Hide Your Love Away

Ice It Up

 

 Jessica grinned as she followed Tiffany to Taecyeon's car, unaware of the intense stare of another. She was so caught up in her happiness that she didn't hear what Tiffany was saying. It took a few seconds before she snapped out of her daze and blinked it away.

 

"S-Sorry, what did you say?"

Taecyeon sighed and shook his head, a smile playing at his lips. "You still zoning out? Are you that happy you got your Fany back?" His eyebrows wagged up and down suggestively indicating a double meaning, causing Tiffany to blush furiously.

"You're such a !"

Jessica didn't even bat an eye at the comment. She was so used to his teasing, that it flew right over her head and into the clouds never to be seen again.

"Of course I am," she confirmed, whacking Tiffany's 'fany'. "She's way more fun and easier to perform skinship with."

Taecyeon faked an arrow to the heart and Jessica snickered as she playfully sent more his way.

"Don't think you're that high on my radar Taec. You're just an oppa after all."

Taecyeon laughed hysterically as Jessica put on her best 'Ice Princess' face and whipped her hair back dramatically, all the while leaving Tiffany speechless. She knew they were really good friends-all of them were- but she still found it difficult to believe they never thought of each other as anything but. Sure, it was Taecyeon who set Jessica up with Jaebeom, but after their heartbreaking split... Wasn't he the one who picked up the pieces?

... Wasn't that out of love?

Sometimes she believed she understood Jessica best, but lately she was realizing that maybe that sort of thinking was pure arrogance on her part.

"So, since I've got things to discuss with Tiff-" she heard Taecyeon say, "-you'll be riding with Khun today."

 

Jessica felt a guilty blush rise. She had not seen another car because she was so caught up in the moment of joking with Taecyeon and making trouble to Tiffany. Glancing to the car parked a few feet away, her eyebrows furrowed in concern. Nichkhun was facing away from them and from his body language, it seemed as if he were struggling with something.

Taecyeon followed her gaze to the car and gave a slight sigh.

"Sica?" he called as Tiffany hopped into the passenger's seat and she turned away, "If possible, see if you can do something about that, okay?"

 Jessica gave a hesitant smile.

"I'll try."

 

 

 

 

 

"Hey, you okay?"

 

Nichkhun didn't visibly jump, but his heart leapt at the sound of her voice. As he turned to face her, he prayed that she would not see just how much she affected him. He inwardly cursed himself though, for it was just as he met her concerned gaze that he felt himself flush, his ears turning a light pink and his cheeks following suit.

She continued to stare but as the blush spread across his face, her concern deepened and she quickly hopped into the passenger seat beside him.

"Oppa! Your face!" Unthinking she cupped his reddened cheeks in her palms, not realizing the action only made it worsen. "Are you sick?"

Lovesick he responded mentally.

"Oppa?"

Nichkhun allowed himself to enjoy this small act of skinship, even though it was only an act of a concerned friend. Content, he reached up and begrudgingly removed her hands from his face.

With his usual smile he used for the cameras, he laughed it off and changed the subject.

"How are things with the girls lately? Any progress on relations? Some still mad?"

Although Taecyeon had told him that her relationship with some of the members was strained, he had not elaborated... And since inquiring would lead to suspicion, he had resigned himself to look after her from afar.

What he did not count on, nor could he imagine, was the level of extreme strain their relationship had-and kind of still was-enduring. Not until he glanced her way and saw her face.

Her face had turned pale, her eyes were lifeless and unseeing, parted in a silent whisper. It was as if exact hopelessness was taking over her body-her soul. But it was just as he was about to reach out to her that the look in her eyes glazed over and she put on a measured smile.

"Everything is fine now," she assured, her eyes showing just a hint of pain seemingly to say, 'Please, don't ask me anymore.'"

 

Nichkhun closed his eyes for just a second, a second to curse his garish attempt at starting a conversation. One, he now realized, had no hope in becoming a lively discussion.

It was stupid.

He was stupid. 

He had wanted her to confide in him as she did Taecyeon... But it was selfish of him to act on that desire. He had crossed a line and he wished he'd just kept his mouth shut. They had never been close enough for her to disclose private information or problems. All he had succeeded at doing was hurt her once again.

Opening his eyes once more, he gave her an apologetic smile, started the car, and drove off after Taecyeon.

It would seem the title of Thailand Prince was in name alone, for what prince would shamelessly hurt the princess? Especially a soft hearted and kindly ice princess?

 

 

Fans would have a hard time believing that their 'Prince' was merely a fool in disguise.