I'll Be The Chef Tonight

Exo Imagines

Author's Note

I'm dedicating this chapter to my best friend Josh who even though he doesn't like k-pop or fanfictions has read through my stories and supported me as much as he can, he hasn't just supported me with my writing but my art, interests and life in general. He really is the best friend I could ever ask for and I just want to thank him for all that he's done for me. 

 

It was the weekend and I was starting to cook dinner. When my boyfriend Xiumin rang me.

"Hey honey-bun" I answered the phone smiling from ear to ear.

"Hey baby girl, I have a surprise for you."

"What is it?" I answered excitedly as I stopped preparing dinner.

"Don't cook dinner, I'll be the chef tonight you need to comeover and have a sleep over" I could hear the rustling of grocery bags.

"Okay I'll be over in an hour"

"See you then baby girl ,I love you bye." The call ended.

I was slightly frustrated, I had just started cooking dinner and then he tells me to come over for a sleep over. Well at least I hadn't really done anything except for getting out the ingredients. I packed as quickly as I could then rushed over to see my honey-bun Xiumin. I knocked on the door I could smell the food already and it was intoxicating.

"Hey baby girl" he kissed my cheek before going back to cooking.

"So what's for dinner, Chef?" I questioned him from across the kitchen island.

"An entree of small freshly made rice paper rolls followed by a main course of dumplings with a side of fried rice and dessert....is an extra special surprise." he replied while getting on with cooking dinner.

"It sounds great! Can I help?"

"You can't help me I'm doing all of the work tonight I am even going to clean up. You can go get ready for dinner."

"Okay then I'll go put on something special." I went in to my room and had a shower before blow drying my hair and getting dressed in a simple and pretty flowing red dress that fell just above my knees. Then I did my hair in a french twist with a red and gold hair clip, I put on the gold locket Xiumin bought me and then a pair of red flats. I checked my self over in the mirror before heading out to see what was happening in the kitchen. 

While I had gotten ready Xiumin had lit candles and put a vase on the table. I could smell the dumplings cooking while he made the rice paper rolls.  I coughed to get his attention when he looked up he stopped for a few seconds.

"You look breathtakingly beautiful my darling." He finally said in awe before handing me a bouquet of red roses.

"Thank you." I smiled and smelt the roses putting them in the vase.

"Dinner is almost ready baby girl why don't you sit down." Xiumin calls from the kitchen serving up the entree.

I sat down and he brought over the entree then he headed back bringing the pan of dumplings and rice down on heat proof mats. Dinner tasted great and it was over before I realised it had started. I was laughing the entire time at his ridiculous yet subtle jokes and I melted a little bit on the inside everytime I saw him laugh or show his giant smile. I was almost sad when it was over.

"Since we're done how about I clean up and you go get pick a movie and prepare for the surprise dessert."

"Can I pick a chick flick?"

"You can pick whatever you want. I don't mind as long as I get to spend time with you."

I went over to the shelf of movies scanning over them quickly. In the end, I picked the romantic comedy When Harry met Sally, it is an old movie but it's one of my favourites plus it's not too sappy. I put it in the movie player and sat down. Not long after Xiumin came across with dessert; chocolate fondue. He sat down put his arm around my shoulder and offered me a strawberry with chocolate. I took a bite of the strawberry and pressed play on the movie snuggling into his warm body. We watched the movie and Xiumin continued to feed me and himself fondue. When the fondue was finished he held my hand our fingers intertwined perfectly moulding together. Then he brought my hand up to his face and kissed the back of my hand I looked up at him and smiled kissing his cheek before going back to watching the end of the movie. when the movie finished I got up and hugged Xiumin. He cupped my face gently in his hands before gently kissing me.

"Y/N, I hope you enjoyed dinner."

"I loved it honey-bun we should do something like this again."

"Yes we should, it's late I'm heading to bed your room is ready as always but come to my room if you need anything. Good night." he said before heading to bed, I followed behind heading to my room instead of his. I brushed my teeth and changed into my nighty and hoped into the soft comfy bed. I fell asleep easily thinking about the wonderful time I'd had with Xiumin.

BOOM! A flash came through the window. It was a thunderstorm; one of my ridiculous fears. I got up and into ran to Xiumin's room tears running down my face. He woke up after hearing me enter his room.

"What's wrong Y/N come here" he tapped the bed beside him I got in and was immediately engulfed in his warm comforting arms.

"I'm sc sc scared of th th th thunder" I managed to stutter out through my tears. Xiumin held me tighter and gently patted my hair.

"It's okay I'll keep you safe. It won't hurt you, you're too precious to me." he protectively held me until I fell asleep, whispering sweet comforting things into my ear. It didn't take me long to fall asleep in his arms, mainly because they felt like home.

The End.