Thrill Of The Chase

Thrill Of The Chase

 

A grand parade of floats. Bodies dressed in renaissance costumes. Faces covered in venetian masks. The city of Venice was celebrating the Carnivale when Kai and Sehun first met.


No words were exchanged, just piercing stares. Kai intently watched Sehun from a distance, until Sehun looked around and met his gaze. It was a long moment of eyes locked at each other, yielding and meaningful.


Kai didn't come to Italy for the festival. And Sehun knew the reason, he could read it in his eyes.


Kai was the first one to turn around and walk away, but Sehun was certain that the man would come and find him again.

 

 

 


Sehun knew that the next time they'll be seeing each other, it would be more than just speaking to each other through their eyes, so it was no surprise to him that he found himself running in the dark alleyways in Istanbul, with Kai chasing after him, holding a gun. He was able to escape, but not before Kai had pulled the trigger and blood trickled down his arm. He knew that the man wasn't done yet, so he was prepared to fight back when Kai threw a punch on his face while they were at the rooftop of the hotel he's staying at in Osaka, and he wasn't caught off guard either when Kai had set his villa on fire while he was in a resort in Hawaii.

 

 

Sehun loved driving fast, and his black BMW i8 was more than ready for a car chase when Kai tailed him in the streets of Budapest, driving a silver Aston Martin DB10. He waited for Kai to come down and point a gun at him when they reached a dead end, but Kai only rolled his window down, laughing amusedly like he was genuinely having a good time, and Sehun wasn't sure why the time stood still when the man looked into his eyes and flashed him a blinding smile.

 

 

The next time Sehun saw Kai was in a bar in Madrid. Kai was sitting a few tables away from him, and Sehun watched as the man lifted the glass of scotch to his lips, his eyes not leaving Sehun. Kai leaned back on his seat and placed the glass down on the table, his fingers slowly tracing the rim while he stared at the villain he was tasked to assassinate. Sehun downed a shot of tequila and stared back at the man. The air was calm and relaxed, and Sehun let himself slowly drown in the man's stare, because he knew, just by looking in the man's eyes, that his life wasn't in danger that night.

 

 

 


Sehun was in Los Angeles when he came back to his hotel at two in the morning and found Kai inside his room, standing in front of the glass window. Sehun didn't bother to ask how he got in as he walked over to the window and stood beside the man.

 

"Are you here to get your mission done, Agent 014?" Sehun casually asked as he stared at California's skyline.

 

Kai smirked as he turned to face the head of the criminal organization his agency was set to destroy. "Not yet. I'm still enjoying the thrill of the chase."

 

Sehun looked at Kai, and it didn't take him long to see the lust in the man's eyes.

 

Their lips met in a hungry kiss, both perfectly aware that it won't change the fact that they're enemies.

 

Only one of them will win and make it out alive, but it didn't matter anymore. At least not while Kai was sliding in and out of Sehun, taking both of them higher and higher with each .

 

 

 

 

 


It was time for Kai to get his mission over and done with, and Sehun knew it when he saw the secret agent in the deck of the ship while he was sailing in the ocean separating Ireland and Great Britain.

 

Sehun was always prepared to fight back. And this time, he was the first one to pull the trigger as he aimed it at Kai's thigh, sending Kai stumbling out of the deck and into the water.

 


Kai was slowly sinking, the ocean was pulling him down, until he felt a pair of arms encircle his waist.

 

Sehun didn't know what came to him when he suddenly jumped after Kai.

 

Maybe he was enjoying the thrill of being chased. Or maybe he still wasn't ready to let go of his enemy's piercing stares and blinding smiles.

 

"You know that I still have to kill you, right?" Kai asked breathlessly as they laid down on the shore.

 

Sehun only chuckled as he stared at the sky. It was ridiculous to save the man who was on a mission to destroy him. It was even more ridiculous how much he was yearning to kiss him at that moment.

 

But he still did.

 

And when the secret agent kissed him back full of need and desire, he knew that he wasn't the only one who has fallen for the enemy somewhere along the chase.