^^

Without you

 

Minho swallowed as he stared across at Jonghyun and Jinki, and the way they were holding hands. Minho blinked, wondering what they wanted to tell him. Surely they hadn't moved on, surely they weren't telling him that they didn't like him anymore. Minho nodded his head and then sat down, blinking again when he saw how Jinki was mouthing something to Jonghyun, he looked nervous and unsure. It was hard for Minho to just sit there, on the opposite couch from the other two.

 

“Yeah, what did you … want to tell me?” Minho's voice came out rougher than he intended and he winced, leaning back. The last thing Minho wanted was to sound needy and desperate even if that was what he was. “I really missed you guys, I've been trying to get in touch with you both,” Minho told himself to shut up, to stop babbling and stop sounding so damn pathetic.

 

“We're together now,” Jonghyun lifted Jinki's hand up, holding it tightly, “So if you think you like one of us, you have to take us both.” Jonghyun raised one eyebrow as he stared across at Minho, who just let his jaw drop open in surprise. What the hell? They were together, and yet Jonghyun was saying that? Minho swallowed, did Jinki and Jonghyun really like each other? Did they even still like him anymore?

 

“Since... when?” Minho frowned, “this seems... really sudden.” Jonghyun shrugged and then grinned across at Minho before turning to look at Jinki, and offering him a tender smile.

 

“Not long,” Jinki shifted, “just recently, um Jonghyun came to visit me and he wouldn't leave without me.” Jinki admitted with a soft laugh and a shrug. Minho nodded his head, blinking as he processed that information. So Kibum had obviously told Jonghyun where Jinki was, that pissed him off a little bit, but then Minho was just glad to see them both.

 

“I'm just glad to see you both,” Minho nodded, “this is really awkward because I love you both.” Minho swallowed and then looked down at his hands. There was no way he could just ask them both to move in with him, to be with him.

 

“Yeah,” Jonghyun rolled his eyes, “or you think you love us both. You do like us both, so we're here now and guess what.” Jonghyun winked and smirked across at Minho whose head was spinning as he sat there staring.

 

“We're not going anywhere.” Jonghyun grinned, “Sorry Minho but I was sick to death of you just ing moping and pushing us both away.” Jonghyun shrugged again, and Minho felt that guilt rising up again, making him want to be sick.

 

“Jjong,” Jinki touched Jonghyun on the arm lightly, “maybe we shouldn't say anymore.”

 

“Nah it,” Jonghyun shrugged, “Minho I know how ing troubled you were. So us moving in, is fine right? You're not going to avoid us again are you?” Jonghyun pinned Minho against the wall with his stare, and Minho just nodded his head. No he had avoided them enough and now he was just so glad to have them both back in his life.

 

ΞΘΞ

 

“How... is this going to work?” Jinki asked Jonghyun in a faint voice, frowning across at him, “you stretched the truth.” Jinki's voice dropped lower as if Minho would hear them even though he was in another room. Jonghyun just lifted his shoulders and waved his arms out in front of him.

 

“You know I had to,” Jonghyun muttered, “it was the only way, unless you wanted to never see Minho again?” Jonghyun raised one eyebrow as he eyed Jinki intently. Jinki swallowed and just sat there, it was true, all of it was true.

 

“Don't forget I was the one who heard you talking about Minho and how much you liked him, except I didn't know it was my Minho at the time.” Jonghyun sighed, “I wouldn't have done this for anyone else but you hyung. I owe you this at least, after all you did for me.” Jonghyun nodded his head slowly and Jinki felt a little guilty.

 

“I'm sorry, why didn't you... just force Minho to forget me?” Jinki blinked, he had heard it before but he found it hard to imagine that Minho had really pushed Jonghyun away like that. “I mean Minho loves you, he really loves you, there probably isn't much point in me being here.”

 

“Minho is stubborn hyung, like you,” Jonghyun rolled his eyes, “I know he was missing you too, so this seemed to be the best solution.” Jonghyun offered Jinki a wide grin, not admitting that he hoped that Minho would get Jinki out of his system and things would go back to just the two of them.

 

ΞΘΞ

 

Minho felt so much happier when he woke and found Jonghyun and Jinki bickering at the table. Seeing both of them made Minho just want to sit there and smile forever. It felt great to finally be spending time with them, but it did feel awkward when Minho wasn't sure how it was meant to work. Was he meant to be involved with them too or not? Minho sighed, it was complicated but he felt much happier to be with them both.

 

“Have you moved all your stuff in?” Minho asked with a smile, looking from Jinki to Jonghyun, who both nodded their heads. “Good, honestly it feels great to have you both here.” Minho glanced down at the table, feeling a little awkward when he saw how Jonghyun smirked and Jinki beamed across at him.

 

“It's good to be here too,” Jonghyun nodded his head slowly, “I missed you, you idiot.” Jonghyun shook his head slowly, glancing across at Minho with a mock stern expression, making Minho roll his eyes and grin across at Jonghyun.

 

“It's nice to live here,” Jinki commented, “honestly it's nicer than living with Taemin and Kibum, but shush don't tell them that.” Jinki grinned and Minho laughed softly, leaning across to grasp Jinki's hand tightly.

 

“That's because we love you hyung,” Minho squeezed Jinki's hand, before reaching for Jonghyun's so he was holding both. “So of course you like it more here. Sorry, I shouldn't be like this when you guys are together?” Minho bit his lip and instantly let go of their hands.

 

“Don't be sorry,” Jinki frowned and shook his head, “why do you think we're here? To rub it in your face that we're together? Really you think that?” Jinki sighed and turned to look at Jonghyun, raising his eyebrows as if to say 'this is your fault'.

 

“Hyung is right, we're here because we both love you too, you idiot.” Jonghyun sighed softly before he leaned forward to reach for both of their hands and he held them tightly. “We're here because we both want you.” Minho felt heat surging up in his limbs, everything seemed to be spinning and he felt dizzy, high and so light headed. It felt so good to hear that, it was the best thing he had ever heard.

 

ΞΘΞ

 

“So our deal is still on,” Jonghyun mumbled when he cornered Jinki in the bathroom, his toothbrush, digging into Jinki's ribs, “Our arrangement, we just need to make sure that Minho doesn't find out about it.” Jonghyun smirked across at Jinki, not about to admit that he had only suggested everything to Jinki because he was just desperate to be with Minho any way possible.

 

“Okay, I figured it was,” Jinki shrugged, edging back to escape the sharp edge of the toothbrush, but Jonghyun's eyes narrowed down and the toothbrush chased after Jinki, continuing to stab him in the chest. “What?” Jinki frowned up at Jonghyun's, it was obvious he was wondering why Jonghyun was acting this way.

 

“Sorry I just wanted to remind you,” Jonghyun pulled his hand back, no longer stabbing Jinki anymore, “I know it , but there is no way Minho really loves us both. It's not possible. I'm sorry hyung, I know this but what else can we do?” Jonghyun shook his head slowly, trying to ignore the voice that whispered in his head, you could just agree to live with Jinki and Minho, and accept and love them both? Or is that too noble for you?

 

“Yeah I know, we need to compete for his love,” Jinki rolled his eyes, “although neither of us have got very far with that. With Minho thinking we're together, what are we going to do about that?” Jinki frowned across at Jonghyun, and Jonghyun smirked to himself, because he had the best plan.

 

“Oh, I'm sure we'll figure something out,” Jonghyun shrugged his shoulders carefully, pouting across at Jinki. After all Jonghyun figured he had to win, somehow, he had to make Jinki leave. There was no way that Jonghyun would be the one leaving, no he was certain Minho must love him. Therefore he needed an edge, and Jonghyun grinned internally thinking he had found it.

 

ΞΘΞ

 

Jonghyun pinned Minho against the kitchen counter, fingers deftly sliding under Minho's shirt as he leaned in to kiss him deeply. Minho moaned, and tried to push Jonghyun back, but when Jonghyun kissed him harder and Minho tugged him closer, Jonghyun knew he had won. Jonghyun let his hands slide up Minho's firm chest, tugging his shirt away at the same time, and kissing him until he was breathless.

 

“Wait, what about Jinki?” Minho panted, and Jonghyun pouted slightly, feeling himself wilt a little. What about Jinki he wanted to ask, biting his lip as he stared across at Minho. “I mean,” Minho sounded breathless and he panted softly, as Jonghyun continued to look at him, hands his firm stomach softly, and inching their way down towards his groin. Jonghyun knew he was making Minho fall apart with every , and it excited him so much.

 

“I mean,” Minho panted, wetting his lips and shaking his head as Jonghyun's fingers dipped into his pants, “you guys are together, I don't want to ruin things between you.” Minho groaned, eyes sliding shut as Jonghyun pressed his hand deeper, and Jonghyun wanted to groan in frustration, why was Minho thinking of Jinki right now?

 

“It's fine, you know we love you,” Jonghyun whispered, leaning in to press feather light kisses across Minho's cheek, leaning up towards his earlobe. Minho shivered against him and Jonghyun continued to trail kisses across him. Until Minho pushed Jonghyun back, swapping their position so that Jonghyun was now pressed up against the counter being attacked by Minho. Jonghyun smiled to himself softly, of course he was going to beat Jinki, and force him to leave and then things would be back to normal again.

 

ΞΘΞ

 

Minho felt guilty after he slept with Jonghyun, and as soon as the older was out he approached Jinki and told him that they'd slept together. Minho expected Jinki to be upset and he was, but somehow he seemed okay about it, nodding his head and just smiling across at him. A part of Minho wanted Jinki to be upset, to show that he cared, but then he realised it was better if they were going to live together for Jinki to be able to accept when Jonghyun and Minho were together.

 

“It's fine,” Jinki sighed, pressing his hands together, “I know you love each other,” Jinki shrugged, he knew there was no point in getting upset and he also knew that he would probably be the one who had to leave. Jinki was shocked when Minho suddenly hugged him tightly, pulling him into his arms and just holding him. Jinki clung to Minho, smiling until he felt Minho's hands slipping under his clothes, his back lightly.

 

“I love you too,” Minho whispered, “I love you so much,” Minho pulled back and began to kiss Jinki lightly, feeling so much happiness at being with Jinki again. It had been far too long since he had kissed him, and one thing led to another. Minho sound found that kissing wasn't nearly enough, and he pushed Jinki down onto the couch, planning to devour every single part of him, and he wouldn't stop until he heard Jinki and whimpering breathlessly.

 

ΞΘΞ

 

Jonghyun soon found that competing with Jinki was turning out to be harder than anticipated, he had never realised how competitive Jinki could be. Jonghyun thought it would be easy, but instead he found himself battling to win Minho's affection and worst of all Jonghyun sound found himself growing attached to Jinki too. It was strange, but Jonghyun began to realised that he didn't want Jinki to leave at all. It was so much fun having Jinki around, and Jonghyun began to realise that he wanted Jinki too. Jonghyun began to think he was losing the plot and then he began to understand why Minho had been so wound up and upset by liking both of them.

 

Jonghyun however just took it in his stride, it did mess with his head for a little while but he was smart enough to realise that if he left, Jinki would assume it was related to the bet. And that was something that Jonghyun could not stand. Jonghyun realised he was going to have to confront Jinki, and tell him exactly how he felt, and it scared him because maybe Jinki didn't feel the same way about him.

 

The kitchen was too small for Jonghyun to pace around, so he soon moved into the living room and there he paced round and round whilst waiting for Jinki to get home. Jonghyun pouted as he checked his watch, thinking that Jinki was late and then the next moment, Jinki burst into the room and Jonghyun stopped dead when he saw Jinki standing there glancing curiously across at him.

 

“What did you want to talk to me about?” Jinki sounded nervous and he eyed Jonghyun cautiously and he realised that Jinki was worried he was going to kick him out of the house, “Jjong?” Jinki repeated walking closer to Jonghyun, and Jonghyun felt incredibly nervous again. What was he going to say to Jinki, how could he tell him that maybe he didn't want him to leave either. Biting his lip Jonghyun opened his mouth to speak, when there was a sound and Jonghyun turned to see Minho standing there.

 

“Minho?” Jinki whirled to see Minho, “how come you're home early?” Jinki blinked, and Jonghyun gaped, he had picked a time to talk to Jinki when Minho was still at work, except he was now here too. Minho just grinned across at both of them as he made his way over.

 

“I finished work early, I thought we should spend some time together. Or go and do something fun, do you wanna do that?” Minho asked looking from Jinki to Jonghyun, and Jonghyun realised that he had lost his chance but somehow seeing the way Minho and Jinki smiled brightly, it was okay, it really was okay. Jonghyun found himself nodding his head eagerly and it was hard to imagine that they had only been living together for a few weeks, it felt much longer than that.

 

ΞΘΞ

 

At first it was incredibly awkward for all three of them living together but over the space of a few weeks, months things seemed to even out into some kind of pattern. Jonghyun and Jinki ended up spending a lot of time together when Minho was at work, because they had so much in common. When Minho got back from work (he finished later than Jinki) the three settled down to joke, and mock each other around the table.

 

Minho had never felt happier, watching the two of them fight and bicker, somehow it made him feel at home. Mostly Minho slept with Jonghyun, still sharing a bedroom because it was their room. Sometimes he felt guilty about only really showering Jinki with affection and attention when Jonghyun wasn’t around. At times Minho was worried Jinki would just leave, but he was also unsure about how happy Jonghyun would be if he just kissed him or slept with Jinki when Jonghyun was home. But one day, they were having on the couch, when Jonghyun came home early from shopping. Minho and Jinki froze in place, but Jonghyun just shrugged, “Don’t mind me, carry on!” And walked away, stunning both Minho and Jinki.

 

“I’d rather it be out in the open,” Jonghyun mentioned over dinner, “than you two sneaking behind my back. I’ve come to accept that we all share things,” Jonghyun shrugged and Jinki guiltily looked across at Minho and nodded, it was true, they should just do things out in the open. A part of Jinki didn’t think it would work out, but in the end he forgot about what Jonghyun had said and just realised how happy he was. How happy both Jonghyun and Minho made him. At first it hurt when he heard them having , but then Minho would come to Jinki’s bed other days, and it just felt all too perfect when he was with Minho.

 

The next step was naturally all of them sleeping together, and at first it was a little strange and weird. But on another level it was amazing. Jonghyun felt like his eyes were opened wide when he saw how aggressive and Jinki got during . Jonghyun no longer felt resentful towards Jinki, and one day he realised that he was glad and happy that Jinki was there. Somehow the three of them rounded each other off, and stopped them from fighting over silly things. Jonghyun always meant to tell Jinki that the bet was off, but he somehow never got around to it, assuming Jinki knew anyway.

 

Minho realised it was all about sharing, and the happiest moments where when the three of them were sprawled across the couch watching reruns of old dramas. Jonghyun would forever tease Jinki about his taste in silly, over the top comedies, but then Jinki would mock Jonghyun’s love of sappy romantic dramas. Minho would just laugh and change the channel onto sport, secretly liking the way Jinki and Jonghyun would then tackle him. Inevitably it always turned to them having amazing on the couch.

 

Each day that they spent together, Minho really realised that Jinki’s bright happy personality, balanced out his silent more reserved one, and the fact that Jonghyun was energetic and confident somehow made both Jinki and Minho more confident. It was strange but Minho didn’t want to question it, instead he just smiled happily, thinking they were the luckiest guys in the world to have each other.

 

ΞΘΞ

 

“What’s wrong Jjong,” Jinki poked Jonghyun with his clean spoon, blinking as he stared across at Jonghyun who wasn’t eating. “Are you feeling okay? Are you sick? Is it your throat? Jjong, are you okay?” Jinki mumbled out rapidly, getting up and going over to where Jonghyun sat, his forehead creased with worry. Minho bit his lip, staring anxiously across at Jonghyun.

 

“I got my next appointment,” Jonghyun sighed, shoulders slumping, “it’s early I think they found something in my last results. It must be back.” Jonghyun pouted, fidgeting with the untouched bowl of rice, until both Minho and Jinki were holding onto him tightly.

 

“Do you want us to come with you?” Minho offered first, “I can take the day off work if you want?” Jinki nodded his head, he would come too, after all he hated to see Jonghyun like this. Jonghyun bit his lip, sighing before he shook his head slowly. Jonghyun would feel guilty if Minho and Jinki took a day off work, but at the same time his stomach churned at the thought of the appointment.

 

“Are you sure?” Jinki frowned, “I’m owed a day off since I did all that overtime last month. I could take it that day.” Jinki volunteered with a small smile, squeezing Jonghyun’s hand warmly. Jonghyun swallowed a lump in his throat as he looked down at where Minho held his hand, and then over to where Jinki held his other hand. Jonghyun felt so much better with them both there.

 

“How about if instead we go and do something fun before? I’d feel bad if you take the day off just to go with me to the hospital.” Jonghyun frowned, “What if we go somewhere for the day, and have a picnic or something?” Jonghyun shifted forward, blinking as he looked from Minho to Jinki, grinning when they both smiled and nodded.

 

“That sounds like fun,” Minho grinned smiling across at both of his lovers, “And we’ve all been really busy. I think it’d be nice to have a day to unwind and do something relaxing.” Jinki let out a faint sound, nodding his head again, unconsciously rubbing his thumb over Jonghyun’s fingers lightly.

 

ΞΘΞ

 

The weather was perfect as they spread the blanket down on the grass. It was a brilliant spring day, just warm enough that they didn’t need thick winter clothes. Jonghyun shut his eyes as he flopped back on the blanket, the sunshine and warmth somehow pushing the dark cloud of thoughts out of his head. When he opened one eye, Jonghyun laughed seeing Minho and Jinki bickering about who was going to sit where.

 

“But I want to sit there!” Minho frowned, “why does it matter to you hyung?” Minho pouted, stamping his foot lightly. Jonghyun giggled softly, sitting up and leaning on his elbows to watch them bicker. It was an unusual sight, usually he argued playfully with Jinki, but it was cute to see the two loves of his life arguing.

 

“Well so do I!” Jinki frowned, “the sun is going to get in my eyes, you’re tall enough to avoid it!” Jinki frowned, pressing his hands to his hips. Jonghyun smiled brighter and then he shifted over, purposely sitting in the spot his two lovers wanted.

 

“Psh you guys were too slow,” Jonghyun called out loudly, as he stretched his arms out, “I claim all of the blanket. You two can just stand there and get things for me, you know. Wait on me hand and foot.” Jonghyun winked, just managing to hold back his laughter as he saw the shocked expressions across their faces.

 

“Just kidding, Minho sit next to me, and Jinki sit next to Minho? So we can share Minho,” Jonghyun grinned up at Jinki, “Just like the old days right?” Jonghyun smiled, feeling incredibly happy as the two sat down next to him. Jonghyun felt so glad he had suggested this because it was turning into a great day.

 

“It’s kind of amazing right,” Jonghyun murmured more to himself, “I mean how well we work together, the three of us. It’s kind of perfect.” Jonghyun paused and then he turned to look at both Minho and Jinki, “And I love you both, neither of you better leave? Okay?”

 

“Haha you’re such a sap,” Minho laughed punching Jonghyun in the arm lightly, “you know I had no plans of leaving you two idiots.” Minho smirked as Jonghyun pouted across at him, rubbing his arm and Jinki batted his eyes looking sadly across at Minho.

 

“But I love you both anyway,” Minho reached for their hands, “I hope…that somehow you both feel the same way.” Minho shrugged before laughing when Jonghyun pressed his head against Minho’s side. Minho could feel Jonghyun’s breath against his neck. Minho shut his eyes as Jonghyun kissed him softly. Minho couldn’t stop smiling as he felt Jinki holding his hand tightly, wrapping his arm around Minho and Jonghyun’s torsos.

 

ΞΘΞ

 

“You really do love him don’t you?” Jonghyun murmured as he traced a path down Minho’s torso, watching the way Minho’s breathing grew irregular as he slid his fingers lower. “I mean I guessed it, but you really do, don’t you? You’re not just saying it are you?” Jonghyun whispered softer, pressing his lips against Minho’s neck, smiling when Minho let out a soft hiss of pleasure.

 

“Mmm, yeah I do,” Minho panted, eyes sliding shut as Jonghyun’s fingers continued to by dancing lightly across his lower body. “But let’s not talk about Jinki now,” Minho opened his eyes, looking strongly across at Jonghyun before he attacked his lips. Jonghyun let out a faint sound, smiling as he traced imaginary lines lower across Minho’s skin, pleased that for once he had Minho all to himself. Jinki was away on some school trip for some night. Jonghyun loved living with both Minho and Jinki, but sometimes the testosterone with three males living together got a bit much.

 

Minho groaned his eyes squeezed shut when Jonghyun shifted, pressing heated kisses across Minho’s . Shivers running down his spine when Jonghyun’s mouth slowly closed over his head, Minho’s body shuddering from the way Jonghyun’s tongue fluttered against his skin. Each sensation making his head spin, and his hips erratically jerking up and it didn’t take long before he moaned out loudly and came.

 

Hours later both Minho and Jonghyun were still awake, their bodies sweaty and exhausted, and they were both half awake. Minho snuggled against Jonghyun’s firm chest, rubbing his calf against Jonghyun’s and slowly touching his lower back lightly. Jonghyun let out a contented sigh, letting his eyes slide shut as he lay there pressed against Minho.

 

“You’re still worrying aren’t you?” Minho breathed out heavily, his breath hot against Jonghyun’s sweaty skin but it felt soothing somehow. “It’s going to be fine, you’re going to be fine don’t worry so much.” Jonghyun opened his eyes, biting his lip as he gazed across at Minho.

 

“I just have a bad feeling, what if it’s coming back?” Jonghyun sighed and bit his lip, “I don’t want to lose you and Jinki, and I don’t want to make you guys suffer. I’ve already hurt you enough,” Jonghyun lowered his head, biting his lip and looking so guilty making Minho pout. Minho inhaled and leaned forward to pepper Jonghyun’s face with tender kisses, he hated to see Jonghyun this worked up and upset.

 

“You’ll be fine, and don’t stress about it baby, I love you. And everything’s going to work out, trust me.” Minho smiled loosely wrapping his arms around Jonghyun, until the other felt soothed and slightly better. Jonghyun grinned across at Minho before he kissed him. Somehow Minho had that effect of making him feel better, and Jonghyun felt the stress melt away as he looked into Minho’s calm gaze.

 

ΞΘΞ

 

“Want me to come with you?”

 

Jonghyun looked up from his bowl of cereal, the spoon balanced somewhere between the bowl and his mouth. Milk dripped onto the table top, and Jinki wrinkled his nose as he noticed how Jonghyun’s mouth was half open. Jinki shook his head slowly, as he sat opposite next Jonghyun, he didn’t think his words were that shocking. But Jonghyun looked paler than usual, his eyes didn’t have their usual spark of humour and Jinki noticed how stiffly he held the spoon.

 

“Uh,” Jonghyun put the spoon back down into the bowl, “I thought we discussed this already hyung. We went on that picnic instead did you forget hyung?” Jonghyun blinked across at Jinki, looking like he might fall asleep on top of his cereal. Jinki shook his head slowly, he just thought Jonghyun looked like he could do with some moral support.

 

“I know, I just hate seeing you this worried and tense,” Jinki chewed on his lip before he sighed softly, reaching across to grasp Jonghyun’s hand tightly, “I just want to help you, I care about you too. It’s not only Minho that I care about,” Jinki’s cheeks coloured slightly and he looked down as if too shy to meet Jonghyun’s gaze. Jonghyun gaped even more and then let out a faint giggle – it sounded half as lively as usual but it was better than nothing.

 

“Uhh hyung, what is up with you today?” Jonghyun cocked his head to one side, half smiling as he studied Jinki’s face intently, “getting all shy and cute, it’s so adorable! And I mean I knew that, you made it pretty obvious you cared about me too. You idiot, you know I care about you too.” Jonghyun’s voice dropped to a whisper and he touched Jinki’s cheek lightly, as Jinki looked up meeting Jonghyun’s gaze and smiling across at him.

 

“Awww you guys are so cute,” Minho half sang as he walked into the kitchen, smiling as he saw Jonghyun and Jinki’s touching display. Jonghyun and Jinki looked over and smiled across at Minho, making Minho feel his heart thud in his chest. Minho felt so lucky to have met them both, and there was no doubt in his mind that he loved them both.

 

“Morning Minho,” Jonghyun grinned, “you’re cute too!” He added with a wave of his spoon, spots of milk scattering across the table, and both Minho and Jinki laughed.

 

“Morning,” Jinki smiled brightly across at Minho, “I hope I didn’t wake you up?” Jinki bit his lip, feeling guilty for making a bit of noise in the bedroom, but Minho immediately shook his head. Jinki smiled and nodded his head again.

 

“Morning, hey Jjong what time is the appointment?” Minho sat down at the end of the table, reaching across to grasp Jonghyun’s hand, smiling as he slipped his over top of Jonghyun’s and Jinki’s hand. “You can call us at any time if you hear anything.” Jinki nodded his head furiously, squeezing Jonghyun’s hand as well.

 

“Uh, around 11-ish ,” Jonghyun tried to shrug but his shoulders looked tense and he still looked a little nervous. Minho couldn’t understand why he was so nervous this time, he’d been to these appointments before but today he was completely shaken up. Well he had been for weeks, Minho frowned it didn’t make sense and he didn’t understand why Jonghyun was so convinced the cancer was back.

 

“Ah so you’ll be home when we finish work?” Minho asked and Jonghyun nodded his head once, “okay. Jjong, you know I love you and you’ll be fine baby. Seriously, just relax and smile because I’m sure you’ll be fine. And whatever the outcome, I love you. I love you so much.” Minho leaned across the table to kiss Jonghyun, sliding his eyes shut as he deepened the kiss. Minho wanted Jonghyun to know how much he loved him, and when he pulled back, Jinki was right there. Minho smiled as Jinki kissed Jonghyun too, grinning when they pulled back at Jonghyun looked more of his normal self.

 

ΞΘΞ

 

Minho smiled as he unlocked the door, pushing the door open quickly. His shoes left sprawled in his haste to get inside. Minho breathed out as he looked around the lounge, it was quieter than he expected. Minho frowned when he saw Jinki calmly sitting on the couch looking down at his phone expectantly, earphones in his ears. Minho sighed and walked across, feeling the thud of his heart in his chest as he sat down next to Jinki.

 

“Oh!” Jinki smiled looking across at Minho before he pulled the earphone out, “sorry didn’t hear you come home.” Jinki leaned in across and rested his head against Minho’s shoulder lightly, the ends of his hair brushing Minho’s neck, sending shivers down his body. Unconsciously Minho reached for Jinki’s hand, holding onto to it tightly, and sitting like that with Jinki he forget for a second or two why he was rushing home.

 

“It’s okay,” Minho smiled leaning against Jinki, loving the way he nuzzled his head against Minho’s shoulder and neck. “Hey where is Jjong?” Minho finally whispered, blinking when Jinki shifted, tilting his head back to shake his head at Minho.

 

“He’s not home yet, I think he might still be at the hospital,” Jinki shrugged his shoulders looked tense, and Minho could feel the edge in the air, the heavy pulse crushing his lungs and making it hard to breathe. “His phone is switched off, so I guess he must still be there.” Jinki pursed his lips together, and Minho swallowed the lump in his throat, trying not to think he was right, , he was right. The cancer must be back! Minho didn’t know what to do or think, he shivered slightly, shutting his eyes.

 

Minho felt a little better when Jinki curled against him, pressing his head against Minho’s firm chest, lips soft against his t-shirt. Minho inhaled deeply, wrapping his arms around Jinki’s firm torso, one hand tangling in his honey blond hair. Minho opened his eyes slowly, glancing down at Jinki, smiling a little when he saw how Jinki was trembling against him. Minho swallowed and opened his mouth to speak, but he had no idea what he should say or do.

 

“Minho,” Jinki lifted his head slowly, biting on his lip as he glanced around nervously and then he closed the distance between them. Minho blinked when Jinki kissed him, his soft, but slightly chapped lips brushing against his, and it was so innocent that at first Minho wanted to tug Jinki closer, and just kiss him harder. But then Minho saw Jinki’s eyes and something inside him snapped, Minho swallowed and let Jinki pull away, even if he just wanted to pull him closer.

 

“Let’s go,” Jinki murmured running a tongue over his lower lip, “come on, let’s go now.” Jinki stood up, holding Minho’s hand tightly, for a second Minho was confused but he knew what Jinki meant. Nodding his head Minho slid off the couch, feeling so glad there was Jinki. Because Minho knew in a way, he’d never get through any of this alone, and because he could see that Jinki loved Jonghyun too. It should hurt to be in this kind of relationship, but instead it made Minho happy. Minho had never imagined it was possible to love two people, but his heart showed him how it was done.

 

ΞΘΞ

 

At the pedestrian crossing, Jinki sighed when he glanced ahead and saw Minho marching off determined to get to the hospital. Jinki bit his lip and hurried, almost stumbling when he almost tripped on a traffic cone, and Jinki turned to frown, wondering why the road was barricaded off. The cones set out to mark a barrier, and Jinki saw a piece of fabric just sitting in the middle of the road. Maybe there was an accident? Hm, who knows. Jinki blinked and then swore when he saw that the green light was flashing. Jinki bit his lip, there he was daydreaming and stopping to look at everything when he should be rushing to the hospital with Minho.

 

Cursing himself softly, Jinki ran to catch up to Minho, wishing that he wasn’t always distracted by everything. Jinki breathed out softly when he grasped Minho’s hand, smiling when the other turned to look at him. Jinki’s stomach was churning slightly, but he managed a half hearted smile for Minho’s sake. I hope Jonghyun is okay, he has to fight it. God he has to be okay.

 

Once inside the hospital it took all over Jinki’s efforts to stop Minho from punching someone, anyone. Jinki bit his lip, as he tried to calm Minho down. Jinki breathed in deeply as they sat on the plastic chairs, waiting for anything, or for Jonghyun to walk out. After another hour, when the receptionist changed, Jinki squeezed Minho’s hand and went to try again.

 

“Hi,” Jinki offered a soft smile to the receptionist, his fingers digging into the bench top, he felt so tense and wound up. “I’m just trying to find Kim Jonghyun, who had an appointment today. I was wondering if he was possibly admitted.” Jinki looked right into her eyes, please, please just help us.

 

“I’m sorry but I can’t release patient information to just anyone, how are you related to Jonghyun?” The lady looked across at Jinki frostily, and Jinki swallowed, feeling his insides turn to ice.

 

“I’m his… boyfriend,” Jinki finally let out, with a faint smile. Sighing when he realised she wasn’t going to tell them anything either. It frustrated him how they wouldn’t even reveal if Jonghyun had shown up for his appointment or anything. Because they weren’t explicitly related they refused to release any information about Jonghyun. The worst thing about it was the fact that phones had to be switched off, so they knew it wouldn’t be easy for Jonghyun to contact them either.

 

When Jinki turned back to face Minho, tail between his legs, the other punched the wall groaning with irritation. Jinki clung to Minho’s hand, trying to soothe him as they made their way home. Minho was silent, and Jinki saw no point in trying to initiate a conversation, he felt irritated too. The house was still empty when they stepped in, but the phone blinked at them all at once raising their hopes.

 

This is a message for Kim Jonghyun, this is Doctor Park from Seoul National University Hospital. Jonghyun, I wish you’d waited to hear the results instead of leaving! Anyway you’re all fine, the cancer is gone. But to be safe we will continue to monitor you for the next year just to be safe…

 

Minho’s eyes widened in surprise and he began to laugh softly at first but then Jinki joined in. They hugged each other and shouted excitedly about how Jonghyun had beaten the cancer.

 

“I bet he’s off sulking by himself somewhere,” Minho smiled across at Jinki, “thinking he still has cancer! Still I wish he’d turn his phone on so we could tell him the good news! Or just even talk to him, you know?” Jinki smiled across at Minho, trying to hide the fact that something still felt off, he still felt like something was wrong.

 

“Yeah I guess so, I hope he comes back soon. I can’t help but worry you know.” Jinki shook his head slowly, “I’m silly but I can’t help it.” Jinki bit his lip, shutting his eyes when Minho pulled him into his arms holding onto him tightly. The television muted in the background, as they began to kiss softly at first and then more passionately. They missed all the news, and the television flickered on silently all night, as Minho and Jinki lay curled together, limbs tangled and the smell of hung in the air.

 

Jinki’s hands tracing soft paths down Minho’s body in the morning sunlight, his eyes shutting when Minho rolled him over. Jinki moaned loudly, when Minho kissed his way down his back, hands his thighs tenderly, as Minho kissed his lower back. Jinki’s whimpers growing into almost screams when Minho’s tongue pushed into him, each touch velvety soft and making Jinki’s head spin with need.  It was only later when they lay sated and content, wondering why Jonghyun hadn’t joined them, that they remembered Jonghyun still hadn’t come home.

 

ΞΘΞ

 

Minho sighed as he sat down on the grass, spreading out comfortably, and smiling as he watched Jinki run over towards the stream. Jinki laughed and then crouched down peering down at the stream, the water making a soft tinkling sound as it skipped over the rocks. Minho laughed and sat up just watching him, suddenly wishing Jonghyun was there too. He would’ve loved the weather, Minho sighed and then pulled a postcard out of his pocket.

 

“Hey,” Jinki murmured as he flopped down next to Minho, “is that what you wrote?” Jinki cocked his head to the side before he pulled out a postcard too, setting it down on the grass between them. Minho breathed out slowly and placed his down next to Jinki’s.

 

“Man, I wish Jonghyun would hurry the back to us,” Minho sighed, biting his lip, “it’s been a year! He doesn’t have cancer, he better have a damn good excuse as to why he left us.” Minho shook his head frowning slightly, as pressed against Jinki lightly.

 

“After all that about telling us not to leave him!” Minho snapped, leaning towards Jinki for support, “I will forgive him, but maybe not right away.” Minho’s eyes narrowed down slightly, he didn’t understand it at all. After that hospital appointment Jonghyun was just gone. Minho tried to contact his family and then realised he’d never known where Jonghyun’s parents were or had even a number. Jonghyun had never been close to his family, and they hated the fact that he was gay.

 

“I miss him so much,” Jinki breathed out slowly, “we’re crazy doing this, but I want to.” Jinki reached for Minho’s hand, holding it tightly, and they both gazed out in front of them. They could both imagine Jonghyun sitting there laughing at them for being so sappy, but at the same time they just wished he would come back. There wasn’t a day that passed where they didn’t talk about Jonghyun, or mention something he had done in the past. There was no denying that Jinki and Minho were closer than ever, they still loved each other, but they also loved and missed Jonghyun too.

 

“Me too,” Minho smiled as he reached for his bag, ping it and pulling the glass bottle out. Minho read both of their postcards quietly and then he pushed them into the bottle, fastening the top tightly. “God, this is so dramatic and stupid.” Minho whispered as they got up and made their way to the stream.

 

“Like this would ever reach Jonghyun,” Minho sighed, gripping Jinki’s hand tighter and together they lowered the bottle into the water. “I mean what are we doing?” Minho blinked as they watched the glass bottle with their messages to Jonghyun bob away, floating forever away from them.

 

“We’re telling Jonghyun how much we love him,” Jinki glanced up at the soft blue sky, scattered with a few clouds, “and that we miss him dearly.” Minho couldn’t help but smile, as he glanced across at Jinki, and then he too looked up at the sky, suddenly feeling at peace. Minho had a sense that somehow Jonghyun would get their messages, and that he would know how much they loved him.

 

Minho whispered, “And how much we want him to come home to us,” as he slowly wrapped his arms around Jinki, holding him tightly. Minho clung to Jinki, feeling him nod his head against Minho’s chest, “I’m so glad I met you both, I love you Lee Jinki, and I love you Kim Jonghyun.” Minho mumbled right into Jinki’s ear, smiling as they stood there with the sunshine washing over them with warmth. Jinki and Minho walked away hours later, holding hands tightly, as a breeze caressed them gently, brushing over their hands like a lover’s touch. In their hearts they hoped that one day Jonghyun would come back to them, and they held onto that dream tightly.

 

ΞΘΞ