Tacky and Warm

Sweet Surprise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Music flowed in mellow tones from the sound system in the living room while Sehun tucked in his black undershirt. “Silver Bells…. It’s Christmastime in the city…” he sang along softly. The words wove together in a mumble barely over a whisper, but the tune was pleasant in his husky tenor.

Ten months earlier, on Valentine’s day, it would have seemed that this scene was improbable at best. That assumption would be discounting two very important points, though. The first, was the man who had unexpectedly worked his way into Sehun’s life that night. The second was that despite his distaste for the tacky lace hearts, and other bits of Valentine’s aesthetics, Oh Sehun loved Christmas.

Of course, as he was in all things, Sehun was a man of classic and simple tastes. His home was decorated in silvers and gold, his tree wrapped elegantly in streams of ribbon and gauze with sets of ornaments that were perfectly matched. His garland was adorned with small bundles of bells spaced out exactly two feet apart, and holly adorned every door in the house.

Everything had a place, everything went together, all was calm and bright - except for the man who came bounding into the bathroom a moment later.

Sehun turned to look over his shoulder, and a fond smile turned his lips upward as he considered his boyfriend. Jongin was precisely the kind of person he had never known he needed in his life. Bright, bubbly, compassionate and full of the sort of warmth that could not be crafted - his joy was all his own, innate and lovely and perfect.

Jongin was absolutely out of place in this perfectly organized home, his hair intentionally mussed, fringe falling into his eyes, and a bright red sweater hung loosely from his shoulder. It was decorated in embroidered ornaments, bits of ribbon, and flashing lights sewn into the knit cables of the torso.

“You look beautiful,” Sehun hummed as he leaned forward to press a light kiss to Jongin’s lips. Jongin’s eyes and nose crinkled with his smile, and he pressed further into Sehun before he finally pulled away with a happy sigh.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter