Hearts that Connect;

The Picture that Changes Fate

 

With his hands stuffed into his pockets, he paced along the streets, looking into every clothing stores to see if there's a suitable dress for her to wear for the wedding dinner. Yeah right, her - he didn't even know why he's helping a mere stranger. Peering into the window, he laid his attention on a pretty white laced dress and placed his hands on the window, was this it?

"Come in, Sir," the saleslady must have spotted him from inside had came out to try clinch a deal. Her petite figure stood by the steps as the store as she gestured for him to get in. Seeing that there wasn't any customers in the store, he nodded willingly and entered the 'mini palace' - where I guess all ideal dresses could be found, it was just plain beautiful. It only dawned upon him why the store didn't had any customers when he saw the.. pricetag.

Oh my goodness.. He thought. He was not a rich prince to play along with this. He smiled sheepishly and scratched the back of his head, "Eheheh, any.. discount?"

She shrugged, "Oh wells, since such a handsome guy is getting a present for his girlfriend, I guess I shall be one kind soul and give you a discount?" she returned a shy grin. Wow, that flatter really made his day a little better.

"Thanks - a lot," he emphasized. "and for the compliment, you're pretty too!"

Their awkward conversation just ended at this note before he raced back home, he wouldn't want to get scolded by that lady again.  For no apparent reason.
 



Stepping back into his house, he was stunned by the image in front of him, oh please, this is not your house m'am.. "Here, ta-take this and get cha-changing, now, please," he stuttered, totally taken aback by what he saw. With just a towel wrapped around her, the lengthy figure slithered off the sofa and took the bag of clothes off his hand.

"Thanks!"

Wow, she really do cut an arresting figure. He bit his lips as he stood rooted to the ground, his heart beating faster that ever. His cheeks were flushed red and seem to have caught on fire. The words to describe her was just, 'such a... beautiful stranger'.  

"Your honey's calling, your honey's calling!" a ringtone snapped himself out of his reverie as he reached out for the handphone laid on the sofa, it must be hers, she has a boyfriend? Hesitant to pick it up, he held onto the handphone till it stopped ringing. A glimpse of her background caught his attention, wasn't that the Polaroid photo he had seen earlier. He dropped the phone back onto the sofa and rushed to the box, but that similar picture was gone.

"Hey, what 'cha looking for?" she echoed from behind.

He spun around  and glanced at her, "Something," he murmured. Was she the one? Why didn't he have any impression of her?

"This?" she picked up a Polaroid from the floor and waved at him.

"Yes! That is the one!" he flew over to her and tried to grab it from her hands but she hid it behind her.

"What's that?" she grinned mischievously from ear to ear. Somehow, he didn't want her to find out the connection between them. Furthermore, she already has a boyfriend, finding out would only make bother parties miserable.

"Your darling called you just now," he said, trying to digress.

"Is that so? We've broken up anyway," she laughed. "Whatever is it, let me check this out!"

Holding the Polaroid in her hands, she looked at it intensely, "Myungsoo, oppa? You are Myungsoo?" she said with a surprised tone. He froze, yes he was Myungsoo, but who was she? Nodding his head slightly, a smile escaped the lips of the girl in front of him. "I missed you.."

She held onto him and buried her face into his chest, "Never leave me again, please."

Myungsoo pushed her away, "And you are?"

Oh great! He doesn't remember her? It makes her job much easier.

"Yahhh! How can you not remember me? I'm Choronggie," she pouted.

Still, Myungsoo had no impression of her looks, her voice, nor her name. But somehow, yet she did resemble the girl in the picture. Not even the slightest bit he could remember what happened then.

"Oppa, will you be my date tonight? At the wedding," she clinged her arms with him and looked at him forlornly, "Please?"

"Su-sure," he stuttered, too taken aback. Anyway it doesn't hurt to be a date of such a beautiful stranger-but-yet-a-friend.
 



"Babe, over here," a man in his twenties called Chorong over as Myungsoo trailed after her. He did seem out of place since he didn't know anyone there. Beads of perspiration trickled down his temples when he saw the man's face. Nam Woohyun.

"Oppa!" Chorong exclaimed as she put her hands around his shoulder and winked playfully again. "Myungsoo, this is my ex," she introduced. 

"You got a new guy again?" he smirked at Myungsoo and looked back at Chorong.

"Yeah, and guess what, he's much better than you, coward!" she flapped her hands and squawked like  a chicken before she went over to Myungsoo and grasped his hands, "Jealous?"

Woohyun shrugged, "Beware Mr Kim, you'll be dumped in to time." 

"Shut up!" Chorong retorted before she gave Myungsoo a peck on his cheek. Whispering into his ear, "Just put on a show with me today, please!" He nodded in understanding before she strut of to get some drinks. 

"Myungsoo, Kim Myungsoo," Woohyun said slyly as he walked in front of Myungsoo.

"What do you want?" 

Woohyun shook his head and pat Myungsoo's shoulder, "Nothing. But do you remember what.. you did?"

Myungsoo gulped. "What if I don't?"

"Don't worry, I'll help you to do so then," Woohyun chuckled before he walked away, leaving Myungsoo standing there, visibly shakened. Life would not be so easy for him from that moment onwards.
 


 

"How's everything?" he caressed her face as he gave her a peck on the lips, "Son Naeun?"

She smirked, "He doesn't remember anything, there's no necessity to be Son Naeun. I'm still Park Chorong."

"Sure he doesn't?"

"Hundred percent!"

"Alright, I trust you," he smiled cheekily. "You're mine tonight."

 


 

 

 MINHYE's CORNER . 

@Yuichan17 ; I hate cliffhanger too, it just spoils everything, especially slow update authors like me haha! 
@hannaurora ;  they are revealed already!!! 
@eejiyoo957 ; wow! thanks haha, more osm-ness to come /ego much! heheh~ The pairing won't be revealed XP read and you'll know!
@ahniel ; what do u think then?^^ I won't reveal but you wanna guess?
@HYEAxoxo ; ikr?! Gogogo request at the shop [credited at forewords]! MYUNGEUN?! Sadly, ummm.. no? But there's something up my sleeves muahahhha~ I love myungeun too xD
@xStarLightx ;  MYUNGEUN?! Idk ;d maybe there's something up my sleeves? I'm crafty!
@inspiritpanda ;  Pinkfinite<3 yeahhh~ PARTY TGT! CLIFFHANGER is bad for slow update authors like me xD
@kby-lalagrl ;  thanks for the compliment! argh... my writing style is getting worst ;__; But NEVER JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER ;D  Myungrong or Myungeun you'll find out!
@clarestcho ;  Hmm, maybe? How'd u think after this chappie?

 

 

Meoww~
❝  
Hello! To new and old readers! Thanks for your support! 43 Subscribers for just 1 chapter?! Thanks so much for the support!
I guess what interest you guys most is the pairing right?! DON'T RUN AWAY NOW THAT IT"S MYUNGRONG. Because you never know
what's gonna happen~ Omo... I'm giving away half of my plot. I shall shut my mouth now and keep u all in suspense! And so sorrrrry, sorrrrrry

And Sorrrrry and Sorrrrrry and mianhae..for my super long hiatus.. I LOVE THIS STORY and of course I would like to update frequently but,
thanks to time constrain, everything is limited.. anyway, I'll be taking my official exam soon ;__; like the end of this month, so yeah. Wish me all
the best <3 thanks! Hope you guys still support my story!