Chapter 8 - Healing Sequence

Experimental Error

The wind blew hard as I hang onto the side of the mountain. The rock climbing harness provided much rest and relief as I hooked it onto the climbing hooks on the side of the mountain. Esther…. Her face was etch in my head throughout the climb. She was my Neighbour who had suddenly disappeared on a hiking trip 10 years ago. I remember how I cried and sat outside their house on the days after that. We had been inseparable as kids. 

A loud helicopter sound was heard and I peeped out from the spot that I was taking cover from. The rest of the prisoners were loaded onto the plane. I sighed in relief, knowing that Esther along with the rest will received the much needed medical care.

Y/N…. Hide. Find Steven. He can help you. Hide… … Goodbye Y/N… Thank you for everything… 

A weak voice rang in my head. Tears filled my eyes as I tried to hold my emotions back. I said a short prayer and closed my eyes, taking in comfort that he was finally reunited with his family. Clutching onto the notes in my jacket that he had passed me on the way out, I gritted my teeth and continue the downwards climb. It was not going to be long till night fall and I had to find shelter soon.

Seunghyun POV

I closed his eyes as the helicopter took off. I had vowed never to be separated from her again and yet this time round I couldn’t keep that vow. It broke my heart to think of the possible things that could happen to her. Despite the fact that she had blades and the healing sequence, I was still afraid that something bad could happen to her.

“Hyung…” A cold hand gripped me from the side and I turned to look in that direction. My eyes widen at what I saw and my heart started beating quickly.

“Dae?…. You okay?” I asked as my eyes examined him from head to toe. His hand was clutching onto his thigh and his pants was soaked in blood. I had not noticed it before and Daesung had not expressed that he was injured. I immediately took some of the cloths that were scattered around and press it hard on Daesung bleeding wound.

“Urghhhhh…” He whimpered as I applied more pressure. His body slumped to the side and he leaned against me.

“Dae…. I need to stop the bleeding. Bear with it alright?” I said as I continue pressing hard on it but there wasn’t any response from Daesung.

“What happened?!” Youngbae gasped from the back, shifting his grip from Seungri and sitting up a little.

“Seunghyun, shift him here beside Jiyong.” Papa Yang said as he continue to look at the medical officers now trying to set an infusion plug on an unconscious Jiyong. I nodded and carried Daesung limp body and laid him beside. One of the medic immediately took over from me and rendered the appropriate first aid care.

Both their faces were pale and their breathing was shallow and ragged. I cursed under my breathe as I continue to hold onto Daesung’s hand. 

Suddenly the alarm beeping sound filled the silence and everyone looked at where it was coming from. - Jiyong’s heart monitor.

“. Ji come on!!! ” Papa Yang cursed as he bent down towards Jiyong and supported his neck upwards, protecting his airway as the other medics started CPR. His heart had stopped and now they are doing everything they can to bring him back.

Seungri started whimpering behind and Youngbae prayer was heard. Despite not being a religious person, Seunghyun closed his eyes and started wishing incredibly hard. For everyone to be safe, fine and for everything to return back to normal days, where the most tiring thing was going from schedule to schedule.

Just as they were continuing the medical interventions, the helicopter came to a rest on the helipad of the hospital and medical professionals came running out to receive Jiyong and Daesung. Exiting the helicopter, I piggyback Seungri and placed him on a wheelchair gently.

“Youngbae, are you injured?” I asked in concern. He shook his head.

“You?” 

"No I am not.” As we followed everyone into the hospital. 

Outside the waiting room, I slumped against the wall as Papa Yang came round to put his hands on my shoulder.

“We will get her.” He says with a determined voice. 

I nodded, hanging my head low to prevent him from seeing the tears flowing down my face. My finger played around with the metal piece that Dr Leo had fished out from my ear. Suddenly recalling that I may be able to communicate with her, I ask Papa Yang to help me insert it into my ear.

“What is this?” He asked. 

“A transmitter.” I replied as he inserted it successfully.

“Don’t tell anyone about it.” He replied, looking at me seriously. “She could be in grave danger if anyone else knows about that.” He continued. It was no surprised that he knew of such information. Papa Yang had always been a powerful man. I nodded and Youngbae gripped onto my hand that was clenched into a fist.

Y/N…. Hide… Find Steven. He can help you.  

I lifted my head from the sudden information from Dr Leo voice. Steven…. The scientist steven.

“Papa Yang, I need your help.” I asked while looking at him urgently. He nodded before pulling me to a quiet room to listen to what I have to say. 

Y/N POV

I found a small cave at the side of the mountain and climbed inside. This will be my refuge area for tonight before I begin scaling down the mountain. I was cold, hungry and weak but I had to persevere. The plan was to scale down the mountain, get some help and proceed to the closest hospital the guys were admitted.

I closed my eyes against the dark surroundings. The sound of sirens was in the air as I hear helicopter flying pass me every now and then. I refused to think that they were searching for me; rather I tried to believe in the fact that they were merely looking for any survivors. 

Y/N can you hear me?

A voice rang in my ears. The familiar low voice. My brother.. I sat up straight, trying my best to focus and reply.

Yes! Is everyone safe? Where are you guys?

Y/N? Can you hear? Are you receiving this?

Yes!! I can hear you.

Y/N?? Why aren’t you replying? Are you ok? Stay safe. I love you.

I closed my eyes as tears rolled down my face. The transmitter was damaged probably and I could only hear him. It was a relief to hear his voice, to know that he was safe. I huddled into the corner as the image of Jiyong pain stricken face as the bullet hit him in the stomach replayed in my mind. “Ji….” I whimpered to the deadly silence around me. I needed to get out. I needed to know that he was safe.

Once the sky started lighting up and the way down became visible, I stepped out and carefully made my way down to the bottom. The cracks in the cave had given me some water to drink, replenishing my energy. With fast movements, I reached the bottom of the mountain in no time. In the far distance, I could see houses. I ran quickly as the sound of sirens still filled the air. I had to be careful for they could be the secret service that Dr Leo had warned me about.

I stopped in fear as I came nearer to one of the house. It had smoke coming out from the top of it and looked like the houses seen in the variety show: family outing. Rural, old houses. I debated internally if it was worth the risk but I shivered and I knew I had to get some food and clothes.

“Who are you?” An old lady with a wrinkled face asked as she saw me standing outside of her house.

“Grandmother….. … I was hiking… But I got lost…. Please help me….” I blurted out as I looked towards the floor. Her voice reminded me of home, of warmth, of love and I my heart ached at that. Tears were dripping from my eyes before I felt a warm pair of hands pulling me into the house.

“Come dear. Why are you crying. Goodness! You are freezing. Come lets get you some clothes and food….” She said warmly, all the while keeping a tight hold on my arm. Inside the warm house, she look through her clothes and instructed for me to wait here while she went to another room. 

Re-emerging with a pile of clothes, she laid them on the floor and sat beside me.

“Are you injured?” She asked as she looked at the blood stains on my clothes.

I shook my head. “Just scratches….” Although I knew there was none. The healing sequence would have healed any small cuts almost immediately.

She nodded and placed jeans, a hoodie and a kaki colour jacket  in my hand. “Change, these are my granddaughter clothes. I am sure she won’t mind. She barely comes here anyway.” I nodded as I clutched the clothes towards me and headed to the bathroom. 

Right after I had washed up and changed, I exited the toilet and saw her cooking something in the kitchen. The smell filled the air and my stomach grumbled in protest. Before I could get near her, a knock was heard on the door. My eyes widen in surprised and fear filled me as I wondered if I have led the secret service to her house, putting her in danger. Grandmother turned around immediately and pointed to the clothing cupboard and instructed me to keep quiet. Once I was hidden, she went to the door and opened it.

“Oh hi. How can I help you?” She said.

“We are from secret service department. Basically internal security. Have you seen this person?” One of the man said.

“Hmmm no. This town is filled with old people, if I have seen a pretty lady like her I would have noticed…” She replied, lying without any signs of nerve in her voice. 

“Well if you seen her, tell her we want to help. This is our number.” The man replied as they left the house.

Once a few minutes have past and grandmother had ensured that it was safe, she came over to open the door of the cupboard and pulled me out. “They are looking for you.” She said as she pulled me to the kitchen, gesturing for me to take a seat as she served me food.

“Eat. You must be hungry.” She stated as she put the chopsticks into my hand.

I nodded and begin eating quickly. The taste of food, especially home cooked food was heaven to my tongue. “You know about….?” I trailed off as I directed the question to her.

She flashed me a warm smile and nodded slowly. “Dr Leo… He was a kind man. They tried to escape once, but it didn’t end nicely. The other Son was taken away by the secret service….. He thought they were sincere in helping…. He must have warned you about them right?” She asked.

I nodded. “He asked me to find another scientist..”

She nodded as I continue stuffing my mouth. “Don’t eat so fast. Slow down. Stay here in the day, they will be looking for you. You can leave once the night fall.” She commented, smiling at me eating so quickly. I nodded once again, feeling my tears welled up once again. 

“And you gotta stop crying so much silly. You need to be strong. You understand that?” She replied as she pulled me into a reassuring hug. “I heard sounds yesterday. Have the bad guy die?” She whispered. 

I nodded again. “They are dead. Gone for good.”

“Good. Good. Finally. I knew his day would come. Karma bites.” She replied as she the television.

Footage of the mountain with smoke coming out from side was seen. Big Bang faces were shown as the news reporter reported the news quickly. “The members of bigbang were hiking and were reported to have been injured in the mountain fire. Currently G-Dragon, Daesung and Seungri is admitted at Gayo hospital. Please avoid crowding near the hospital as more casualty are brought down from the mountain. The cause of the fire is still unknown, although sources cited a small explosion. Experts are investigating and we will bring you the latest news once we have them.”

I stopped eating and stare at the television in shocked. Gayo hospital. I need to go there. Before finding Steven, I need to make sure that they are fine.

“Your friends?” Grandmother asked as she glanced at me. 

I nodded. “Family.. Seunghyun is my brother. G-Dragon is my boyfriend….”

Grandmother stood up and went searching for something in the cupboard as I quickly finish the remaining of the food and started clearing and washing the dishes.

“Leave it. I will wash it later…” Grandmother asked and I shook my head to continue washing. She laugh loudly “Stubborn girl. Why does everyone that comes down from the mountain have the same quality of stubbornness.”

After I was done, I joined her beside the table where she had laid out a map. “See this route, you follow and go this way. 20KM, then the hospital is here. I can get someone to drive you halfway then you will have to find your own way from there.” She replied.

“Thank you grandmother.” I replied as I hugged her tightly.

“It’s okay dear. You feel like my granddaughter. Aish… Once everything is alright, come visit me okay? I will cook for you again.” She replied as she pulled me in and wrapped her arms around me tightly.

I nodded against her grasp. A feeling of warmth spread throughout my body. 

“Okay go sleep. Long day tonight.” She replied as she led me into the room and allowed me use her mattress and blanket. “Goodnight god-granddaughter.” She whispered before closing the door.

Y/N stay safe. I love you. 

The voice echoed in my head again. I closed my eyes, wondering if I am hallucinating as I was aware that Dr also had removed my brother transmitter from his ears. As fatigue take over my body, I drifted to sleep.

Once the sky has darken, grandmother sent me out on my way to the hospital. “Stay safe. Be strong.” She called out as I sat in the truck that was going to drive me halfway the journey. The route was extremely dark and extremely quiet. Coming to a stop, the driver tapped lightly on the side of the truck and I got off. Once off I tapped lightly and it drove away. Now I was really on my own, I move quickly, remaining to the side of the roads where the grass were overgrown. I was afraid that any search party will be coming through this route. After moving for another 15 minutes, Gayo hospital could be seen in the distance. I figured that I will have to enter through the fire exit, not a problem for me since I found that I could move faster after whatever the experiments did to me. 

The hospital was filled with people and there were security at almost every corner. I ducked down and examined the rooms with security. Youngbae was sitting outside of one of the room with his head down. He was sleeping with the manager beside him. Looking around, I could not spot Seunghyun anywhere. Counting the intervals that the security was making the rounds, I moved into the room quickly once the security turned the corner. I gasped in horror as I saw Daesung laying there with multiple bag of drips and bloods hanging from the stand. Moving closer, I placed my hand over his bandage area and quickly started healing. I remain alert, sensing any movements from the outside and coming up with an alternative plan should anyone come into the room.

Once the wound was slightly healed and I feel my energy draining from me, I quickly stopped and peer outside of the room. I could not risk getting too tired from overheating as I remembered what Dr Leo told me. Moving quickly, I hid in the fire exit and found a hidden corner. Squeezing into it, I clutched onto my knees and closed my eyes in exhaustion. One down, one more to go. I needed to rest up to gain energy for Jiyong’s wound, which would probably be worst than Daesung.

Y/N??

The voice rang in my head as my head shot up. It was already bright morning by the time I had awoken. The light from outside seeping into the stairways.

Oppa???

Y/N!!! You can hear me right?

Yes. Are you okay? I don’t see you anywhere.

I am fine. Are you hiding? Hide well. The secret service are everywhere in the hospital. Did you heal Daesung? His wound had improve dramatically.

Yeah. Where’s Jiyong. Is he alright?

He… He is in the intensive care unit. Upstairs. Room 9. 

Okay Oppa. Stay safe. I love you. I need to find Steven. 

I know. I will leave some documents consisting information of him at the foot of Jiyong’s mattress. Take them.

Okay. I love you.

Me too. Come now. The secret service just left. I will stand outside.

Coming.

And I rushed up the stairs. Once ensuring that there wasn’t any danger, I darted into the room so quickly that Seunghyun didn’t noticed.

“No … No no….” I whispered as I saw the state Jiyong was in. Wires were hooked up and there were many infusion lines. A large bandage was draped over his stomach. An oxygen mask was on his face and the machine sounded as though it was helping him breathe. I rushed over and gave him a kiss on his forehead. The familiar feeling warming my heart and I closed my eyes to focus on healing. “I love you Ji….” I whispered as I continue to focus. My thoughts went back to the day we first met. The day that we decided to tell my brother that we are in love and dating. The day that my brother nearly killed him after we had a bad argument. As I was distracted, I didn’t hear commotion coming from outside.

Y/N RUN NOW 

I shook my head of the thoughts and opened my eyes. The room not looking the same as it begin the spin. “….” I cursed under my breathe as I realised that I must have overused my energy. As the room continue to spin and I tried to steady myself, the door burst opened with a man coming into the room. “No Y/N!!!!” Seunghyun shouted as I tried to make a dash out of the room.

It was a futile attempt as the dizziness overtook my head and darkness started to make its way to the sides of my vision. The secret service man caught me before I fell to the ground and injected something to the side of my neck.

“Y/N???” I could hear Jiyong’s voice but I was unable to keep my eyes open. “No!!!!” Was the last thing I heard before darkness enveloped me.