Only Ones Who Know

Start Another Story


            Jungkook sighs as his alarm clock goes off. He stretches his arms and legs, and slowly gets out of his bed, the cold floor causing him to shiver. Jungkook follows the same routine every day. Get up, shower, get dressed, eat breakfast, go to work, come home, order take out, eat and watch television, do work at home, sleep. His life was plain, simple, and boring.

After doing his morning routine, he heads out of his apartment, greeting the old lady that checks her mail, and heads towards his car. The ride there is slow. Traffic is heavy, but Jungkook is content. It's okay. Finally, he makes his way to work, and nods at his co-workers. They send him winks and waves, but he just nods and walks forward towards his desk. He opens up the program and works.

Jungkook stretches against his chair and cracks his back, he is happy that the project is finished, but only to figure out that it's 10pm. Jungkook never leaves this late, he usually leaves at five. It's okay though, cause no one is in the office, it's quiet, and peaceful, and he is actually okay with ruining his schedule. After he submits his project he turns off the computer, and pushes his chair in. He grabs his bag and walks out, making sure the automatic door had locked, which it has. He unlocks his car door and sits in the drivers’ seat, turning on the radio and turning the nob to a quieter volume. He hums to a song he's heard before as he drives away.

Jungkook knows that the street he takes home is not safe, and is dangerous, but it's quicker than hitting the city life on the way home. The sooner he gets home the better. He drives slowly through the neighborhood with its beat up houses, yelling, and barking dogs, it seems like it's something you’d see in the movies, but no this is Seoul, well the bad part of it. He watches his surroundings, as he stops at a red light. He wonders why it's there even though the street is empty. A loud slam causes him to jerk his head to the left. A car had stopped at the intersection, by the light. He sees a boy, most likely around his age, standing by the door that was just slammed. He watches the interaction under a dimly lit street light. He watches the boy lean against the door as money is passed over to him, and taken. The person in the car spits on the boy and drives away. The boy only wipes his face as he counts his money. There is only one word Jungkook can think of. e.
 

 




            Jungkook groans as he wakes up. He's glad it's Saturday, and that he doesn't have work. He couldn't sleep. The only thing he thought about was the lilac haired boy he saw last night.

Jungkook watched the boy wipe the spit off his face and counted the money. He smiled and Jungkook swore it was beautiful, even if what he thought he was, was true. He must've stared too long, because the boy was smiling and walking towards him. His lilac hair popped out under the dim light, and the box smile he had was stunning. Jungkook quickly stepped on the gas pedal, he needed to leave.

He rubbed his face and groaned. This was not supposed the happen, because instead of his blank mind only filled with work, it was filled with the color of lilac and a blinding smile. He needed a shower.

Jungkook decided that a walk in the park would clear his mind. He knew a little park that not many people knew or cared about. Only a couple people were there walking their dogs or kids playing on the swing sets. He takes a deep breaths and releases it. He likes this. He continues to walk until the color of lilac runs to the side of him and watches it disappear in the woods. He shakes his head, he's just imagining things.

Jungkook goes back later that night, at nine. He decides to rent a junky car, because his expensive car might stick out. He wears a hat, sunglasses, and a mask. He goes to the same curb and waits. Many others pass his car, giving him the eye or knocking on his windows trying to flirt. Jungkook is not here for them, he wants to see the same boy again. Jungkook stares at the corner, until a boy walks over and stands against the wall. The boy with lilac hair. Jungkook smiles, he stares as the boy looks at the ground, not making eye contact with anyone. He hears four honks, it sounds as if it's in a code. The boy looks up and smiles as he walks to the car. He notices that car. Jungkook slowly lifts up his glasses and looks into his car. His eyes widen. It's one of his co-workers, his married co-worker. He puts his shades back on and starts up the car as he notices they are leaving. He follows them at a safe distance to make himself look normal. They stop at a shabby motel and watches as his co-worker goes towards the motel and ignores the boy following behind him.

Jungkook waits about an hour until he sees the pair coming out, the boy is slightly limping and he looks like he's in pain. He sees the boy walk towards the car and his co-worker puts his arm in front of him. He sees them talking and all of a sudden the man slaps the boy and Jungkook covers his mouth. How could someone be so cruel? The man gets in his car and drives away.  The boy limps slowly and starts running. He runs quickly passed Jungkook’s car and he could only catch a glimpses of the boy’s body which has red marks all over it. Jungkook throws up.

The next morning he walks into work and the same co-worker from last night walks up to Jungkook and greets him. Jungkook excuses himself and runs towards the bathroom.



Jungkook makes it a habit to work late on Fridays, making sure to catch a glimpse of the boy. He also makes it a habit to rent a car and stake out on Saturdays. Sometimes Jungkook wears his spying gear and sometimes he doesn't. Jungkook doesn't follow the boy after what he saw that one time. Instead he waits in that one spot until one in the morning. He notices most people drop the boy back off at the corner and sometimes he sees the boy running back to the corner. Sometimes he sees the boy beat up, sometimes he sees him with only fading scars. He wants to approach the boy, but what is he supposed to say. Hello, I'm Jungkook I don't want to buy you, I just want to talk, I've been watching you for a while. That would never work. So Jungkook just watches from a safe distance.

 





            Jungkook sits in the old car waiting at the corner, his mask, hat, and glasses on. It's 12am and the boy stands in place staring at the ground. Jungkook hears a door slam and he expects to see in person to approach the boy. But no, instead he sees five men with bats approaching the boy. Jungkook freaks out. His body is telling him to do something, and before he has the time to think he's running out of his car. The boy looks at the running boy coming towards him, his head tilts. Jungkook thinks he looks adorable, but he doesn't have time for that. He grabs for the boy’s arm and yanks it and pulls him towards the car.

"Get back here V, I swear we're gonna kill you!" At that Jungkook speeds up more. He thinks the boy’s name is V and he definitely doesn't want to see him dead. He pushes the boy into the driver seat and Jungkook then pushes him into the passenger seat. Jungkook hurries up and starts the car and drives away quickly when he hears more shouts.

"Holy ." His voice is deep, but Jungkook can't concentrate, his whole body is shaking. He keeps his eyes on the road as he tries to drive straight.

"Those guys could've killed me!" The boy throws his arms up in the air and Jungkook clenches his hands around the wheel, knuckles turning white. Jungkook drives past the motel that most people take the boy too.

"Uhm, I'm V, and also I don't go to people's houses. We just passed the motel by the way." The boy says his voice sounding cautious and confused. Jungkook only nods, he can't speak, his body is shaking, and he knows his words will come out stuttered. V says nothing as he looks out the window.

Jungkook drives to the lot of where his original car is. He gives the key to the man and pulls V out of the car. He opens the passenger seat of his actual car and V cautiously steps into it. Jungkook closes the door and walks to the drivers’ side. He drives to a hotel. The one the company designed and the one his family owns. He gives the key to the valet as he gestures V to follow him inside. He gestures him to sit and he walks to the front counter.

"Oh mister Jeon, what a surprise to see you! How may I help you?" Jungkook takes a deep breath, he's still shaking, he needs to be calm.

"My friend came back from a trip, and they are moving his stuff, I decided to stay with him until he gets settled in, I need a suite, a really nice one." He manages to say without stuttering.

"Presidential suite?" He nods his head. She hands him the key and he walks towards V, gesturing for him to get up. They take the elevator, V watches in fascination as the elevator goes up, it's see through so you could see the city more clearly. They stop at the top floor. They both exit, there is only one suite up here taking up the whole top floor. He puts the key in and opens the door. He looks around and notices the closet of clothes. It was expected, he was Jeon Jungkook. He gestures V in and closes the door behind him.

"Wow, just, wow. This is amazing." He quickly covers his mouth.
"Sorry, so what do you want sir?" Jungkook scrunches his nose. What do you mean what do I want? It all clicks in his head and his face goes red.

"Nothing." He stutters out terribly.
"Nothing? Oh I see the shy type. It's okay, we'll figure out something. Let me freshen up real quick for ya newbie." He walks around the house until he finds the bathroom, not noticing his surroundings. When he opens the door he is shocked. There's a bathtub that could be a hot tub, a shower that's huge and probably a steamer too. V can't believe it, that someone would take him here. He shakes his head. No one that rich would want to be seen in a shaggy motel, he wasn't doing it for him, he was doing it for himself. He bathes quickly, knowing he will be dirtied again. He dries off and decides it's best to walk out , the kid won't be able to control himself. He opens the door to see the boy sitting on the huge bed he didn't notice before. The boy is quite cute actually, he looks younger and not like the 50yr old guys he usually gets. He clears his throat to get the said boys attention. He is met with a bunny grin, but it is quickly dropped as he covers his eyes and pushes clothes onto him. He turns his back. V respects his wishes and gets dressed.

"I'm done, you can turn around." The boy turns around and the smile returns. He gestures for him to sit down too.

"My names Jungkook." Jungkook manages to say without stuttering.

"Nice name." Jungkook nods and is glad he doesn't ask more questions.

"So what do you want, , , grinding, , or are you into toys, maybe-" he slaps a hand over V's mouth.

"I don't want any of that!" He practically shouts.
"Oh, then why'd you pick up a e?" Jungkook thinks for a bit. Why did he pick him up? He thinks about the guys and remembers.
"They had bats; I couldn't let them hurt you." Jungkook manages to say, he's glad that he's not stuttering anymore or shaking. At this V, scrunches his nose.
"Why would it matter if I got hurt, I'm no one. I should probably go though I need to make money." V started to get up and head toward the door, but Jungkook grabs his arm.
"I'll pay you to stay here please don't go." At that Jungkook takes out his wallet and tries to hand V a hundred.
"That's too much! I usually only make thirty a night, I'll only take that much." Jungkook nods his head and hands over a twenty and ten. V takes it, with a confused look on his face. He just couldn't understand why someone would pay for him and not use him, and why would someone even bring him into an expensive hotel. It was almost like he was dreaming.

"Are you hungry?" Jungkook asks with a smile on his face. V only nods his head. Jungkook picks up the phone and dials room service, they pick up in only half a ring. He names off different foods, ones that V has never heard before, he hangs up and tells him food will arrive soon. They wait in silence until a knock is heard on the door. Jungkook gets up and opens the door. He tips the man and takes the cart to the bed.

"I didn't know what you liked, so I ordered a lot. Please enjoy." Jungkook stutters at the beginning and then smiles awkwardly. V looks almost scared to touch the food, but he quickly gives in. Jungkook is glad as V shoves his face, the boy was literally bones.

"So you were the man that was always on the curbside. Many of the others talked about you. They always said you were young and handsome, but you payed no attention to them." V says with a mouthful. Jungkook thinks he looks cute, but says nothing about it.

"I guess." Jungkook plays with his fingers, he knows he was a bit creepy, but he didn't want the other boy to find out yet.
"Why were you there though?" Jungkook sits in silence, he had his reasons and his reasons were not to tell. V accepts his silence and continues to eat.

"So your name is V?" Jungkook changes the quiet atmosphere.
"No, street name. Is your full name just Jungkook?" Jungkook notices the sarcasm in his voice and shakes his head.
"I'll make a deal, when you tell me yours and I'll tell mine. We might not ever see each other again, but I'll remember this deal." Jungkook nods.



            After their first encounter Jungkook always makes sure to be the first to pick V up every Friday and Saturday. They always go to the same hotel. V never questions why Jungkook keeps coming back. They talk about their personal lives, Jungkook never going too far into his, but bits and pieces, and V talks about his, always leaving some out.

"I can't believe your parents kicked you out cause you were gay!" V's voice fills the whole room.
"I didn't have the perfect son image, but it's okay, they still help with bills and stuff, they have to have a good image too." V huffs and pouts. Jungkook grabs his cheeks like granny's do and tug them.
"Yah, you stop that, I'm not a kid." Jungkook giggles.
"You sure act like it hyung." At that V gently smacks Jungkook upside the head as he continues laughing. V one time accidentally slipped his age of 21, being one year older than Jungkook, who happened to find that hilarious.

Jungkook knows V still es around. Even though he would rather offer him money, V won't accept it. Jungkook also knows he works every night of the week, and he can't be there every night due to the excessive work he has on weekdays.



            Weeks continue to pass as Jungkook still picks V up. V had wanted to stop accepting his pay, saying that friends shouldn't pay each other to hang out, which happened to make Jungkook's heart skip a beat, but Jungkook wouldn't have it, he knew V needed the money.

More weeks go by and they become closer, sometimes Jungkook would meet V during the days and spend it like regular friends would.



            Jungkook sits at the corner impatiently. His fingers tap on the steering wheel. Jungkook had to leave work later today. The boss, his dad, was expecting the layout of a new restaurant, with designs and everything, since building would start sooner than usual. Jungkook ended up leaving at 11:30, he had no way of contacting V. The time now is 1:30 and still no V, usually his clients only take an hour or less, and something about this didn't seem right. He stared at the same spot until a shout caught his attention.

"Don't ing bring your into our territory ever again, or I'll actually kill you." He turns his head and sees a buff looking guy kick someone on the ground as he walks away. Jungkook watches as the figure stands up. Even if the hair is all bloody he catches sight of a strand of lilac colored hair. The boy stands up and immediately falls down. Jungkook gets out of his car and runs towards the boy. His heart breaks at the sight of him. He picks him up and gently puts him over his shoulders. He brings him to his car and gently sets him down in the passenger seat. He checks for a pulse, it's still there and he lets out a sigh. Jungkook drives, and starts heading towards the hotel. He gets closer and looks at the boy again. There is no way he would be able to take V there and not get questioned. He passes the hotel and heads towards his house.
"Sorry V, just this once."

V wakes up with a pounding headache. He groans and stretches, but doesn't open his eyes. He snuggles more into the pillow, ignoring the pain in his arms. He smiles because it smells like Jungkook. That's when he realizes something isn't right. He's not on the ground. He's basically sleeping on a cloud, and everything smells like Jungkook. His eyes open and looks at the unfamiliar surroundings.   Paintings of colorful buildings and lakes scatter across the red walls. He looks at them in awe, but instead shakes his head, he needs to get up. He gets up and winces at the pain. Those guys were going to kill him, but luckily he had money on him. He winced with each step, he walked out of the room and everything was quiet except for the quiet clanking sounds, which he followed. He walked into Jungkook stirring a pot of some sort, and he looked quite concentrated. V clears his throat and Jungkook nearly drops his spoon.

"V, you're up, you scared me!" Jungkook practically shouts, something V never heard before.
"Where am I?" V was curious and he thinks he knows the answer.
"Don't be mad, I just didn't know where else to take you, but you're at my house." V groans. He knew Jungkook had some money, but as he was walking around, he knew Jungkook had a lot of money. Jungkook looks nervous as he fiddles with his shirt.
"It's okay, it was an emergency, I really need to sit down though, I'm in a lot of pain." Jungkook hurries and helps V to the couch, he leaves and comes back with ice packs and puts them on spots that require them. He then hands him the controller and tells him he can watch what he wants. Jungkook walks away back into the kitchen.

V hasn't watched television since he was eight. He always wondered what was happening in the world. He searches through the channels until he lands on the news. The lady talks about deaths, traffic, and weather.

"Another amazing hotel was built out in Tokyo, Japan only weeks ago, and right now it's the most popular one there! It's nearly impossible to book a reservation for the next six months! This wonderful hotel was designed, built, and owned by Jeon Co.!" The camera then switches over to an older man smiling towards the camera.

"We have managed to get Mr. Jeon to come and talk to us even with his busy schedule. So Mr. Jeon your company has managed to do all of this, and it's even spreading worldwide! Who was the one that came up with the building design and the inside interior and design?"

"None other than my wonderful son, Jungkook! He works so hard and we always have great results!"

"Does he plan on taking over the company?"

"Sadly no, but we have found a trusted person to take care of it. Jungkook is happy with designing."

"Jungkook moved out when he was 18, do you see him often." Mr. Jeon's eye twitches, but quickly composes himself. If you weren't looking closely you wouldn't have noticed, but V did.

"I don't see him much, sadly, he is really dedicated to his work, but we sometimes get calls, we are proud of our son." V sees through his fake smile and turns off the television. People were too fake, but it seemed like no one noticed, V sighs. He begins to laugh as he remembers Jungkook has the same name as the boy on the television, but his laugh slowly dies down. The boy on tv moved out at 18, didn't contact the parents, draws building, and his mind flashes to the Jungkook he knows, moved out at 18, doesn't contact parents, and happens to have paintings of buildings all in his room. Could it be, that Jungkook, is Jeon Jungkook. He starts thinking harder until a bowl of soup is placed in front of him.

"Sorry I took long, I usually don't cook and get takeout. I hope it taste good." Jungkook smiles and begins to eat. V takes a bite and it actually is really good.

"Jungkook can I ask you a question?" Jungkook hums and takes this as a queue to continue.

"What do you do for your job, I mean, you obviously have a lot of money." Jungkook chokes on his soup, but quickly pulls himself back together.

"Sorry, it was sudden and you've never seemed interested in what I do, it surprised me. I'm an architecture and designer for a big company, so I get paid well." Jungkook says calmly.

"What's your real name?" Jungkook raises his eyebrow.

"Why does it matter?" Jungkook tilts his head, V looks serious.

"Tell me your name now!" V raises his voice, and not in a playful way, but more of a harsh way.

"Jeon Jungkook." Jungkook says it quietly, tears welling in his eyes. V had scared him, he didn't want to get hurt, he knew V wouldn't hurt him, but getting yelled at so much at such a young age caused him to have such a reaction. He watches V's face soften and then turn harsh again.

"I'm leaving." V walks towards the door and starts to open it.

"Wait! You can't leave! I... I like you V!" Jungkook shouts and he can't believe he finally admitted his feelings.

"Well, I don't like you." And with that the door slams and V is gone, and Jungkook slides down on the floor and sits. He cries, he doesn't know what to do. He screwed up.

Jungkook picks up his phone and dial a number he hasn't dialed in two years.

"Hello, Yoongi?"

 

 

 

 

AN

Sweats. I read over this and some of the sentences sound super awkward, whoops. Will edit this story when I feel like it, also sorry if this did not meet your expectations, and if it did, well I hope you enjoyed the first part! Part 2 will be tomorrow. Thank you!(Also thank you for the subscribers even before I posted the story!)