You Don't Understand

What's The Point

A/N: I have no grudge or anything against B.I or Bobby, I actually really love them and B.I was my first bias in iKon until I discovered the beauty that is Chanwoo. I know B.I and Bobby don't make any of the final decisions on songs, but Chanwoo is going to be a sad, angry baby in this fic and most of his anger he takes out on his leader and his older hyungs. Thank you for reading and thank you for your feedback. Feedback is greatly appreciated!!

 

 

“What’s the point in practicing for lines I know I’m not going to get,” Chanwoo knows he sounds childish, but he’s mad. Mad that he hardly gets any lines, mad that Donghyuk barely gets more lines than him, and even more mad that his hyungs always seem to get the lines Chanwoo works the hardest for.

 

“Chanwoo, don’t say that. You’ll get more lines, promise,” Chanwoo is sick and tired of Hanbin saying the same thing every time they get parts for their new songs. 

 

“You don’t even know what its like to get no lines,” Chanwoo is ready to scream, he’s so frustrated, “the only ones who understand are Yunhyeong hyung and Donghyuk hyung, you’ll never understand.”

 

“What do you mean we don't understand? Of course we do,” Bobby sounds offended and all kinds of defensive, but Chanwoo is too fed up to care.

 

“NO, YOU DON’T! You and Hanbin get all the lines, even ones that should be for the vocal line,” Chanwoo is shouting by now and he couldn't care less.

 

“We’re your hyungs, stop talking to us like we’re your friends,” Jinhwan scolds him and Chanwoo feels his heart shatter when Jinhwan tells him they aren’t his friends.

 

“For people who always talk about being hyungs, you think you’d be better at it,” Chanwoo says with venom lacing his words.

 

The rest of iKon is taken aback, confused and wondering when their maknae became so angry. Chanwoo stands in place gauging the looks on his hyungs’ faces, then flees the practice room. He doesn’t necessarily know where he’s going, but he ends up calling his most trusted hyung, Lee Minho.

 

“Minho hyung,” Chanwoo cries into the phone as soon as his hyung picks up, “I did something so stupid, hyung. I’m so stupid and my hyungs probably hate me so much!”

 

“Chanwoo, slow down, tell hyung where you are and we can get something to eat and you can tell me what happened.”

 

Chanwoo is picked up by Minho and taken to a small restaurant, where he retells his story at a much slower pace, “I was angry that I had gotten hardly any lines in our new songs and our album in general and I yelled at my hyungs. I told them it was their fault when it’s my fault for not being good enough.” Chanwoo is crying before he even finishes his story and he feels so bad, but he doesn’t know what to do or say.

 

Minho stares dumbfounded for a short while before finally gathering his thoughts, “Chanwoo, you need to apologize to your members; then tell them in a more respectful way what you think and why you think that.”

 

“I know, hyung, i-i-it’s just…I’m so sick of my mom calling me saying things like ‘I enjoyed your new song, but I didn’t see you or hear your part in the song?’ and ‘I must have missed it, sweetie’. It hurts hyung, having to explain to her that I shared my lines with Bobby or I sang NaNaNa’s at the very end of the song,” Chanwoo has even more tears streaming down his face at what he admitted. He sounds so weak and Minho probably hates Chanwoo for dragging him into this.

 

After two more hours filled with tears, food, advice, and catching up, Minho drops Chanwoo off back at the dorms. Chanwoo stands outside the door worried about the scolding waiting for him inside. Scared his hyungs will tell him that they hate him.