1

Kiss Me Like That

Do you want to tell me something?” Wonwoo asked.

What do you mean?” The person Wonwoo was speaking to responded elusively, his eyes a bit large from being startled open by Wonwoo's sudden presence and the question at hand.

Mingyu, you know what I'm talking about. That wasn't part of the performance. We never planned for you to...kiss me like that...I mean my hand like that.” Wonwoo accidentally said that last bit louder than he intended, fearful that his original phrasing would say far more than he was trying to at that moment.

Earlier in the evening the two had put on a special performance. It was supposed to be typical fan service; show a bit of aggression, stand far closer to one another than people normally would...the usual – except for one unscripted moment. Now they were back at home in their dorm with Wonwoo standing next to Mingyu's bed.

The younger had tried to rush off to bed to avoid this very confrontation but no amount of pretending to be asleep would stop a determined Wonwoo from getting what he wanted and Mingyu knew that well enough. Wonwoo would get his answers but that wouldn't stop Mingyu from putting up a token resistance first.

Mingyu sat up on his bed and looked Wonwoo directly in the eyes. “I genuinely don't know what you're referring to.” He lied.

Wonwoo took a deep breath before responding frankly “I'm not going to play games with you. Why did you kiss m-my hand? Just answer my question!” Wonwoo sounded angry but came off whinier than he imagined he would. Still, he hoped Mingyu got the hint that he meant business.

And with that Mingyu quickly stood up. Wonwoo was soon reminded of their height difference (and the fact that he couldn't really intimidate him in the traditional sense) as Mingyu angled his head somewhat lower to maintain eye contact. “What exactly do you want to hear?” Wonwoo's first instinct was to take a step back though they had stood closer to each other literally just hours before. But this felt different. There was no audience, no plausible deniability, no real reason for them to be standing this close together at all – close enough to feel each other's breath on their faces.

I want to hear the truth.” Wonwoo said, not backing down or breaking eye contact.

Mingyu sighed heavily. “It was a mistake.”

A mistake?” Wonwoo responded somewhat sarcastically.

That's what I said.” Mingyu returned the favor.

That doesn't even make se--!!” Wonwoo stopped himself and took a sigh of his own. “This is stupid. Let's calm down and just talk, okay? Please?” Mingyu hesitated for several seconds before nodding sheepishly. “I'm not here to piss you off. I'm just a bit surprised and maybe a little bit more confused. In what way was that an accident?” Wonwoo continued.

It was a mistake in that it wasn't supposed to happen.”

Wonwoo couldn't keep the combination of disappointment frustration from creeping across his face. “And you understand why that's not really answering my question, right?”

...Yeah. What I mean is you weren't supposed to see that side of me...I wasn't supposed to see that side of myself.” Mingyu chuckled before looking away, seemingly switching moods from mild amusement to sadness in under a second.

It's okay, Mingyu.” Wonwoo whispered, stepping even closer to Mingyu, if that were even possible. “What – what side of you is that?” he asked with empathy clearly plastered across his face.

The side that's sometimes confused... by you.” Mingyu said gently, pushing the older a step back. He couldn't even maintain their eye contact anymore.

Wonwoo's eyes widened in surprise. He didn't say anything. After several seconds of defeaning silence and feeling utterly alone with his thoughts Mingyu turned to rush out of the room but stopped in his tracks when he heard Wonwoo's voice again.

"I didn't expect you to come right out and admit it."


---------------------------------


A/N: This is a bit short because I can go one of two ways, cute or it up lol. Which would you prefer?