LET YOUR INNER KATHERINE HEPBURN SHINES

BRING ME TO LIFE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You know," Baekhyun said conversely. "This is really... weird"

"Tell your friend to shut up" Jongin snapped. "He didn't have to come"

I sighed for the hundredth times that day. "I need him, okay? He's like my wingman"

Baekhyun nodded agreeably. "Yeah, you hear that? I'm her wingman"

"Baek, he's right next to you" I pointed at Baekhyun's left side exasperatedly, watching Jongin blew on Baekhyun's ear and laughed before appearing right next to me. Baekhyun stiffened before shuddering visibly.

"I give up on both you idiots" I groaned.

Jongin and I were heading towards his house this morning. I dragged Baekhyun, too, because he's someone who can calm me down when I'm too nervous.

And right now, I'm freaking out over things we're about to be doing.

Jongin didn't like it one bit when Baekhyun happily tagged along with us. He said Baekhyun's only followed us to see Chanyeol again. When I relayed what Jongin said, Baekhyun yelled that he was a conceited jerk.

Then he dropped his voice and whispered a 'how did he know that', to which I swore to him I didn't tell Jongin at all.

My palms felt clammy when Jongin informed us that we're nearing his house. I glanced around the neighborhood and felt my stomach churning.

The houses, or should I say, mansions, in this area looked big enough to fit my entire shabby apartment block. I sighed quietly, great, another one of those rich boy who things came easily in his life.

But, seeing the situation he was in right now, maybe I spoke too soon to judge him.

Even Baekhyun had gone silent since we entered this rich neighborhood. I shot a glanced at him but he just gave me a sunny smile, hiding the uneasiness I'd caught in his eyes.

"We're here" Jongin's sudden declaration jolted me out of my own reverie and I stopped walking.

What I saw made my jaw dropped.

My breath hitched and I let out a strangled yelp. Beside me, Baekhyun stood stock-still, his eyes widened comically and his hands clenched tightly on his sides.

I rounded on Jongin in an instant but he took a large step backwards, away from my reach. He had a wary look on his face and his lips had turned into a thin line.

"Who are you?" I whispered, my eyes glancing between him and the palace behind me in anxiety.

"I'm not the President" he joked weakly.

Baekhyun tugged on my arm and shifted his weight from side to side. "What did he say, Jiyong?"

"That he's not the President" I answered him truthfully.

Baekhyun turned a confused face at me.

I shrugged but kept my eyes on Jongin. "Spill it out or I'm turning around and walk away from here"

Jongin bit his lips harshly, and he seemed to ponder something in his mind before exhaling.

"My dad's a... businessman. He owned a lot of money so I'm sorry if I offended you"

"What?" I sputtered. "Why is your dad a rich man would offend me?"

Jongin eyed me shrewdly. "I think you're a racist, why else would you threaten to walk away when you see how big my house is? Do you always ask the other spirit how much money they have?"

I gaped stupidly at him.

Baekhyun sidled up to me and nudged my sides. "Yah, what was he saying?"

I turned to Baekhyun. "He said I'm a racist because his house is big" I said in a dead voice.

Baekhyun glanced me before averting his eyes. "That's exactly what I said when you saw my house for the first time. You wanted to walk away, too. Apparently, you don't like rich people"

Jongin snickered from his spot.

I face-palmed myself. I felt like kicking something, particularly a snobbish spirit and a yapping best friend. But in the end, I figured it's best to just ignore the unnecessary things in life.

I started to walk but got pulled back by Jongin. I stumbled a little but he steadied me before I could face-plant to the ground.

"What now?" I hissed. "I'm going into your house, isn't that the whole point of being here?"

Jongin lifted his brow and the sudden change of my attitude and the corner of lips twitched, like he's trying to stop a grin from forming.

"You remember what you're suppose to say when they ask who you are?" he jerked his chin towards his home.

I nodded slightly. "I do, and let's get this show on the road, before I chicken out"

I turned to Baekhyun and grabbed his arm. "Ready, Baek?"

Baekhyun flipped his bangs to the side. "I was born ready, honey"

"You got my back?"

"I got your back"

We marched side by side as I heard Jongin muttered behind us. "I'm stuck with Buffy and her stupid faithful sidekick"

 

"Where is he? Let me see

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter