Fears

Doubts and Fears
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Did you ever felt that feeling when the silence was so loud you don’t know what to do? It’s like breathing loudly was a sin? As if a single movement could kill you? That’s what Lee Hayi was feeling right this moment. She was standing in front of her boyfriend, their hands intertwined. She was actually holding her breath and her tears. She didn’t knew why but she was fervently wishing this talk would not end in a goodbye.

 

She was busy staring at him. How many weeks since they last saw each other? 3 or was it 4? A month? She lost counts already. He changed. A changed so drastic she didn’t know how to cope. From his complexion which looked a little bit paler than before to that hair that was used to be always brush off from his face by his signature cap, was now permed. So much changed, she was scared that even his feelings for her changed as well.

 

“Hi,” he whispered but due to the silence, she heard him loud and clear. His deep voice surprised her and this made her jerked. She looked up and met those eyes, partly being obstructed by his hair. She wanted to see his eyes. Those eyes that is so small, it looked like slits when he smiles. He seized her hands as she touch his hair. “Michidorok bogosipeodo mot bwatji naye sarang,” he said as a sad smile grazed his face. This made Hayi smile too.

 

“Yah, that’s from your song, ,” Hayi said, trying to break the gloom and anxiety she was feeling. He smiled and hugged her.

 

“Yeah, but it’s the truth. I miss you like crazy but I couldn’t see you. And you’re my love,” he answered and Hayi couldn’t stop the tears from flowing down her cheeks. Suhyun was right, anyway. How dare she doubt this guy’s feeling for her? He was the one who struggled to prove their love to their Sajangnim. He was the one who gave his all to be with her while her, she wait like a princess for him, doing absolutely nothing. Indeed, how dare Lee Hayi doubt Kim Jiwon?

 

She looked at him and he started wiping her cheeks when he noticed that she was crying. “Mianhe, oppa. I’m sorry I ever doubted your feelings. I know I sounded so selfish. Well, I am selfish. I’m hating myself,” Hayi said and she grabbed Bobby’s hand to stop him from wiping her tears. She shook her head. “I’m so sorry. It’s fine if you want a break-up, Ji. For once I don’t want to be selfish anymore,” she said and leave his side. She went to the settee and slumped herself there. He sat beside her, silence enveloping them again. They just stared at the space in front of them. Both minds occupied with this struggle they’re facing.

 

“Do you want to break up with me?” Bobby asked, breaking the silence which made Hayi to whip her gaze on him. He held her hands and sadly smirked. He intertwined their hands together. “I was actually afraid to ask that. I’m fearing your answer would be yes,” he said, staring at their hands. It looked perfectly fit no matter the difference in size. He didn’t want to ever let go of this hands.

 

“I heard you said to Suhyun that you’re in doubt. Well, guess what, I’m afraid, Hi,” Bobby stated which made Hayi’s brows to furrow. “I’m frightened that while I’m busy chasing my dreams, my other dream would drift away. I was scared that you would drift away from me. I was fearful that while I was gone, someone else would take my place in your heart. It’s such a scary feeling, Hi,” he said. Hayi couldn’t help but cry again

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter