The Meet Ups

I Wanna Call It Love

A girl stared at her phone. “3:30 PM” it read. She sighed.

 

“Where could they be?” she asked herself. She unlocked her phone and looked at the message again.

 

“To TWICE GIRLS: Hi, girls! Since school is starting up tomorrow, I was hoping we could meet up for a slight recap on everything that’s been going on. Let’s meet at the park gazebo where we usually hang at 3:30 pm. See you there~ - Jihyo” Jihyo sat on one of the rounded edges of said gazebo and stared at the leaves blowing against the breeze.

 

“Everyone messaged back. Where are they?” Just then, in the distance, Jihyo heard a bunch of girlish screams.

 

“Jihyo!!!” She turned around and saw eight girls running toward her. She smiled brightly and stood up. The nine girls clustered around and hugged each other, giggling could be heard.

 

“It’s so good to see everyone again!” Chaeyoung said happily.

 

“It feels like so long since we saw each other,” Momo agreed. The girls all sat down in a circle and began chatting.

 

“Well then, how were all of your summers?” the oldest in the group, Nayeon, asked.

 

“I went to ballet camp again as a senior student. It definitely felt weird being one of the older kids since I’ve been going there for years,” Mina replied.

 

“Mine was okay. I got to visit my family back in Taiwan, which was really nice,” the youngest, Tzuyu, shyly said.

 

“Well I did nothing over the summer. I just relaxed most of the time,” Jeongyeon says as she leans onto the side.

 

“I took vocal lessons from one of my favorite teachers,” Jihyo said with a wide smile.

 

“You’re already awesome at singing, Jihyo. You don’t need to be anymore awesome,” Jeongyeon replied. Jihyo lightly punched Jeongyeon and said “Thanks.”

 

“I got a job being a cashier at the convenience down the street,” Sana pointed to the left at the small store.

 

“How’s that been?” Momo asked.

 

“It’s been great. The different kinds of people that show up are just fascinating. What about you, Nayeon?”

 

“I was a camp counselor and got to work with little kids. They were so cute!” Nayeon gushed, showing her teethy smile.

 

“How was your summer, Dahyun?” Chaeyoung asked the final member. Dahyun looked up and said “Hm?”

 

“I asked you how your summer was.” Dahyun made an “Oh” with her lips.

 

“Nothing much happened,” she said with a light stutter. The girls narrowed their eyes at her, making Dahyun raise her eyebrows. “What?”

 

“I don’t think anyone believes you,” Jihyo blatantly said. The other seven girls nodded.

 

“Ugh, fine. Something did happen.” Everyone leaned in toward Dahyun, anticipating the answer. “There’s this guy-” The eight girls squealed in response. Dahyun covers her ears, inwardly apologizing them for her friends.

 

“Who is he?” Tzuyu asked excitedly.

 

“Just some guy.”

 

“It can’t be just SOME GUY,” Nayeon emphasized. “This guy HAS to be someone in order to catch our Dahyun’s eye.” Dahyun blushed thinking about him.

 

“Where did you meet him?” Mina questioned.

 

“I haven’t exactly met him.” A groan could be heard coming from the girls.

 

“Well then how did you find him?” Sana asked.

 

“I saw him at the beach one time. He was there, shirtless…” Dahyun sighed and stared off into the distance. Momo rolled her eyes and yelled “Dahyun!” in the younger’s ear. She snapped out of it and blushed. “Anyways, he was watching the ocean and I suddenly had the courage to go up and talk to him.” The girls gasped and asked “AND?!” Dahyun replied with “So I go up to talk to him, and then I tripped on a stick and fell face first into the sand.” The girls sighed “Awwwww.”

 

“What happened next?” Jeongyeon asked.

 

“I look up and he’s staring at me, so I get up and run as far away as I can. I haven’t seen him since.” Dahyun sighed and dropped her head.

 

“I’m sorry, buddy,” Nayeon wraps her arm around Dahyun’s shoulder. “Who knows. Maybe you’ll meet him again.” Dahyun shrugged.

 

“Maybe.”

 

“Anyways, did you girls get your schedules?” Jihyo asked. Everyone nodded their heads. “Lets check them out!” The girls placed their schedules in front of them and scanned for similarities.

 

“Ah! Sana and I have Intro to Drawing!” Chaeyoung bounced happily. Sana just happily nodded, a huge smile on her face.

 

“I have dancing with Nayeon, Momo, and Tzuyu,” Mina said.

 

“Jihyo and I have Vocal Training together,” Jeongyeon said. They gave each other a side hug.

 

“Ooh, Mina! We have Acting together! Yay!” Dahyun hugged the elder girl, both with bright smiles.

 

“Nayeonnie, Dahyun and I have Creative Writing, also,” Sana pointed out.

 

“Lets meet up here tomorrow before school starts. Bring it in, girls,” Jihyo instructed. All nine girls stuck their hands in the center. “Call me crazy, but I have a feeling that this year’s going to be awesome. Lets do our best and stick together. Who are we?!”

 

“One in a million, TWICE!”

 

 

 

Meanwhile, at a warehouse on the other side of the city, twelve boys either sat in boredom or annoyance.

 

“Argh, when’s hyung going to get here? It’s been ten minutes,” Hoshi asked lazily.

 

“I don’t know,” Mingyu replied to Hoshi.

 

“He’s the one who sent the text to meet up. Why the hell is HE late?” Vernon asked. He hung his head over the side of a couch, his legs draped over Joshua.

 

“Yeah,” Seungkwan agreed. He pulled up his phone. “See? His message says, ‘Hey, guys! School is startin’ up soon. We should catch up! Meet at the usual place at around 3:30. Peace out! - Seungcheol.’ ”All the guys groaned.

 

A few minutes later, they heard a knock on the door. Jeonghan walks up to the door and says, “Password?”

 

“Slip into the diamond life.” Jeonghan breathed a sigh of relief knowing who was behind the door. He unlocked the giant door and let in the eldest of the boys. Seungcheol walked into the warehouse smiling bright.

 

“Hello, everyone! How was your summer?”

 

“Where the heck were you?” Dino, the youngest, ignored Seungcheol. Seungcheol smiled guiltily.

 

“I’m sorry I was late, guys. I didn’t anticipate that it would take as long to get out of my house.” Seungcheol sat between Wonwoo and DK.

 

“We forgive you, hyung,” DK said, patting the elder’s back.

 

“We might’ve sent out a search party for you if you didn’t show up,” The8 added, peaking his head on the. Everything went into a comfortable silence.

 

“Ah!” Seungcheol exclaimed. All of the boys suddenly turned toward the leader in confusion.

 

“You okay, hyung?” Jun asked.

 

“Yeah. I just remembered the reason why we’re here. School is starting tomorrow!” The boys yelled a resounding “Woohoo!”

 

“Does anyone have their schedules?” Joshua asked. As if in anticipation, the rest of the boys puller out their schedules. “I guess so,” Joshua added. Everyone laughed and started discussing what classes they’d be taking.

 

“Oh cool! Mingyu, Jun, and I have Acting class together,” Wonwoo exclaimed happily. The two high-fived each other.

 

“I have Vocal Training with Joshua and Jeonghan,” Seungkwan added.

 

“Woozi, The8, and I have Dance,” Hoshi said happily.

 

“Aw, I don’t have Intro to Drawing with anyone,” the maknae pouted.

 

“Don’t worry, maknae. You’ll find someone to entertain you with,” DK teased Dino. The former messed with the Dino’s hair, annoying the younger.

 

“Vernon, Woozi, and I have Creative Writing together,” Seungcheol continued. Jun noticed Vernon staring off into space and raised his eyebrows.

 

“Hey.” Jun lightly patted Vernon’s arm, shaking him out of his dream state. “You okay?”

 

“Yeah. I’m fine. Why?”

 

“You were kind of staring off into space.”

 

“Sorry. I just, thought about something that happened over the summer.”

 

“What kind of thing?” Hoshi wondered.

 

“A girl thing.” Vernon sighed. All of the boys suddenly clustered around Vernon, all of their eyes on him. “What?” the man in question asked the group.

 

“What happened?” everyone questioned.

 

“Well, I was relaxing at the beach, minding my own business, when I heard a thump come from the side. I turn and a girl is, I kid you not, face down onto the sand.”

 

“Oooooh,” the boys said, imagining what it would feel like.

 

“Anyways, after a couple of seconds, the girl looks up with a surprised expression, and runs away. I haven’t seen her since.”

 

“Why would you be interested in a girl you saw for a few moments?”

 

“She was really pretty and looked cute with that expression.” Vernon smiled, thinking about the girl.

 

“Sorry, dude. Maybe you’ll meet her again,” The8 tried reassuring.

 

“Heh. Maybe, but I doubt it.”

 

“Alright. Lets bring it in, guys,” Seungcheol confidently said. All thirteen members gathered in a circle and each put one hand in. “I have a good feeling about this year. So lets make the most out of it. Who are we?!”

 

“Say the name, Seventeen!”

-------------------------------------------------------

Hello, fanfic readers and writers! Here is the introductory chapter to both groups. I tried to get them all to inteact within their respective sections and will try to do so in future chapters as well. I hope this gave you a little taste  of what's to come. :3

Subscribe, comment, and/or upvote if you like this.

Love Ya! <3

Geeky