part i

#idiots

part i


 

it was 2:34 in the a.m and seungcheol can’t bring himself to sleep. there, so closely beside him, laid the beautiful, long haired boy. gosh, if the butterflies fail to cease fluttering around in his stomach, then he’d never catch any z’s.

“h-hey,… hannie, wake up!”

jeonghan garbles something incoherent and pulls the sheets closer.

“boy, wake your up before i fart on you. man, i ain’t even kidding, i will do it.”

“… shut up before i beat your . go in the bathroom and make sure you clean up after yourself.”

and this is how seungcheol eats cereal by his lonesome self again.

 

okay, back trace. how did seungcheol and jeonghan’s relationship come to this? why is seungcheol even there? in the same bed? how badly was jeonghan drugged to allow seungcheol step into his house let alone sleep on the same bed?

well… that last part just might be a stretch, but it all happened one a few months back.

more like… december, 2016.

 

january, 2017.

“coming at you from seoul national’s radio station ‘your twenties’, this is dj coups at it again with the morning news. today is supposed to be in the lower tens, so i hope you guys have bundled up and made it out with a cup of coffee in your hands. it’s supposed to warm up only by a few degrees, so don’t go off freezing yourself. some campus news! we’re coming back to the second half of the school year which means some of you are literally four months away from escaping the clutches of college, while.. others are only continuing to live in the hell that is seoul national. the engineering department over the winter break graciously installed heated bus stops for us as well, so make sure you thank your fellow engineering friend for that. our first concert of the year will be from everyone’s favorite girl group, girl’s generation! tickets will go on sale on friday at noon, and we’ll have a radio competition for two vip tickets once those sell out! just prepare your voices to sing along to the snsd song that we play and you might win! one more thing that’s new on campus is the man sitting next to me!”

“oh coups, you’re so flattering.”

“not really but i didn’t make up any fancy way of introducing you─”

“i’m mc dk!”

“okay now that they know you─”

“i’ll be filling the spot for the graduate jonghyun who has successfully debuted in a group! many of you already know that─”

“dk─”

“─but he did say that he wanted you guys to look forward to him, so let’s do that and hope that he does his alma mater proud!”

“…”

“…”

“and that concludes the morning news for today. now, let’s enjoy one of everyone’s favorite songs from lee jihoon’s showcase, ‘fronting’!”

as the music began its fade in for the radio, seungcheol leaned back in his seat with a small sigh, collaring the headphones around his neck before looking at the taller male, who was smiling for whatever damn reason at 7:04 in the morning, with a frown.

“well your introduction didn’t go as planned.”

“it’s alright, hyung. it’s all in the mysteriousness that lingers with that.”

“when else are you in the station?”

“i have the mornings.. and the evenings.”

oh , just like him.

“what about you, hyung?”

seungcheol nodded toward seokmin to indicate the same times. there was no point in lying to him anyway. he would of found out one way or another, and there was no way that seungcheol was going to risk his very first job in university by skipping out.

both he and seokmin were the new main emcees since kim jonghyun and choi minho had stepped down after graduating. the producers thought that there was no way that they could of found suitable replacements for the two veterans, but seungcheol’s interview went better than they had thought and he showed them a side of himself that no one, not even mingyu, had seen. seokmin was commended on his skills on stage at jihoon’s showcase, thus the ‘coup d’k’ (a play on the famous coup d’état) duo was birthed at the radio station.

“listen, i have to get ready for my eight am class,” seungcheol frowned deeper as he stood up and took his cup of coffee. “you’ll be fine until i’m back, right?”

seokmin nodded enthusiastically and leaned back in his chair. “i don’t have a class until noon anyway, so i’ll be fine until then.”

though it was seungcheol’s first time handling this kind of thing, there wasn’t much trust for him to put onto the younger male but he decided it was for the best as he left the studio with a wave and rushed all the back to the residential block. it wasn’t his fault that his phone died in the middle of the night and that he woke up fifteen minutes prior to going on air. it wasn’t his fault that he lived ten minutes away running from the station to his place of residency either. it didn’t help that the busses didn’t run until 7:30 and that he had no time at all to get ready. it was lucky for him that the only broadcasted part of him would be his voice and not the white shirt and sweats that he was dressed in under his heavy coat.

he unlocked the door to the apartment and entered. of course, it was dead silent. empty. heartless. as it had been for the past few weeks. it wasn’t new for him as he flipped the lights on and put the thermostat up. it was unpleasing how cold it was in here, but the reason was completely absurd. he paid no mind, controlled himself and went on about getting ready in the twenty minutes he had until the next bus would roll around.

the better attire that consisted of the university’s hoodie, some skinny jeans and a snapback to hide everything that was his messy hair apart from his bangs, did him well as he attempted the casual-yet-why-the--is-college-even-a-thing look before further freshening himself up and nodding to his dressed self.

he walked toward the kitchen only to take a detour into another room. he opened to door and frowned for the third time today at the bundle that was underneath a thousand layers of blankets (the absurd reason the apartment is cold). it was almost motionless, but seungcheol knew that the body was still living. or.. at least he wanted to think that it was.

“jeonghan.”

a low grumble of disdain came from the monster’s heap.

“jeonghan, don’t you have an eight am class this semester?”

the monster growled and shifted to face the other way.

“jeonghan!”

“i swear to ,” jeonghan grumbled under his breath and abruptly sat up. his hair was a complete mess, strands pointing at every direction possible as his shirt sort of hung off of his shoulder. his eyes were still closed and there was a (cute) scowl that invaded his lips.

“choi ing seungcheol, my eight am is tomorrow. my eleven is today. now can you please leave me the alone and go to your class?!”

with that, jeonghan buried himself under the sheets once more, forcing himself to fall back into the wonderful dreams consisting of shopping sprees galore.

seungcheol blinked, flabbergasted at that. he then remembered jeonghan telling him that just several hours ago before they slept, but seungcheol was too busy playing league not paying attention to jeonghan.

he looked down at his watch and gasped, hurrying out of the apartment with an apple and dashing to meet the bus that was just about to leave him. he showed his id to the driver and shuffled to the back of the moving vehicle, perching himself between two girls. seungcheol’s frown count upped one as he found the girls, who were caked with makeup and dressed extremely fashionable for it being the first day back, were taking an interest in him. he could tell by the way he could feel the two pairs of eyes staring at his face as he tried to read the agenda of his first class.

it wasn’t that it bothered him, no, but any other day than today where he almost ran later and had to leave the radio station extremely early would have been fine for him to be watched.

seven stops later, choi seungcheol successfully escaped the thirst trap as he walked outside into the crisp air. he adjusted his hoodie and hat, walking faster than he would of wanted to to reach the mathematics building for his calculus class. it was a drag that it was the only class that conflicted with his radio show time, but he was still sensible about classes coming first no matter what.

 

“and that was bangtan boys’ ‘converse high’! you can catch their exclusively new signed album at the bookstore today! all funds will go toward funding for the new gym to be built on campus in by the end of the next fall semester. now, we have a new segment on ‘your twenties’ called ‘confessions of a broke college kid’ where we listen to your takes on what it’s like to be a student here at seoul natonal and basically agree because we’re one in the same. alright, so first up we have… mister oh sehun!”

“am.. am i on the air?” the voice bashfully spoke before clearing his throat. “well.. i’m sehun. sophomore in accounting. my confession of a broke college kid is uh.. well.. i’m still shedding this damn freshman 15 and it ing . i work out, hell i’m a dancer! but why is it still here! i eat clean! like please go away already?!”

“oh dear, i think everyone has that problem, sehun.”

“but you know.. it just won’t go away no matter how hard i try. maybe i should stop stressing.”

“maybe you should. who knows? but i think everyone can relate to the dreaded freshman 15. anyway, next up is miss lee chaerin!”

“yes hi, senior in fashion design, and my confession of a broke college kid is just that. i’m ing broke all the time.”

“simple and to the point. i like that. up next we have.. hansol chwe? wait a minute he doesn’t even go here what.”

“HI GUYS.”

“oh dear.”

“I’M VERNON, SOHPOMORE IN—”

“… oh damn, looks like the connection’s been cut. oh well! our last caller is mister kim mingyu. mingyu?”

“ah, yes. hi. mingyu. sophomore in journalism. my confession of a broke college kid would be that if you love someone and they love you back, don’t beat around the bush for fourteen years—”

“wow, are you that proud? the whole college knows about you two and your story. word travels so fast.”

“well i only have jihoon to thank after all, right?”

“that’s not even a confession! that’s just a reminder about the power couple of seoul national!”

“well… oh well. i got on the air. wonwoo! saranghae! do well in your physics class! don’t forget our bubble tea date later today!”

“you’re an embarrassing boyfriend to him, mingyu.”

“what can i say? he loves it.”

somewhere on campus with one earbud on listening to the radio station, wonwoo’s cheeks were glowing a bright shade of red as he groaned and hid his face within his folded arms on the desk while getting teased by his lab partners about what was just heard. mingyu was definitely the teasing boyfriend and wonwoo just had to suffer through it, but.. he always got his revenge at the end of the day when he tackles mingyu onto the bed and has his pleasing way with him.

“and that just about wraps up the segment! tune in next monday for another dip of confessions. oh— looks like dj coups is back from his class!”

“finally. math is such a drag but.. that’s my major after all.” seungcheol chuckled as he adjusted himself in the seat with his headphones, taking a sip of the coffee he came with.

“so coups! now that you’re here, maybe we can fit in one more confession of a broke college kid?”

seungcheol hummed softly as he thought to himself. “my ‘confession of a broke college kid’ is this: jeonghan, are you listening? (he smiled to himself, knowing that the other male wasn’t going to hear this nonetheless) i just passed one of your classes and heard them call your name for role. were you present? of course not. i hope you wake your lazy up for your early classes this semester. now, the confession would have to be that i was wishing for a better roommate than him, but we can’t all get what we can now can we?”

okay, maybe seungcheol was stepping over the line with that, but he heard a small fit on chuckles coming from seokmin and also saw snickers coming from the workers on the other side of the glass pane.

“damn, coups. tell it like it is, huh. well, jeonghan, wherever you are in dreamland, i hope you heed his words sooner or later. coming up next we have a plethora of requests to play during the lunch hour, so tune in to listen to the hottest bands: snsd, bangtan boys, kara, infinite and monsta x! if you haven’t already, you can go online and vote on the polls for what you want to hear each week, so get at it for next week’s playlist!”

at that, the tune to kara’s ‘step’ began to ease in as seokmin and seungcheol began their paperwork that needed to be done within the studio. it wasn’t much, just inspections and making sure that things were running smoothly and that they were getting positive feedback for it being their first time doing this sort of thing. only a few hours had gone by and they were notified through social media and their boss that they were gaining attention from the female population about ‘sounding handsome and charming’ over the radio. it was definitely something to hold worth to since they were still considered rookies in the department but it was damn impressive.

“so you’ll be back here after lunch?” seungcheol asked as he spun his pen around his fingers.

“yeah. you know it’s syllabus week so there’s not much to really attend, but i should do anyway,” seokmin mindlessly said as he stood from his seat and stretched. “did you manage to listen to what you missed out on?”

“i didn’t. my class is really strict on no devices except a calculator, so i can’t really tune in on you.”

“oh . bummer,” seokmin frowned as he dressed himself with a backpack. “then i’ll see you later, hm?”

“have fun,” seungcheol grinned before swiveling back to continue on his started routine.

 

it was 3 pm when jeonghan finally emerged from bed in his messy brunette glory. it had fallen from the lazy bun he attempted the night before when seungcheol came in, but he didn’t care. there was always something about the first day back of school from break that made him feel lethargic, slow, and always wanting more sleep than his fourteen hours he just got.

he put on his glasses and tried to touch base with the carpet in case he was about to fall over, shuffling out of the warmth of his room and into the bathroom. he didn’t make it very far though, walking leading to him to crawl on his hands and knees and diverting his mental gps to head toward the living room instead. he was certain the bathroom was here somewhere, very certain that the couch was in the bathroom, and extremely certain that the light shining from the window was the light he “” in the bathroom as he cuddled himself into the couch… and slept again.

seungcheol returned two hours later having finished his day only to find a heap on the couch. he knew this would happen, didn’t even have to look at jeonghan twice as he simply walked past the sleeping body. he was holding a bag of freshly made-to-go bulgogi, and made sure to allow the bag to slowly pass and hover over the other boy to tickle his senses.

jeonghan shot straight up and looked at the other boy.

“breakfast?”

“more like dinner, you . you didn’t go to your classes?!” seungcheol frowned as he set the box down on the table.

“…what the time is it?”

“five.”

“.”

seungcheol snorted.

“WHY DIDN’T YOU WAKE ME UP?!”

“jeonghan, you told me you had classes in the afternoon. how did you wake up when you were by yourself?!”

“mingyu always came around and—.”

“mingyu has another baby to worry about now. time to take care of yourself.”

“you could have still woken me up,” jeonghan grumbled as he rolled off of the couch and curled into himself on the carpet. “i’m ing screwed.”

“hell yeah you are!” seungcheol called from his room when he had walked out there to hang up his hoodie and walk back out. “you missed how many classes on the first day of the easiest week?”

“four—”

“jeonghan jeonghan jeonghan.”

the mentioned boy frowned and threw a small tantrum of which consisted throwing a pillow at the wall and groaning out loud.

“someone’s going to think you’re getting ed,” seungcheol teased.

“ you,” jeonghan growled as he finally got onto his feet and went to sit himself down at the dining table. it was customary for them to switch days on who made dinner, and luckily today was seungcheol’s turn.

“wow, hot mess alert,” seungcheol cackled at jeonghan’s state. “go look decent or something. i can’t serve dinner to a distressed looking princess.”

jeonghan glared at seungcheol before shuffling off to do so. he hated being called a princess, but what did seungcheol care? seungcheol loved it. he brushed his hair and his teeth as well, at least trying to look presentable as he changed into a comfy sweater from last year’s season and a pair of briefs before returning to his acclaimed seat, hair in the same attempted bun from the previous night.

“shut up. i look the best when i’m in my lazy wear.” jeonghan rolled his eyes and promptly began to check his emails and updates.

seungcheol put the rice in the rice cooker and began to rummage around the kitchen in search of something. “those glasses should come off of you.”

jeonghan looked up to meet the raven black haired boy. “oh? and why is that? do you like it on me or something? does it make me undeniably cute and charming?”

“no,” seungcheol deadpanned, but the small waver in his voice was definitely hidden well. “i might end up falling for you.”

“oh please,” jeonghan snorted.

“who knows? i might be your boyfriend and you might love me and be proud of having me by your side,” seungcheol said without much meaning behind his words. he didn’t catch jeonghan looking up from his phone a second time, speechless for a few seconds before seungcheol added "or not" as jeonghan resorted to his snarky mannerisms.

“or maybe you’ll fall for me.”

“like that’ll ever happen anyway,” was the last of that conversation as seungcheol pulled out the hidden bottle of chardonnay he had kept. “wine tonight?”

“with bulgogi? you have some sort of weird taste palate, seungcheol.”

“okay, then i guess not.” seungcheol reached up to put it back but was stopped when he felt jeonghan’s finger’s wrap around his wrist.

“what the , i didn’t say no?!” jeonghan growled.

seungcheol could only smile at how absolutely adorable jeonghan looked when he was borderline angry as he leaned in closer and softened his voice.

“wanted to touch me that bad, princess?”

“oh my god.” jeonghan frowned and stomped away back to his seat.

seungcheol set the bottle down again satisfyingly and began to work his way around the kitchen to prepare their dinner, leaving jeonghan to grumble under his breathe about why he had even allowed seungcheol to move in in the first place and how much of a bad idea it was nonetheless.

though, he couldn’t say he regretted it.
 

[ DIARY ENTRY #27: JANUARY 9th ]

"~ and honestly, i wish a would. in no way did i expect this to happen... to me most of all! like, how dumb is this guy?! he legit looks like a crusty sweet potato with his gross face and weird body proportions and creepy smile and and-- AND HE HAD THE NERVE TO POKE FUN AT ME TONIGHT. i don't deserve this.

blah blah blah u wanted to touch me that badly, pRincESS?? TRY ME, SEUCHEOLLIE PEPPER. i missed four classes already and all he's going to do is laugh at my expense (why he was not blinded by my beauty before he opened up that dumb mouth of his, who knows)! i seriously need to look into changing roommates... because he wants to play some games, does he not? well, little does he know that this lil' kitty here has a few tricks up his sleeve. ~"
 


-kaiyeol ; cheol's personality is so different from #idiot, or at least that's what i think. heh. great start to another episode of dumbness, and jeonghan's as sassy as ever. thanks to everyone that subbed to this prior to its debut! UPDATE: this diary entry omfg i'm crYING 
captainminho ; screams bc i was given a pink color, oh yeet. i type like a middle school kid in the mid 2000's and i am so sorry for that. but honestly though, thank you all for letting me on board on this stoopeed luv train with dumdum couple seunghan (jeongcheol imo js js)! my whole existance is basically jeonghan in two ways: 1) i'mma hot acho and 2) i want that darn piece of ice scream s.coups. thirsty.