Visiting Daddy

Visiting Daddy - Leo

Fog settled in around the city, the tops of skyscrapers were no longer visible while the clouds continued to march between the buildings and then settle lower and lower around the city. Shuffling around your two-bedroom apartment, you covered your mouth with the back of your hand as you rubbed your eyes slowly, your feet automatically lead you towards the kitchen as you made a small breakfast for you and your daughter, Lilly.

Cutting up some fruit and placing it on a plate, small pattering feet were heard coming down the hallway.

“Good Morning Mommy!” Lilly greeted energetically, her little feet continue to trot across the floor while her nightgown flowed around her legs with each stride, her offset pigtails bouncing up and down with every step.

“Morning sweet girl” You smiled as you placed the small breakfast on the counter, in front of her favorite bar stool.

“Ups, please” She reached up, her small fingers only visible from the top fo the counter. Giggling under your breath, you walked around the peninsula counter top, scooping her up with your hands on her sides and placing her gently on her favorite stool, you kissed her head as she reached out and pulled an apple slice from the plate in front of her as she munched on it.

“Did you have good dreams?” You asked her, grabbing a slice of an orange and sat on the stool next to her. Watching her head nod in response to your question, you smiled and leaned against the counter taking another bite into your mouth.

“What was it about?” You probed curiously, always loving to hear her dreams and her imagination running wild.

“Daddy” She replied, tilting her head to one side before grabbing some dry cereal and slipping the cereal in between her lips.

“What about Daddy?” You leaned in, hanging on her simple word.

“Hrmmm…” Lilly tapped her bottom lip for a moment before she turned her head to look at you, dropping her eyes down to her messily painted toes, that she insisted on painting herself, she shrugged her shoulders. “I can’t remember.”

You watched her shrug her shoulders then resume eating. Your eyes wondered over her tiny form, allowing your mind to wonder as well to her Daddy, Leo.

“Lilly?” You sang as she slipped an orange slice into

“Yes?” She turned her head and continued to eat while looking at you.

“Would you like to surprise Daddy today?” You tried to keep your bright smile hidden, yet it managed to find a way to your lips anyways.

“YES!” Lilly exasperated happily, bouncing on her little feet as her hands clapped loudly together. Nodding, you stood up, kissed her head and then began to do the breakfast dishes as she finished up breakfast.

“Where are we going Mommy?” Lilly questioned from the backseat, her eyes looking out the window from her spot in her car seat.

“Daddy is signing things for his fans today and we are going to surprise him” Your eyes shifted up to the rear view mirror to see her reflection.

“Right! He is going to be so happy!” Lilly bounced her legs to the songs that played on the radio, moving her hands to some moves that she had picked up from random places.

The fog continued to claim the city as you carefully drove towards the convention center, where they were having the event. Big banners and signs covered the exterior of the building, each member having at least one picture on the outside of the large building. Picking out Leo’s picture almost instantly, you smiled to yourself before shifting your eyes back to the road and pulled into a parking garage.

Pulling out a ticket, the gate opened and you pulled into the large parking lot. Circling around a few floors, you finally found an open parking space, expertly maneuvering your car into the slot, you put the car in park and turned the key back and pulled it out before the overhead lights came on.

“Are we there?” Lilly questioned while sitting up in her seat.

“We are” You smiled and stepped out of the car, closing your door and opening hers as you unbuckled her from her car seat.

Lilly’s arms reached up as you lifted her up and out of the car before resting her on your hip. Feeling her move, you slid your purse onto your shoulder as she put on her little backpack, that she carried everywhere.

“Mommy… I don’t see Daddy…” She pouted, her hands grasping your shirt a little

“We have to walk a little bit to get to Daddy, we just had to park the car” You explained, closing her door, you pressed the lock button twice on your key fob. The honk of your car echoed through the parking garage as you headed off towards the convention center.

Reaching the street, you followed the sidewalk and pressed the button on the street lights so that you could cross the street.

“Mommy what is this?” Lilly waved her hand as you waited for the lights to change.

“That’s fog” You replied, a smile playing on your lips as she tried to push it away

“What’s…. frog?” She asked, too caught up in trying to get the fog away from her.

“Fog is clouds” You told her, hearing your words she froze and snapped her head towards you.

“Clouds? This is clouds?” Lilly questioned as her whole demeanor changed.

“It is~” You sang seeing the lights start to change.

“I want to hug the clouds” Lilly’s arms wrapped around the air and tried to pull it into her as her actions of pushing away the clouds became embracing.

“Don’t give the clouds all your hugs, you need to save some for Daddy” You tease, bopping her on the nose.

“I have a lot of hug! Just like Olaf!” Your daughter held onto you as you nodded, knowing her obsession with Frozen was very strong for a girl of three years old.

Crossing the street, you carried Lilly towards the large convention center. Joining the end of the line, the hordes of teenage girls flocked and clogged the several pairs of double doors leading into the convention center. Lilly slipped form your arms as she stayed beside your side and stretched her legs a little. Trying out skipping and jumping up and down a little, she quickly got distracted by a black bug on the sidewalk. Squatting down, she rested her little hands on top of her knees as she slowly followed the bed, watching it intently before she reached out and tried to touch it.

Getting close to it, she laughed loudly and jumped up and ran behind your leg. Your hand gently rested on her head as you smiled down at her.

“The bug moved” She whispered as you nodded

“They tend to do that” You giggled, watching her slowly approach the bug once again. Observing the bug like she did before, you smiled and watched her, getting a few pictures from afar knowing Leo would love looking through all of the pictures you have taken of her over the past two months, since he had been traveling around the Eastern Hemisphere.

“Lilly it is time to go in now” You told her, stepping closer and closer to the double doors. “Say thank you to the bug for playing:

“Bye Buggie! Thank you for playing!” She waved at the bug before trotting up beside you, slipping her little hand into yours, you passed through security as you received some passes that hung around your neck.

Stepping through the doors, you pulled off to the side as you knelt down and carefully placed the pass over Lilly’s head.

“What is this necklace for?” She grasped the large ticket and tried to read it as you pulled yours over your head.

“So we can see Daddy, but you have to stay close to Mommy and not let her hand go” You gently rested your hand on her side as she nodded gently.

“I promise” She smiled brightly and wrapped her arms around your neck. Standing up, you held her in your arms while following the crowds to the room where everyone lined up, single file awaiting the fan signing.

An hour or two ticked by as Lilly took a little nap on your shoulder, stepping into the room, you laid eyes on the man that stole your heart and has held it safely ever since.

“Daddy is here” You whisper to her, gently kissing her cheek as her hand rubbed her tired eyes slowly.

“Daddy?” She questioned in her groggy, slurred voice. Instantly, her sleepy state faded as she sat up and looked around frantically trying to find him.

“See? He is right over there?” You pointed discretely through the crowds at Leo sitting behind the long table with the other members on one side of him.

“Daddy!” She called a little too loudly, thankfully the fangirls were louder than she was as you shushed her quietly.

“We don’t want to ruin the surprise” You told her, gently patting her stomach before tucking some hair behind her ear, trying to make her and yourself presentable.

The line moved quicker as you approached the table, your heart rate increased as your eyes continued to stay set on Leo. Lilly tried to wave to him to get his attention, a smile curled on your lips as the last girl in front of you walked up to the table, getting to Leo first, he greeted her politely and signed just the way she would like before sliding the book down to the next member in line.

Leo’s brown eyes lifted up, looking for the next fangirl in line, however instead of just seeing a fangirl, he saw his number one fan and his number two fan. Standing up in awe, you couldn’t hold back your smile any longer as Lilly bounced in your arms, Leo continued to stand, his eyes locking with yours as the room went silent. The members turned and looked up at Leo just to see him turn and walk around the table.

Security stepped in front of him as he whispered some words to them before he walked over to you, security following closely behind.

“Hi Daddy!” Lilly greeted him brightly as he smiles as her.

“Hi Princess” His special smile pulled on the corners of his lips before his eyes flickered over to meet yours. Butterflies released in your stomach while your feet stepped towards him.

Leo’s long arms wrapped around both you and your daughter, pulling you against him, your free arm slowly s around him as you stepped towards him slightly. Your bodies pressed against each other, feeling his heartbeat against yours while the heat from his skin gently pressed against yours. Resting your head slowly in the crook of his neck, your eyes fluttered closed. Feeling everyone else fade away, his scent wrapped around you while your hand gently rubbed his back.

“It is good to see you too” Leo whispered, barely audible as his warm breath brushed over the shell of your ear.

“You too, sweetie. It has been a little while” You whispered quietly, clamping your eyes closed to try and convince the tears to stay in your eyes rather than run down your cheeks.

“Two months, three days, seven hours and thirteen minutes. exactly” He mumbled softly, trying to stay as quiet as possible while he could hear the fangirls gathering around him, not to mention the cameras clicking away excitedly.

Hearing the crowd get louder, he pulled away from you slowly, dreading letting you go. Lacing his hand with yours, he bowed to the fans, cameras and security before bringing you behind the table with him.

“What are you doing?” You asked as a worker brought out another chair for you, placing it next to his, on the other side where his band mates weren’t sitting.

“You’re staying with me for the rest of the day” Leo winked at you as you sat down first, Lilly held up her hands for him, he happily took her from you and eased down into his seat; holding his little girl on his lap.

Sitting back, you watched Leo interact with his fans, signing off happily as some of the fangirls even interacted with Lilly, letting you and her sign in their books and albums as well. The line slowly passed while time ticked on, Lilly rested against Leo’s chest, her head gently rising and falling with her father’s breathing. Her eyelids slid over her big brown eyes, allowing her to drift into dreamland in her father’s arms.

Everyone stayed seated until the last fangirl got all of the signatures. Lights started to turn off as Leo stayed seated with you by his side. His arms wrapping around his little girl as he adjusted her slightly so she is comfier.

“She has grown up so much” Leo whispered, his long fingers trailing across her cheek and tucking some hair behind her ears while tracing the fabric marks across her cheeks.

“She has but don’t worry, I took lots of pictures while you were away” You told him, leaning closer to him while your hand gently rubbed his arm slowly.

“Don’t worry I won’t leave on another trip for a while” He lifted his eyes as his loving, kind, father like eyes meeting yours.

“Good, we need our Daddy around” You smiled, resting your head on his shoulder for a moment before some feet shuffled up behind you.

“Here are your things” Hyuk smiled as you sat up and turned around, seeing his coat and duffel bag being carried by Hyuk and Hongbin.

“Thank you guys” You smiled at them as Leo carefully stood up, careful not to wake Lilly in his arms.

“Have a safe drive home” Ken bowed to you as you nodded

“You as well” You bid them, grabbing Leo’s things, he stopped you with his hand on your arm.

“I can get it, you don’t have to carry everything” A little chuckle slipped from his lips.

“You are carrying the most important thing” You whispered to him, grabbing his things and headed out the door as he followed you, making sure you can handle it.

The cool air nipped at the exposed skin on your body as Lilly whined a little, wrapping his warm coat around her, she settled back down as he smiled and crossed the street with you. Opening your door for you, with his one free hand, you smiled and placed the bags in the back while Leo eased Lilly into her car seat. Slipping behind the wheel, Leo the car as you slipped into the passenger seat.

Buckling up, the three of you headed home. Through the darkness that filled the cab, his hand found yours as your fingers laced with his. Confidently driving with his other hand atop of the wheel, his thumb gently brushed over your fingers, giving your hand gentle squeezes now and again.

A while later, Leo pulled the car safely into a parking spot. Turning back the key, he sighed and sank into his seat for a moment, his head leaning against the head rest before allowing it to roll over and look at you.

“I missed you, _______” His voice was soft, sincere, and sweet tone yet laced with a passionate love. The two brown eyes of his lightly twinkled in the low light of the street lamps scattered in the parking lot.

“I missed you too, Leo” You whispered, your body moving closer to him. Cautiously, his hand lifted up and slid across your jawline, holding it gently letting himself lean closer to you.

Those brown orbs of his moved from your lips to your eyes then back to your lips while he lightly wet his lips. Knowing exactly what he wanted to say, you nodded and leaned further towards him. Just as your lips were about to brush, your eyes slowly closed, your lips pressed against one another as the warmth spread throughout your body, fireworks began to shoot around you two.

Leaning into the kiss, you wrapped your arms around him, pulling him closer as the kiss stayed slow, however getting deeper and more passionate with each passing moment. Breaking the kiss for air not long after, Leo rested his forehead against yours.

“We should get Lilly to bed” Leo whispered, turning a little to see her still fast asleep in her car seat.

Nodding softly, the two of you parted as you grabbed the bags, letting him get Lilly. Heading into the building, he held all of the doors open for you, making sure that you made it up to the room safely.

Entering your humble abode, you placed some bags in the entryway before carrying others to their places. Hanging up his jacket, you looked over your shoulder to see Leo carefully moving towards her bedroom. A warm smile came over your lips as love filled your bosom. Bringing his duffel bag back to the bedroom, you locked up the apartment and turned off all of the lights before you stopped by Lilly’s bedroom to see what he was doing.

Resting against the frame of the door, Leo had laid Lilly under the covers with her stuffed bear he gifted to her on her very first birthday cradled in her arms. Kneeling next to her bed, he softly sang her favorite lullaby while admiring her sleeping form even though she was fast asleep.

Once the song was over, he made sure that the night light was illuminating before heading out to wrap his arm around you gently.

“She missed you too” You whispered before the two of you headed to the master bedroom for the night.

“Hopefully I didn’t make her too sad” He whispered solemnly, slipping under the covers on his side as you slipped onto your side of the bed.

“She had a lot of fun making things to give you when you returned home” You reassured him, turning off the last lamp.

Leo’s arms were outstretched while one hand gently patted his chest. Smirking, you nodded and eased yourself down onto him, with your head on his chest, his arms wrapped around you while yours wrapped around his.

“I’ve missed this” He kissed the crown of your head before rubbing your back slowly. “It’s good to be home”

“It’s good to have you home, Daddy”