THE GIRLFRIEND

BRING ME TO LIFE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Did the spirit that tagged along with that Chanyeol guy follow you home?" Baekhyun asked quietly, nudging my foot with his.

I opened my eyes and gave him a look. "What do you think?"

He scratched his cheek. "Can you ask him Chanyeol's number for me? That spirit was following Chanyeol, maybe they're friends or something"

I ignored Baekhyun's annoying voice in favor of sleep. It was our break time and I'm not gonna spend it on spirit talk.

Besides, Baekhyun loved to listen to his voice so much, he didn't need me to speak at all, just the occasional nod of my head or a hum of agreement'll satisfy him.

After the endless drone of the talk of Chanyeol's , I decided to save myself from pouncing on Baekhyun and slice his throat off.

"Baek, you know any place in need of a part-timer?"

Baekhyun paused his babbling and gave me a look. I busied myself with staring at the ceiling to avoid from seeing his face.

"Again, Jiyong?" he said exasperatedly. "You're already working 2 jobs, you sure you can handle one more?"

I shrugged as nonchalantly as I can while lying down on the bench.

I heard Baekhyun heaved a sigh.

"You know I can lend you however much you need, Jiyong" Baekhyun said softly.

I smiled. "I haven't even pay you back for the money I owed you for my mom's last admittance, Baek"

"You're a stubborn biatch, you know that?" Baekhyun grumbled. "What's the point of having a rich bff if you can't take advantage of it?"

I laughed so hard I had to sit up and so I could breathed easily. Baekhyun shook his head but he let out a quiet chuckle.

I reached forward and laced my hands with his. "Thanks, Baek, for the offer, but you know I can't do that"

He pouted a little. "I'm serious, Jiyong. All these working and helping lost spirits takes all your time and your youth away. When was the last time you had a good night sleep?" he teased, but his eyes shone with helplessness over my refusal of accepting his help.

"I'll sleep when I'm dead, but for now, I'm just trying to survive" I said lightly, but I caught him stiffened at the mention of my careless words.

Baekhyun scowled deeply at me. "I promise you, if you drop dead from exhaustion one day, I'm gonna find myself a psychic and ask her to find your spirit and pull you back before screaming my off at you"

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Don't you dare, Byun Baekhyun. I don't want you messing around with the underworld."

Baekhyun slung his arm over my shoulder and pulled me closer, leaning his head against mine. "Then don't die on me, Lee Jiyong. I might never see the dead and believe me when I said I'm glad, but it's taking its toll on you"

I exhaled. "What do you mean, Baek? I'm okay with how my life turned out, I've accepted the fact that I'm not like normal people."

"Yeah, but the fact remains you never took the time for yourself, honey" Baekhyun lamented. "We won't always be 20, Jiyong. I'm not saying forget about your mom, I'm saying try and live for yourself. Don't you remember telling me you wanna travel and see the world?"

I snickered. "That was when we're 7, Baek. Besides," I closed my eyes tiredly. "I do wanna have some fun, but not now. Not when my landlord is breathing down my neck for the overdue rent or the piles of bills on the table back home reminding me of all my responsibilites."

Baekhyun frowned but he didn't say anything else. He knew I'd never backed down from my word. So we sat there on the bench, just the two of us with our hands intertwined in my laps, staring at the empty space in front of us.

When it was time for us

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter