jungkook's sobs and apologies through the voicemail. This happened until Yoongi turned 22, the calls stopped. He basically abandoned Jungkook, and let Jungkook blame himself for the breakup.

"Jungkook, I'm here now, you didn’t up, and no one is going to abandon you." Yoongi could only say, since Jungkook never told him what had happened. He heard sniffles on the other side.

"I should probably go, sorry for disrupting you."

"Wait, Jungkook-" the line dies and Yoongi hangs up. He puts his hands on his face and sighs.

"Hyung, are you okay?" An orange headed boy sits next to Yoongi.

"Jimin, you know how to track phone numbers correct?" Jimin nods and smiles. "Perfect."



Jungkook watches television with a blank expression, not even watching, more like staring. Why did he call Yoongi, why did he have to do that? It only opens up bad memories that Jungkook had wanted to stay hidden.

He opens up his phone and looks at his lock screen. It's him with a wide smile, and V's hands are behind his head giving him bunny ears and is showing his beautiful box smile. He starts to cry and suddenly throws his phone at the wall, he watches as the parts all bust, he lays down, crying.

He doesn't notice the opening click of his door, or the movement of two people walking towards him. What he does notice was someone sitting him up straight, causing him to look that person in the eyes. His eyes connect with a now mint colored haired boy, and the face he hasn't seen for years. He leans forward and grips on to Yoongi, and cries on his shoulder. Yoongi rubs his back, trying to comfort the crying boy.

After ten minutes Jungkook finally calms down. He releases Yoongi and wipes his eyes. He apologizes for his behavior, but Yoongi just waves it off. His eyes finally drift to a boy still standing by the door with a concerned look on his face.

"Jimin come here." Yoongi calls the boy over. Yoongi gets up from his spot and allows Jimin to approach Jungkook. Jimin kneels in front of the boy and pulls him into a hug as well. Jungkook wraps his arms around the orange haired boy and tightens his arms around him. Even if Jungkook doesn't know him, he's warm and very cuddly. Jimin then let's go, and Yoongi comes back over and sits next to Jungkook on his left and Jimin does so on his right. Jungkook rubs his eyes, causing them to redden more.

"Ah, sorry for the horrible first impression, it seems I'm not that great with them, Jungkook." Jungkook laughs, but a smile never reaches his eyes.

"Jungkook, what happened?" Yoongi goes straight to the point, causing Jungkook to tear up again. Jimin goes behind Jungkook and slaps Yoongi on the head.

"Yah, just don't ask people like that. Jungkook would you like something to drink, maybe some water?" Jungkook only nods his head. Jimin heads towards Jungkook's kitchen grabs a water bottle, and hands it to Jungkook. Jungkook drinks about half the bottle and then looks at both of them.

"I fell in love with a e, but he's so much more than that." Yoongi goes to open his mouth, but Jimin stares at him hard and Yoongi closes it.

Jungkook explains the story, of how they met, how he only knew his stage name V, how well they got along, how they became really good friends.

"I ed up, I took him here, cause he got attacked by a gang, I left for a bit made him soup, and then he asked my name, he yelled at me." Jungkook started to sob. Yoongi knew why. He would listen to the messages Jungkook sent him. How he told him that his dad yelled at him every day, how he would hit him, Yoongi hated it, and now he hates it even more that he was too much of a coward to pick up his phone.

"I told him I liked him, and, and-" Jungkook takes a deep breath. "You know what he told me back, I don't like you. Why would I expect anybody to like me, why?!" Jungkook started to hyperventilate, Jimin quickly began to rub his back and whisper breathe. Jungkook slowly calmed down.

"Jimin's your boyfriend right?" Yoongi was frantically shaking his head, but Yoongi sighed and nodded. "I knew I was always holding Yoongi back, you're so much prettier, and nicer."

"Jungkook, that's not it-"

"You know, people bullied me for a reason, I mean look at me, I'm hopeless, thank you for sticking up for me, sorry for all the mess I caused you."

"Jungkook, listen-"

"I need you to leave, I'm fine by myself now."

"Jungkook, please-" Jungkook gets up and walks towards his bedroom door.

"I need you to leave, I'm tired, goodbye Yoongi, goodbye Jimin." Jungkook walked in his room and slammed the door locking it. He heard shouts and pounding, but only ignored it.



Two weeks pass, no one hears nor sees Jungkook. Yoongi's tried, but Jungkook apparently hasn't even picked up his mail outside his house. Jimin didn't talk to him for a week after figuring out what Yoongi did to Jungkook.

"We gotta find him, cause you know Jungkook is going to go crazy in that house. Jungkook was already secluded when you left him. How many years do you think he'll stay secluded now that someone else left him?" Yoongi only nods, he knows Jungkook is not good at separation.

Later that night they take their car out. They take Jungkook's route to his work, then backtrack it to Jungkook's house. They find the street Jungkook described and the stoplight, but no one was there. They continue to drive around, til they see three ladies smoking a cigarette. Jimin rolls down his window and smiles at them.

"Hello ladies, my friend V asked me to meet him, but he's not in his usual location, where could I find him?"

"Ah that little rascal, he's injured and he still pushing himself, he's around the next block in the alley, don't be too rough, that boys taking too much at once." Jimin only smiles and thanks them. Yoongi drives away and follows the instructions.

"Jungkook said he had purple hair, but since he changed his location, he probably changed his hair." Jimin stated, Yoongi only nodded. They arrived the corner and Yoongi honked four times in the pattern that Jungkook had described. A boy with brown hair emerged from the alleyway. He smirked, but Jimin could see the bruises on his neck, on his wrists. The slight limp on his left foot, his eyes reflecting pain and sadness. Jimin knew that Jungkook was horrible, and now he saw that V wasn't any better. V opened the door and closed it. Yoongi immediately locked it and turned towards him.

"Listen here you , do you have any idea what you are putting him through!" V had flinched at that. He's been through hell these last two weeks and the only way to keep his mind clear was taking more clients, and being with violent clients, has been probably making him worse.

"I-I'm sorry, I'll do anything you want." V tried not to cry, knowing it has been making his clients meaner.

"Idiot, you're scaring him, do you see him, he's not doing well either!" Jimin glares at Yoongi, and he immediately softened.

"I'm sorry." V only nods.

"Come back here with me." Jimin gestures for him to follow. V looks at Yoongi for permission, and nods his head. V crawls to the back of the seat and sits on the end away from Jimin. Jimin studies him and V fidgets.

"Yoongi hand me the first aid kit in the front, and then head to our house." Yoongi only does as he says, knowing he'll blow if he speaks.

Jimin opens up the kit and grabs the alcohol and puts some on a cloth. He then grabs V's hand and gently dabs his wrists, which seems to be bleeding due to rope burns.

"Don't let people be too rough with you, you could get hurt." He sees V's face scrunch up in pain as he continues. V nods.

They arrive at their house and V follows. He must've been brought to people's houses after Jungkook. They head their way inside and Jimin offers for him to take a shower. You see V flinch a bit, but nods.

V heads towards the bathroom, making sure to lock the door after he goes in. He takes off his clothes and looks down in disgust. Bruises, gashes, anything really. He sighs as he goes in the warm shower, and takes his time. He doesn't know what kind of clients these people are. They could be super rough, like his last time when he had two people, or it could be something different. He gets out of the shower and dries, putting his dirty clothes back on. He heads to the living room where he had last seen them, and sees them sitting on the couch. He heads towards it and the orange haired boy stands up.

"Sorry for never introducing ourselves. I'm Jimin and this is Yoongi!" As Jimin speaks, Yoongi won't even make eye contact with V.

"Hello, I'm V."

"Ah, yes we know." Jimin laughs and gestures for him to sit back down on the couch. He does as he is told.

"Tea?" Jimin looks at him. V shakes his head, knowing people put drugs in open drinks.

"Oh, would you like a water bottle." V nods, even though he doesn't usually take clients offers, he's too thirsty to refuse. At that Jimin leaves, leaving V alone with Yoongi.

V keeps glancing at Yoongi, but he doesn't seem to notice, as his eyes stay on the phone. When his phone vibrates he instantly picks it up, but only slumps down when he sees the id.

"You know-" V jumps because the only time Yoongi spoke was when he was yelling. "I'm really pissed at you. I know you probably have your reason, but you know, that poor kid is probably losing his sanity in that house." V didn't understand what Yoongi was talking about, what kid?

"You know, a lot of people would say what he is doing is dramatic, but all the and abandonment he's been through, I don't blame him." V fiddles with his fingers, wondering if this Yoongi has gone crazy.

"Yeah, I do blame myself partly, I had abandoned him myself too, along with his parents, but I think you set the trigger. He just had to see you that night, had to befriend you, had to fall for you. The thing is though-"

"I found a water bottle, we need to buy more, it's our last one." Yoongi only sighs and nods. V has a feeling he knows what, or who Yoongi is talking about. His eyes start to water, because he tried so hard to forget him. Jimin looks at him and then glares at Yoongi.

"What did you say?"

"I didn't say anything mean, I just told him some stuff." Yoongi shrugs.

"Are you guys Jungkook's friends?" V stutters out.

"Friends? To us, yeah, Jungkook's a friend, to him, we're probably acquaintances. We haven't seen or heard from him for two weeks." Yoongi states.

"He's probably working hard." V tries to hold back his tears. At this though, Yoongi scoffs.

"If you consider locking yourself up in your house, cutting off all your phone lines, and not going outside in two weeks 'work' then yeah, sure." V stares wide eyed.

"What Yoongi is trying to say is, is that Jungkook is kind of broken right now."

Yoongi begins to explain about Jungkook's life, some stuff V probably knew, most stuff he didn't. He explains his parents and his relationship with Jungkook, how when Jungkook went on television to show himself and how Yoongi never talked to him again. About his phone calls, and him not picking up. Talking about when V came into place, and how Jungkook cried when he told them everything.

"Listen, Jungkook lost his parents because he was gay, Jungkook lost someone that he loved cause I was a coward, and now he lost a best friend and someone that he loves, wouldn't you be a little broken too? Jungkook has no one, no friends, no parents, nothing." V wipes his tears away.

"I just thought that he shouldn't be with me. I'm a e and he's famous and rich. I feel like I would bring his reputation down." V cried even harder. He never wanted to hurt Jungkook, when he would talk about his past, he never seemed that upset about it, but he realized Jungkook is human too.

"If he really cared about that would he had ever talked with you, hang out with you, go out in public with you, even bring you to his house and confess to you? You're the first person in years to do that with him, and you think he would care about his reputation?" Yoongi slows his breath down, knowing not to upset the boy.

"I didn't think of that, I just wanted what was best for him." Jimin leans into V and holds his arm.

"You are what's best for him, even if you don't like him that way, at least be his friend." Jimin says softly.

"I do, I mean I like him, a lot. I just don't understand, cause he knows I've let people use me, but he continued to like me, I guess a lot of the time I thought he felt pity, but now I realize, that's not what it was."

"Well, let's go!" Jimin jumps up with a smile, causing both Yoongi and V to look at him weird.

"We're going to see Jungkook now, he's not going to ever get better, so let's get there now." Yoongi nodded and got his keys.

"W...wait! What am I supposed to say to him?" V turns flustered.

"Of course what you told us!" Jimin exclaims and walks out the door, only to leave V to follow.

On the car ride there Jimin gives V some clothes to change into, he gave him a long sleeve turtleneck so Jungkook wouldn't be surprised by the scars and bruises, that's if Jungkook would even open the door.

Yoongi turns on the radio, not caring what is playing. Honestly, he's scared. He only saw Jungkook for an hour after so many years without seeing him, and Jungkook's eyes were even more lifeless then when they broke up. He knew how much Jungkook just wanted him to answer the phone and he didn't. Now he doesn't even have a phone, he hasn't tried to contact V, he's taken a whole different approach of locking himself up and not letting anyone else in. Yoongi's scared, he's scared that Jungkook is not going to open up anymore.



They arrive at Jungkook's house. Dark, empty, it looks like someone hasn't been home for months, but Jungkook's in there. They all approach it, not looking as hopeful as they were on the way there. They stop at the front door, no one speaks, no one knocks. After a while Yoongi finally gets the courage the knock on the door. They wait a bit, no response. He does it once more, nothing.

"Jungkook, it's me Yoongi. Jimin's here, too. Can you open up?" The other side of the door stays silent. Yoongi nudges V, he clears his throat, trying not to sound nervous.

"Jungkook, it's V, please open the door." They hear a faint squeak that could easily be missed, but they heard it.

"Jungkook, Jimin and I are going to be in the car, if you're there, please listen to V." At that Yoongi and Jimin leave V alone, though V obviously wanted them to stay, they needed their privacy. V sits on the ground, his back to the door.

"Hello, I'm not sure if you can hear me, but let me introduce myself. My name is Kim Taehyung, I'm 21 years old, I don't really have a house, but I live with some nice aunties in a warehouse. My parents died when I was eight in a house fire, we weren't rich so we didn't lose much, but I lost my parents, they were the most important in that house. I escaped, and ran, I ignored the sirens. I lived under a bridge for a while and roamed the streets. Some nice ladies offered me food, and a roof over my head. They don't have much either, but they always took care of me. At the age of fourteen I figured out what they did so they could earn money, I started too, they protested, but I wanted to help, they needed money. The jobs were rough, but I got used to them. One particular night I took a gang’s customer before, I didn't know, they tried to come up from behind and attack, but it didn't work, because a beautiful boy with black hair grabbed my arm and pulled me into his car. I was shocked, stunned. This wasn't the original 40-year-old man trying to find relief, no, it was a beautiful boy that just protected me. He brought me to a hotel, and he wanted nothing in return, just for me to stay. I thought it was a joke, a onetime thing. No, he continued to come back, showered me with something I haven't had for a long time. I wasn't looked at with disgust, I was looked at with admiration. I messed up though, I watched the news and saw a man speak of this boy, but it wasn't just a boy, it was a famous boy, with famous parents. Now did I feel worthless. I was angry, why did he spend time with me, I'm no one, I'm a waste of time, he could do better. I thought, I should let him go. He told me he liked me, and I said something horrible back. But what I wanted to say was, I don't like you, I love you." Taehyung wipes the stray tears falling from his face. The other side stays silent, and he was about to get up until he heard a faint voice.

"My name is Jeon Jungkook, I'm 20 years old and I live in an empty house. My parents left me, my boyfriend left me, and someone that's special left me. I'm also a liar. I met a boy, with bright purple hair and shining brown eyes. I told that boy I liked him, but I lied, I love him, and I still do." Taehyung can hear Jungkook cry as he speaks, and then he hears the lock on the front door click, and then open. Taehyung quickly gets up and faces a red eyed boy. Just not any boy, his love, Jeon Jungkook.

 

 

 

 

A/N

Im gonna be completely honest, the only part of this story that I like is the end, shh. I'm all for that kind of stuff. Also I wrote this story like 4mos ago, and it still sounds awkward to me, should I probably fix it, yeah, will i, probably not, shh.  Well, I hope you guys enjoyed this, and thank you for all the subscribers, I really appreciate all of you,and also all the readers too, thank you for giving this story a chance!