Love at first sight?

Broken Dreams...

"10:42 am," I told myself.  "Better get up then."

I stuck my head out the window and took a deep breath; the morning air was cool and comfortable - perfect for going out for a run.  I threw on my clothes, grabbed a water bottle and was out the door within five minutes.

Stiffly, I started up the hill towards the beach.  My breathing was heavy. My heart was pounding. I took a long swig of water and encouraged myself on. I imagined the sea spray on my legs and the gentle breeze on my face. 

"Yah! Ha-jin!"  Mi-cha yelled after me.  "Wait for me!"

I stopped running and turned around.

"Here you go."  

She a small pink envelope into my hands, grinned and walked away. For a young girl of seven, she was very grown up... too grown up. When I was her age I wouild have been too frightened to walk up to a nineteen year old for any reason.  I carefully prized open the envelope and read the note:

To Ha-jin,

Please come to my party at the beach on Saturday 4pm.

Love from Mi-cha

"She is just too cute" I thought to myself.

I decided to go through the park this time. The trees swooshed past me as I ran. I felt a sudden rush of energy and sprinted the last mile home, I felt free as an emu. 

As I came through the door, my dad was drinking a cup of tea.

"Good run then, Ha-jin?"

"Yeah, it was pretty good," I replied.

After drinking a sea of water, I went upstairs to wash.  I had a feeling tonight was going to be a good one.

~heart~heart~heart~

I arrived at the beach just after four. Mi-cha, who was splashing in the sea came bounding up to me and smothered me in a big wet hug.  Finding myself a clear spot to lay my towel I plopped myself down and watched the younger kids play.  I thought back to when I was their age... how care-free I'd been. I lost myself in my thoughts and started dropping off to sleep.

I woke up with a start and looked around.  There he was... 

"Oh.. err, sorry for waking you," he said.

His voice was amazing... so soft, so kind... i stared in awe at his strong body.  The contours of his face were perfectly shaped and screaming out to be touched.  I suddenly remembered myself: Say something you fool!!

"Hi," I said weakly.  

We started talking, and the more he spoke, the more I realised I was falling for him. He was twenty three, sporty and amazing at drawing. He was perfect in every way.  An hour ago, had anyone said anything about love at first sight, I would have answered with: "Pffft.. that's a load of bobbins!" but now... after meeting the love of my life, I know it's true.

I was sad to see the party was ending. I didn't want to leave him.  We sat together for another five minutes when he leant over and pressed his soft lips against mine. His fingers ran down my arms to my hands and he interlocked out fingers, His tongue slipped into my mouth and danced with mine.  This was amazing. He was wonderful. He'd stolen my heart, and I wasn't looking for it!