Sequel

What Can I Do?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Chanyeol" the man I called out faced me and smiled instantly. He walked towards me and engulfed me in a brotherly hug.

"Hyung, you came" he says excitedly. "Of course. I can't miss your wedding day, you know. And besides I'm one of the groom's men, did you forget?" I answered patting his shoulder. He smiles cheekily and was about to say something when a kid suddenly squeals.

"Daddy Yeol!" We both turned to look at the kid. I think he was around 2 years old and was rushing towards Chanyeol. He crouches down and to catch the little boy. "Dylan, my boy. Glad to see you." Chanyeol greets while snuggling to the kid. He pushes the child away a little and asked, "where's Yifan?"

"I'm here, I'm here" a man as tall as me stood among us. "Ziyu, I told you not to run away like that. Why don't you ever listen to me?" The man lectures.

"Yifan, Ziyu's just excited. You should just let it slide. And he's a two year old, you should worry if he's not active. To think you're a pediatrician" Chanyeol answered back and that made the little kid clung more to him. "How many times have I told you, Yeol, don't call me Yifan? You shouldn't have been his godfather, now my son got your stubbornness. You're as stubborn as your Uncle Chanyeol, Ziyu."

Ziyu, the little boy looked at me and that was when Chanyeol remembered I am around.

"Oh yeah, hyung, this is Wu Yifan better known as Kris Wu he was a pediatric surgeon in St. John Hopkin's but he just settled here in Korea and you probably don't know yet but he started working in Haesung few weeks ago. And this handsome guy over here is his son, Dylan Wu" Chanyeol introduces the two males.

"And Kris hyung this is Shim Changmin, he's an architect" this time he introduced me. We shook hands, including Dylan. Dylan's an adorable kid and he looks exactly as his father.

"Shim Changmin? I think I heard that name before" Kris Wu comments. "Oh, he runs Kim Holdings,  a member of the board of Haesung Hospital where you transferred to and he is also the son of the Dr. Shim that you admire so much" Chanyeol answers for me. Kris snaps his finger and was about to say something when Dylan started to whine wanting to go to the comfort room. Kris led his kid to the toilet leaving me and Chanyeol.

"Don't you want to see her?" He asked. "Can I?"

He nods his an answer to my question, "Of course you can. Why would I not allow you to meet her?"

"Because I might convince her to run away and not marry you?" I argued. Chanyeol smiles a little and said, "you can do that if you want. This would be your last chance to convince her not to marry me"

I was shocked by what Chanyeol said. "And what if she agrees with me?" I challenged only to make Chanyeol smile even wider.

"I firmly believe she loves me enough to want to marry me and not run away even if you beg her to do so. Even if she loves you, I think her love for me will win over her love for you" Chanyeol answers and I felt a crippling pain in my chest. The confidence in Chanyeol's face is pretty evident and I wanted to have that same confidence. But I don't I still don't, even after all these times.

"Go, hyung. I know you want to see her too"

I nodded before proceeding to the bride's preparation room. I didn't want to go in. I was still fuming with envy of Chanyeol. I am very envious of him. He has the woman of his dreams ready to marry him and spend their lifetime together. I, on the other hand just let her go. I let her slip away from my hands. When all I wanted and needed all along was her I had to screw things up.

I breathed in and breathed out deeply before finally opening the door.

And there she stood.

Beautiful as how I have remembered her.

As beautiful as when my mother introduced me to her.

As beautiful as when I fell in love at first sight with her.

And like last time my thoughts about her is still the same. Today, more than two decades after I still ask myself the same questions, "is she an angel? How can she be this pretty? Is she even human?"

"Changmin, this is Taeyeon" were the first words that my mom said when I first met Taeyeon. And the first thing that I thought when I saw her was "is she an angel? How can she be this pretty? Is she really human?"

I was still six but I fell in love at first sight with Kim Taeyeon.

We became friends since then. Mr. and Mrs. Kim treated me like their own and Taeyeon treated me  like I was her real brother. I was happy about it. Until I realized it could turn really awkward and weird if I started feeling something for her. So, I tried hard not to develop anymore deeper feelings for her. Because if I will break her heart eventually, I'd break her parents trust on me.

We've been thru a lot. And she was the one who always pushed me to my limits. She became my pillar of strength and source of inspiration. With her I was able to do things I thought I can't do. Like for example when her first period came. I panicked but nonetheless I gathered all the courage that I can gather and went to the convenience store and bought her a sanitary pad.

She was the one who embraced me despite my scars and flaws. Even if she was bullied because of me, she still cared for me. She cared for me, me who didn't do anything to protect her. All I did for her was to silently watch her cry when she lost her mother. I was a wimp the least I could do was to be with her when she lost her mom. She didn't cry at first but she did eventually, when we were alone in her room. I became her solace.

And I felt bad she was bullied because of me too. I didn't know what to do, good thing she became friends with Stephanie Hwang and Jessica Jung, who were tough enough to defend her. I felt betrayed when I found out she was starting to like Yoochun. I thought I knew everything about her but it turns out that I don't.

And maybe, it was because I was actually jealous that time without even realizing it. When I found out Yoochun was cheating on her I was furious. I was pained when I heard her voice on the phone, crying about Yoochun's betrayal. So I had to do something to show Yoochun what an idiot he was, what an he was, and what a fool he was. I broke his face and his ribs to serve him a lesson.

When I served the military I realized how much I value Taeyeon, how I wanted to have her in my life for eternity. And it felt like fate was on my side when our parents told us we were going to marry each other. But, it broke her heart. Apparently, I was too late. When I was discharged of my military duties she was already dating Choi Siwon, the man I befriended in service. I felt even more betrayed when she applied to St. John Hopkins without my knowledge.

Then I applied for MIT. I wanted to get away from my family. I wanted to forget about her. I wanted our family to realize that we weren't meant for each other, that it was pointless to wed us when it'll only break her heart. Then I met her and she broke up with Siwon.

"Hi" I managed to say despite how starstruck I am right now. She's wearing a white dress stopping just by her knee, her hair let down beautifully with a white flowers crowned on top of her head. With the light shining from behind her, she definitely looks like an angel.

She smiled and answered, "hi"

There was silence between us as I took in her beauty. It's almost two years since I last saw her. The eyes that looked at me with tears before are now shining brightly with happiness. Well, I bet she is indeed happy today. Who wouldn't be?

"You look really beautiful" I blurted out mindlessly and I blushed when I realized what I just said. I just broke the silence between us because I can no longer contain my admiration. Out of embarrassment, I literally face-palmed. Then, I heard her chuckling "thank you. You look dashing yourself, Changmin"

Hearing my name with her voice, hearing my name rolled out by her lips, I felt happy. Even with just that I felt really happy.

"But I think Chanyeol looked the most handsome today. It's his wedding day after all" I replied and she nodded approvingly. "And so is Jinah, she's definitely the prettiest today, especially in Chanyeol's eyes"

I remembered how surprised I was when I found out that Chanyeol and Jinah had a thing together. All along I thought Taeyeon broke up with me was because she realized how in love she was with Chanyeol.

Day 92.

It's been 92 days since she asked for me to let her go. 92 days since I signed those damned papers that separated me from her.

I've been miserable for 92 days now.

Today is supposed to be my most dreaded day - a year and six months after our wedding. Today is the day when Taeyeon and I were supposed to end our marriage. But, it happened earlier than expected and that's because I was a worthless piece of .

my life.

I heard the rustling of the bedroom curtains and then I felt some ray of light hitting my face.

"Wake up, you lazy bastard!"

"Go away, Nana" I tried dismissing the intruder as I turned the other way, away from the glaring sunlight. "I'm not leaving until I'm sure that you are on your feet and ready to work"

"Then be my guest. I ain't leaving my bed" I answered snuggling closer to her pillow wanting to smell her scent embedded to this pillow. Before I knew it I was already pulled away from my bed by my leg. Since when did Im Jinah gain this strength?

"What the , Jinah?!" I bellowed but was faced with the bastard who won her from me. "What is this er doing here? Who allowed you to bring this bastard, Jinah?" I asked not leaving my sight from the man who stood before me.

"Calm down, okay? If there is anyone who should be angry here it should be me and not you. You let Taeyeon noona slip away from your hands" Park Chanyeol answered nonchalantly as he started to walk out of the bedroom.

"Jina-"

"Hyung, stop being self-centered and selfish, okay? You need to get your out of the bed, you still run Kim Holdings. Until Jisung is old enough to run it you should take good care of Kim Holdings. So you better get your together" Chanyeol cut me off. He wasn't facing me but I know how serious he is.

And I also know how right he is. I fisted the sheets that were beneath my hands. "I know that, damn it"

"Oppa," I looked up to Jinah. "You think unnie would be glad seeing you like this?"

"She won't feel a thing. She doesn't care about me" I hate to admit it but I have to accept it. Taeyeon doesn't love me. She's in love with someone else who's better than I am, who deserves her more than I do. I'm just some who imprisoned her in this arranged marriage.

"God, you two are really blind" Jinah mumbles. I didn't care about what she was talking about, I couldn't care less. "We'll cook you breakfast. You should shower now because you have a board meeting today. Uncle said he will be waiting for you today. So you should at least show up presentable" Jinah bids as she walked towards the walk-in-closet, picking my outfit for today. "If you don't show up today, Kim Holdings will suffer" she adds and that made me stand up and shower.

When I went to the dining room I saw Chanyeol and Jinah were close, really close, like they were in a relationship or some sort. So, I got angry. How spineless can Chanyeol be? I thought he was better than me.

"Yah, Park Chanyeol! Get your hands off Jinah, please. It's pissing me off" I warned as I sat on my seat. Chanyeol sa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter