Right to remain silent

Mr.Officer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Wait what?”

 

“I’m going home and I want you to come with me” He said amused

 

“I don’t know… Isn’t that a little too soon?” She asked as she swung her legs as she sat on his elevated kitchen stool

 

“Remi… We’ve been dating for 8 months. Most couples meet the parents around month 5”

 

“Oh?” She asked confused “In my country you usually meet the parents when you’re serious and are possibly thinking of marriage”

 

He turned to her slowly before crowding her in and getting slightly in her face to scowl at her “We ain’t serious now?”

 

Her eyes widened at his change in mood. He usually was so happy so him being upset was daunting “N-n-no we are… I just didn’t know we were at the stage where we were thinking of o-o-ourselves as serious serious”

 

He pinched her nose “You seeing any other fellas behind my back , Suga’?”

 

She looked at him in shock followed by hurt and then anger “No of course not. How could you thin-”

 

“I ain’t seeing any other ladies besides you either. We go on dates , hold hands, talk about our hopes, dreams and aspirations. We make each other laugh and care about each other. You are who I call when I’m glad, mad, sad or just feeling plain bad. If we aint serious then what couple is?”

 

“I mean but marrying though? It hasn’t even been a yea-”

 

“I ain’t trying to marry you. I’m tryna take you to see my parents and my pet cow.” He said amused “You’re the one seeing more into it than there is”

 

She shook her head. She knew that there was much more to this trip than he was letting on so she asked confused “Aren’t you supposed to do that guy thing?”

 

“What guy thing?” He asked as he cocked his head

 

“That whole fear of commitment sowing your wild oats guy thing”

 

He scowled at her again before pinching her nose “Y’all women really be giving us guys a bad name. Just because society tells you that guys just want to hit and run don’t make it so. We think about happily ever after just like y’all do. We have a plan for our wedding too and what our kids’ names will be”

 

She snorted in amusement “Oh yeah?”

 

“You think I’m playing?”

 

She rolled her eyes before answering “No, of course not” she started to ease off the stool when he held her waist to keep her from moving

 

“I want a fall wedding. Pretty orange, gold and red leaves all around. The theme would be fall. My wife would have on this pretty gold and red headband that holds back her curly hair and no veil because I don’t want her away from my sight even for a minute. I want it overlooking this beautiful creek near my home with water so clean some people even says it has healing properties. I want to also have traditions of Japan and Thailand… And maybe Nigeria in it.”

 

Her eyes widened as she gaped at him. He’d really thought about this “Y-y-you’re crazy”

 

He smirked “Probably”

 

“PK, that’s not funny” She said softly looking at him in worry.

 

He just kissed her before caressing her neck “Come home with me”

 

“What if your mother doesn’t like me?”

 

“My mom’s around cows and pigs. She’s gonna welcome any girl time”

 

“Gee thanks. Because I’m not a cow or a pig I’ll do?” She asked with a scowl

 

He snorted “Why do you women do that?”

 

“You women?” She asked with a scowl as her hands went on her hips

 

He pinched her nose again “Yes, you women. You turn a compliment into something it wasn’t  meant to be and you turn a statement into a gender war”

 

“Maybe because YOU MEN act stupid and say things without knowing the implications of your words”

 

He chuckled as he nibbled on her neck “I guess I got told huh?”

 

“You’re so annoying. We can’t even fight well. You’re not supposed to capitulate” She said exasperated

 

He just pulled her closer to him as he had his fun with her body as he kissed and nipped “My father always said that a smart man was one that knows when to take his foot out of his mouth but also knew when to put it up someone’s rear”

 

“Your father said that?” She asked dubiously. In all the time that he’s talked about his dad it has always a soft spoken and sweet male

 

“Something close” He said with a cheeky smirk

 

“PK please be serious” She said scowling

 

“I am being serious.” He countered “I seriously want you to come with me to my parents' home”

 

She nibbled her lower lip nervously “What if they don’t like me?”

 

“They’ll love you”

 

She sighed before gripping his forearm for strength and squeezing “You promise me things will go well right?”

 

He nodded amused

 

“Fine… I’ll go but don’t blame me if things go wrong”

 

“I’ll only blame you if your attitude is the reason why things go wrong” He said amused “You’re meeting your boyfriend’s parents for the first time. The people who made the guy who is so dashing and charming it makes you swoon. The man who has literally swept you off your feet. The man at whose feet you worshi-”

 

She broke down into titters of laughter “Me? A whole me is like that? Now what come vex you to think that? I beg pass (get outta here)”

 

He grinned widely at her words. He loved when she got so amused that she started talking in what she called commoner slang. She was from a  middle class background so in Nigeria she’d had maids. She’d been shy growing up so she’d mostly hung out with her maids and learned the slang they did. When she was so happy that she was unaware, it sometimes slipped out and a was a delight for his ears

 

“Ohhh I love it when you talk pidgin to me. Say some more” he said huskily

 

She flushed and scurried away “You stop that right now”

 

“Come on baby. Say something just for your man” He said as he eased over to her even as she edged away from him

 

“Leave me alone Prasong Kara” She said while giggling “I’m not about to feed your little weird ”

 

“My weird ?” He asked with a wolfish smile. He moved so quickly that all Remi had a chance to do was gasp before she was over his shoulder

 

“PK” She said in shock before she hit his hard and then pinched it “You’re just roughing me up now”

 

“Ohhh. Are we being right now?” He asked as he walked with ease towards the living room

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter