Final

Pained Necks and Heart Aches

...

 

word count: 676

 

...

 

Jihoon didn't exactly plan to be the first one to say 'i love you' but nothing really goes according to plan in Lee jihoon's world.

it all happened when he and his one year boyfriend, Seungcheol, and him was cuddling in their trusty couch at what he remembered was 12:00 in the morning, snow still at its fall and a blanket tossed over them. The room was dark and the only source of light they had was the moonlight spilling trough the whole of the living room. He would have left to sleep on the bed of only he doesn't have someone so amazing with him. He would have ditched seungcheol for the comfotable bed if only he didn't love the boy.

Seungcheol was rubbing circles on jihoons small back, travelling across the dip on the spine and aroung the shoulders and circling again trough the same spots over and over again. Jihoon's got his head rested on the others chest listening to the steady heartbeat, matching his own. It was amazing how they wouldn't feel awkward despite of the silence.

Seungcheol moved a little finding a more comfortable position for his neck but, to no avail it starts to hurt a little, he would've went with it if only jihoon didn't sense his discomfort and invited him to sleep on the bed instead.

"Cheol." Jihoon whispered in a very soft voice barely audible.

"Hm?" Seungcheol replied with only but a hum as to make the younger continue.

"Lets sleep on the bed. Your neck might hurt."

"But i like to sleep like this." Being his stubborn self he did not follow any of Jihoon's demands and didn't even nudge just a bit.

"Look, I love you too much to make you sleep on the couch with me all comfortable and you with an aching neck so lets just go."

There was a long silence, for jihoon that is. Seungcheol felt like his ears were decieving him. Was it real or was it just the forming pain in his neck?

"Ji. Did you.." The raven paused hesitating to reach for the next words "did you just told me you love me?"

Yet another long but not really silence. He heard a sharp inhale before he heard the other's voice once again.

"I did." Jihoon said, also a bit shocked by his own words, but sure all the same.

"Ji, i dont think i can say that to you now."

Seungcheol was not ready to say that back. call him a but he will never say anything he didn't mean to his lovely boyfriend. He never thought he'd hear it first.

"it's okay."

"i'm sorry."

"i said it's okay, stupid." Jihoon laughed but it was laced with disappointment. He decided to cover it all up with a kiss, A soft and gentle one, Ones that you feel how much the other loved you and cherished you. So passionate yet so gentle.

Jihoon loved Seungcheol. Nothing could change that. It doesnt matter if Seungcheol returns it in the next five or ten years all he cares about is making Seungcheol feel loved and cared for. He just want to shower the older with so much love. He's got so much love to give and all of that belonged to the man holding him right now not letting go even as they walk slowly to bed to finally drown in sleep and at the same time, love.