07. JUNGKOOK, JIMIN, & TAEHYUNG

Good Girl. Bad Boy.

The alarm sounded and I got up. I dread getting up, but I have to. I sighed and trudged to the bathroom. I the faucet and allowed the water to run a bit so the water can get hot. Although it's Saturday, I need to get up early. With omma bedridden, I need to work. 

After changing into the dress code; plain white top and black bottoms, I headed downstairs to the kitchen. I began to make a simple breakfast for the kids to eat when they get up. It's only 7:00 am, everyone sleeps in on the weekends. Everything is a daily routine already. I get up, get ready, make breakfast, and head off for work. Hye Jin will heat up the food for the twins and herself, and bring it up for omma.

When I was done, I fixed myself a small breakfast and headed out. I took the bus to where I worked and arrived there a bit early. The place that I worked at was a cafe, that upgraded to a restaurant as well. I don't know where the boss got the idea, but he changed it up last year. So people can either come for meals or just to hang out with small snacks. 

When I entered the cafe, finding one of my coworkers there already.

"Morning, Hye Mi." He greeted. 

I smiled, "Morning, Seok Jin sunbaenim."

I grabbed my apron in the back and pulled it on, tying it around me.

"Aish, I told you to just call me Jin oppa." He said. 

I laughed a bit, "I'll try. It just feels a bit weird. Are the others here yet?" 

"Nam Joon and them? Not yet. You know how they don't come in early." He said. 

I laughed, "You're right." 

We spent the time prepping for the opening of the cafe. Jin put down the chair from the top of the table. Meanwhile, I wiped down the counters and prepared took out the things we needed. Not long later, the rest came in. 

"Morning." I greeted them. 

"Morning.." Yoongi grumbled. 

"Good morning~!" Hoseok said, hyper as usual. 

I laughed, "Good morning." 

Everyone went up to the second floor of the cafe, setting up everything. We began putting down the chairs and then we all cleaned the table tops. I then went over to the large windows and pulled aside the curtains, the sun shining in. 

I went over to the railings where you can look down to the first floor and called for Nam Joon, who went down to put away the rags. 

"Nam Joon o-ppa!" Them wanting to be all close and all... It's kind of weird after calling them sunbae for a long time.

Why can't they just allow me to call them sunbaes. It feels weird calling them oppa. Kind of like how I feel a bit weird calling Mark, oppa. But it feels nice calling him oppa... 

"Deh?!" He called back. 

"Can you bring up the menus?!" I asked. 

"Arasso!" He replied. 

"What happened to the menus up here?" Hoseok asked. 

"I don't know. Someone brought it all downstairs, I guess." I said. 

"Did anyone set up the tables outside?" Jin asked. 

"Ani." Yoongi said. 

"I'll go do it." I said. "Someone needs to help with the umbrellas though, it's too heavy." 

"I'll get the umbrellas." Yoongi headed down with me. 

I went to the corner and began to drag out the stacked chairs to the front. I began to place them at the tables. When I was done, I went back inside to get a spray bottle and a rag to wipe down the tables outside. Yoongi and Jin were bringing out the umbrellas and opened them up. As we were setting up the outside, the people that works in the kitchen and other employees came in. They all went in and began to prep for everything. 

When everything was done and ready, we all met downstairs.

"Okay, ready to open up?" Jin asked. 

"Ughh." Yoongi groaned. "People."

I laughed, "That's what this job is all about." 

"Whatever, I only did this because of Jin hyung." Yoongi said. 

Jin rolled his eyes and went to turn over the sign to 'open.' We opened up the blinds for the downstairs windows. We all went to our positions. I worked as a waitress, and sometimes the cashier. 

After a while, customers began coming in. I went to go serve them and guide them to their tables. 

Business went by as usual. Customers coming in and out. 

"Hye Mi, take the cashier for a bit." Jin said. "I need to use the restroom."

"Arasso." I said and went behind the counter. "I'll help who's next in line." 

"Huh. You work here?" A familiar voice said. 

I looked up from the screen and saw Jungkook and the other two standing there. I wanted to tell him off, but I can lose my job like that. I gave a force smile. 

"What can I get you three?" 

Jungkook smirked. Does he always have to smirk? Can't I just smack it off. Does he not have any other expressions to do? 

They told me their orders and then told me that they'll be waiting at a table outside. 

I rolled my eyes, "Yeah, yeah. I'll bring your guys order when it's ready. It'll be $18.25"

He handed me the money and they got out of line after I handed him the receipt. After helping out with a couple of customers, Jin came back and took back his position. 

"Hye Mi, this order is ready." Nam Joon called. 

I went over and put the things on the tray. Then I realized it was Jungkook's order. I sighed. I went out to the front, to the table that they were sitting at. 

"Here is your guys order." I said, placing it on the table and took the tray. 

"When did you start working here?" Jimin asked. 

"I've been working here for a while." I said. 

"Jjinja? I've never seen you here before though." Jimin said. 

I shrugged and was about to walk off, but then Taehyung spoke up. 

"So, how was dinner with Jungkookie, last time?" He asked. 

I furrowed my eyebrows, a bit confused. But then I realized what he was talking about. 

"Good, because he wasn't being a stupid jerk." I said. 

"And she wasn't giving me attitude." Jungkook added in. 

I rolled my eyes, "Whatever, Jungkook. I do not have an attitude." 

"Have you heard yourself?" He said. 

"Have you seen yourself?" It was as if we were at his house all over again. 

"I have, and again. I'm pretty hot." He smirked. 

I rolled my eyes, but a smile forming. "Again, keep dreaming."

I went inside and went back to work. I went to the top floor and helped out some of the employees take orders and clean up the tables. When I went back downstairs, my name was suddenly called. 

"Hye Mi, this goes to the table outside to that family." Nam Joon said, pointing outside. 

"Arasso." I said, taking both trays.

I went outside and smiled at the little kids that were sitting down outside. 

"Food! Kamsahamnida, unnie!" The little girl exclaimed.

I smiled and took notice of her cup, "You're welcome! Would you like more juice?" 

"Deh!" She grinned. 

I looked over to the parents if they approve of her having more juice and they nodded while smiling. I nodded back and took the cup. 

"How about you, would you like some more juice?" I looked at the little boy drawing.

He shyly looked at me and nodded as he hugged the stuffed shark. He's so cute! I took the cups and went back inside to refill. 

"Hye Mi-sunbae." The girl behind the counter said. "An order for a table outside." 

"Arasso." I said, picking up the tray, placing the cups on it as well. 

I went outside and gave the kids their juices again. They thanked me and I couldn't help but grin. They're so freaking cute. I then looked at the number card for the tray and turned around. 

"How much do you guys eat?" I said, placing the plates down onto their table. 

"As you can see, a lot." Taehyung said, already digging into the food that I just placed down. 

I laughed, "Don't over eat and get a tummy ache." 

"Tummy ache?" Jimin laughed. 

"Quiet. I'm used to talking to my brothers." I pouted. 

"How cute." Jimin leaned over and pinched my cheek. 

My face dropped and I slapped away his hand, "Yah!" 

He chuckled and I went back to work. They kept trying to call me over for no actual purpose. Only time I actually went over to talk with them is to scold them a bit for getting other employees to get me, and if they keep calling me out when I go to serve people outside. I don't want to lose m job. This place actually has a good pay, and I need to help my family with everything. Without this job, we might not even survive.

I looked at the time and saw that it was time for my lunch break. I informed the manager and he excused me. I took off my apron and grabbed my belongings. I know it's just a lunch break, but I don't want to spend my whole day in here. So I always go out for lunch instead of staying in there. 

As I was heading out, I saw Jungkook and Taehyung leaving the men's restroom. I pulled on my coat and headed out. 

"Ah, Hye Mi." I heard Jimin say as I passed by him.

I stopped and turned around, seeing him lean against the short fence that surrounded the outside of the place, his hands in his pockets. 

"What?" I asked. 

"Where are you going?" He asked. 

"It's my lunch break, so I'm going out." I replied. 

"Can we come." He grinned. 

"No." 

His face dropped to a pout and began to whine, "Wae?"

"What happened to your bad boy image?" I laughed. 

He came over to me and gave a cute grin, making two peace signs next to his face, "Wae? Don't like a cute guy?" 

A little laugh escaped my lips as he did aegyo. I reached over and pinched his cheeks this time. 

"Aigoo."I pinched both his cheeks. "This suits you more than the bad boy look." 

"Yah!" He pulled away from me. 

I laughed and turned back around, "I'll be going now." 

"Without a goodbye?" 

"Annyeong!" I continued walking as I waved back at them. 

Footsteps trudged behind me. Next thing I knew, Taehyung and Jimin were besides me. I looked back to see Jungkook quietly following along. Unlike these two, he's not much of the playful type. 

"Why are you guys following me?" I turned the corner.

"We're bored." Taehyung said. 

"And it's fun to follow me?" 

"I guess you can say that." He grinned. 

I rolled my eyes and continued to walk. I guess it doesn't hurt to have some company. We walked to a little restaurant that I go almost all the time for lunch. 

"Annyeonghaseyo, ahjumma." I bowed as I walked in. 

"Ah, annyeonghaseyo." She smiled from behind the counter. "I see that you have friends today." 

I nodded with a smile. She led us to a table and we all sat down. I sat down next to Taehyung, Jimin in front of him and Jungkook in front of me. 

"You guys aren't full? You guys ordered so much." I said as I saw them scan through the menu. 

"There is always room for food." Jimin said. 

I laughed and continued to look through the menu. One of the employees came over and took our orders. It was silent in the beginning as we sat there. It was kind of awkward. It's weird how we acted as we've been friends for such a long time earlier, but then it's these three. Jimin and Taehyung are actually people you can easily get along with, as long as you don't get on their nerves. Meanwhile, Jungkook... 

He was just leaning back in his chair as he looked through his phone. Even though we all are on our phone as well, at least Jimin and Taehyung are actually laughing or smiling. But Jungkook sat there with a blank face as he scrolled through whatever he was looking at. 

"Having fun there, Jungkook?" I asked him, sitting up straight. 

Jungkook looked up at me with a raised eyebrow. Taehyung leaned over and had a mischievous grin on his face. 

"Oh! Looking at hot girls, huh?" He said, putting an arm around him. 

Jungkook face suddenly became flustered, to my surprise. 

"I'm not!" He exclaimed. 

"You sure?" Jimin joined in on teasing him. 

Jungkook showed us his screen, defending himself, "I'm sure!"

I sat there, staring at the screen. He was on Instagram, viewing a video of these little puppies running around. I blinked a few times and then burst out laughing. Everyone else stared at me in confusion. 

"How cute." I managed to say between laughs. 

Jungkook rolled his eyes and slouched back into his chair, trying to hide his embarrassed face with the collars of his jacket. He looked up at me and did a small pout and averted his eyes back to his phone. I went back to my phone, going through my Instagram feed as well. 

"What's your Instagram username?" Jimin suddenly asked, peeking over my shoulder. 

I told him my username and he searched it up. A notification popped up and it was for permission for a follow. I accepted his follow and sent it back. When he accepted, I looked through his Instagram. 

"From a guy like you, I'd never expect you to take cute pictures like these." I said as I showed him the picture he posted. 

I'm assuming it was Halloween, and he was wearing a Mickey Mouse glove with a wizard hat. 

"You really love your siblings." He said, scrolling through my pictures. 

I posted a lot of pictures with my siblings. It felt weird to just post selcas of myself. I did post selcas of myself from time to time though. I continued to scroll through his pictures and came across a group picture. My eyes slightly widened as I saw the people in it. 

"You guys know them?" I faced the screen towards them. 

"Yeah. Jin hyung and them. They work at the same place as you." Taehyung said. 

"How do you guys know each other?" I asked, going back to my phone and looking at all their group pictures. 

"Jin hyung and Yoongi hyung graduated from our school last year. Hoseok hyung and Nam Joon hyung are third years." Jimin said. 

"Jjinja?" I said. "I never knew that." 

"You work with them and you don't know that?" Jungkook finally joined our conversation. 

"I don't ask them about their personal lives." I said. 

I looked at the tagged users and clicked on all of their usernames, requesting to follow them. Even Jungkook, cos why not? Taehyung and Jungkook accepted my request. I looked at Taehyung's pictures, a smile forming. 

"Oh my god, Taehyung. These photos." I said, looking at the derp photos he posts.

"Bringing out my inner alien." He grinned. 

I laughed and then went to Jungkook's profile. I saw pictures of him smiling and I began to smile. How cute... I looked at him, who was doing whatever he was on his phone. He should smile like this more often, like when I was having dinner with him last time. 

It wasn't a dull moment during my whole lunch break. Especially with Taehyung and Jimin here. I swear, I almost died from choking because I was laughing so much. This was the most entertaining lunch break I ever had. 

"Yah. Jeon Jungkook! I saw you take that!" I pointed my chopsticks at him. 

"I don't know what you're talking about." He said. 

"Don't try to act innocent! I saw you take the mea- Jimin!" Jimin quickly put the food he took in his mouth. 

I pouted, "Yah~! You guys have your own food!"  

"But yours is really good." Jimin cheekily grinned. 

I rolled my eyes, "Give me some of yours." 

I took the piece of the grilled chicken from his plate and ate it before he could say anything. 

"Aish! Kim Taehyung!" I smacked his hand as he was reaching over. 

"Waeeeeeeeeeee? At least let me have one. They got one." Taehyung pouted. 

I sighed, "Fine." 

He gave a cute grin and took a piece of meat. They're like little kids trapped in a teenager body. Talking about little kids and a teenager.... I took out my phone and dialed the house number. I completely forgot to call them. 

"Who are you calling?" Taehyung asked. 

"Home." I said. 

"Yobeoseyo? Noona?" I heard Young Min say on the other line. 

"Did you guys eat lunch?" I asked him. 

"Deh! Hye Jin noona made macaroni and cheese." 

"Again?" I laughed. "Did omma eat?" 

"We ate together in her room!" Kwang Min took over. 

"That's good." I smiled. "Tell Hye Jin to make a proper dinner, arasso? Noona will see you guys tonight." 

"Deh~!" Both said and we hung up. 

"Tonight?" Jungkook asked. 

"Mhm. I have another job." I said. 

"Another one? How many jobs do you have?" Jimin asked. 

"Enough to help out my family." I replied, continuing to eat my food.

When we were done eating, I stood up to go pay for the bill. As I was taking out the money, a credit card was placed down. 

"I'll pay for it." Jungkook said. 

"Awwww, Kookie~" Jimin placed an arm around him. 

"Aish. Hajima, hyung." Jungkook shrugged his arm off his shoulder. 

After he paid, they walked me back to work. 

"Where is your second job?" Taehyung suddenly asked. "And what shift?"

"At that one bubble tea shop a couple streets down the corner, around 6." I said. "Wae?" 

"We'll probably be seeing you then." Jimin winked. 

I gave them a, jokingly, disgusted face. "Please don't. Having lunch with you guys was bad enough." 

They all laughed, even Jungkook did. 

"Whatever. Now go back to work." Jimin shooed.  

"Annyeong." We all said to each other. 

I went back inside and resumed work. 

After my hours were done around 5:30, I got ready to go to my other job. I said goodbye to everyone else and took my leave. Halfway towards my other work place, hands suddenly covered my eyes, causing me to gasp in surprise. I touched the hands.

"Jimin, Taehyung..." I said. "Or... Jungkook?" 

"Heol. You said those three names instead." The hand let go of me and I turned around. 

"S-Sehun!" I exclaimed. 

"Mhm. So.. Why did you say those three names instead?" Sehun asked. 

"I-It's because I was with them not long ago..." I said. "How come you're here?"

"I was going to go to your work place, and I saw you walking." He replied. 

"Oh." I said. "Let's go then.." 

We headed to the place in silence. How awkward. I thought it would be one of them, since they said that they'll be probably seeing me later on. I didn't expect to suddenly see Sehun here. When we arrived at my second job, I went to the back and checked in with the manager. I took the apron and tied it on, heading to the cash register for my shift. I switched out with one of the employees and began taking the orders. When Sehun was up to order, I still felt sort of awkward. Everyone in the student council know that I think those three are annoying and I didn't really like them. But my view on them keeps changing; right now they're nice people. 

"Is this for the others too?" I slightly smiled as I saw that he ordered so many drinks. "Did you lose a bet or something." 

Sehun pouted while nodding, causing me to laugh. 

"Your order number is 709." I said. 

Sehun took his receipt and went to go sit down and wait for his order. When there was no one in line to order food or drinks, I went to go help make the drinks, shaved ice, and snacks. 

"Hye Mi, this goes to the table number 19." 

"Deh." I took the patbingsu and headed to table 19. "Ah." 

"Annyeong~ I told you we'll be seeing you later." Jimin grinned as he saw me. 

"Do you guys eat 24/7?" I laughed as I placed down the patbingsu in front of them. 

"We live to eat." Taehyung said. 

"Isn't it supposed to be, we eat to live?" I raised an eyebrow, a smile spreading. 

Taehyung shook his head, "Ani. For us, we live to eat."

I laughed "Yet you guys have a good figure." 

"It's called working out at the gym." Jimin flexing his muscles. "Wanna see my abs next?"

I rolled my eyes, "No thanks. I need to go back to work." 

"Oh well, your lost." I rolled my eyes again, a smile forming as I walked back to behind the counter. 

I continued to help prepare the orders and took orders for customers coming in. 

"Sehun-ah, your order is ready!" I called for him, bagging the drinks. 

Sehun came over and took the bag, "Komawo, noona. See you at school." 

"Annyeong~! Have fun with your friends." I waved as he headed out the door. 

After about an hour and a half, I was given a little break. I made myself a drink, which of course will be coming out of my paycheck. It's just the same as if I was paying for it myself. When I was done, I went to go see if they were still here. 

Surprisingly, they were. 

"Is it your break now?" Jimin asked. 

I nodded and sat down next to Jungkook, "You guys stay for a long time." 

"We were waiting for you." Jungkook said, not looking at me. 

I stared at him in surprise. I felt this weird feeling in my chest, but I shrugged it off. 

"Kookie insisted on staying." Jimin wiggled his eyebrows. 

"Jjinja?" I looked at him. 

"Ani! You two were the ones who kept whining." Jungkook crossed his arms. 

"Sure~" Taehyung said. 

I laughed and smiling towards Jungkook.

I pinched his cheek, "Komawo, Kookie."

"Yah!" He pulled away from my hand. "I told you it wasn't me!" 

'He's lying,' Jimin mouthed to me. We spent our time chatting. Of course, Jungkook wasn't as talkative as the other two, but he was active in our conversations. My break ended and I went back to work. They said they would wait for me to finish my shift, which I declined and told them to go home. But they insisted on staying. They had "nothing to do." 

When I finished work, they were still here as they had said. I couldn't help but smile and feel warm from the fact that they stayed for me. 

"It's 9:30, and you guys are still here?" I said as I went towards their table. 

"Wae? Want us to go home? We said we would wait for you." Taehyung said. 

"It's late though." 

They all just shrugged. 

"Hold this for me." I held out my phone and jacket to Taehyung. 

My hair was kind of a mess right now, so I need to fix it. I tied my hair back up to a high pony tail. When I was done, all I see was them looking down at my phone. I went behind them and peeked over their shoulders. 

"What are you guys doing?" I asked. 

Jimin locked my screen, the screen going black, "Nothing~" 

I stared at them in suspicion, my eyes squinting. But Jimin and Taehyung gave me an innocent look, Jungkook having his neutral expression. I rolled my eyes and took back my phone and jacket. I pulled on my jacket and we headed down the road. 

"Where are we going?" I asked as I followed them.

I usually just go home right afterwards, but since they are here, I can hang out for a bit. By the time I get home, Hye Jin would have tucked the twins in already. She'll either be watching drama in her room or in the living room, or just in her room socializing with her friends on her phone. 

"Have you ever went out at night and hung out?" Jimin asked. "Experienced the night life of Seoul." 

I thought about it and then shook my head, "I'm too busy with work and school. The only time I go out is to take my siblings out or go buy groceries."

"Jjinja?" Jungkook asked. 

I nodded. 

"Wow. That's sad." 

"Yah. How is it sad that I take care of my family?" I raised an eyebrow at him. 

He just shrugged his shoulders. I rolled my eyes and followed the three to wherever. As we were waiting to cross the crosswalk, I heard a sound. 

"Did you hear that?" I asked them. 

"Hear what?" Jimin asked. 

"It sounded like a click." I said, looking around. 

They looked at me with a puzzled expression. I just shook my head and waved it off. 

"Never mind. I must be hearing things." I said. 

I kept looking over my shoulders. Am I hearing things? It's weird.  I thought I heard a click sound last time too. The sound of the beeping of the crosswalk broke me out of my thoughts. I trailed behind the three, not really sure where we're going. Actually, I'm not sure at all. 

"How long has it been since you've gone out?" Taehyung asked. 

"Uhm...." I started to think. "Around the end of middle school?" 

"Heol." 

"Have you ever tried the street food?" 

"Of course I have." I said. "I sometimes get it with my siblings."

"By sometimes, I'm guessing rarely." Jungkook stuffed his hands in his pockets. "From what we know. You barely go out and barely have free time." 

I rolled my eyes as I crossed my arms. That's not true... Well... Okay.. It's somewhat true. But not all true!

Taehyung suddenly shot out his arm, a big grin on his face, "Let's go eat more food!" 

"You guys really do eat all day." I laughed. 

"Like hyung said earlier," Jungkook slightly grinned. "We live to eat." 

I laughed and rolled my eyes, "Yeah, yeah."


A/N: ANNYEONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG. I'M SO SORRY THAT I TOOK SO LONG.

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! I tried making it long to make up for how long I took to update. I know it's sort of random. But It's still leading to what I have planned for upcoming chapters. 

Thank you for supporting me! Put down your thoughts in the comments! I'd love to know how you guys felt about the story or the chapter. c: It also gives me a lot of motivation. Thank you again! Sorry for the long author note

Saranghae~!!!