final

Next To You

Jongin turns the engine off then gets out of the car. Shuffles follow, and Kyungsoo is out of the vehicle as well.

"Baby, wait- let's talk about this. I'm sorry."

Jongin just keeps walking ahead of him, ignoring his pleas. Kyungsoo walks briskly while he adjusts his scarf and tries his best not to trip on invisible rocks on the road.

 

Silence.

 

This is bad, Kyungsoo thinks. Very bad.

 

The walk, or more like jog for Kyungsoo, to their apartment is making him anxious. It's so quiet save for the infinitesimal sounds created by people who are still awake in the busy streets of Seoul.

 

 

 

Kyungsoo has screwed up before, many times. And this is just one of those times but he never expected to receive a cold treatment from his boyfriend. They always talk things out.

 

Yes, going to Chanyeol's birthday party without Jongin's knowledge was probably a bad idea, more so when his ex-boyfriend was also invited but he didn't initiate their talk. Joonmyun was just nice enough to start a conversation with him, mostly chatting about work and life in general. He didn't expect however, for Jongin to show up. Yes maybe he had expected him to be invited but he knows he won’t attend since he has an important business presentation tomorrow. Going to the party without telling Jongin wasn't that bad in the first place but Jongin seeing him there talking with Joonmyun, laughing and enjoying their time together made things worse.

 

Long story short, Jongin got mad, grabbed him, dragged him out of the party and away from Joonmyun, drove them home and is currently not speaking to him.

 

 

 

Jongin heads to their bedroom then moves to the bathroom, a towel in hand. Kyungsoo knows Jongin will talk to him but not tonight so the smaller male decides to give his boyfriend some space for the time being. He sighs and leaves the house but since he doesn't have a place or destination in mind he just sits on the corridor, back to the wall beside their door.

In front of him are the railings and beyond that is the view of their busy city ahead. Lights flicker while beautiful snowflakes descend across the area. Choosing an apartment on the 19th floor has its perks. After a few minutes, he slightly shivers, his jacket and scarf could only do so much in keeping him warm but he doesn't want to go in just yet. He doesn't want to feel how unwanted his presence is to Jongin. He can't call his friends either. He can solve this problem on his own. And with that in mind he slowly succumbs to sleep.

 

 

 

Several hours later, Jongin finally decides to leave the house and look for his boyfriend. The smaller male was not in the bedroom like he expected him to be after his shower. He didn’t really plan on giving Kyungsoo the cold shoulder but he was so angry at the scene he saw earlier, he thinks he might just shout at his boyfriend. Though he knows the petite male wouldn't cheat on him, he can't help feeling protective of his boyfriend since Kyungsoo is just too oblivious at times.

 

Running a hand through his hair, he sighs. Kyungsoo is probably moping somewhere but he better be somewhere warm, Jongin wishes. The tan male opens the door then closes it behind his back but before he could turn towards the elevator he notices a shivering figure against the wall of their apartment.

 

"Kyungsoo?"

 

Said person jolts with a start, looks up and gives Jongin a relieved smile. In a flash, Jongin is kneeling beside Kyungsoo, cupping his face with both hands.

 

"Jongin," the smaller male basks in the attention his boyfriend is giving him and oh, his hands are so warm.

 

"What are you doing out here? It’s freezing! Are you an idiot, Kyungsoo?"

 

Jongin sighs and moves to place his right arm behind Kyungsoo to support the smaller male's back, his left arm under the back of the elder's knees then lifts him, carrying Kyungsoo to their bedroom.

 

The younger removes Kyungsoo's clothes so the elder is left shivering on the bed before Jongin joins him but not before removing his own clothes as well. Years of being with Kyungsoo taught him that sharing body heat is more effective than burying the elder in a pile of blankets so he does just that.

 

It's silent, only Kyungsoo's breathing can be heard. Making sure the elder is now asleep, he makes a move to get up to dress the elder but is met with resistance as the hold on his waist tightens.

 

" -m sorry," the elder murmurs.

 

"Hmm?" the taller looks down at his boyfriend.

 

"I'm sorry, Jongin," Kyungsoo only continues to bury his face into Jongin's chest.

 

Jongin sighs softly then kisses his boyfriend's forehead. He can never stay mad at Kyungsoo.

 

"It's okay. Just don't talk with that Joonmyun guy without me knowing next time. I swear he still likes you!"

 

The elder just slaps Jongin's chest before he giggles.

 

"Are you jealous?"

 

"Damn right, I'm jealous! You- hmmp!"

 

Kyungsoo just shuts him up with a kiss. So effective.

 

"You know I love you, right?" Jongin fondly stares at his Kyungsoo. His boyfriend shouldn't even ask.

 

"Yes, I love you, too. Are you still cold, baby?"

 

"No, not anymore. It's warm next to you. The only warm place."

 

And Kyungsoo snuggles closer. Jongin is his as he is Jongin's. Besides, anywhere else is cold and next to his boyfriend is the only warm place for him.

 

 

 


 

A/N: I thought of winter and kaisoo and this is what happened. I hope you liked it! ^-^

Many thanks to my lovely beta chupipo! Someone so patient and kind. I couldn't thank her enough.