Summer In The City

Love Letters,Photographs & Diaries

 

Hebe woke up in the morning with a heavy heart.Today,they are going to the city.Her Mom came back last night,so as just to get her and bring her to the city.Nobody will be home for now.She felt bad that there will be nobody home.Although,her Mom and Dad has been away most of the time lately,she still likes to stay home than stay anywhere else.She finds it ,comforting and secured to be home.

She packed her summer clothes,and it is not that much for she already outgrew her clothes from last summer.maybe,her Mom will buy her new clothes,but worse if she will be given the hand me down from her cousins.Although,their clothes are nice and quite expensive,she rather choose the clothes that she is going to wear.She loves clothes that is her own and her own identity marked on it  eventhough it is a cheap one from the local market and not designer ones like her cousins have.

She went downstairs and found the table ready for breakfast.They have rice and eggs and ham and sausages her,favorites.Her Mom always prepare a really nice breakfast every morning.She said it is the most important meal of the day.

"Mom," as she called out for her Mom who is in the kitchen.

"Hebe good thing you are awake.Eat your breakfast now." she said."Did you packed your clothes already?"

"Yes,I did last night.Can I just stay home  this summer?" Hebe asked."I don't really want to go."

"We talked about this last time.Nobody will be here to watch you.And you have not seen your Dad for long time.He has been asking for you." she said."But we are not leaving today.We will leave early tomorrow morning,less traffic and it is cooler to travel."

Hebe pouts and sat down on the table to eat her breakfast.She really wanted to stay home.She is going to miss her friends.They have been riding on their bikes every afternoon.Although she doesn't have any bikes,she got to borrow Yesung and Selina sometimes.She is getting better at it now.She was bad the last time as she fell down and bruised herself in the process.But she still smiled at the results cause Yesung was  there to help her and he even put the Band aid on her knees.

But the good thing is ,she still have another day to spend with her friends.Hebe went to her room and took a shower and dress up getting ready to go out to her friends,when her Mom called out on her.

"Young girl,where do you think you are going?" her Mom asked."You have to stay home and helped out.Watch your brother for me while I clean up the house.We will be gone for quite sometime and I have to clean up before we leave tomorrow."

Hebe frowned."But Mom, my friends will be waiting for me." she said as she stomped her feet.

"You are not a little girl anymore.I am sure your friends have responsibilities too in the house.You,what about you?" she asked her.

Finally her Mom has cornered her and made her face up her own responsibilities.She would go to her friends house and they will be asked to cooked meals for the family even at a young age.And here she was she doesn't have to do any of those,cause they got  maid and her Mom is always doing the housework anyway aside from her job as a teacher.

"You never told me to do anything.You never taught me how ,either." she said,passing the blame on her own Mom.She felt bad doing that,but then,she just has to reason out with her....

"Alright,just watch your brother.I am sure you can do that." she said.

Hebe went  in her Mom's room and Key is up ,playing in the crib.He was a mess,with a drool on his face,as he smiled at her.She took him and cleaned up his face.He smiled at her,and she smiled back.She hugged him tightly.She just missed her baby brother Key.

Lunch came and soon enough,the baby is tired and took his nap as she put him in his crib.Finally she is free.She went to her room, and combed her hair and looked at herself in the mirror.And soon enough,there was a knock in the door.And she hurriedly open the door,and it is Yesung,with a big smile at her.

"I thought you are leaving today? But I passed by and saw your Mom outside.And she told me,you are not leaving until tomorrow." he said."So you want to go ride the bike with me?"

"Let me ask my Mom first,cause I am watching my baby brother." she said.

"I already asked her and she said it is alright." he said."She told me to just call you."

Hebe smiled..."Really,good I have one more day with my friends." she said.

They went up to the hill again and this time it is just the two of them.Somehow,little that Hebe knew that their time of togetherness is almost on the count down now...They are not the little boys and girls now,they have grown and it is something that cannot be stopped.

"So,you are having a good time in the city,while we rot here in our town.You will have an exciting summer while I will be having a boring one." he said.Hebe looked at him.Where did the envy and jealousies coming from?She wondered and never thought that his friend will be feeling like that.

"I rather stay home though and have fun with you and our friends.I hate going to the city.You knew that." she said,as she looked at the little cottage below.Her dream house and yes with Yesung and her in it.Somehow the image of that is getting blurry and out of reach ,from her standpoint.

"I wished you are staying home.My summer won't be the same without you.I might go to my Mom's too." he said. His Mom lives in the next city,the province capital."And just like you,I hate going there.I rather stay home.But now you are leaving,I might as well go and joined them there."

"So,who is staying for a boring summer here?.And where is Geun Young this summer?" she asked.

"She went home,to their town.Her Dad is coming home from America.And they are going to the big city too just like you,and will be spending her summer there." Yesung said.

"So you are updated of her whereabouts." as she smiled and ."You still likes her a lot?

Yesung blushed and smiled and just kept quiet."How about you? You really liked Kyuhyun?I never thought,you liked him at all." he said.

Hebe looked and her smiled vanished...Does she has to continue lying to him about her big crush? Or she can tell him that he is her big crush.Her crush since they were in second grade,when they shared their stories and tales of the day...

"I am not telling." Hebe said with a grin.

"It is not fair,and I am supposed to be your best friend and I am supposed to know this things about you.I told you about Geun Young.If you like somebody,I want to be the first to know." he said.

"I'll keep it in mind.But for now,this one is just for me and you are off limits." she said with a smile.

"Uhmm,I will know it ,in time.So you are going to miss me? I will miss you for sure.Will you write me a letter?" he asked.

"By the time the letter gets to you,I will be home." Hebe said."And even it will get here ,you won't be here,so it is no use."

Yesung nodded."Then I guess,I'll see you when the school starts." he said.

Hebe nodded,and she feels like crying and so sad when he said that,two months is such a long time to wait to see him again.Her crush and her bestfriend......She put her hand on his shoulder as she got up from sitting on the grass.Yesung hold on to her hand as if understanding her feeling for the moment.He got up and hugged her tight.Their last childhood embrace,when everything is all pure innocence and full of pure affection for each other....no malice and no bad thoughts....just a boy loving a girl and the girl loving the boy in return......if they only can go back to that day....

April

Tomorrow,I am leaving for the city.I am all ready,to go now.Somehow after today, I am getting excited to see the bright lights of the city.I love our town.Forever,she will have special place in my heart and she will always be my home.But I guess the noise and the bright lights of the city is calling me.And I am ready for him....

I feel a lot better now after talking to Yesung.Somehow my talk to him has been pretty comforting.But somehow,I just knew that our  relationship will be changing soon.But for whatever it is, I  will always treasure our friendship forever.It is something that nobody can change or take away from us,not even Geun Young nor whoever will be the boy in my life for that matter.Yesung will always be the memory of my childhood crush and maybe something more than a crush.

The city...I am coming and I better have lots of fun being there.Let see what you can offer for a young country girl like me.....

Hebe