Now and Then

Now and Then

  Seunghyun loved his boyfriend, he really did. For so long their relationship had been wonderful, going from childhood friends, to reconnecting as trainees after they lost track of each other for a while, then debuting as a group with the rest and becoming lovers. Maybe that was the problem. They had been through so much together, as a couple as well as with the rest of the group, and much of it was best left forgotten. Jiyong had so much to deal with as leader, not the least of what were his own scandals, as well as those of Seungri and Daesung, not to mention trying to keep everyone sane and on point during their insane work schedules. Maybe he just could no longer deal with Seunghyun's depression and tendency to isolate himself.
The past is so familiar
But that's why you couldn't stay
Too many ghosts, too many haunted dreams
Beside you were built to find your own way...
  Still, Seunghyun had thought they were stronger than everything, or at least hoped they were. Maybe he was, or maybe he was the weak one for expecting them to stay together. Jiyong had always done everything his own way after all. Even when they were in the same room now the dragon was far away, thinking about music or the group, or planning to flit to this party or that fashion show with this girl or that guy. Was Jiyong actually cheating? Honestly, Seunghyun didn't know, not that it mattered. Before being Kwon Jiyong, certainly before being the boyfriend of the bumbling doofus hyung of BigBang, Jiyong was G Dragon, with all that entailed.
But after all these years, I thought we'd still hold on
But when I reach for you and search your eyes
I see you've already gone...
  A clean breakup would have been far easier to take, but no. Jiyong kept asking  Seunghyun if he was okay, if they were okay, as though he actually cared as more than his leader. It had been a long time since he'd actually meant it when Jiyong said he loved Seunghyun. Now it was just a routine usually after a quick bout of , where he was yanking on his pants and running off without even a kiss goodbye, before  Seunghyun even had a chance to , leaving him to sadly clean himself out and pathetically in the shower, only to curl up in bed alone with his pillows and a bottle of wine. Still, he hoped instead of breaking it off himself, as pathetic as he felt. He wished Jiyong would just go, while they still had a chance of staying together as GD&TOP, and the leader and eldest of BigBang. Seunghyun would then be able to drink and cry, and mope around a while before dusting himself off and moving on. The only thing he would ask of Jiyong was that he remember what they had had together. He meant the emotional connection they once shared, and the fun they had getting creative when they went out on dates to spend time together alone, not just the his little leader crawling into his bed at all hours, or making love to him in the most unusual places and positions. He would miss all the little things they used to do to show each other how they felt about each other. Still, Seunghyun survive. After all, Kwon Jiyong wasn't the only thing in the universe, no matter what he thought.
  That's OK
I'll be fine
I've got myself, I'll heal in time
But when you leave just remember what we had...
There's more to life than just you
I may cry but I'll make it through
And I know that the sun will shine again
Though I may think of you now and then...
  When Jiyong finally announced he wanted to break up since they had grown apart, Seunghyun just laughed and said they hadn't really been together for so long it didn't really matter if there was a formal announcement or not. He wasn't actually bitter, just sad and relieved someone finally said it. He would have himself, but he didn't want the the dragon to raise holy hell about it not being his idea. The rest of the group didn't need to deal with any drama after all, and Jiyong was excellent at drama. Seunghyun couldn't claim to be okay, but he would be. By now they had nothing but the ashes of a relationship that once was, and even of those barely anything was left, so it would be best for both of them to just scatter the remains. His heart may have been in pieces after the last embers of hope burned out, but he had plenty of things to throw himself into until he healed and was ready to move onto someone new. Or not. Maybe he'd just stay with himself and use his experiences and he would be stronger for it, whatever might happen. He told Jiyong he only wanted one thing from him. Once he walked out of Seunghyun's life as his boyfriend for good, he couldn't return as anything but G Dragon, TOP's leader. He knew there was a chance. He'd seen it before, and wasn't going to put himself through that.
Can't do a thing with ashes
But throw them to the wind...
Though this heart may be in pieces now
You know I'll build it up again and
I'll come back stronger than I ever did before
Just don't turn around when you walk out that door...
  Seunghyun did do his crying, and a nasty bout of depression where he locked himself away for days, but then he was finished. He took a shower, called his cleaning company to come put his villa back together and throw out all the empty bottles, then hunted up Daesung and Seungri to see if they were free for lunch, since all he'd eaten for weeks was ramen and ice cream. After that, he was ready for work. There was no more Seunghyun and Jiyong, only G Dragon and TOP, and that was fine with him. He went to the restroom, straightened his spine, took a final look at himself in the mirror, and went with his group mates to start his post Jiyong life, sparing only one final brief thought for a memory of when they were together.
That's OK
I'll be fine
I've got myself, I'll heal in time
And even though our stories at the end
I still may think of you now and then...