Boy In Luv [prologue]

Love Letters & Lunch Boxes

'Do you remember the first time that we met? My heart was beating right out of my chest.' 

 

 

 

 

Kim Mingyu was never really the type to lie about his feelings.

Especially with the crazy little thing we call love. 

He believes in the universal saying that one should not hinder oneself in love. 

He was a hopeless romantic. An idiot in all honesty.

The reason behind this was no other than his parents themselves. Mingyu loved the idea of how his Mother never gave up in claiming his Father's love. She gave him lunch boxes and love letters until slowly yet surely, he finally became hers. A lot of people insisted that although he looks a lot more like his Dad, he resemble his mother more in terms of stubbornness. Mingyu was proud of that. He loves his parents more than anything else in this world. 

Ironically, he never really have fallen in love.

Sure he had dated a couple or more of his schoolmates but he never did felt that nerve wrecking feeling his mother had described to him.

The feelings that he had towards those girls were never enough. It was just a simple crush, nothing more and nothing less. He knew of course that he was still too young to think of falling in love. But whenever he would see his parents getting all lovey-dovey, he couldn't help but to get jealous. 

He wanted to fall in love. 

And he wanted it the instant. 

 

 



 

 

It was one normal and peaceful morning. Mr. Choi was discussing the origin of the Korean culture. Students would let out a yawn or two, no doubt bored with the current topic. Mingyu had his nose stuck on his notebook. He paid less attention to his teacher. To be honest, he'd rather be anywhere than here. 

He doodled his friends faces, not forgetting to add some quirks from here and there. That was the only way that he could think of to not fall asleep during that time. Mingyu grinned as he finished his so called 'masterpiece'.

His internal celebration was the cut off when the door slid open. Mr. Choi also halted on whatever he was doing. He gave the intruder a look who in exchange bowed politely.

"We're sorry, Mr. Choi," The intruder, aka the Vice President of the Student Council Yoon Jeonghan, smiled. "But would you please spare us some time. We have too do some announcement." He had met the boy countless times before because of his cousin Seongcheol. He even mistook him as his girlfriend because let's be honest, Yoon Jeonghan undenialbly looks like a girl.

"Sure, no problem." Mr. Choi nodded and gave him some room. Jeonghan yet again bowed before he entered. He had some papers in his hand. For sure it had something to do with things that has nothing to do with him. 

Or so as he believes.

Mingyu at this point was ready to return back to his doodling when another person entered the room.

The first thing that he noticed was the obnoxious pink hair.

Then that complexion that's highly comparable to that of a pure white snow.

Thump...

His breath hitched as a pair of cat-like eyes locked in with his. 

Thump. 

He felt his palms sweat as a smile slowly etched its way onto the beautiful stranger's pink lips.

Thump...

Thump...

And his heart started to beat erratically inside his chest.

It was strange...

... the strangest sensation that he had ever felt in his entire life.

But you know what even made it stranger that it already was?  

It was the fact that despite the number of beautiful girls the student population has, none of them made him feel this way. That of all people to give him such a nerve racking sensation, it was this person whom he never thought in million years will be the one to make him feel like a fish out of the water.  

It was this boy with a pink hair that managed to make experience the love his mother used to define.

 

 

 

 

 

Mingyu trembled. He clenched the fabric of his uniform as he tried to even out his breathing. He was getting dizzy no doubt about that, heck! The tall boy also found himself sweating despite of the weather. 

He did it. 

He really freaking did it. 

For the first time ever, he had finally done the thing that he promised himself to do once he fell in love. 

He put a letter inside the Pink Fairy's locker (with the help of Seungcheol of course), telling him to meet him at the school's rooftop.

So now here he was, waiting for the short boy to come so that he can confess his love. Wonwoo even called him an idiot for doing so, Hansol choked on his lollipop when knowing to whom he was going to confess. And Seungcheol? Well, Seungcheol dramatically cried and even promised to prepare his funeral.

It couldn't be that bad right? 

His train of thought was interrupted when the door to the rooftop opened. Mingyu gulped. A mop of pink hair peeked itself from the door, followed the person who owns it. The tall boy's breath hitched as Jihoon was finally in sight.

The older boy blinked. He tilted his head from left to right, he even checked his wrist watch to make sure that he was at the right time and place. Mingyu on the other hand couldn't speak. His words seemed to be stuck on his throat. His palms had started turning cold at that point on. He had to think straight.

Jihoon sighed and shook his head, obviously somebody had pranked on him. Wait till that idiot get a piece of his fist. Mingyu clumsily stuttered when the upperclassman made a move of leaving. 

"W-wait!"  

Jihoon blinked at that. He yet again faced the still trembling boy. Mingyu tried his hardest to smile to which the short boy merely just raised an eyebrow at, adding more to the nervousness that he was feeling.

"Yes?" Jihoon asked as polite as he could. Though it didn't hid how impatient he was getting. 

"T-the letter..." He stuttered. Jihoon at this point finally realized that he was indeed at the right time. And instead of a girl, this boy was the one who gave him that letter. His eyes went wide and his mind turned blank. 

Is he serious? 

This kid...

This kid who was starting to get on his nerves because of his extra tall height was the one who gave him the letter? 

THIS KID?!

'Isn't he Seungcheol's cousin? Was he behind this prank?' 

Jihoon frowned. 

"U-umm... My name is Kim Mingyu... I'm your future- I-i mean I'm an underclassman..." Mingyu started, which was then followed by a bow. "I know you're shock to see me here. I'm shock as well..." 

"...." 

The tall boy nervously chuckled as Jihoon kept quiet with a blank expression. "T-this may sound cheesy but, do you believe in love at first sight?"

Oh Lord.

"When I saw you earlier I couldn't really explain what I felt... My heart just—"

"Stop." Jihoon said as he rubbed his temples. Just the thought of hearing the rest makes the older boy cringe. He'd probably die by the time this Mingyu finishes. Too much cheese will kill you. "No. I'm sorry, but I am not going to accept your feelings." 

Ouch. 

"But I'm not even—" 

"Look, Mingyu-ssi." He raised his hand on the air as a sign for the tall boy to shut up. "I don't believe in your so called 'love at first sight'. You were just probably drunk when you saw me earlier." Jihoon sighed and shook his head. "I will not tell this to Seongcheol. Just... Go home kid. You need some sleep or something." With that he turned around. 

"But—" 

"No buts. Stop bothering me." 

Mingyu could only stand in his spot as he watched the older boy leave.

He couldn't believe what just happened. He wasn't even able to finish his sentence. The boy was used to rejecting girls so what happened was something new on his part. Still, he found himself feeling his heart inside his chest.

It was beating twice as fast as how it had when he first saw Jihoon.

He remembered his mother's words when his dad first rejected her. 

She didn't felt any pain. 

Instead, her heart started beating erratically inside her chest. From that moment, she knew he was the one. 

It was the same.

The scenario was the same. 

And Mingyu could only smile at the realization.

Yes, Lee Jihoon was definitely the one. 

 

 

 

 

Basically the effect of listening to BTS' Boy in luv + F(x)'s Beautiful Stranger over and over again. XD

 

A sequel as promised! Hope you enjoy!