Second

Lovelight

“Jeonghannie!” Seokmin raps his small knuckles on the door until his sister her room, he awkwardly withdraws his hand and grins happily when the other opens the it, “You are ready!”

“I promised to go with you today didn’t I?” Jeonghan tightens her backpack and gently guides the other to the exit, “Mom made strawberry juices for us to bring.”

The younger sibling jumps in delight before running to the exit. He stomps around when Jeonghan is tying on her shoes, “Hurry! We are already late!”

“Oh?” Jeonghan closes the door before following the excited kid, “Is Soonyoung waiting for us again?”

Seokmin grabs the other hands, “You know he is.”

“You never told me how you met him.”

“His family moved in around a month ago I think,” Seokmin grumbles unhappily when his sister force him to walk slower, “They moved to that empty blue house down the street.”

“That’s not far,” Jeonghan nods in understanding, “Do you usually go to the park with him?”

“Yeah!” The boy grins, “And Seungcheol hyung always comes with us since two weeks ago, he’s so nice.”

Jeonghan raises an eyebrow, “Seungcheol-sshi is Soonyoung older brother right?”

“Cousin, he’s on break from college now.”

“I see,” The pretty girl stops walking in front of the bench, “We are here.”

Suddenly Soonyoung is running and launches himself at the other kid, the impact almost makes Seokmin fall down if Jeonghan’s hand is not holding him, “Thank God you guys are here,” The slightly chubbier one pants before grabs the other hand and starts pulling a confused Seokmin to the grass field, Soonyoung screams an explanation before running away, “I need my goalie Jeonghan noona!”

Jeonghan giggles at her brother’s friend antic before sitting on the bench. The brunette glances to the next bench and found that the cute guy, Seungcheol, is also babysitting again. She puts the backpack on her left side and takes out a notebook to read. It isn’t long before someone is sitting beside her, the high school girl looks down and seeing her baby brother frowning beside her.

“What’s wrong?”

The black haired kid kicks around with his barely dangling feet and complains unhappily, “Hansol and Seungkwan have to go home.”

Soonyoung, all sweaty and out of breath, fills the last seat beside Seokmin, “We don’t have enough players.”

“That’s too bad,” Jeonghan looks up to see cloudy skies and pats the black mop comfortingly, “I think it’s going to rain anyway, so we all still have to go home.”

The pout continues, “But I want to play.”

The long haired beauty pulls out two bottles of strawberry juice, transparent with red and blue cover, and sticks the cool surface on Seokmin’s cheek. The smaller one screams and moves away before sticking out his tongue in retaliation. He, now sticks really close to Soonyoung, grabs one of the bottles and happily drinks through the straw. Jeonghan offers the blue one to the other kid, “Do you want to drink too?”

Soonyoung accepts the container and hesitantly looks at his company, the one that is busy playing with his phone, “I do.”

Jeonghan smiles warmly, “You can ask him first you know.”

The older kid grins before turning to the side and cupping one palm around his lips, “Seungcheol hyung!”

The black haired man looks startled, “Yes?”

“Can I have strawberry juice from Jeonghan noona?”

“Sure,” Seungcheol says with a small smile and a subtle wink directed to Jeonghan, voice deep and pretty thick with accent, before continues “Don’t forget to say thank you.”

The shorter kid turns around and beams to the older girl, “Thank you Jeonghan noona!”

Jeonghan watches the two kids chattering happily beside her, occasionally drinking and uncaring about all the sweat or the darkening skies thick with clouds or about her hammering heartbeat because Seungcheol’s y accent. She takes a deep breath to calm her heart and reaches out for tissues on the bag, “I heard you just moved in around a month ago.”

“It’s almost two months ago now,” Soonyoung nudges the one next to him, “Moves a bit Seokmin.”

Seokmin barely shuffles, the bottle between his legs wobbles dangerously, “Okay hyung.”

“You are our new neighbor right,” Jeonghan tries to dabs the other’s forehead with trouble, “You should come to our house sometimes.”

“He is allowed to do that?” The younger sibling laughs when he sees his friend’s face, tissue glued on because of the sweat, “It sticks!”

“Oh,” Soonyoung tries to look at the new accessories at his own forehead, narrowing his eyes and frowning in concentration, “Thank you?”

“Sure he is; I think mom will be happy too,” Jeonghan giggles at the situation, “Come here and let me fix that for you.”

Soonyoung obediently stands and walks closer to the older one. He closes his eyes and letting Jeonghan rubs the sweat off gently, “Mom said I sweat a lot.”

Jeonghan giggles again, “You are.”

“Um,” Soonyoung grabs the trash on Jeonghan’s hand, “Can Seungcheol hyung come to play too?”

“Sure,” The girl watches as he half runs to the trash can nearby, “Is your brother living with you?”

Seokmin grins at his sister, “Someone is curious~”

Jeonghan softly whispers so the other kid will not hear, “Ssh.”

“Seungcheol hyung is my cousin,” Soonyoung is back and sits beside Seokmin again, “He came for college around last year, earlier than me.”

“I see.”

“Is Seoul your hometown Jeonghan noona?”

“Not really,” The long haired girl answers before her younger brother chips in, “We lived overseas before moving in two years ago!”

“Well that explains why Seokmin never called you noona,” Soonyoung sips the juice and leans back on the bench, “By the way; Seungcheol hyung said you are really pretty too,” He innocently blinks at the older girl to his left before sheepishly continues, “But he told me not to tell you.”

“Oh,” Jeonghan awkwardly says, red is already creeping up her face, “Okay.”

“I am hungry,” The youngest one interrupts the conversation, “Can we go home now?”

The high school student looks down to Seokmin’s teasing grin, she sighs, “Okay okay.”

Soonyoung pouts at his ready to go friend and looks down sadly to his half-finished drink, “Sorry I am not done yet.”

“Take it easy,”Jeonghan pats the other messy black mop before holding her younger brother outstretched palm and stands up, “You can give it back when you come to play.”

Seokmin waves happily with his free hand, “See you tomorrow hyung!”

-----

The room is dimly lit with only muted television as the light source. Two steaming cups of tea are on the table as the owners cuddled up on the couch beside it. Seokmin, clad in green shorts and way too big white hoodie, is cuddling up to his apple patterned pajama wearing sister’s side, “I am sleepy.”

“Go to sleep,” Jeonghan half-heartedly plays with the other’s hair, “I’ll wake you up when dad comes.”

“I hope he don’t get caught up in the rain,” The younger sibling snuggles closer, eyes getting heavier with sleep, “Hey Jeonghannie.”

“Yeah?”

“Do you like Seungcheol hyung?”

The hand stops, “I don’t know that yet.”

“I don’t mind if he becomes your boyfriend,” Seokmin throws his arm in attempt to half hug the older girl, he yawns before continues, “I like him; he is really nice to me.”

Jeonghan smiles warmly at her baby brother, “I’ll keep that in mind.”

 

-----

 

Seungcheol's accent is everything tbh

thanks for reading and tell me your thoughts~